Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Garmin S6 won't hold charge - options?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 espy09

espy09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 329029
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

Not sure if anyone has had this issue before, but I can't imagine I'm the only one.  I bought the watch brand new about two and a half years ago.  Now it won't hold a charge for more than an hour without even playing a round.  

I tried looking for a battery replacement but it doesn't seem there is one.  I know the S60 is out, but I really don't want to buy a new $400 watch when it doesn't seem that much of an upgrade.  I've heard Garmin has an exchange program.  Has anyone participated?  What is it like and will have to dish out more money?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 5816

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:06 AM

I'm not aware of an official exchange program - but I have heard of folks being offered various 'deals' after calling C.S. about a unit that is having problems after the warranty has expired.   I've even got a full replacement (referb unit) at no cost other then shipping.  But in my case the warranty was only out by a few months, not a full year or more.  Also the fact that I was on record as long time and frequent Garmin customer might have helped a bit.

So the only thing I can suggest is just give them a call.

#3 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
GolfWRX Likes : 2628

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:12 AM

View PostStuart G., on 04 May 2018 - 04:06 AM, said:

I'm not aware of an official exchange program - but I have heard of folks being offered various 'deals' after calling C.S. about a unit that is having problems after the warranty has expired.   I've even got a full replacement (referb unit) at no cost other then shipping.  But in my case the warranty was only out by a few months, not a full year or more.  Also the fact that I was on record as long time and frequent Garmin customer might have helped a bit.

So the only thing I can suggest is just give them a call.
I agree with Stuart. Give Garmin a call, they have excellent customer service that is actually state side and not some offshore call center. Maybe someone can even help you diagnose and correct the problem problem without replacing it.

#4 espy09

espy09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 329029
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:06 AM

Thank you for your responses.  I'll give Garmin a call to see if they can help me out.

#5 Smashdcrab

Smashdcrab

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482642
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

This probably won't help but it's worth a try to do a master reset.
Power off the device.
Press and hold score button.
Press the power button.
Select yes when prompted to clear the user data.

Hope it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors