Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Dear blade,


366 replies to this topic

#1 IIvudooII

IIvudooII

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 423590
  • Joined: 05/03/2016
  • Location:Boyle Heights
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:48 AM

I am making the leap from very forgiving irons to the MIURA MC501’s. My fascination with forged, blade type irons began with a single session I had with a muscle back. At that time, I knew I was not good enough to play these irons but the pure feel of the club always stood with me.

     You could take a v6 and add everything imaginable to make it feel like a v8, but you know with every mod that you cannot replicate the vibration, the feel. I eventually got my v8, as I am now moving on to these beautiful MC’s.

      I want to hear from some of you. I know I made the right choice. Even at the expense of losing a little distance, the confidence I feel when I strike these clubs is beyond words. It is like finally sleeping with the right woman. Your body has a way of synchronizing itself with what your head is already telling you. I mean, is there going back? Tell me why you fellas play MB’s, Cb’s, blade types, when there are various more forgiving options available?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Maximilian

Maximilian

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106865
  • Joined: 04/25/2010
  • Location:Stockholm, Sweden
GolfWRX Likes : 418

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:43 AM

Yes, there is going back. Then going back again, and a few more times back and forth.

I like thin-ish soles and low-sh offset for how I strike the ball, but I'm already a natural high spin player and very seldomly try to work the ball sideways, only trajectory, so for me blades make little sense. I've played forged CB's most of my life, but recently switched to the P790's that are a lower spin more forgiving iron but still relatively little offset and not too wide soles. Life on the course has never been more pleasant for me!

Not the slightest interested in going back to something that may provide more feel and workability right now, but give me a few more long winters to overthink things and I may change my mind. :-)

2

#3 Petunia Sprinkle

Petunia Sprinkle

    Future King of France

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397380
  • Joined: 09/25/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 4256

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:21 AM

View PostIIvudooII, on 03 May 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

I am making the leap from very forgiving irons to the MIURA MC501s. My fascination with forged, blade type irons began with a single session I had with a muscle back. At that time, I knew I was not good enough to play these irons but the pure feel of the club always stood with me.

     You could take a v6 and add everything imaginable to make it feel like a v8, but you know with every mod that you cannot replicate the vibration, the feel. I eventually got my v8, as I am now moving on to these beautiful MCs.

      I want to hear from some of you. I know I made the right choice. Even at the expense of losing a little distance, the confidence I feel when I strike these clubs is beyond words. It is like finally sleeping with the right woman. Your body has a way of synchronizing itself with what your head is already telling you. I mean, is there going back? Tell me why you fellas play MBs, Cbs, blade types, when there are various more forgiving options available?

Continuing the metaphor, I hope you never find her hiding in someone elses bushes.

Im always happier when I go back to my old blades. If I had any sense, Id just play them all the time.

3

#4 Bye

Bye

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295315
  • Joined: 02/05/2014
  • Location:England
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 529

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:01 AM

Once you have flushed a bladed long iron nothing will ever be the same again. It make take a while to do it again, but it will be logged in the memory bank.
Taylormade 2017 M1 8.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70g X
Titleist 915F 17.25 - Diamana Whiteboard D+ 80g X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey 46.08, 50.08 - X100
Vokey 56S, 60M - S300
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Stainless
Titleist Pro V1

4

#5 gbartko

gbartko

    Whooooo!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136284
  • Joined: 08/13/2011
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Ebay ID:gbartko79
GolfWRX Likes : 213

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:05 AM

I play blades cause my misses ALWAYS stop short of the trouble. Like Kramer and Frank Costanza, thats my move: I stop short!

(14 of the following depending on course/conditions)
TaylorMade R510 TP 8.5° [Fujikura Speeder 757 S]
Callaway x2Hot Pro 2Deep 12.5° [Aldila Tour Green 75 S]
Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro F2 LE 15.5° [Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75 S]
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5° [UST ProForce V2 75 S]
Callaway x2Hot Pro 20° Hybrid [KBS Hybrid S]
Callaway x2Hot Pro 23° Hybrid [Aldila Tour Green 75H S]
Ping S55 4-W [Nippon NS Pro Modus3 120 S]

Ping Glide 52° SS / 58° SS [Nippon NS Pro Modus3 120 S / 125 Wedge]
Ping Anser 85020 [35", Pingman Blackout]
Super Stroke TX1 (Midsize, black/white]
Bridgestone B330 / B330 S

5

#6 bcsquare

bcsquare

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486266
  • Joined: 11/07/2017
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:tangray06
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:48 AM

View PostBye, on 03 May 2018 - 04:01 AM, said:

Once you have flushed a bladed long iron nothing will ever be the same again. It make take a while to do it again, but it will be logged in the memory bank.

That feeling of a flush bladed iron is what sucks you in, it's intoxicating

6

#7 Sir Slicealot

Sir Slicealot

    Mr. MP-4

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433816
  • Joined: 07/23/2016
  • Location:Virginia
  • Handicap:Ha
GolfWRX Likes : 653

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostBye, on 03 May 2018 - 04:01 AM, said:

Once you have flushed a bladed long iron nothing will ever be the same again. It make take a while to do it again, but it will be logged in the memory bank.
That's the truth. When you can do it multiple times a day at the driving range it becomes an addiction. When you draw the iron out of your bag to save you from a short drive and utter the small prayer at address before turning on the smooth swing, then you have entered the religious stage. The buttery click will be the thing of dreams.
WITB:
XR 9Pro Speeder 665 Evolution II Tour Spec X-flex
MP-9 1 iron DG X100 15
RAM FX Tour Grind 1 iron Tempur Dynamic Tour Stiff 17
MP-4 3-PW DG S300
MD PM 56
MD PM 64
2014 8802
Out:
MP-29 1-2 DG S300
MD Forged 52
MD PM 60
Really Out:
GBB Mini 1.5 14 Speeder 565 S-flex
Tight Lies II 3+ 13.5

7

#8 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 14857

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:20 AM

youuu rannnggg!?


in other news im thinking of ordering a 4-7 hybrid , a 40 ft ball retriever and a pull cart... really close to giving up on life...lol

Edited by bladehunter, 03 May 2018 - 07:22 AM.

17 M1 8.7  Tour Issue Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Titleist 816H2 21 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Miura 1957 Small Blades 3-pw Modus 130X
Vokey  sm6   54M  300 series 59  Modus 125X
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights, vertical stamp face

8

#9 Sir Slicealot

Sir Slicealot

    Mr. MP-4

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433816
  • Joined: 07/23/2016
  • Location:Virginia
  • Handicap:Ha
GolfWRX Likes : 653

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:30 AM

View Postbladehunter, on 03 May 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

youuu rannnggg!?


in other news im thinking of ordering a 4-7 hybrid , a 40 ft ball retriever and a pull cart... really close to giving up on life...lol
Good heavens! Just get a heaven wood and a divine nine and call it a day. Those two clubs apparently solve everything.
WITB:
XR 9Pro Speeder 665 Evolution II Tour Spec X-flex
MP-9 1 iron DG X100 15
RAM FX Tour Grind 1 iron Tempur Dynamic Tour Stiff 17
MP-4 3-PW DG S300
MD PM 56
MD PM 64
2014 8802
Out:
MP-29 1-2 DG S300
MD Forged 52
MD PM 60
Really Out:
GBB Mini 1.5 14 Speeder 565 S-flex
Tight Lies II 3+ 13.5

9

#10 MrJones

MrJones

    Waiting for the weekend...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Joined: 08/26/2006
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:39 AM

For whatever reason my brain is convinced I can strike the ball better with blades. I'll go to a forgiving iron for a while and then eye ball every blade iron I see till I can't stand it anymore.

I play better with them because I THINK I can play better with them.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
TM RAC MB 3-PW
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*   
Odyssey White Ice 1

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Petunia Sprinkle

Petunia Sprinkle

    Future King of France

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397380
  • Joined: 09/25/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 4256

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:40 AM

View PostSir Slicealot, on 03 May 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 03 May 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

youuu rannnggg!?


in other news im thinking of ordering a 4-7 hybrid , a 40 ft ball retriever and a pull cart... really close to giving up on life...lol
Good heavens! Just get a heaven wood and a divine nine and call it a day. Those two clubs apparently solve everything.

Ely Would solve them even more thoroughly.

11

#12 gators78

gators78

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,704 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121638
  • Joined: 02/03/2011
  • Location:City of Champions
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 819

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:48 AM

From my experience call it 7i to W there is minimal difference between blades or forgiving clubs.

However, once you get to the 165-225 range, which every strokes gained guru has said is the key spot to lowering scores, you'll find out real quick how good you are.

205 yard par 3 over water, here's a blade 4 iron and 10 balls, lets see whatcha got.
M2
M2 3W, Hybrid
1957 Blades (I blame you, WRX)
RTX3s
Odyssey

12

#13 pinestreetgolf

pinestreetgolf

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,690 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435010
  • Joined: 08/02/2016
  • Location:Louisiana
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:butlerj_dickinson
GolfWRX Likes : 1565

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostPetunia Sprinkle, on 03 May 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

Continuing the metaphor, I hope you never find her hiding in someone else's bushes.
I'm always happier when I go back to my old blades. If I had any sense, I'd just play them all the time.

View Postbcsquare, on 03 May 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

That feeling of a flush bladed iron is what sucks you in, it's intoxicating

View PostMrJones, on 03 May 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

Even at the expense of losing a little distance, the confidence I feel when I strike these clubs is beyond words. It is like finally sleeping with the right woman. Your body has a way of synchronizing itself with what your head is already telling you. I mean, is there going back?

Yes, there is going back.

There is no question or doubt blades feel better on good strikes.  The problem is whether you care about score or feel.  Its not bad to care about feel more, but your golf score is determined by how good your worst strikes end up not your best ones.  Equipment (assuming your goal is the lowest score possible) should mitigate bad strikes not optimize good ones.

People who play blade irons without the chops tend to blame themselves for the bad shots and give the blades credit for the good ones.

View PostIIvudooII, on 03 May 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

Tell me why you fellas play MB’s, Cb’s, blade types, when there are various more forgiving options available?

Because the key to playing golf at or below par is no doubles or worse.  You can bogey holes, but once the doubles start you can't win an event or post a really strong round.  Even though forgiving irons are more muted (and they are) they also go much straighter and farther on mishits.  Assuming you aimed to keep trouble out of play, this is a strong key to avoiding doubles.

You don't shoot great golf rounds and win tournaments by sniping pins with deadly accurate clubs.  That's a myth.  You do it by hitting green after green and never making double bogey.  GI clubs (maybe not SGI, but GI - Apex Pro, J40 DPC, Mizzy SC, etc...) are very good at hitting the fringe on poor swings aimed at the middle of the green.

Blades are a tough go because one bad swing can undo five good ones during an actual round.

This IMO of course.  The feel of blade is awesome, and if its worth it to lose the forgiveness and bring some doubles in for that feeling have at it!  But to answer the OP's question, that's why I do not play blades and never will.  A thin topline player's CB has most of the advantages and doesn't have the MASSIVE disadvantage of a toe hit going half as far.
Nike SQ 10.5* Tour Green 75x 43.5"
Dual Rescue 1 Hybrid 14*, s300
Burner Rescue 2 & 4 Tour Hybrids, s300
Bridgestone j40 DPC 5-PW, s300
Engage 54 & 58*, s300
Putter En Route From BST!

13

#14 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

    Samus is 1 yr old now!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72626
  • Joined: 01/12/2009
  • Location:Minnesota, USA
  • Ebay ID:n.r.jyzr
GolfWRX Likes : 4644

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

View Postbladehunter, on 03 May 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

youuu rannnggg!?


in other news im thinking of ordering a 4-7 hybrid , a 40 ft ball retriever and a pull cart... really close to giving up on life...lol

Trying to turn your game into anti-aircraft fire?  :)
The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver:  R9 SuperDeep, NV85 X at 43½" --or-- SLDR White, RIP Alpha 80 X at 43.5"

3w:  TEE E8 Beta 12°, Rogue Silver 70 X at 43"

2h Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400 tipped slightly

3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S --or-- 1-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, DGS400 (toggle 1i and 2h above)

SW:  Ram Tom Watson 55°, DGX ss2x
LW:  Maltby Design 60°, DGS300 tipped 1"
SW:  Ram Troon Grind 58°, Dynamic S (with 1-PW set, replacing SW/LW above)
Putter:  Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
Balls:  in no particular order...  Wilson Staff FG Tour or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV
Shoes by True Linkswear
Pure Pro grips, various colors (also trying Royal X-Treme V)

14

#15 gators78

gators78

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,704 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121638
  • Joined: 02/03/2011
  • Location:City of Champions
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 819

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

View Postpinestreetgolf, on 03 May 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

[You don't shoot great golf rounds and win tournaments by sniping pins with deadly accurate clubs.  That's a myth.  

I know what you were trying to say there around not making doubles, but to clarify deadly accurate clubs is exactly why the best are the best.

Mark Broadie was on NLU talking about Tiger's game in his prime and what was his strongest strokes gained area. Most people would say his putting first, then driving, but in actuality it was his approach game. He would be gaining nearly 8 strokes on the field just with approaches over the course of a tournament. That's off the charts good.

M2
M2 3W, Hybrid
1957 Blades (I blame you, WRX)
RTX3s
Odyssey

15

#16 MrJones

MrJones

    Waiting for the weekend...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Joined: 08/26/2006
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:29 AM

View Postpinestreetgolf, on 03 May 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostMrJones, on 03 May 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

Even at the expense of losing a little distance, the confidence I feel when I strike these clubs is beyond words. It is like finally sleeping with the right woman. Your body has a way of synchronizing itself with what your head is already telling you. I mean, is there going back?

Yes, there is going back.

There is no question or doubt blades feel better on good strikes.  The problem is whether you care about score or feel.  Its not bad to care about feel more, but your golf score is determined by how good your worst strikes end up not your best ones.  Equipment (assuming your goal is the lowest score possible) should mitigate bad strikes not optimize good ones.

People who play blade irons without the chops tend to blame themselves for the bad shots and give the blades credit for the good ones.

Just want to point out that you've misquoted me here. Don't know why.
Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
TM RAC MB 3-PW
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*   
Odyssey White Ice 1

16

#17 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 1547

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:32 AM

View Postpinestreetgolf, on 03 May 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

There is no question or doubt blades feel better on good strikes.

Et, tu? I hope this is one of those gray absolutes.
Cobra F7 Driver
HZRDUS Yellow, 8.5* @44.5"

In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5"
3W = 15*
5W = 19*
7W = 23*

Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*
7I = 29*
8I = 34*
9I = 39*
PW = 44*
GW = 49*
SW = 54*
LW = 59*

Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"

Maxfli SoftFli

17

#18 Nessism

Nessism

    To measure is to know...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
  • Joined: 06/23/2011
  • Location:Torrance, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 8080

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:48 AM

Regardless of how many blade threads we have here someone will always start a new one.  At least this one goes straight to the emotion of the matter with the unveiled sexual innuendo.  Well done! :rolleyes:
Ping G400 driver w/Adila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
TEE XCG6 3 & 5 fairway woods & E8 hybrid
Mizuno Hot Metal irons w/Recoil 95's
Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110's
Ping Anser putter - the "real deal!"

18

#19 Sir Slicealot

Sir Slicealot

    Mr. MP-4

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433816
  • Joined: 07/23/2016
  • Location:Virginia
  • Handicap:Ha
GolfWRX Likes : 653

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:53 AM

View Postgators78, on 03 May 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

205 yard par 3 over water, here's a blade 4 iron and 10 balls, lets see whatcha got.
Can we!?! Can we!?! That's one of my favorite clubs! Is this going to be a 205 to the pin or a carry over water?
WITB:
XR 9Pro Speeder 665 Evolution II Tour Spec X-flex
MP-9 1 iron DG X100 15
RAM FX Tour Grind 1 iron Tempur Dynamic Tour Stiff 17
MP-4 3-PW DG S300
MD PM 56
MD PM 64
2014 8802
Out:
MP-29 1-2 DG S300
MD Forged 52
MD PM 60
Really Out:
GBB Mini 1.5 14 Speeder 565 S-flex
Tight Lies II 3+ 13.5

19

#20 DeNinny

DeNinny

    Major Wiener

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21391
  • Joined: 11/05/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 18545

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:05 AM

View PostIIvudooII, on 03 May 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

I am making the leap from very forgiving irons to the MIURA MC501’s. My fascination with forged, blade type irons began with a single session I had with a muscle back. At that time, I knew I was not good enough to play these irons but the pure feel of the club always stood with me.

     You could take a v6 and add everything imaginable to make it feel like a v8, but you know with every mod that you cannot replicate the vibration, the feel. I eventually got my v8, as I am now moving on to these beautiful MC’s.

      I want to hear from some of you. I know I made the right choice. Even at the expense of losing a little distance, the confidence I feel when I strike these clubs is beyond words. It is like finally sleeping with the right woman. Your body has a way of synchronizing itself with what your head is already telling you. I mean, is there going back? Tell me why you fellas play MB’s, Cb’s, blade types, when there are various more forgiving options available?

In my experience and in theory, forgiveness is a carney sham(e).  A blade and MB design is superior to a "forgiving" design in all ways for all golfers of all skill levels.  Just about every supposed "forgiving feature" in a "forgiving" head design is based on a completely false assumption.  And the more "game improvement" the club, the worse it gets.  It's a carney sham(e).  Bank on it.

TEE CB4 10* Driver, Fujikura Speeder 652 R-flex
TEE CB2 13* 3w, 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 18* 5w, 21* 7w, 65g Fujikura Motore F1 R-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, Iomic Absolute X

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 farmer

farmer

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
  • Joined: 12/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2739

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

My barn clubs are a jumble, but I hit a lot of balls with '74 Hogan's, pre 1970 Haig's, a couple of Mizuno's and a G30 Ping.  My experience has been that a well struck shot feels good.  Cast, GI irons feel different than my old Haig's, but they feel good when I hit them good.  The danger with playing blade type irons is that if you do not have the chops, you will find yourself trying to steer the club, rather than just making your swing.  I usually stay out of these threads, but I absolutely endorse what Pine had to say.

21

#22 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 1547

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

View PostDeNinny, on 03 May 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

View PostIIvudooII, on 03 May 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

I am making the leap from very forgiving irons to the MIURA MC501’s. My fascination with forged, blade type irons began with a single session I had with a muscle back. At that time, I knew I was not good enough to play these irons but the pure feel of the club always stood with me.

You could take a v6 and add everything imaginable to make it feel like a v8, but you know with every mod that you cannot replicate the vibration, the feel. I eventually got my v8, as I am now moving on to these beautiful MC’s.

  I want to hear from some of you. I know I made the right choice. Even at the expense of losing a little distance, the confidence I feel when I strike these clubs is beyond words. It is like finally sleeping with the right woman. Your body has a way of synchronizing itself with what your head is already telling you. I mean, is there going back? Tell me why you fellas play MB’s, Cb’s, blade types, when there are various more forgiving options available?

In my experience and in theory, forgiveness is a carney sham(e).  A blade and MB design is superior to a "forgiving" design in all ways for all golfers of all skill levels.  Just about every supposed "forgiving feature" in a "forgiving" head design is based on a completely false assumption.  And the more "game improvement" the club, the worse it gets.  It's a carney sham(e).  Bank on it.

Realizing this will derail the thread, I have to ask...

"In theory, forgiveness is a carney sham."

What's your definition of "forgiveness?"

And what is this "false assumption" of which you speak?

If I'm going to "bank on it," I gotta know!

Edited by rawdog, 03 May 2018 - 11:22 AM.

Cobra F7 Driver
HZRDUS Yellow, 8.5* @44.5"

In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5"
3W = 15*
5W = 19*
7W = 23*

Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*
7I = 29*
8I = 34*
9I = 39*
PW = 44*
GW = 49*
SW = 54*
LW = 59*

Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"

Maxfli SoftFli

22

#23 Mikey5e

Mikey5e

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494264
  • Joined: 02/21/2018
  • Location:ohio
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:24 AM

Dear blades,
I thought I was skilled enough to use you, but that was just an ego slip. I now am having great success with my gi irons. Bye!

23

#24 DeNinny

DeNinny

    Major Wiener

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21391
  • Joined: 11/05/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 18545

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:28 AM

View Postrawdog, on 03 May 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

View PostDeNinny, on 03 May 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

View PostIIvudooII, on 03 May 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

I am making the leap from very forgiving irons to the MIURA MC501’s. My fascination with forged, blade type irons began with a single session I had with a muscle back. At that time, I knew I was not good enough to play these irons but the pure feel of the club always stood with me.

     You could take a v6 and add everything imaginable to make it feel like a v8, but you know with every mod that you cannot replicate the vibration, the feel. I eventually got my v8, as I am now moving on to these beautiful MC’s.

      I want to hear from some of you. I know I made the right choice. Even at the expense of losing a little distance, the confidence I feel when I strike these clubs is beyond words. It is like finally sleeping with the right woman. Your body has a way of synchronizing itself with what your head is already telling you. I mean, is there going back? Tell me why you fellas play MB’s, Cb’s, blade types, when there are various more forgiving options available?

In my experience and in theory, forgiveness is a carney sham(e).  A blade and MB design is superior to a "forgiving" design in all ways for all golfers of all skill levels.  Just about every supposed "forgiving feature" in a "forgiving" head design is based on a completely false assumption.  And the more "game improvement" the club, the worse it gets.  It's a carney sham(e).  Bank on it.

Realizing this will derail the thread, I have to ask...

"In theory, forgiveness is a carney sham."

What's your definition of "forgiveness?"

And what is this "false assumption" of which you speak?

If I'm going to "bank on it," I gotta know!

No problem.  Just give me some time.  LOL and get ready for a long post.
TEE CB4 10* Driver, Fujikura Speeder 652 R-flex
TEE CB2 13* 3w, 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 18* 5w, 21* 7w, 65g Fujikura Motore F1 R-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, Iomic Absolute X

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

24

#25 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 1547

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

View PostDeNinny, on 03 May 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 03 May 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

View PostDeNinny, on 03 May 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

View PostIIvudooII, on 03 May 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

I am making the leap from very forgiving irons to the MIURA MC501’s. My fascination with forged, blade type irons began with a single session I had with a muscle back. At that time, I knew I was not good enough to play these irons but the pure feel of the club always stood with me.

You could take a v6 and add everything imaginable to make it feel like a v8, but you know with every mod that you cannot replicate the vibration, the feel. I eventually got my v8, as I am now moving on to these beautiful MC’s.

  I want to hear from some of you. I know I made the right choice. Even at the expense of losing a little distance, the confidence I feel when I strike these clubs is beyond words. It is like finally sleeping with the right woman. Your body has a way of synchronizing itself with what your head is already telling you. I mean, is there going back? Tell me why you fellas play MB’s, Cb’s, blade types, when there are various more forgiving options available?

In my experience and in theory, forgiveness is a carney sham(e).  A blade and MB design is superior to a "forgiving" design in all ways for all golfers of all skill levels.  Just about every supposed "forgiving feature" in a "forgiving" head design is based on a completely false assumption.  And the more "game improvement" the club, the worse it gets.  It's a carney sham(e).  Bank on it.

Realizing this will derail the thread, I have to ask...

"In theory, forgiveness is a carney sham."

What's your definition of "forgiveness?"

And what is this "false assumption" of which you speak?

If I'm going to "bank on it," I gotta know!

No problem.  Just give me some time.  LOL and get ready for a long post.

All good. Take your time. All views are welcome, no matter how long they are...

Cobra F7 Driver
HZRDUS Yellow, 8.5* @44.5"

In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5"
3W = 15*
5W = 19*
7W = 23*

Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*
7I = 29*
8I = 34*
9I = 39*
PW = 44*
GW = 49*
SW = 54*
LW = 59*

Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"

Maxfli SoftFli

25

#26 justasgood

justasgood

    Without Tempo, you are just a hacker.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212517
  • Joined: 11/22/2012
  • Location:Covington country club, Mandeville Louisiana
  • Handicap:I.Q.
  • Ebay ID:klccsam
GolfWRX Likes : 1590

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

View PostSir Slicealot, on 03 May 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

View Postgators78, on 03 May 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

205 yard par 3 over water, here's a blade 4 iron and 10 balls, lets see whatcha got.
Can we!?! Can we!?! That's one of my favorite clubs! Is this going to be a 205 to the pin or a carry over water?
I am in on this as well. May be a Hard 5.

Edited by justasgood, 03 May 2018 - 11:50 AM.


26

#27 Nessism

Nessism

    To measure is to know...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
  • Joined: 06/23/2011
  • Location:Torrance, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 8080

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

View Postrawdog, on 03 May 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

View PostDeNinny, on 03 May 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 03 May 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

View PostDeNinny, on 03 May 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:


In my experience and in theory, forgiveness is a carney sham(e).  A blade and MB design is superior to a "forgiving" design in all ways for all golfers of all skill levels.  Just about every supposed "forgiving feature" in a "forgiving" head design is based on a completely false assumption.  And the more "game improvement" the club, the worse it gets.  It's a carney sham(e).  Bank on it.

Realizing this will derail the thread, I have to ask...

"In theory, forgiveness is a carney sham."

What's your definition of "forgiveness?"

And what is this "false assumption" of which you speak?

If I'm going to "bank on it," I gotta know!

No problem.  Just give me some time.  LOL and get ready for a long post.

All good. Take your time. All views are welcome, no matter how long they are...

You're taking the bait.  Hook, line, and sinker.  You may as well take your sand wedge and bang your head with it now to save time.

Edited by Nessism, 03 May 2018 - 01:07 PM.

Ping G400 driver w/Adila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
TEE XCG6 3 & 5 fairway woods & E8 hybrid
Mizuno Hot Metal irons w/Recoil 95's
Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110's
Ping Anser putter - the "real deal!"

27

#28 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 14857

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

View PostNRJyzr, on 03 May 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 03 May 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

youuu rannnggg!?




in other news im thinking of ordering a 4-7 hybrid , a 40 ft ball retriever and a pull cart... really close to giving up on life...lol

Trying to turn your game into anti-aircraft fire?  :)

Bring your flak jacket !!

View Postjustasgood, on 03 May 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

View PostSir Slicealot, on 03 May 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

View Postgators78, on 03 May 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

205 yard par 3 over water, here's a blade 4 iron and 10 balls, lets see whatcha got.
Can we!?! Can we!?! That's one of my favorite clubs! Is this going to be a 205 to the pin or a carry over water?
I am in on this as well. May be a Hard 5.

I started to ask what the wind was doing to make a club choice. But thought Better of it. Until I saw someone beat me to it.  Lol.

Edited by bladehunter, 03 May 2018 - 12:20 PM.

17 M1 8.7  Tour Issue Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Titleist 816H2 21 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Miura 1957 Small Blades 3-pw Modus 130X
Vokey  sm6   54M  300 series 59  Modus 125X
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights, vertical stamp face

28

#29 Sir Slicealot

Sir Slicealot

    Mr. MP-4

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433816
  • Joined: 07/23/2016
  • Location:Virginia
  • Handicap:Ha
GolfWRX Likes : 653

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

View Postjustasgood, on 03 May 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

View PostSir Slicealot, on 03 May 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

View Postgators78, on 03 May 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

205 yard par 3 over water, here's a blade 4 iron and 10 balls, lets see whatcha got.
Can we!?! Can we!?! That's one of my favorite clubs! Is this going to be a 205 to the pin or a carry over water?
I am in on this as well. May be a Hard 5.
That's what I'm thinking. That four onto the green just isn't going to stop as well as that five, but the man said, "here's a blade four iron and ten balls, let's see whatcha got." So you take five and I take five? Or you want me to enjoy all ten? I'm bringing my MP-4 DgS300. "Whatcha got?" Or is it a surprise supplied blade. Fair warning: If you bring an iblade, I'm throwing it and you in the water and saving the balls for when you try to come out.

Edited by Sir Slicealot, 03 May 2018 - 12:24 PM.

WITB:
XR 9Pro Speeder 665 Evolution II Tour Spec X-flex
MP-9 1 iron DG X100 15
RAM FX Tour Grind 1 iron Tempur Dynamic Tour Stiff 17
MP-4 3-PW DG S300
MD PM 56
MD PM 64
2014 8802
Out:
MP-29 1-2 DG S300
MD Forged 52
MD PM 60
Really Out:
GBB Mini 1.5 14 Speeder 565 S-flex
Tight Lies II 3+ 13.5

29

#30 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 14857

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

View PostMrJones, on 03 May 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

For whatever reason my brain is convinced I can strike the ball better with blades. I'll go to a forgiving iron for a while and then eye ball every blade iron I see till I can't stand it anymore.

I play better with them because I THINK I can play better with them.

If you think you can play better with them .... you can.  And if you think you cant.  You cant. Thats the absolute to this entire debate.

Edited by bladehunter, 03 May 2018 - 12:25 PM.

17 M1 8.7  Tour Issue Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Titleist 816H2 21 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Miura 1957 Small Blades 3-pw Modus 130X
Vokey  sm6   54M  300 series 59  Modus 125X
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights, vertical stamp face

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors