Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Garmin Z80 GPS/Laser Ranger Finder Hybrid - The official thread

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 golfnhack

golfnhack

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119615
GolfWRX Likes : 720

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

I mentioned the Z80 in another thread, but I thought it deserved its own dedicated thread.

The Z80 is a new Hybrid GPS Rand Finder. It has a hefty price tag of $599 MSRP. Release has been delayed till Jun 2018. It looks like it is going to be very cool. Unlike Bushnell's new Hybrid, it has slope as well as a color 2D overlay of every hole that shows distances to features.

Here is Golf Box's YouTube review

https://www.youtube....h?v=3urSQuVUq-E

Here is Garmin's official page

https://buy.garmin.c...-US/US/p/572178

My Bushnell is 9 years old and I was looking for a replacement. Bad new is I have to wait 2 months. Good news is I have 2 months to sell stuff on eBay to pay for it.

z80.png

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Nic1972

Nic1972

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350971
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

Very interesting! I need to replace my Bushnell and this could be the ideal device.

Edited by Nic1972, 01 May 2018 - 02:10 PM.

Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') /  Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21); Adams 9031 Pro (24) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Apparel: Nike
Glove: Nike Tour Classic
Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
Bag: Nike

#3 Kmac

Kmac

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

That is pretty cool. I might want one.

#4 golfnhack

golfnhack

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119615
GolfWRX Likes : 720

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

This would have been really handy this past weekend. Played a course for the first time in Houston called Eagle Pointe. Lots of dog legs and "where do I hit it" holes. A number of times I hit great drives only to find them through the fairway.
"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

#5 noodle3872

noodle3872

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:Noodle3872
GolfWRX Likes : 528

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:02 AM

I was looking at the Z80 and the new Bushnell Hybrid. I like the concept of the Z80; the hole overlay in the view finder of the Z80 was going to be a love/hate feature for me and since it's not available it was difficult to delay buying something since our season is nicely underway.  Went with the Hybrid since it is currently available. I regret to a small degree buying the Hybrid. I know it's going to be a good machine however part of me thinks I should have picked up a Garmin Approach G8 and called it a day.  Front, middle and back plus hazard yardages are enough for me.  I like seeing the hole layout too.  However for each argument I make for a GPS, I remind myself I seldom play a new course where seeing the hole layout is a benefit.  The GPS units pack a lot of tech and I'm not sure I would make use of all the features.  I've been using the Pinseeker 1500 since it was released and never felt I was missing out.  My gut is telling me I will end up with the Approach G8 too and make an informed decision after a series of rounds with both machines in use.  One will stay, the other will go and my pondering will cease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors