Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

ben hogan ft worth black irons


225 replies to this topic

#61 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Wish I could Putt...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:2.7
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 3610

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:52 AM

View PostHit, on 02 May 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 01 May 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:


They will be even easier to hit than the original Fort Worth’s.


I wonder if they plan to continue to sell the original if they really believe this to be true.  I imagine there are folks that do not want a black iron, but would prefer the improved Ft Worth iron.

It would certainly make sense when the “regular” FT worths get “refreshed” to make all the same changes. I would bet on it actually.

I know they were huge proponents of the individual “club in every loft” system, but it is WAAAAAY too hard to do in terms of manufacturing, inventory, and ordering.  Just give people the “mid- high” fairly traditional lofts and call it a day. 22,24,30,34,38,42,46 is what the predominant choice has been from the beginning.

Just go back to traditional numbers on the soles like on the blacks and call it a noble experiment that wasn’t so great in actual application.  I used to work in the club biz back in the 90’s and I don’t even want to think about having clubs in every loft.  Good lord.

I’m playing those exact lofts myself even though I actually bought the “low” set.  I bent all mine 2 degrees weak to 22-46. It’s essentially perfect traditional lofting in my opinion.  You won’t win any distance contests with a p790 or any other super jacked set, but that’s not the point of these irons.

9.5* Titleist 917 D3, KKDC 70 TX,  43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide2 46-12, 50-12,
SM6 56-14 F (at 55), SM6 60-08 at 61
all Wedges recoil Prototype 125 F5's
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Wish I could Putt...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:2.7
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 3610

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:06 AM

View Postgolfnhack, on 01 May 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Nice looking... I hope you are a great ball striker. The Ft Worth irons are the lowest scoring irons ever on the MPF (Maltby Playability Factor) with a score of 90!!!! To put in perspective, typical blade MPF is somewhere between 350 and 450 and GI irons are 650+.


This is one of the strangest most nonsensical things I’ve ever seen.  I’ve hit all sorts of blades and virtually every modern “players game improvement” iron available for the last 4 years since I got back into Golf again after a break.

I will swear to Everyone on this board, that they are NOT a difficult unforgiving club.  They are perhaps the most forgiving, easiest to to hit, friendliest “blade” style club that  I’ve ever hit.  That depression cavity isn’t just for styling purposes.  It really works.  As I said before, there is some significant perimeter weighting going on in them.  They aren’t tiny heads.  There is a touch of offset.  They really should be tried before anyone thinks that Maltby rating has any basis in reality.

Seriously.  Spend $20 and try two demo clubs at your favorite range for two weeks.  Even take them out on the course and compare them with your existing irons.

I know I’m starting to sound like a spokesman or something for Hogan.  I’m not. Just a big fan.  They really are a great club at a great value.  I seriously wonder why they aren’t more popular on a site like this.  I know they really need more shaft options, but the heads are first rate and if you can reshaft yourself they are still a great deal.


9.5* Titleist 917 D3, KKDC 70 TX,  43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide2 46-12, 50-12,
SM6 56-14 F (at 55), SM6 60-08 at 61
all Wedges recoil Prototype 125 F5's
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

2

#63 Gnomesteel

Gnomesteel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302171
  • Joined: 03/17/2014
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:1.3
GolfWRX Likes : 442

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 02 May 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

View Postgolfnhack, on 01 May 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Nice looking... I hope you are a great ball striker. The Ft Worth irons are the lowest scoring irons ever on the MPF (Maltby Playability Factor) with a score of 90!!!! To put in perspective, typical blade MPF is somewhere between 350 and 450 and GI irons are 650+.


This is one of the strangest most nonsensical things I’ve ever seen.  I’ve hit all sorts of blades and virtually every modern “players game improvement” iron available for the last 4 years since I got back into Golf again after a break.

I will swear to Everyone on this board, that they are NOT a difficult unforgiving club.  They are perhaps the most forgiving, easiest to to hit, friendliest “blade” style club that  I’ve ever hit.  That depression cavity isn’t just for styling purposes.  It really works.  As I said before, there is some significant perimeter weighting going on in them.  They aren’t tiny heads.  There is a touch of offset.  They really should be tried before anyone thinks that Maltby rating has any basis in reality.

Seriously.  Spend $20 and try two demo clubs at your favorite range for two weeks.  Even take them out on the course and compare them with your existing irons.

I know I’m starting to sound like a spokesman or something for Hogan.  I’m not. Just a big fan.  They really are a great club at a great value.  I seriously wonder why they aren’t more popular on a site like this.  I know they really need more shaft options, but the heads are first rate and if you can reshaft yourself they are still a great deal.

Depends on the player/person. I've hit the FTW15 and even gamed the PTx for a while. Neither felt good to me. Have Bridgestone CBs in the bag now and the feel is 10x better.

3

#64 BlackM00Nlight

BlackM00Nlight

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 422626
  • Joined: 04/26/2016
  • Location:Iowa
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 1108

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

Waiting for stiff recoil FT worths to be in stock to demo. If I can swing those, then the blacks in recoil F4 will be had.
Mizuno JPX 900 Driver Speeder Evolution II 661X
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood Speeder Evolution II 661X
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-P wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
Nike Engage Square Sole 52 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3up)
Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3up)

Nike Origin B1-01 35" putter
Nike RZN Tour Black
Nike TW 71 White/Pure Platinum
Nike TW 71 Wolf Grey/University Red
Nike TW 15 Black/University Red
Nike Lunar Vapor Storm Black/Solar Red
Nike Performance Cart IV Black/Silver
Nike Vapor Fly Umbrella
Bag Boy Tri-Swivel II Push-Cart Black

4

#65 PopIt&DropIt

PopIt&DropIt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491086
  • Joined: 01/16/2018
  • Location:La La Land
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 02 May 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

View Postgolfnhack, on 01 May 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Nice looking... I hope you are a great ball striker. The Ft Worth irons are the lowest scoring irons ever on the MPF (Maltby Playability Factor) with a score of 90!!!! To put in perspective, typical blade MPF is somewhere between 350 and 450 and GI irons are 650+.


This is one of the strangest most nonsensical things Iíve ever seen.  Iíve hit all sorts of blades and virtually every modern ďplayers game improvementĒ iron available for the last 4 years since I got back into Golf again after a break.

I will swear to Everyone on this board, that they are NOT a difficult unforgiving club.  They are perhaps the most forgiving, easiest to to hit, friendliest ďbladeĒ style club that  Iíve ever hit.  That depression cavity isnít just for styling purposes.  It really works.  As I said before, there is some significant perimeter weighting going on in them.  They arenít tiny heads.  There is a touch of offset.  They really should be tried before anyone thinks that Maltby rating has any basis in reality.

Seriously.  Spend $20 and try two demo clubs at your favorite range for two weeks.  Even take them out on the course and compare them with your existing irons.

I know Iím starting to sound like a spokesman or something for Hogan.  Iím not. Just a big fan.  They really are a great club at a great value.  I seriously wonder why they arenít more popular on a site like this.  I know they really need more shaft options, but the heads are first rate and if you can reshaft yourself they are still a great deal.

Couldn't agree more. They are without question the most forgiving blades on the market, to the point I actually think of them as more of a players cavity iron.  I never put much stock into the MPF but after learning these very forgiving blades were at the bottom of the list I stopped paying attention entirely. Not everyone needs help getting the ball airborne!


5

#66 Hakko

Hakko

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142691
  • Joined: 10/15/2011
  • Location:NC Triangle
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 529

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:14 AM

Anyone know if BHG plans to put these into their demo program any time soon?
Taylormade M1 460, 9.5º Kuro Kage S
Taylormade M1 15º, Matrix Black Tie S
Titleist 910h 19º, Diamana Kai'li S
Royal Collection BBD VS, Shimada S
Seemore Z2, 36"
Ben Hogan  51º, 55º, 59º, Nippon NS 950

6

#67 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Wish I could Putt...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:2.7
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 3610

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:20 AM

View PostHakko, on 03 May 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Anyone know if BHG plans to put these into their demo program any time soon?
on instagram they said “in a few weeks”.  That was a couple days ago.
9.5* Titleist 917 D3, KKDC 70 TX,  43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide2 46-12, 50-12,
SM6 56-14 F (at 55), SM6 60-08 at 61
all Wedges recoil Prototype 125 F5's
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

7

#68 jonn443

jonn443

    Jonnystx

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
  • Joined: 03/16/2010
  • Location:CT
GolfWRX Likes : 892

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

$700 for beautiful high quality forged irons like these is a STEAL.

Mizzy MP-18,TM 730, and 718s would be over $1000.
AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

8

#69 BlackM00Nlight

BlackM00Nlight

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 422626
  • Joined: 04/26/2016
  • Location:Iowa
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 1108

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

Just hit MP-18 4 iton to test my blade ability- pleasantly surprised. Best hits were dead straight carry 210 and went 225 off the mat. I think I might just pull the trigger without waiting for the demo program.
Mizuno JPX 900 Driver Speeder Evolution II 661X
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood Speeder Evolution II 661X
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-P wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
Nike Engage Square Sole 52 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3up)
Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3up)

Nike Origin B1-01 35" putter
Nike RZN Tour Black
Nike TW 71 White/Pure Platinum
Nike TW 71 Wolf Grey/University Red
Nike TW 15 Black/University Red
Nike Lunar Vapor Storm Black/Solar Red
Nike Performance Cart IV Black/Silver
Nike Vapor Fly Umbrella
Bag Boy Tri-Swivel II Push-Cart Black

9

#70 xxio

xxio

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 541
  • Joined: 05/06/2005
  • Location:Cebu, Philippines
GolfWRX Likes : 434

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

Are the Recoils they come with taper?
Also is it possible to order them softstepped?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 mah2010

mah2010

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299963
  • Joined: 03/04/2014
  • Location:Sexsmith AB
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:mhowrish13
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:12 PM

Is there an option for different shafts even if it means an up charge?

11

#72 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Wish I could Putt...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:2.7
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 3610

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

View Postmah2010, on 05 May 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Is there an option for different shafts even if it means an up charge?

So far no.  Just what’s listed on their website order page. It’s a terrible mistake that’s costing them a lot of sales.

Email them and b**** about it.  I’ve Instagramed them and emailed their custom service multiple times about it.

I happen to love my Tour V 120x, but there really should be more choices. Absolutely  At least the full range or KBS and UST recoils.
9.5* Titleist 917 D3, KKDC 70 TX,  43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide2 46-12, 50-12,
SM6 56-14 F (at 55), SM6 60-08 at 61
all Wedges recoil Prototype 125 F5's
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

12

#73 Jbar

Jbar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97176
  • Joined: 10/23/2009
  • Location:Austin, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:04 PM

Perfect combo with my black VR wedges and Ft. Worth Black irons until the Equalizer available for demo or black version :)
IMG_1525546579.917047.jpg

13

#74 mah2010

mah2010

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299963
  • Joined: 03/04/2014
  • Location:Sexsmith AB
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:mhowrish13
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:32 PM



View PostJagpilotohio, on 05 May 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

View Postmah2010, on 05 May 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Is there an option for different shafts even if it means an up charge?

So far no.  Just what’s listed on their website order page. It’s a terrible mistake that’s costing them a lot of sales.

Email them and b**** about it.  I’ve Instagramed them and emailed their custom service multiple times about it.

I happen to love my Tour V 120x, but there really should be more choices. Absolutely  At least the full range or KBS and UST recoils.

That is too bad, hopefully they change that in the near future.

14

#75 jonn443

jonn443

    Jonnystx

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
  • Joined: 03/16/2010
  • Location:CT
GolfWRX Likes : 892

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:57 PM

View PostJbar, on 05 May 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Perfect combo with my black VR wedges and Ft. Worth Black irons until the Equalizer available for demo or black version :)
Attachment IMG_1525546579.917047.jpg

The original Black Nike VR Red wedges? ??!

If so,  those were the highest spinning wedge EVER created.  Even slightly higher then the original X-Forged MD wedges (Which I still have in the bag in the Tour Finish).

*I still have a mint condition VR Red 60* as which I take out every so often....BEAST of a wedge.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

15

#76 Jbar

Jbar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97176
  • Joined: 10/23/2009
  • Location:Austin, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:27 PM

Quote

The original Black Nike VR Red wedges? ??!

If so,  those were the highest spinning wedge EVER created.  Even slightly higher then the original X-Forged MD wedges (Which I still have in the bag in the Tour Finish).

*I still have a mint condition VR Red 60* as which I take out every so often....BEAST of a wedge.

Yes, took them out of my backup bag after a long break using diff clubs in lighter weights. Now back to heavier shafts to improve distance control. I'm good with accuracy but inconsistency with tempo until a good demo experience of PTx irons. I'm going for Ft. Worth Black but disappointed with limited shaft options.

Btw, I'm using PM 64 MD3 along with 52/58 VR Black in my bag :)

16

#77 JDollplaysgolf

JDollplaysgolf

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459014
  • Joined: 03/14/2017
  • Location:PVB
  • Handicap:1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

These irons are some of the best I've ever hit, right now I have iBlades that I bought off of a guy here in the BST forum and now I may have to snag a set with the black finish and the price... Any suggestions on what to do?
Driver: Ping G400 LST 7.9*  Project X Hzrdus Black 65 6.5 flex
3 wood: Cobra F6 Blue 13.5*  Aldila Tour Green 75 Tour X Flex
Driving Iron: Adams Pro DHY 18*  Aldila Tour Green 105 Hybrid Tour X Flex
Irons: Ping iBlade (3-PW) Yellow Dot, +1/2 inch  Dynamic Gold X100
Wedges: Callaway MD Forged Chrome 50* 54* 58*  Dynamic Golf S200 Tour Issue
Putter: Odyssey Marksman XG Black
Ball: Snell MTB Red

17

#78 KCCO

KCCO

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138532
  • Joined: 09/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 593

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

Had a regular set at shop, not only play well....but thought having loft on sole was a nice aesthetic touch...not that it’s a big concern, do they hold their value? Or should maybe say desirable/hard to find in used market? Also does company have any type of product cycle? Or just whenever they drop something, that’s it. No schedule. As I remember these in chrome maybe 3 seasons ago unless they have been changed a little. Thanks for any info
Titleist 917 D3   Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2   Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2   Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58    MCI-100 black
009 ProV1


18

#79 mizunoMP14

mizunoMP14

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 265786
  • Joined: 07/23/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

So there are no other shaft options? All I want is dynamic golds
917 D3 10.5*
M2 3HL 16.5* UST Chrome
816 H2 21* DI 105
Mizuno MP-4  4-PW Fuji Pro 115
50* Vokey SM6 Fuji Pro 115
56* 60* Vokey SM6 Dynamic Gold
SeeMore PTM1

19

#80 jonn443

jonn443

    Jonnystx

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
  • Joined: 03/16/2010
  • Location:CT
GolfWRX Likes : 892

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:09 PM

View PostJDollplaysgolf, on 06 May 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

These irons are some of the best I've ever hit, right now I have iBlades that I bought off of a guy here in the BST forum and now I may have to snag a set with the black finish and the price... Any suggestions on what to do?

Sure...Buy them, take glory pics, post them here, and sell the Iblades.

Any questions...

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 dmeeksDC

dmeeksDC

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431476
  • Joined: 07/04/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:dmeeks2010
GolfWRX Likes : 602

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:46 PM

What I want to know is whether we have a candidate to compare Ft Worth Blacks to the previous generation in regards to forgiveness. Are they in fact a tad more playable?

Loved the look when they first came out did the two-club demo. They are just SO compact. I had a hard time imagining I would be confident beyond a wedge and 9 iron. The original TK wedges, to me, are excellent. Hit any shot around the green or from any lie.

Not sure about the Equalizer yet but like how it looks.
Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
Callaway XHot2 Pro 3 wood, 15 degrees, Aldila Tour Green stiff shaft
Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
Titleist 816 H1 hybrid, 19 degree set to 20, Diamana Blue 60S shaft

Miura CB57 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125 stiff shafts, soft-stepped
Ping i200, 4-PW, power spec lofts, Dynamic Gold 120 stiff shafts
Mizuno S5 50-degree gap wedge, Nippon 1150 stiff shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Raw, 58-degree wedge, X grind, DG S200 shaft
Edel Rogue putter (thick blade), 34 inch, 71 degree lie, 2 degrees loft, 100-gram round Pure grip
Argolf Avalon (small, semi-circle mallet) 34 inch, 71 degree lie, 2 degrees loft, 100-gram round Pure grip.

21

#82 PopIt&DropIt

PopIt&DropIt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491086
  • Joined: 01/16/2018
  • Location:La La Land
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:06 AM

View PostKCCO, on 06 May 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

Had a regular set at shop, not only play well....but thought having loft on sole was a nice aesthetic touch...not that itís a big concern, do they hold their value? Or should maybe say desirable/hard to find in used market? Also does company have any type of product cycle? Or just whenever they drop something, thatís it. No schedule. As I remember these in chrome maybe 3 seasons ago unless they have been changed a little. Thanks for any info

They dont seem to be on any kind of consistent release cycle but that is largely due to going bankrupt and starting over last year with this dealer direct version of the company.  I wouldn't expect a yearly cycle but I'm guessing we will see 2 years or something somewhat consistent in that range when they settle into things.  

You don't seem to find many on the used market so hard to say about resale value. They are a smaller company so less people have them and if they love them even half as much as I love mine most people wouldn't be interested in selling them. I saw a used set in what I could call 7/10 condition go for $450 in a local golf store which I thought was really good for a $665 set but I doubt that is the norm.

22

#83 PopIt&DropIt

PopIt&DropIt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491086
  • Joined: 01/16/2018
  • Location:La La Land
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:10 AM

View PostdmeeksDC, on 06 May 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

What I want to know is whether we have a candidate to compare Ft Worth Blacks to the previous generation in regards to forgiveness. Are they in fact a tad more playable?

Loved the look when they first came out did the two-club demo. They are just SO compact. I had a hard time imagining I would be confident beyond a wedge and 9 iron. The original TK wedges, to me, are excellent. Hit any shot around the green or from any lie.

Not sure about the Equalizer yet but like how it looks.

I will have a set in my hands tomorrow and intend to compare the best I can. With that said I may not be able to help you as I consider the ft worth 15s to be the most forgiving blade style iron on the market. I'm personally not expecting a lot of difference with the minimal vsole change and the slight weighting change to offer a more penetrating flight.  I'm guessing they will play very similar other than looking quite different visually.  If I find them more forgiving I will make sure to post it here and let you know.

23

#84 Jbar

Jbar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97176
  • Joined: 10/23/2009
  • Location:Austin, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:58 AM

Quote

I will have a set in my hands tomorrow and intend to compare the best I can. With that said I may not be able to help you as I consider the ft worth 15s to be the most forgiving blade style iron on the market. I'm personally not expecting a lot of difference with the minimal vsole change and the slight weighting change to offer a more penetrating flight.  I'm guessing they will play very similar other than looking quite different visually.  If I find them more forgiving I will make sure to post it here and let you know.

How long ago did you order the Black set?

24

#85 PopIt&DropIt

PopIt&DropIt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491086
  • Joined: 01/16/2018
  • Location:La La Land
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

View PostJbar, on 07 May 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Quote

I will have a set in my hands tomorrow and intend to compare the best I can. With that said I may not be able to help you as I consider the ft worth 15s to be the most forgiving blade style iron on the market. I'm personally not expecting a lot of difference with the minimal vsole change and the slight weighting change to offer a more penetrating flight.  I'm guessing they will play very similar other than looking quite different visually.  If I find them more forgiving I will make sure to post it here and let you know.

How long ago did you order the Black set?

I don't work for them nor am I staffed by them but I did win a couple small mini tour events shortly after putting the Ft Worth 15s in play which are their only pro wins to date as far as I know. I've needed a couple above and beyond customer service things from them and they have always been very accommodating and worked hard to get me what I needed so I have a solid relationship with them. I had already had my whole bag set in place (I dont like changing at all, let alone mid season) ready to go for the start of my tournament season coming up soon when they released the Ft Worth Black teasers. I really wanted to test them out before my first event and they really moved things around to help me get them ASAP. So mine are actually the first set ever built which is why I'm getting them so early.  If you ordered them yours should only be a week or two behind according to what I was told. I just couldn't wait that week or two. Their customer service is truly top notch!

Edited by PopIt&DropIt, 07 May 2018 - 08:50 AM.


25

#86 jonn443

jonn443

    Jonnystx

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
  • Joined: 03/16/2010
  • Location:CT
GolfWRX Likes : 892

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 07 May 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

View PostJbar, on 07 May 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Quote

I will have a set in my hands tomorrow and intend to compare the best I can. With that said I may not be able to help you as I consider the ft worth 15s to be the most forgiving blade style iron on the market. I'm personally not expecting a lot of difference with the minimal vsole change and the slight weighting change to offer a more penetrating flight.  I'm guessing they will play very similar other than looking quite different visually.  If I find them more forgiving I will make sure to post it here and let you know.

How long ago did you order the Black set?

I don't work for them nor am I staffed by them but I did win a couple small mini tour events shortly after putting the Ft Worth 15s in play which are their only pro wins to date as far as I know. I've needed a couple above and beyond customer service things from them and they have always been very accommodating and worked hard to get me what I needed so I have a solid relationship with them. I had already had my whole bag set in place (I dont like changing at all, let alone mid season) ready to go for the start of my tournament season coming up soon when they released the Ft Worth Black teasers. I really wanted to test them out before my first event and they really moved things around to help me get them ASAP. So mine are actually the first set ever built which is why I'm getting them so early.  If you ordered them yours should only be a week or two behind according to what I was told. I just couldn't wait that week or two. Their customer service is truly top notch!

FIRST SET ever built?....🤔
AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

26

#87 PopIt&DropIt

PopIt&DropIt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491086
  • Joined: 01/16/2018
  • Location:La La Land
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

View Postjonn443, on 07 May 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 07 May 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

View PostJbar, on 07 May 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Quote

I will have a set in my hands tomorrow and intend to compare the best I can. With that said I may not be able to help you as I consider the ft worth 15s to be the most forgiving blade style iron on the market. I'm personally not expecting a lot of difference with the minimal vsole change and the slight weighting change to offer a more penetrating flight.  I'm guessing they will play very similar other than looking quite different visually.  If I find them more forgiving I will make sure to post it here and let you know.

How long ago did you order the Black set?

I don't work for them nor am I staffed by them but I did win a couple small mini tour events shortly after putting the Ft Worth 15s in play which are their only pro wins to date as far as I know. I've needed a couple above and beyond customer service things from them and they have always been very accommodating and worked hard to get me what I needed so I have a solid relationship with them. I had already had my whole bag set in place (I dont like changing at all, let alone mid season) ready to go for the start of my tournament season coming up soon when they released the Ft Worth Black teasers. I really wanted to test them out before my first event and they really moved things around to help me get them ASAP. So mine are actually the first set ever built which is why I'm getting them so early.  If you ordered them yours should only be a week or two behind according to what I was told. I just couldn't wait that week or two. Their customer service is truly top notch!

FIRST SET ever built?....🤔

Haha if you are questioning my saying that you are questioning them saying it. I was told by them directly it is the first set and mine is being built ahead of the set for their lead builder who usually gets the first set.  I have absolutely no issues with you not believing it nor do I care if it is in fact the first set.  Just relaying what I was told and expressing appreciation for their jumping through some hoops to make that happen for me. They really did not have to do it at all but they understood my time sensitive situation, showed some compassion,and went above and beyond to make it happen. That's not something I will forget!

27

#88 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1499

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 07 May 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

View Postjonn443, on 07 May 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 07 May 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

View PostJbar, on 07 May 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Quote

I will have a set in my hands tomorrow and intend to compare the best I can. With that said I may not be able to help you as I consider the ft worth 15s to be the most forgiving blade style iron on the market. I'm personally not expecting a lot of difference with the minimal vsole change and the slight weighting change to offer a more penetrating flight.  I'm guessing they will play very similar other than looking quite different visually.  If I find them more forgiving I will make sure to post it here and let you know.

How long ago did you order the Black set?

I don't work for them nor am I staffed by them but I did win a couple small mini tour events shortly after putting the Ft Worth 15s in play which are their only pro wins to date as far as I know. I've needed a couple above and beyond customer service things from them and they have always been very accommodating and worked hard to get me what I needed so I have a solid relationship with them. I had already had my whole bag set in place (I dont like changing at all, let alone mid season) ready to go for the start of my tournament season coming up soon when they released the Ft Worth Black teasers. I really wanted to test them out before my first event and they really moved things around to help me get them ASAP. So mine are actually the first set ever built which is why I'm getting them so early.  If you ordered them yours should only be a week or two behind according to what I was told. I just couldn't wait that week or two. Their customer service is truly top notch!

FIRST SET ever built?....��

Haha if you are questioning my saying that you are questioning them saying it. I was told by them directly it is the first set and mine is being built ahead of the set for their lead builder who usually gets the first set.  I have absolutely no issues with you not believing it nor do I care if it is in fact the first set.  Just relaying what I was told and expressing appreciation for their jumping through some hoops to make that happen for me. They really did not have to do it at all but they understood my time sensitive situation, showed some compassion,and went above and beyond to make it happen. That's not something I will forget!

The doubters, and haters show up in force at times. like you said, if it was the first set or not really doesnt matter sounds like great customer service to me.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

28

#89 knockdownnine

knockdownnine

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 495590
  • Joined: 03/06/2018
  • Location:Collierville
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:38 PM

Is the black available in the Ft worth Hi as well?

29

#90 BlackM00Nlight

BlackM00Nlight

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 422626
  • Joined: 04/26/2016
  • Location:Iowa
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 1108

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

No. Just the ft worth as of now

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver Speeder Evolution II 661X
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood Speeder Evolution II 661X
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-P wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
Nike Engage Square Sole 52 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3up)
Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3up)

Nike Origin B1-01 35" putter
Nike RZN Tour Black
Nike TW 71 White/Pure Platinum
Nike TW 71 Wolf Grey/University Red
Nike TW 15 Black/University Red
Nike Lunar Vapor Storm Black/Solar Red
Nike Performance Cart IV Black/Silver
Nike Vapor Fly Umbrella
Bag Boy Tri-Swivel II Push-Cart Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users


    SilenceX

GolfWRX Sponsors