Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Culling the herd - Still have too many clubs

persimmon clubs vintage wilson ping

39 replies to this topic

#1 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

    Tommy Armour

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469404
  • Joined: 05/28/2017
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 800

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

So this past weekend I culled the herd a bit and took about 50 clubs I collected last year to the local thrift. After doing so, I can still outfit two foursomes, 6 with vintage, one with a modern set, and one hickory (me, of course). All of the clubs were acquired between fall of 2016 & fall of 2017 when the sickness really took hold. I had no idea I acquired so many clubs...

This year's experiment is to play only with vintage clubs, and to try to whittle the herd down by half again at the end of the season. My plan is to put the modern set into mothballs for my retirement years, which are still about 7-10 years away. That leaves 3 sets of vintage Wilson clubs to decide between. Keeping the Pings for my son, and the Hickories for my own fun. The rest of the various clubs and spare woods might just go into storage too.

It will be interesting to see if a favorite set emerges and what it looks like. I am going to try to be as impartial as possible, and quarantine any misbehaving clubs so they do not infect the others. Also looking for ideas on how to pass along the clubs I no longer want to someone who will use them. Maybe gifting them to a couple of golfing buddies would be a good idea. Some are so nice I hate to part with them. But eventually I will have to when we downsize, so I need to get busy.

League starts tomorrow, but not really. Still too much snow on the course, it will be cancelled. It's a new league for me, so showing up with 1960's clubs ought to be interesting. I'm only carrying 9 clubs in a vintage bag, pulled on a vintage cart. Might throw in a spare driver just in case someone wants to give it a whack.

This season is going to be fun! And Wisconsin Golfers: Anyone interested in a meet up again this year? Let me know!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Jiggered

Jiggered

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 454866
  • Joined: 02/11/2017
  • Location:Midlands UK
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 498

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

Nice one Dcohenour.

I've followed a similar route and am also playing only vintage or hickory this year, almost all of my iron sets were ebay buys within the last 12 months, about 20 of them, and I'll be switching them around through the year. To go with these I've a mixed bag of woods, mostly laminates with a few persimmons thrown in.

Sure, some will play better than others but my golfing mantra is "it's not all about the score" and as long as I get enjoyment from playing them I'll continue.

Most of mine are by UK manufacturers so not readily recognised as classics but I fear that loads of these are being dumped now so I'm also doing my bit to keep the names alive.

2

#3 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

    Tommy Armour

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469404
  • Joined: 05/28/2017
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 800

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:18 AM

Jiggered: Good on you! Last summer the best experience I had was showing a couple of kids and their dad what a 100 year old club looked like as we crossed paths on one of the tee boxes at the local par three.

I like your attitude to the game, and concur. One thing that would help the vintage game grow (I think) would be to emphasize the enjoyment that comes from playing traditional courses with the clubs they were designed for. Most of the modern courses (around here at least) are designed for the bomb & gouge game. I like playing the older courses that reward a lower trajectory, more accurate shot, and were designed in the first half of the 20th century. Having a few extra clubs in the bag for folks to try out might be a way to facilitate that.

For me, it's not just about saving money on equipment or doing nostalgia per se, but about fitting a course and a round to my skill level and enjoying the day with like minded friends. I think that's what we all got out of our outings in Wisconsin last year. Hopefully we'll be able to continue that and it will grow.

3

#4 rwc356

rwc356

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29907
  • Joined: 05/27/2007
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

Well seems this club illness has also worked its way south into Chicago.

Doing some Spring cleaning in the apartment and I forced myself to total up the clubs.  Seems I have 4 full sets of hickories and 3 sets of vintage clubs. Then I can add up another 10-12 odd clubs that I just couldn't live without at the time. Thankfully I had sold off the modern clubs before we moved into the city. If this trend of club acquisition virus continues it may be time to call in the CDC for help (or an "intervention").

My thought for this season (assuming it ever warms up for more than 2 days in a row) is to alternate rounds between hickory and vintage. Hopefully I can get up to Lawsonia in September and catch another few hickory events this summer.
Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

4

#5 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

    Tommy Armour

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469404
  • Joined: 05/28/2017
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 800

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

View Postrwc356, on 25 April 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Well seems this club illness has also worked its way south into Chicago.

Doing some Spring cleaning in the apartment and I forced myself to total up the clubs.  Seems I have 4 full sets of hickories and 3 sets of vintage clubs. Then I can add up another 10-12 odd clubs that I just couldn't live without at the time. Thankfully I had sold off the modern clubs before we moved into the city. If this trend of club acquisition virus continues it may be time to call in the CDC for help (or an "intervention").

My thought for this season (assuming it ever warms up for more than 2 days in a row) is to alternate rounds between hickory and vintage. Hopefully I can get up to Lawsonia in September and catch another few hickory events this summer.
There was some talk last year of an outing in Northern Illinois. Would that interest you?


5

#6 rwc356

rwc356

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29907
  • Joined: 05/27/2007
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

View PostDcohenour, on 25 April 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

View Postrwc356, on 25 April 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Well seems this club illness has also worked its way south into Chicago.

Doing some Spring cleaning in the apartment and I forced myself to total up the clubs.  Seems I have 4 full sets of hickories and 3 sets of vintage clubs. Then I can add up another 10-12 odd clubs that I just couldn't live without at the time. Thankfully I had sold off the modern clubs before we moved into the city. If this trend of club acquisition virus continues it may be time to call in the CDC for help (or an "intervention").

My thought for this season (assuming it ever warms up for more than 2 days in a row) is to alternate rounds between hickory and vintage. Hopefully I can get up to Lawsonia in September and catch another few hickory events this summer.
There was some talk last year of an outing in Northern Illinois. Would that interest you?

Northern Illinois would be great. Not a gutty guy so that cuts down the number of Wisconsin events for me although did play several years at Whistling Straits and played with the group at Erin Hills - what a hoot that was.
Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

6

#7 Blade Junkie

Blade Junkie

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132346
  • Joined: 07/05/2011
  • Location:South Coast, UK
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2361

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:57 AM

I've sold 399 clubs in the last three years, and am now down to my last 987 ....  sickness ? what sickness ? :)
"Don't play too much golf ... two rounds a day are plenty"

Harry Vardon (1870-1937)

7

#8 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

    Tommy Armour

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469404
  • Joined: 05/28/2017
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 800

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:17 AM

View PostBlade Junkie, on 27 April 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

I've sold 399 clubs in the last three years, and am now down to my last 987 ....  sickness ? what sickness ? :)
:cheesy:

8

#9 Ironmaster Oddities

Ironmaster Oddities

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116695
  • Joined: 10/26/2010
  • Location:The Heartland
  • Ebay ID:elkhartmarbles
GolfWRX Likes : 672

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

View PostDcohenour, on 27 April 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

View PostBlade Junkie, on 27 April 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

I've sold 399 clubs in the last three years, and am now down to my last 987 ....  sickness ? what sickness ? :)
:cheesy:
would that  I had only 897 clubs left in my clubs stash, exclusive of my collection.

9

#10 birly-shirly

birly-shirly

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62323
  • Joined: 08/04/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2433

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:07 PM

View PostBlade Junkie, on 27 April 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

I've sold 399 clubs in the last three years, and am now down to my last 987 ....  sickness ? what sickness ? :)

Knowing that you have precisely 987 clubs, thatís a sickness. I have... one set and (ahem) a few spares


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 rwc356

rwc356

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29907
  • Joined: 05/27/2007
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

View Postbirly-shirly, on 10 May 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

View PostBlade Junkie, on 27 April 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

I've sold 399 clubs in the last three years, and am now down to my last 987 ....  sickness ? what sickness ? :)

Knowing that you have precisely 987 clubs, that's a sickness. I have... one set and (ahem) a few spares

My problem is that my "spares" seem to birthing spares of their own...... every time I start culling I seem to find a few new clubs I don't recall how, when, why I have them.
Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

11

#12 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 27846

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

View PostDcohenour, on 25 April 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

Jiggered: Good on you! Last summer the best experience I had was showing a couple of kids and their dad what a 100 year old club looked like as we crossed paths on one of the tee boxes at the local par three.

I like your attitude to the game, and concur. One thing that would help the vintage game grow (I think) would be to emphasize the enjoyment that comes from playing traditional courses with the clubs they were designed for. Most of the modern courses (around here at least) are designed for the bomb & gouge game. I like playing the older courses that reward a lower trajectory, more accurate shot, and were designed in the first half of the 20th century. Having a few extra clubs in the bag for folks to try out might be a way to facilitate that.

For me, it's not just about saving money on equipment or doing nostalgia per se, but about fitting a course and a round to my skill level and enjoying the day with like minded friends. I think that's what we all got out of our outings in Wisconsin last year. Hopefully we'll be able to continue that and it will grow.
Agree with you about growing the vintage game. Around here there is absolutely no interest. The retirees just do their thing and state they could not hit blades 30 years ago. The Tourist golfers with their prim and proper and latest and greatest are horrified as to "how in the hell can you hit that ancient rusty stuff" or I also hear if you had a set of new insert name clubs you could really play. Folks around here just don't get it. And yes around here I have to pick my courses to play vintage equipment. I still do ok on just about any course with the vintage irons as long as I "cheat" and carry my modern driver 3 wood and gasp hybrid.
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 11 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

12

#13 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

    Tommy Armour

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469404
  • Joined: 05/28/2017
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 800

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

View PostBIG STU, on 16 May 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostDcohenour, on 25 April 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

Jiggered: Good on you! Last summer the best experience I had was showing a couple of kids and their dad what a 100 year old club looked like as we crossed paths on one of the tee boxes at the local par three.

I like your attitude to the game, and concur. One thing that would help the vintage game grow (I think) would be to emphasize the enjoyment that comes from playing traditional courses with the clubs they were designed for. Most of the modern courses (around here at least) are designed for the bomb & gouge game. I like playing the older courses that reward a lower trajectory, more accurate shot, and were designed in the first half of the 20th century. Having a few extra clubs in the bag for folks to try out might be a way to facilitate that.

For me, it's not just about saving money on equipment or doing nostalgia per se, but about fitting a course and a round to my skill level and enjoying the day with like minded friends. I think that's what we all got out of our outings in Wisconsin last year. Hopefully we'll be able to continue that and it will grow.
Agree with you about growing the vintage game. Around here there is absolutely no interest. The retirees just do their thing and state they could not hit blades 30 years ago. The Tourist golfers with their prim and proper and latest and greatest are horrified as to "how in the hell can you hit that ancient rusty stuff" or I also hear if you had a set of new insert name clubs you could really play. Folks around here just don't get it. And yes around here I have to pick my courses to play vintage equipment. I still do ok on just about any course with the vintage irons as long as I "cheat" and carry my modern driver 3 wood and gasp hybrid.

I guess I am technically cheating by carrying the Louisville Golf Smart Driver with the graphite shaft. I would like to carry a hybrid too, but am going to try my 4 wood for that purpose. There is this TaylorMade 19 degree teensy metal wood that works well out of the rough. I think it was a fore runner to the modern hybrid. That might sneak into the bag when I am not looking. Earlier this year I picked up an nylon Wilson bag and a pull cart to match from the early eighties. That's where my vintage set lives now. And If I can just finish the remodeling project I am neck deep into, maybe I can get out and play, now that the snow is finally melted....

13

#14 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2685

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:51 AM

Culling the herd -- such a somber title to a thread.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

14

#15 oldschoolrocker

oldschoolrocker

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126943
  • Joined: 04/18/2011
  • Location:James Island SC
GolfWRX Likes : 4319

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:17 AM

Stu is correct about absolutely no interest in our neck of the woods.  Have a few guys every now and then try it for the novelty of it, but, to really consider playing the vintage gear on a regular basis, no way!!!
They are all drinking the cool aid!!!
I recently brought 2 PB Citations that had been reshafted with Apex 5 shafts for the pros at the course to give a go with.  They are still sitting idle.

Edited by oldschoolrocker, 18 May 2018 - 05:23 AM.


15

#16 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

    Tommy Armour

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469404
  • Joined: 05/28/2017
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 800

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

"They are all drinking the cool aid!!!"

[Rant] I think I saw a post the other day about the so called game improvement clubs, etc, and people upgrading equipment every year. I have been golfing since the 1970's, and in all that time have never thought that I needed to upgrade equipment every year. In fact, I don't know anyone who thinks that way. So whomever they are aiming their Kool-aid at, it ain't me.

My foray into game improvement clubs, and the subsequent testing period, gave me enough data to know that you can't buy a swing and led me to the desire to cull them from the herd. Buying them was a mistake. I wish I had never spent the money. By way of contrast, buying discarded vintage clubs at the thrift store or swapping them with friends has been infinitely cheaper and more satisfying. Culling the non-performers from the herd is not nearly as painful, since one never knows what one's next trip to the thrift store will yield.

Going back in time is not for everyone, but I wonder sometimes how many more people would enjoy golf if the "bling factor" was taken out of it. And since the vast majority of equipment is made in China, who really benefits from the push to upgrade the bling? Personally I don't enjoy playing with people who must have the latest wiz-bang equipment. I'd rather get to know someone who isn't so focused on their equipment and fiddle-farting around with their swing, but those that like a little friendly competition and fellowship regardless of what each one of us is playing. I find that mostly with those who play vintage equipment, and who aren't so worried about scratching their new driver, and who like to swap clubs with me during a round. That's part of the fun if you ask me.

I've had clubs given to me and I've given clubs away. I've seen other guys give whole sets away just to help someone else enjoy quality older equipment. Anything that can be done to lower the cost of entry to the game is a good thing, imo. That includes lower greens fees. Culling the herd simply let's the equipment return to the thrift store, where hopefully it's sold again to someone else who has "the bug". The charity wins, the giver wins, and the future forum member wins. In the end, the game wins.
[End of Rant]
:to_become_senile:

16

#17 scomac2002

scomac2002

    Inside the Starters' Hut

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109841
  • Joined: 06/22/2010
  • Location:The Great White North
GolfWRX Likes : 15072

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

Well said, Doug!  :good:
Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!


TM R7 425 11.5°
Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°

TM '09 Rescue 25°
TM Burner Plus 6-PW

TM Zip 56°
TM White Smoke Big Fontana

17

#18 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 27846

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

View Postoldschoolrocker, on 18 May 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

Stu is correct about absolutely no interest in our neck of the woods.  Have a few guys every now and then try it for the novelty of it, but, to really consider playing the vintage gear on a regular basis, no way!!!
They are all drinking the cool aid!!!
I recently brought 2 PB Citations that had been reshafted with Apex 5 shafts for the pros at the course to give a go with.  They are still sitting idle.
Apex 5 that ain't a golf shaft that is rebar!! :taunt:  I did have one fellow a few years back that would play vintage  played a Citation Driver and Toney Penna irons. I remember when I met him I had the VIPs in the bag but a metal driver and 3 wood. He wanted to play and made the remark sorta dryly "well you are sorta vintage" I told him give me 20 minutes and I would be all vintage. Went back to the house and grabbed the FC 4000s with the Penna Driver and H&B 4 wood. They were already bagged up and ready to go in the walking bag. I returned and he said dryly "that's more like it" Turned out to be a nice fellow. Played walking vintage rounds with him for about a year or so then he moved back to his native Michigan for family reasons. Ran into a fellow from down your way about a year ago. He had a newer Ping walking bag but really had a mix of clubs no metals or moderns. Had a custom persimmon driver and a couple of hickory shafted clubs and a hickory shafted "Calamity Jane" style putter. He hit all of them pretty decent. He was a younger guy so I played from the rear tees with him. I think he shot 2 or 3 over. I think I shot about 85 or so. Yeah the rear tees for me anymore with persimmon and wet fairways had me hitting quite a few driver 4 wood 1 irons into par 4s and the 4 wood into a couple of Par 3s. But it was fun.

Edited by BIG STU, 18 May 2018 - 12:37 PM.

Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 11 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

18

#19 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 27846

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

View PostDcohenour, on 18 May 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

"They are all drinking the cool aid!!!"

[Rant] I think I saw a post the other day about the so called game improvement clubs, etc, and people upgrading equipment every year. I have been golfing since the 1970's, and in all that time have never thought that I needed to upgrade equipment every year. In fact, I don't know anyone who thinks that way. So whomever they are aiming their Kool-aid at, it ain't me.

My foray into game improvement clubs, and the subsequent testing period, gave me enough data to know that you can't buy a swing and led me to the desire to cull them from the herd. Buying them was a mistake. I wish I had never spent the money. By way of contrast, buying discarded vintage clubs at the thrift store or swapping them with friends has been infinitely cheaper and more satisfying. Culling the non-performers from the herd is not nearly as painful, since one never knows what one's next trip to the thrift store will yield.

Going back in time is not for everyone, but I wonder sometimes how many more people would enjoy golf if the "bling factor" was taken out of it. And since the vast majority of equipment is made in China, who really benefits from the push to upgrade the bling? Personally I don't enjoy playing with people who must have the latest wiz-bang equipment. I'd rather get to know someone who isn't so focused on their equipment and fiddle-farting around with their swing, but those that like a little friendly competition and fellowship regardless of what each one of us is playing. I find that mostly with those who play vintage equipment, and who aren't so worried about scratching their new driver, and who like to swap clubs with me during a round. That's part of the fun if you ask me.

I've had clubs given to me and I've given clubs away. I've seen other guys give whole sets away just to help someone else enjoy quality older equipment. Anything that can be done to lower the cost of entry to the game is a good thing, imo. That includes lower greens fees. Culling the herd simply let's the equipment return to the thrift store, where hopefully it's sold again to someone else who has "the bug". The charity wins, the giver wins, and the future forum member wins. In the end, the game wins.
[End of Rant]
:to_become_senile:
Sadly today the "bling" factor is a way of life and not just golf. I have never been a bling type person even when I was younger. We are in the end stages of Harley week this weekend and I look at some of the "blingy" bikes. My bikes had road scars and primer and were rode hard in all types of weather. Most of them are trailered down for bike week now. Shoot back in the day I rode a hardtailed Sportster from Charlotte NC to Sturgis SD one year for the big rally there. LOL I laugh at these guys with the fancy shiny 4 wheel drive diesel pick ups. Off road ha ha-- Saw one the other night go out of his way to miss a water puddle in the Wally World parking lot--- I laughed my butt off and my wife was with me and said "don't you do it" She knew as you guys darn well know me. I proceeded to run the mini Bulldog straight through it WFO! They looked shocked! My wife asked me "when are you going to grow up?"  I told her NEVER. Went to the Home Depot one day and got some stuff and the kid helping load it was being real cautious. I told him I appreciated his respect and caution around my truck but there was nothing he could possibly do to hurt that truck. I further added this is a TRUCK not a show piece. I mean it is battered but mechanically sound with good brakes and tires even if they are mismatched (sorta like my golf bags). The kid grinned from ear to ear and said "I think this is a neat old truck" I tipped him $5.

For me in a nutshell I do my own thing and really could give two hoots less what someone else does or does not do. I love playing my old rusty antique golf clubs
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 11 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

19

#20 TimV

TimV

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38964
  • Joined: 09/07/2007
  • Location:Margate, Florida
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:viceman-1
GolfWRX Likes : 1882

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

Reading all this makes me smile. I really do love you guys.
I have given away clubs for years and will continue to for years.
We may not be "with it" but we don't really give a sh_t!
It does make me sad that we can't find more people willing to try playing vintage with. I know I tried for years down here to generate interest, even running ads on craigslist, all to no avail. They all have the "you have to own the best to be the best" attitude here.
At least that makes them fun to beat with the old stuff,  :D

Edited by TimV, 18 May 2018 - 06:45 PM.

Vintage:
60-61 Wilson Staff 2-PW w/t MacGregor Tourney Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Signature Brass Putter

67-68 Spalding Top Flite Professional 2-PW & Palmer FTD SW  w/t Cobra Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, T.P.M. 12 Putter

Classic:
71-72 Wilson Staff Button Backs 2-PW & R61 Sandy Andy SW w/t Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver and 3 Wood, MacGregor Tourney SAT 5 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter

Modern Classic:
'1995' Snake Eyes S&W Forged 3-10 Irons, Hubby Habjan Scotch Blade 2 Iron, Mizuno MP 52-07, Titleist 258-08 Vokey, w/t TaylorMade R5 Dual 10.5 degree Driver, Snake Eyes Quickstrike 19 degree 4 Wood, Brass Anser Style Slotline Putter

Modern:
2016 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Forged 4-GW Irons, Wilson Harmonized 55 degree SW, w/t TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0: 10.5 degree Driver, 18 degree 4 Wood, 21 degree Hybrid. Tour Edge CNC Milled Feel III Putter

For S&G:
lil' David Slingers 2-PW w/t Tracks USA 10 degree Driver, 15 degree 3 Wood, and Brass Rammer 3000 USA Putter
*Ridiculous offset on all of these. You have to see it to believe it!  

Founding Father of the Jolly Roger Golf Association Member #1 and only...
(You can join but you have to get the tattoo)

Spank the Persimmon or Walk the Plank!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 smorg

smorg

    Tundra Transplant

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 243305
  • Joined: 04/06/2013
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:morgan141414
GolfWRX Likes : 326

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

View PostDcohenour, on 24 April 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

So this past weekend I culled the herd a bit and took about 50 clubs I collected last year to the local thrift. After doing so, I can still outfit two foursomes, 6 with vintage, one with a modern set, and one hickory (me, of course). All of the clubs were acquired between fall of 2016 & fall of 2017 when the sickness really took hold. I had no idea I acquired so many clubs...

This year's experiment is to play only with vintage clubs, and to try to whittle the herd down by half again at the end of the season. My plan is to put the modern set into mothballs for my retirement years, which are still about 7-10 years away. That leaves 3 sets of vintage Wilson clubs to decide between. Keeping the Pings for my son, and the Hickories for my own fun. The rest of the various clubs and spare woods might just go into storage too.

It will be interesting to see if a favorite set emerges and what it looks like. I am going to try to be as impartial as possible, and quarantine any misbehaving clubs so they do not infect the others. Also looking for ideas on how to pass along the clubs I no longer want to someone who will use them. Maybe gifting them to a couple of golfing buddies would be a good idea. Some are so nice I hate to part with them. But eventually I will have to when we downsize, so I need to get busy.

League starts tomorrow, but not really. Still too much snow on the course, it will be cancelled. It's a new league for me, so showing up with 1960's clubs ought to be interesting. I'm only carrying 9 clubs in a vintage bag, pulled on a vintage cart. Might throw in a spare driver just in case someone wants to give it a whack.

This season is going to be fun! And Wisconsin Golfers: Anyone interested in a meet up again this year? Let me know!
Love to get a group together for an outing........not supposed to snow again until June 3.
Hogan Edge 1-SW, Apex 3
Hogan Edge GS 3-PW Apex 3
Hogan Apex ll, 3-9, Apex 4
Hogan Speed Slot 1,2,4
Hogan Rail Putter

21

#22 smorg

smorg

    Tundra Transplant

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 243305
  • Joined: 04/06/2013
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:morgan141414
GolfWRX Likes : 326

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:01 PM

View PostBIG STU, on 18 May 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

View Postoldschoolrocker, on 18 May 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

Stu is correct about absolutely no interest in our neck of the woods.  Have a few guys every now and then try it for the novelty of it, but, to really consider playing the vintage gear on a regular basis, no way!!!
They are all drinking the cool aid!!!
I recently brought 2 PB Citations that had been reshafted with Apex 5 shafts for the pros at the course to give a go with.  They are still sitting idle.
Apex 5 that ain't a golf shaft that is rebar!! :taunt:  I did have one fellow a few years back that would play vintage  played a Citation Driver and Toney Penna irons. I remember when I met him I had the VIPs in the bag but a metal driver and 3 wood. He wanted to play and made the remark sorta dryly "well you are sorta vintage" I told him give me 20 minutes and I would be all vintage. Went back to the house and grabbed the FC 4000s with the Penna Driver and H&B 4 wood. They were already bagged up and ready to go in the walking bag. I returned and he said dryly "that's more like it" Turned out to be a nice fellow. Played walking vintage rounds with him for about a year or so then he moved back to his native Michigan for family reasons. Ran into a fellow from down your way about a year ago. He had a newer Ping walking bag but really had a mix of clubs no metals or moderns. Had a custom persimmon driver and a couple of hickory shafted clubs and a hickory shafted "Calamity Jane" style putter. He hit all of them pretty decent. He was a younger guy so I played from the rear tees with him. I think he shot 2 or 3 over. I think I shot about 85 or so. Yeah the rear tees for me anymore with persimmon and wet fairways had me hitting quite a few driver 4 wood 1 irons into par 4s and the 4 wood into a couple of Par 3s. But it was fun.
I picked a set of Hogan GCD's at a GW in Virginia (business trip) that have the black chrome Apex 5 shafts.  Re-bar is an accurate description.  Don't know what I was thinking, but it was a set of a complete set 3-SW.  Cost me more to ship them back home than I paid for them.....lesson learned.
Hogan Edge 1-SW, Apex 3
Hogan Edge GS 3-PW Apex 3
Hogan Apex ll, 3-9, Apex 4
Hogan Speed Slot 1,2,4
Hogan Rail Putter

22

#23 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 27846

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:39 PM

View PostTimV, on 18 May 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

Reading all this makes me smile. I really do love you guys.
I have given away clubs for years and will continue to for years.
We may not be "with it" but we don't really give a sh_t!
It does make me sad that we can't find more people willing to try playing vintage with. I know I tried for years down here to generate interest, even running ads on craigslist, all to no avail. They all have the "you have to own the best to be the best" attitude here.
At least that makes them fun to beat with the old stuff,  :D
Makes my day when I spank their butts with the old rusty stuff
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 11 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

23

#24 Jiggered

Jiggered

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 454866
  • Joined: 02/11/2017
  • Location:Midlands UK
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 498

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:55 AM

I think you need a certain mind set to appreciate older clubs.
I like old stuff, full stop. It has much more character and is usually much better made, you can see the craftsmanship in it.
I use old cutlery, an old beer glass, old tools, etc, etc, so when I came across vintage golf it was love at first sight.

One thing I think that prevents many from having a go is that the marketing for modern clubs, and that's all types of clubs from putters through to drivers, has made people think that they wouldn't be able to play with a vintage club that doesn't have the latest wonder features to help them out.

On another forum I made a quick list of some of the terminology being used by manufacturers in their 2018 driver offerings:
  • Twist Face
  • Y Track
  • Hammerhead Slot
  • Jailbreak technology :o
  • Active Recoil Channel 2.0
  • Radial Speed Face 2.0
  • SureFit CG
  • Power Holes
  • Forged SP700 Ti Face
  • Geocoustic construction
  • 360 Aero
  • Green Means GO! Fast Fit Technology 3.0 :haha:
  • Power Wave Sole
  • HiBore Crown
  • Flex-Fin Technology
Folks these days are scared to try anything that's just a good, honest club, no matter how well it's been made.
It's a bit sad really.

Edited by Jiggered, 19 May 2018 - 01:56 AM.


24

#25 dcopp7

dcopp7

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428384
  • Joined: 06/08/2016
  • Location:Bay City, MI
  • Ebay ID:dcopp7
GolfWRX Likes : 527

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:44 AM

I think you have a point with the marketing jargon, but older stuff was full of it too.  Strata Bloc, Speed Slot, Apex, dyna powered, powerbilt, eye o matic, etc etc

Callaway Hyper X 9*  what's the point?

Taylormade RBZ 15* 3W

Cleveland Launcher 3W 15*

Synchron Vespa 19* hybrid

Dunlop Pro 18* driving iron

Orlimar clone 23* 7W

Dynacraft Prophet CB flexface 5i-PW

Acer XB 52* & 58* wedges

Lynx putter

25

#26 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 27846

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

View PostJiggered, on 19 May 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

I think you need a certain mind set to appreciate older clubs.
I like old stuff, full stop. It has much more character and is usually much better made, you can see the craftsmanship in it.
I use old cutlery, an old beer glass, old tools, etc, etc, so when I came across vintage golf it was love at first sight.

One thing I think that prevents many from having a go is that the marketing for modern clubs, and that's all types of clubs from putters through to drivers, has made people think that they wouldn't be able to play with a vintage club that doesn't have the latest wonder features to help them out.

On another forum I made a quick list of some of the terminology being used by manufacturers in their 2018 driver offerings:
  • Twist Face
  • Y Track
  • Hammerhead Slot
  • Jailbreak technology :o
  • Active Recoil Channel 2.0
  • Radial Speed Face 2.0
  • SureFit CG
  • Power Holes
  • Forged SP700 Ti Face
  • Geocoustic construction
  • 360 Aero
  • Green Means GO! Fast Fit Technology 3.0 :haha:
  • Power Wave Sole
  • HiBore Crown
  • Flex-Fin Technology
Folks these days are scared to try anything that's just a good, honest club, no matter how well it's been made.
It's a bit sad really.
Make me wonder about starting my own driver company--- The Stu Golf company no frills fads or gimmicks just an honest club. Also supplied one roll of lead tape to make adjustments. Any grip or shaft you want. We will even paint it any color you want
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 11 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

26

#27 dcopp7

dcopp7

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428384
  • Joined: 06/08/2016
  • Location:Bay City, MI
  • Ebay ID:dcopp7
GolfWRX Likes : 527

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:12 AM

View PostBIG STU, on 19 May 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

We will even paint it any color you want
rattle can only
Callaway Hyper X 9*  what's the point?

Taylormade RBZ 15* 3W

Cleveland Launcher 3W 15*

Synchron Vespa 19* hybrid

Dunlop Pro 18* driving iron

Orlimar clone 23* 7W

Dynacraft Prophet CB flexface 5i-PW

Acer XB 52* & 58* wedges

Lynx putter

27

#28 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

    Certified Blade Chump

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72626
  • Joined: 01/12/2009
  • Location:Minnesota, USA
  • Ebay ID:n.r.jyzr
GolfWRX Likes : 5145

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:33 AM

View PostBIG STU, on 19 May 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

View PostJiggered, on 19 May 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

I think you need a certain mind set to appreciate older clubs.
I like old stuff, full stop. It has much more character and is usually much better made, you can see the craftsmanship in it.
I use old cutlery, an old beer glass, old tools, etc, etc, so when I came across vintage golf it was love at first sight.

One thing I think that prevents many from having a go is that the marketing for modern clubs, and that's all types of clubs from putters through to drivers, has made people think that they wouldn't be able to play with a vintage club that doesn't have the latest wonder features to help them out.

On another forum I made a quick list of some of the terminology being used by manufacturers in their 2018 driver offerings:
  • Twist Face
  • Y Track
  • Hammerhead Slot
  • Jailbreak technology :o
  • Active Recoil Channel 2.0
  • Radial Speed Face 2.0
  • SureFit CG
  • Power Holes
  • Forged SP700 Ti Face
  • Geocoustic construction
  • 360 Aero
  • Green Means GO! Fast Fit Technology 3.0 :haha:
  • Power Wave Sole
  • HiBore Crown
  • Flex-Fin Technology
Folks these days are scared to try anything that's just a good, honest club, no matter how well it's been made.
It's a bit sad really.
Make me wonder about starting my own driver company--- The Stu Golf company no frills fads or gimmicks just an honest club. Also supplied one roll of lead tape to make adjustments. Any grip or shaft you want. We will even paint it any color you want


Sadly Stu, I don't know if it would work.  The Fonz may have said it best:

"Bull makes the world go 'round"

Edited by NRJyzr, 20 May 2018 - 08:34 AM.

The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver:  Cobra King LTD, Rogue Black 70 (3w shaft), 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
2h:  TM Stage2 Tour, NV105 S
2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
Testing:  4-SW Pinhawk SL irons, DGS400, 37" (oh my!)
SW:  Acer XB 58*, DGS300 tipped
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
(Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
Balls:  in no particular order...  Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV
   will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
Shoes by True Linkswear

28

#29 TimV

TimV

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38964
  • Joined: 09/07/2007
  • Location:Margate, Florida
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:viceman-1
GolfWRX Likes : 1882

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:42 AM

Yes, I suggest going the other direction. Find a lady crafter who can 'Bedazzle' and apply Glitter.
Vintage:
60-61 Wilson Staff 2-PW w/t MacGregor Tourney Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Signature Brass Putter

67-68 Spalding Top Flite Professional 2-PW & Palmer FTD SW  w/t Cobra Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, T.P.M. 12 Putter

Classic:
71-72 Wilson Staff Button Backs 2-PW & R61 Sandy Andy SW w/t Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver and 3 Wood, MacGregor Tourney SAT 5 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter

Modern Classic:
'1995' Snake Eyes S&W Forged 3-10 Irons, Hubby Habjan Scotch Blade 2 Iron, Mizuno MP 52-07, Titleist 258-08 Vokey, w/t TaylorMade R5 Dual 10.5 degree Driver, Snake Eyes Quickstrike 19 degree 4 Wood, Brass Anser Style Slotline Putter

Modern:
2016 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Forged 4-GW Irons, Wilson Harmonized 55 degree SW, w/t TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0: 10.5 degree Driver, 18 degree 4 Wood, 21 degree Hybrid. Tour Edge CNC Milled Feel III Putter

For S&G:
lil' David Slingers 2-PW w/t Tracks USA 10 degree Driver, 15 degree 3 Wood, and Brass Rammer 3000 USA Putter
*Ridiculous offset on all of these. You have to see it to believe it!  

Founding Father of the Jolly Roger Golf Association Member #1 and only...
(You can join but you have to get the tattoo)

Spank the Persimmon or Walk the Plank!

29

#30 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 27846

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:06 PM

View Postdcopp7, on 20 May 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

View PostBIG STU, on 19 May 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

We will even paint it any color you want
rattle can only
Absolutely but the best rattle can paint Krylon

Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 11 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with persimmon, clubs, vintage, wilson, ping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors