Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Junior Golfers getting so called "sponsored"


64 replies to this topic

#31 Golf Rat

Golf Rat

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71434
  • Joined: 12/28/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

What is the chance an 11 year old has to get sponsered?? I shot low 80s-high 70s at a 5657 yard course. Probably like 6000s because 16 out of the 18 holes are uphill. The rating is 109.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 Jer-Jer

Jer-Jer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9650
  • Joined: 01/11/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:45 PM

View PostGolf Rat, on Dec 29 2008, 04:29 PM, said:

What is the chance an 11 year old has to get sponsered?? I shot low 80s-high 70s at a 5657 yard course. Probably like 6000s because 16 out of the 18 holes are uphill. The rating is 109.

Not a chance.

#33 Deerslayer

Deerslayer

    Shoot to Thrill, Play to Kill......

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53652
  • Joined: 04/14/2008
  • Location:Austin TX
GolfWRX Likes : 303

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

It happens all of the time. My son is an "advocate" for Puma. He gets shoes, clothing and a bag.  He is not gaming the bag right now because of his school colors, but it is common these days for top players to get clothing and equipment.  The people at Puma are great and I will tell you that my son is very brand loyal to them and represents Puma well.  It is good business on their part.  Other juniors watch what the top players are playing and I am sure it has some influence.  I was skeptical at first, but soon learned it is pretty common now.

I tried getting him to tell Puma he is size XL now.......... :rolleyes:  LOL
Stratton will always wear Puma shoes and will occasionally mix in some JL shirts and pants.  
Posted Image

#34 Titleistman1010

Titleistman1010

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139939
  • Joined: 09/26/2011
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

I play in the AJGA and am in the top 20 in the country. They do give free clubs away when you "get fitted" You try out some clubs and they give you what you want. I have gotten clubs from Taylormade and Callaway but those are the only ones that I know of that get free clubs. I wish I could get a Circle T putter but they don't give those out.

#35 mikey96

mikey96

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139886
  • Joined: 09/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

Basically, If you are in big tournaments and will be getting exposure, companies may want to set you up with a set of their clubs to get them more sales.  "This great kid uses Titleist, so If I buy them I will be just as good!"


#36 Unusual Penguin

Unusual Penguin

    I like to hit the ball far

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144797
  • Joined: 10/31/2011
  • Ebay ID:Hozeski1
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

How common is this? I don't play amazing golf but If I win some small tournaments is there even a chance?

#37 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

    EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

View PostUnusual Penguin, on 22 January 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

How common is this? I don't play amazing golf but If I win some small tournaments is there even a chance?

Not to burst the bubble's of you young fellas but its not very common at all and honestly you guys shouldn't worry about it. The reason why they do this for junior players isn't to sell clubs like some people seem to think, not enough people are looking at what junior players are using for that to make much sense. The reason they do it is to try to buy the loyalty of players who they think may play professionally one day, signing first year PGA tour players is very competitive and the companies want to do everything they can to increase their chances of signing them. In order to get so called "sponsored" a junior golfer needs to be at the top of the rankings and a top D1 prospect.

You guys need to focus on playing well enough to get a college scholarship if you want to make it to the next level, free equipment really shouldn't be a priority, and if you do make it to a D1 program you'll get the equipment and the "pro treatment" soon enough.

#38 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

    Butyraceous

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Joined: 05/14/2011
  • Location:SEATTLE
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

Very nice post thrillhouse, that's what I was thinking but didn't know how to word it. I have a friend go has a clothes/ball deal with Nike and Nike has a brothers program where try "sponsor" the brothers. They are both great golfers ( although I did beat the belter who is my age at the state championship this year) this year Is the year that I will start playing in some larger tournaments, and be sending my resume to college coaches! Hopefully I will get some form of scholarship and maybe even pick up a so called "sponsorship" deal myself. Lots of work will née to be put in, but I'm up for it!

#39 bossdog

bossdog

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134664
  • Joined: 07/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostTheMackDaddy, on 22 January 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Very nice post thrillhouse, that's what I was thinking but didn't know how to word it. I have a friend go has a clothes/ball deal with Nike and Nike has a brothers program where try "sponsor" the brothers. They are both great golfers ( although I did beat the belter who is my age at the state championship this year) this year Is the year that I will start playing in some larger tournaments, and be sending my resume to college coaches! Hopefully I will get some form of scholarship and maybe even pick up a so called "sponsorship" deal myself. Lots of work will née to be put in, but I'm up for it!
nike has a brother sponsorship? im currently on a full product support from tm and my brother gets balls,hats,gloves,shoes from titleist but the nikr brother thing sounds good if its true....

#40 BkgolferNH

BkgolferNH

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118334
  • Joined: 12/02/2010
  • Location:Clemson Tiger Nation, SC
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

I think you have to really be a big time player to get tour stuff for free. I have a buddy who has a deal with Titleist and they send him Footjoy clothes, shoes, gloves, etc. for free like once a month and he gets Titleist irons and woods for like 80% off. Unfortunatly (hardly... boo hoo) because Vokey and Cameron are not considered like fully under Titleist he basically has to pay half price. It is still cool, it is mainly an apparel deal.

He doesn't get like custom putters or wedges but if you are a top level amateur like top 50 in the world you can probably get more equipment and stuff. The coolest thing my friend gets is he gets to test the new Titleist stuff so he hit the new 2011 Pro V1s about 6 months before they were even released and he demoed the new SM4 wedges and 2011 woods line before they were released. It isn't like having full tour sponsorship where you can get anything you want for no charge but it is still cool.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#41 tokyo jo

tokyo jo

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69622
  • Joined: 11/21/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

Most of the OEM's have staff responsible for emerging talent - you'll see them at most big amateur events. As Thrillhouse says don't worry about it. If you're good enough, they'll come to talk to you. You might want to think about your attitude/behaviour too - they tend to avoid the club throwing/swearing/spoilt brats!

Many posters seem obsessed with "free" or "tour" equipment. The players who have established a relationship with the big companies may not pay directly for their clubs, but they've paid big time in other ways - hours and hours of practice and a playing schedule that costs a fortune.

If you want to be obsessed with anything try focusing on your game, particularly from 120 yards and closer. You never know, you might actually get good enough to be able to handle the "tour" equipment you crave...

#42 bossdog

bossdog

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134664
  • Joined: 07/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostBkgolferNH, on 25 January 2012 - 02:21 AM, said:

I think you have to really be a big time player to get tour stuff for free. I have a buddy who has a deal with Titleist and they send him Footjoy clothes, shoes, gloves, etc. for free like once a month and he gets Titleist irons and woods for like 80% off. Unfortunatly (hardly... boo hoo) because Vokey and Cameron are not considered like fully under Titleist he basically has to pay half price. It is still cool, it is mainly an apparel deal.

He doesn't get like custom putters or wedges but if you are a top level amateur like top 50 in the world you can probably get more equipment and stuff. The coolest thing my friend gets is he gets to test the new Titleist stuff so he hit the new 2011 Pro V1s about 6 months before they were even released and he demoed the new SM4 wedges and 2011 woods line before they were released. It isn't like having full tour sponsorship where you can get anything you want for no charge but it is still cool.
he doesnt get 80 percent off. its 25 percent off wholesale. so a vokey would be around 55-60 bucks, putter for like 140, 910 for around 175, irons for 400.

#43 Cameron Circle T

Cameron Circle T

    The Doc

  • Junior Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9050
  • Joined: 12/25/2005
  • Location:Orange County, CA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

View Postbossdog, on 25 January 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

View PostBkgolferNH, on 25 January 2012 - 02:21 AM, said:

I think you have to really be a big time player to get tour stuff for free. I have a buddy who has a deal with Titleist and they send him Footjoy clothes, shoes, gloves, etc. for free like once a month and he gets Titleist irons and woods for like 80% off. Unfortunatly (hardly... boo hoo) because Vokey and Cameron are not considered like fully under Titleist he basically has to pay half price. It is still cool, it is mainly an apparel deal.

He doesn't get like custom putters or wedges but if you are a top level amateur like top 50 in the world you can probably get more equipment and stuff. The coolest thing my friend gets is he gets to test the new Titleist stuff so he hit the new 2011 Pro V1s about 6 months before they were even released and he demoed the new SM4 wedges and 2011 woods line before they were released. It isn't like having full tour sponsorship where you can get anything you want for no charge but it is still cool.
he doesnt get 80 percent off. its 25 percent off wholesale. so a vokey would be around 55-60 bucks, putter for like 140, 910 for around 175, irons for 400.

Yeah, this is the same deal we got in college.

Wedges were always around 30-60 bucks depending on the company, drivers were around what the above posted except with upgrades. I think my Ozik was around a 30-40 dollar upgrade. Irons varied from 275-450ish. Titleist was definitely the highest priced at around 400. Cleveland always had the best deals - I think it was 275 for my irons.

And now I'm just a regular person again - retail prices blow, lol.

#44 bossdog

bossdog

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134664
  • Joined: 07/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostCameron Circle T, on 25 January 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

View Postbossdog, on 25 January 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

View PostBkgolferNH, on 25 January 2012 - 02:21 AM, said:

I think you have to really be a big time player to get tour stuff for free. I have a buddy who has a deal with Titleist and they send him Footjoy clothes, shoes, gloves, etc. for free like once a month and he gets Titleist irons and woods for like 80% off. Unfortunatly (hardly... boo hoo) because Vokey and Cameron are not considered like fully under Titleist he basically has to pay half price. It is still cool, it is mainly an apparel deal.

He doesn't get like custom putters or wedges but if you are a top level amateur like top 50 in the world you can probably get more equipment and stuff. The coolest thing my friend gets is he gets to test the new Titleist stuff so he hit the new 2011 Pro V1s about 6 months before they were even released and he demoed the new SM4 wedges and 2011 woods line before they were released. It isn't like having full tour sponsorship where you can get anything you want for no charge but it is still cool.
he doesnt get 80 percent off. its 25 percent off wholesale. so a vokey would be around 55-60 bucks, putter for like 140, 910 for around 175, irons for 400.

Yeah, this is the same deal we got in college.

Wedges were always around 30-60 bucks depending on the company, drivers were around what the above posted except with upgrades. I think my Ozik was around a 30-40 dollar upgrade. Irons varied from 275-450ish. Titleist was definitely the highest priced at around 400. Cleveland always had the best deals - I think it was 275 for my irons.

And now I'm just a regular person again - retail prices blow, lol.
im on the taylormade program where i get free everything which is great lol! i am still a junior golfer though. you shouldve stocked up in college haha!

#45 Cameron Circle T

Cameron Circle T

    The Doc

  • Junior Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9050
  • Joined: 12/25/2005
  • Location:Orange County, CA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

[/quote]
im on the taylormade program where i get free everything which is great lol! i am still a junior golfer though. you shouldve stocked up in college haha!
[/quote]

I did - but I graduated from college before the conditions of competition went into effect so anything I have is no longer usable in amateur tournaments.


#46 Jer-Jer

Jer-Jer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9650
  • Joined: 01/11/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostCameron Circle T, on 26 January 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

I did - but I graduated from college before the conditions of competition went into effect so anything I have is no longer usable in amateur tournaments.

That would be true if it was in pro events where the condition of competition was adopted for the event you were playing in.  All wedges are legal for amateur play until Jan. 1, 2014.

#47 Cameron Circle T

Cameron Circle T

    The Doc

  • Junior Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9050
  • Joined: 12/25/2005
  • Location:Orange County, CA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostJer-Jer, on 26 January 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

View PostCameron Circle T, on 26 January 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

I did - but I graduated from college before the conditions of competition went into effect so anything I have is no longer usable in amateur tournaments.

That would be true if it was in pro events where the condition of competition was adopted for the event you were playing in.  All wedges are legal for amateur play until Jan. 1, 2014.

This is sort of correct. Only for professional events is it currently mandatory to implement the conditions of competition groove rule. For amateur play, it's up to the tournament directors to choose for their events until 2014, after 2014 it becomes mandatory at the am level too.

The USGA has chosen to hold off on the US Am Mid Am Jr. Am etc. until 2014, but that does not preclude tournament directors from implementing it earlier in state golf association tournaments etc. It's suggested that since the USGA is holding off so too should state golf associations, so I could've stocked up more than even I did but those clubs would've been good a max of 2 more years and potentially less so there was no point in a lifetimes worth of wedge heads.

Copied and pasted:

For those who play in championships conducted by state and regional golf associations:
  • Implementing the condition of competition is a decision to be made by the committees of these events.
  • It is suggested that the state and regional golf organizations be contacted regarding their plans for adopting the condition of competition.

Edited by Cameron Circle T, 26 January 2012 - 04:07 AM.


#48 Jer-Jer

Jer-Jer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9650
  • Joined: 01/11/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostCameron Circle T, on 26 January 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

View PostJer-Jer, on 26 January 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

View PostCameron Circle T, on 26 January 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

I did - but I graduated from college before the conditions of competition went into effect so anything I have is no longer usable in amateur tournaments.

That would be true if it was in pro events where the condition of competition was adopted for the event you were playing in.  All wedges are legal for amateur play until Jan. 1, 2014.

This is sort of correct. Only for professional events is it currently mandatory to implement the conditions of competition groove rule. For amateur play, it's up to the tournament directors to choose for their events until 2014, after 2014 it becomes mandatory at the am level too.

The USGA has chosen to hold off on the US Am Mid Am Jr. Am etc. until 2014, but that does not preclude tournament directors from implementing it earlier in state golf association tournaments etc. It's suggested that since the USGA is holding off so too should state golf associations, so I could've stocked up more than even I did but those clubs would've been good a max of 2 more years and potentially less so there was no point in a lifetimes worth of wedge heads.

Copied and pasted:

For those who play in championships conducted by state and regional golf associations:
  • Implementing the condition of competition is a decision to be made by the committees of these events.
  • It is suggested that the state and regional golf organizations be contacted regarding their plans for adopting the condition of competition.

My only point was your clubs you had from college would've been fine to use unless you're playing pro events.  And I haven't heard of ANY amateur event adopting the C of C b/c if the US Amateur isn't adopting it yet, no other tourney will.

#49 STEC

STEC

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138053
  • Joined: 08/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

It's one thing for these kids to get all this nice stuff, but I hate the kids who talk about it like they are on the pga tour, let your actions do the talking.

#50 jbrunone

jbrunone

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109380
  • Joined: 06/12/2010
  • Location:SE Massachusetts
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostSTEC, on 26 January 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

It's one thing for these kids to get all this nice stuff, but I hate the kids who talk about it like they are on the pga tour, let your actions do the talking.

agree, but most can back it up. Wouldnt want to play them


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#51 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

    EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostSTEC, on 26 January 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

It's one thing for these kids to get all this nice stuff, but I hate the kids who talk about it like they are on the pga tour, let your actions do the talking.

I hear ya but they are kids, gotta give them a little bit of a break. Remember what you were like at 15? I was a complete idiot.

#52 awil

awil

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127152
  • Joined: 04/21/2011
  • Location:The Wilds Golf club, Prior Lake Minnesota
  • Ebay ID:aaronwilson1995
GolfWRX Likes : 130

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

Im not after an ameteur  sponsorship but i am a junior . I wouldnt mind paying for clubs but man the fittings would nbe nice . You would know the exact specs you need after rigerous trial and error at their site ( taylormade fc ,titleist fitting center,the oven ) where they have all their gear would be so sweet that its unthinkable

#53 bossdog

bossdog

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134664
  • Joined: 07/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

View Postawil, on 26 January 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Im not after an ameteur  sponsorship but i am a junior . I wouldnt mind paying for clubs but man the fittings would nbe nice . You would know the exact specs you need after rigerous trial and error at their site ( taylormade fc ,titleist fitting center,the oven ) where they have all their gear would be so sweet that its unthinkable
im not sure about titleist or nike but with taylormade juniors they dont put you through the whole process with the screening and use of cameras etc(at least for my first fitting), i just hit a bunch of different stuff with different shafts and lies and lofts and weights and didnt even use the launch monitor until the last few driver shots to compare the old and new.. its still pretty nice though haha!

#54 bossdog

bossdog

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134664
  • Joined: 07/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostSTEC, on 26 January 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

It's one thing for these kids to get all this nice stuff, but I hate the kids who talk about it like they are on the pga tour, let your actions do the talking.
go pick on someone your own age.. and read the topic title! the OP wants people who know about this stuff to post about it.,

#55 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

    Butyraceous

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Joined: 05/14/2011
  • Location:SEATTLE
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

Which companies are most likely to give out discounts on their equipment? Anybody know?


#56 bossdog

bossdog

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134664
  • Joined: 07/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostTheMackDaddy, on 27 January 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Which companies are most likely to give out discounts on their equipment? Anybody know?
what tournaments do you play?

#57 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

    Butyraceous

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Joined: 05/14/2011
  • Location:SEATTLE
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

As of now just tournements within the state. I'm only 14 though, so I will possibly start AJGA this year and for sure will join next year, it is just so dang expensive.

View Postbossdog, on 27 January 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

View PostTheMackDaddy, on 27 January 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Which companies are most likely to give out discounts on their equipment? Anybody know?
what tournaments do you play?


#58 jbrunone

jbrunone

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109380
  • Joined: 06/12/2010
  • Location:SE Massachusetts
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostTheMackDaddy, on 27 January 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

As of now just tournements within the state. I'm only 14 though, so I will possibly start AJGA this year and for sure will join next year, it is just so dang expensive.

View Postbossdog, on 27 January 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

View PostTheMackDaddy, on 27 January 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Which companies are most likely to give out discounts on their equipment? Anybody know?
what tournaments do you play?

they will find you if you are good enough....

#59 Goldenhawk

Goldenhawk

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,033 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7653
  • Joined: 11/10/2005
  • Location:Virginia
GolfWRX Likes : 235

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

View Postswingdoctor, on 07 May 2008 - 01:36 PM, said:

The top ranked juniors are supplied equipment on an as needed basis, not an open shopping forum.  They are afforded this opportunity because of their stellar play in large tournaments.  The manufacturers do this to create loyalty to their brand and to develop relationships in case this junior makes it to the top.  However, my prediction is that at the least the practice will lose serious funding.  Not only because of the economy but because it simply doesn't work.  Take a look at the young guns on tour and you will see example after example of a guy who played a certain manufacturers equipment up until they made the tour and then switched companies based on whoever was paying them the most in a contract.  If you want examples, look no further than Anthony Kim.  A "loyal" titleist guy since he burst on the scene as a junior.  Now a pro, switch to Nike.  The manufacturers are getting feed up with the loss of time and money they are putting into these kids with no return for the future.  My advice if you are qualified to recieve these perks from a company:  say thank you more times than you can imagine and show loyalty to them as long as they are willing to support you.

If a top ranked junior makes it to the match play portion of a USGA tournament or wins a whole bunch of tournaments, it advertising.  It's just another way to advertise your company.  We all pay for it whenever we buy a pack of golf balls or a new club.
TM SLDR 10.5* Driver
Adams Super XTD Ti 14.5* and 18* Woods
Adams Super XTD Ti 19* Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-850 Forged, 4 to AW
Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Mizuno MP-T5 Wedges, 56*/10* and 60*/10*

#60 Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148219
  • Joined: 11/23/2011
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

Probably shouldn't be saying this, but I contacted someone from Titleist about some equipment "help", and while he couldn't do anything for me, I did receive 3 dozen ProV1s and 3 hats!

Cleveland Classic 290 9* Tour AD-DI 6s
Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15* Tour AD-DI 7s
Adams Idea Pro 18* Aerotech Steelfiber
Mizuno MP-33 3-PW TTDG S300
Cleveland 588 Forged 56*, 64*
Never Compromise Sub 30 Type 40

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors