Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Miura cb501 vs Mizuno MP4 forgiveness

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482518
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:08 AM

I have a set of CB501s with PX 6.0 in them , I had reshafted from X100s

I just purchased a set of MP4s and am waiting on them to come in , they’re brand new used 2-3 rounds total , with Project X 6.5 in them

My 6i is about 95mph

I have come to realization that the CB501 do not seem to be very forgiving , and I have no problem striking them , I had read the MP4 is not excruciatingly unforgiving so I decided to buy without hitting.

Would this be a silly decision to switch from one to the other?

Can anyone chime in with some specific experiences with perhaps these 2 clubs

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482518
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Well this didn’t get much of a response

But - I received these today and went ball whacking at the range , these are unbelievably high launching / landing , so I gained about 1/2 a club to a full club in carry but kept about same total distance , which is not what I was expecting at all going to an MB & a stiffer version of same shaft

Also really not that unforgiving , big dumb toe shots & thin to win lasers hurt equally as much with my CB501s , but when you nut it , it’s a very addictive feeling

#3 PopIt&DropIt

PopIt&DropIt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491086
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

I've never hit the 501s but I have handled them.  I have hit the mp4s a decent amount.  Many people here say the 501s are not very forgiving for a cavity and I feel the mp4s are pretty forgiving blade so your experience makes sense to me.  Personally I think side by side the 501s APPEAR harder to hit as that top line is thinner than most blades. If I had the choice I'd play the mp4s :) Enjoy them!

Edited by PopIt&DropIt, 28 April 2018 - 10:03 AM.

#4 dunn

dunn

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124833
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1336

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

Yeah I have owned mp4 and hit cb501 handful of times....didnt seem to much in it though since their is a cavity the 501 I am sure is bit easier on slight mishits....couple yrds here and there

Maybe more so in longer irons.....

But no didn't find cb501 to be what I expected it to be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors