Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bridgestone Tour B X vs Tour B XS

bridgestone tour b x b xs golf ball golf ball vs new

51 replies to this topic

#31 hound25

hound25

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156009
  • Joined: 01/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:23 AM

View PostShortGameJunkie, on 25 May 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

View Postmatchavez, on 25 May 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

View PostQuigleyDU, on 25 May 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

View Postmatchavez, on 24 May 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostQuigleyDU, on 24 May 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

right now, the store i work part ime in is selling these 2 dozen for 70.
Yellows?

what ball?
Did they bring the X in yellow to retail, or do I need to order from Bridgestone directly?

From what I understand you have to order through Bridgestone to get the yellow in the x or XS

Direct through Bridgestone which is actually through shopatron. I ordered 2 dozen yellow Bx, but received the Bxs. Contacted Bridgestone and returned them for a refund because Bridgestone could not provide the Bx!  They told me that shopatron stores the balls for them and there was no way that Bridgestone could provide me the correct balls. They said I needed to place a new order to get the correct ones. I said, Ďso Bridgestone does not have the ability to correct this mistake in house, and has to rely on someone else to make it right?í  I was told yes, they couldnít do anything other than the refund. Customer service is severely lacking...they also didnít refund shipping costs until I called and told them it was ridiculous to expect me to eat shipping costs when I donít have the product and it was Bridgestones mistake!  Needless to say, I didnít place a new order. Love the ball and may pick them up in a store, but didnít like doing business online with them.

Titleist 917 D3 8.5* (C1), GD Tour AD IZ 7tx


Ping G400 14.5, GD Tour AD DI 8tx


Titleist 718 TMB 2-iron, Tour AD DI


Ping S55 4-PW, KBS Ctaper 125 S+


PING Nome TR, 35" slight arc


Ping Glide Stealth 50ss, 54ss, 60es

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 JDFish

JDFish

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135069
  • Joined: 08/03/2011
  • Location:Pickerington, Ohio
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:52 AM

I have been trying out both the BX and BXS and both seem noticeably shorter than the 330RX I played last year.
Callaway Epic 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6S
Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
Callaway XR 5 wood
Titleist 913H 21* hybrid
Ping i200 Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105S - 4-UW
Titleist Vokey SM6 54* and 58* S200
Evnroll ER8 33"

2

#33 Maximilian

Maximilian

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106865
  • Joined: 04/25/2010
  • Location:Stockholm, Sweden
GolfWRX Likes : 483

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:30 PM

I still haven't tried these yet, but will most likely pick some up for the weekend. I know I should probably just ignore the marketing talk on these (and any ball, club, shaft, whatever), but have to ask:

They say the B X is straight, but sacrifices a little distance. Are they saying that because most people need more spin, or is there anything else going on with it that would make it shorter? I'm a high spin player...

Thanks,
M

3

#34 matchavez

matchavez

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105858
  • Joined: 04/05/2010
  • Location:Aotearoa New Zealand
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:28 PM

View Posthound25, on 29 May 2018 - 05:23 AM, said:

Direct through Bridgestone which is actually through shopatron. I ordered 2 dozen yellow Bx, but received the Bxs. Contacted Bridgestone and returned them for a refund because Bridgestone could not provide the Bx!  They told me that shopatron stores the balls for them and there was no way that Bridgestone could provide me the correct balls. They said I needed to place a new order to get the correct ones. I said, 'so Bridgestone does not have the ability to correct this mistake in house, and has to rely on someone else to make it right?'  I was told yes, they couldn't do anything other than the refund. Customer service is severely lacking...they also didn't refund shipping costs until I called and told them it was ridiculous to expect me to eat shipping costs when I don't have the product and it was Bridgestones mistake!  Needless to say, I didn't place a new order. Love the ball and may pick them up in a store, but didn't like doing business online with them.

I just did the same. If they send me XS I'm going to be PEEVED.

4

#35 ShortGameJunkie

ShortGameJunkie

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 496816
  • Joined: 03/21/2018
  • Location:PA
  • Handicap:8.4
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:58 PM

View PostMaximilian, on 29 May 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

I still haven't tried these yet, but will most likely pick some up for the weekend. I know I should probably just ignore the marketing talk on these (and any ball, club, shaft, whatever), but have to ask:

They say the B X is straight, but sacrifices a little distance. Are they saying that because most people need more spin, or is there anything else going on with it that would make it shorter? I'm a high spin player...

Thanks,
M

Iíve never seen anything saying it sacrifices distance. IMO they did a poor job with the packaging as far as providing info. Iíve talked about his in another thread but basically they have the same characteristics as the previous version. B X is lower spin so in theory it should go a bit straighter but no it will not be shorter unless you suffer from excessively low spin. Around the green the spin should be the same as itís really just the cover at that point which is obviously urethane, plus Iíve heard the spin around the green is better than some other low spin model urethane balls.

Driver: 2016 M2 10.5* Fukijura pro 60 S

3wood: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 15* Matrix Ozik Red Tie S

3 hybrid: Ping G 19* Alta 70 S

4i: Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal C-Taper Lite S

5-GW: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged C-Taper Lite S

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 54* & 60*

Putter: 2018 Newport 34Ē

5

#36 trackcoach13

trackcoach13

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73092
  • Joined: 01/17/2009
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:02 PM

I played the Tour B XS today and it is an excellent ball. Long off the tee and good spin into and around the green. Will play it some more to see if the long drives today were a fluke. I hit to some places I do not normally reach and it happened on 4 different holes.
Driver: Cobra F8 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2/3H: Cobra Amp Cell set to 3+ or 2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW   DG S300 AMT
Wedges: 56/11 and 60/09 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind w/KBS Tour Hi Rev
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

6

#37 ShortGameJunkie

ShortGameJunkie

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 496816
  • Joined: 03/21/2018
  • Location:PA
  • Handicap:8.4
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:19 AM

View Posttrackcoach13, on 29 May 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

I played the Tour B XS today and it is an excellent ball. Long off the tee and good spin into and around the green. Will play it some more to see if the long drives today were a fluke. I hit to some places I do not normally reach and it happened on 4 different holes.

I have noticed some increase as well. Played the RX and RXS last year along side chrome soft and they were identical in distance and now the BXS and RX is always past the chrome soft. Not talking anything huge but if either ball out did one another it was always the bstone
Driver: 2016 M2 10.5* Fukijura pro 60 S

3wood: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 15* Matrix Ozik Red Tie S

3 hybrid: Ping G 19* Alta 70 S

4i: Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal C-Taper Lite S

5-GW: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged C-Taper Lite S

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 54* & 60*

Putter: 2018 Newport 34Ē

7

#38 Maximilian

Maximilian

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106865
  • Joined: 04/25/2010
  • Location:Stockholm, Sweden
GolfWRX Likes : 483

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:22 AM

View PostShortGameJunkie, on 29 May 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

View PostMaximilian, on 29 May 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

I still haven't tried these yet, but will most likely pick some up for the weekend. I know I should probably just ignore the marketing talk on these (and any ball, club, shaft, whatever), but have to ask:

They say the B X is straight, but sacrifices a little distance. Are they saying that because most people need more spin, or is there anything else going on with it that would make it shorter? I'm a high spin player...

Thanks,
M

Iíve never seen anything saying it sacrifices distance. IMO they did a poor job with the packaging as far as providing info. Iíve talked about his in another thread but basically they have the same characteristics as the previous version. B X is lower spin so in theory it should go a bit straighter but no it will not be shorter unless you suffer from excessively low spin. Around the green the spin should be the same as itís really just the cover at that point which is obviously urethane, plus Iíve heard the spin around the green is better than some other low spin model urethane balls.

Thanks, pretty much my thinking too. They are marketing the XS as the max distance ball and the X as the most accurate alternative, but I guess marketing the XS as a spinnier ball doesn't sound as sexy.

Looking forward to trying the X soon!

8

#39 AmazinBlue

AmazinBlue

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93222
  • Joined: 08/29/2009
  • Location:Jackson, MI
  • Ebay ID:welchjs
GolfWRX Likes : 330

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:41 AM

I am waiting on 2 doz Tour B X to be delivered.  I have been playing the AVX all season and like it, but I have always been more of a fan of Bridgestone balls and the idea of a very low spin ball off the driver intrigues me.  At $35 per dozen it just makes sense
Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* Aldila R.I.P. Beta 60 Stiff 44.5" 14g weight back
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 16.5* 4w Aldila Rogue Silver 70g S
Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* PX LZ 75g Stiff
Callaway Apex Hybrid 23* Kuro Kage 80 Hy stiff
Taylormade P770 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Vokey SM6 48* F Grind Steel Gray
Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
Vokey SM6 58*/08* M Tour Chrome
TM Tour Spider Black 34.25" 2* flat 2x 14g weights
Titleist AVX (Bridgestone Tour B X)

9

#40 ShortGameJunkie

ShortGameJunkie

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 496816
  • Joined: 03/21/2018
  • Location:PA
  • Handicap:8.4
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

View PostMaximilian, on 30 May 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

View PostShortGameJunkie, on 29 May 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

View PostMaximilian, on 29 May 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

I still haven't tried these yet, but will most likely pick some up for the weekend. I know I should probably just ignore the marketing talk on these (and any ball, club, shaft, whatever), but have to ask:

They say the B X is straight, but sacrifices a little distance. Are they saying that because most people need more spin, or is there anything else going on with it that would make it shorter? I'm a high spin player...

Thanks,
M

Iíve never seen anything saying it sacrifices distance. IMO they did a poor job with the packaging as far as providing info. Iíve talked about his in another thread but basically they have the same characteristics as the previous version. B X is lower spin so in theory it should go a bit straighter but no it will not be shorter unless you suffer from excessively low spin. Around the green the spin should be the same as itís really just the cover at that point which is obviously urethane, plus Iíve heard the spin around the green is better than some other low spin model urethane balls.

Thanks, pretty much my thinking too. They are marketing the XS as the max distance ball and the X as the most accurate alternative, but I guess marketing the XS as a spinnier ball doesn't sound as sexy.

Looking forward to trying the X soon!

Exactly. Their strategy information wise is very odd. Itís like they are afraid to narrow a ball down or something.

My theory:

Tour BX: generally known as the firmer ball with less spin but market it as feel + accuracy. They throw feel in there because they donít want turn someone off to a firmer ball.

Tour BXS: generally known as the softer spinnier version. They market it as distance + feel. They throw distance in there because they donít want the spinnier version to seem like itís shorter.

Now they arenít necessarily wrong with saying feel for the X because they did make it feel softer this year, and the XS is not shy of distance but this is really not the most accurate way to describe or market the balls.

Driver: 2016 M2 10.5* Fukijura pro 60 S

3wood: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 15* Matrix Ozik Red Tie S

3 hybrid: Ping G 19* Alta 70 S

4i: Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal C-Taper Lite S

5-GW: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged C-Taper Lite S

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 54* & 60*

Putter: 2018 Newport 34Ē

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Maximilian

Maximilian

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106865
  • Joined: 04/25/2010
  • Location:Stockholm, Sweden
GolfWRX Likes : 483

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Got a pack of X balls and played nine holes by myself today comparing it shot for shot against a ProV1. Two par threeís, but hit driver on all others even though I normally donít on three of them. Not one single time did I manage to make perfect contact with both balls with my driver! :-X

I really didnít see any notable difference between them on irons or wedges. They feel differently though and I got to say I kind of like the way the X feels. Will be testing more, but at least Iím not at all disappointed with it so far. Gotta go see our pro and have him look at my driver swing though. :-)

11

#42 Sunster

Sunster

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338669
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Ottawa
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

In my quest to replace my Nike Rzn tour blacks, I played the BX along side the Srixon z star xv and found them to be very similar in their feel both in driving and putting.
Equally straight/ low spinning with the driver.
However the Srixon is significantly cheaper which gives it the edge for me
Taylormade M2 Driver Hzrdus Red
Callaway X2Hot with Aldila Tour Blue 4 wood
Ping G25 20*, 23* hybrids,
Srixon Z545 5-A irons in Nippon Pro 8950GH
Cleveland 588 RTX-3 CB 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Damascus #9HT

12

#43 gatorMD

gatorMD

    Hacker-in-Chief

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,770 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487980
  • Joined: 12/03/2017
  • Location:St. Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1913

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

Tour BX is a great ball.
Driver: TM M2 Tour 9.5 AD MT 6TX
3W: TM M2 Tour 15 AD MT 7X
Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/20 Blueboard X
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW Tour V X
Wedges: SM6 50F and 54S DG100; SM5 60K DGS400
Putter: Odyssey White Hot RX Rossie Putter
Ball: Titleist AVX
Grips: Grip Master Signature
Glove: Titleist Perma Soft

13

#44 tipperi

tipperi

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 418614
  • Joined: 04/01/2016
  • Location:MD
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:53 AM

Played the Tour BX in a 4 man scramble last week and it was a very good ball for my game.  Low spin off the driver, yet had that nice tight controlled spin off of mid and short irons.  Putted much softer than I thought it would and had very good feel.  Going to put it back in play again this weekend but really liked the early results.

14

#45 mn44

mn44

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436858
  • Joined: 08/16/2016
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

The BXS is out of this world good. As long as tp5x off the tee but it is the softest feeling ball off the putter that I have used.

Callaway Epic 8*, GD AD TP 7x
TM M2 15*, Diamana Kai'Li 80x
Titleist T-MB 2 iron, PX LZ 6.5
Mizuno MP5 3-PW, PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM6 50, 55, 60
Scotty Newport Fastback

15

#46 rxk9fan

rxk9fan

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479792
  • Joined: 08/22/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 311

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:51 AM

For the first time I went through lot of effort in picking a golf ball this year....and a lot of time.  The TP5 was the winner.  Then a couple of weeks ago the BX S was on sale and I grabbed some for half the price of the TM.  I am not very price sensitive when it comes to golf, but the price gave me an excuse to really play multiple rounds vs hours of testing ball against ball.
Now I am thinking that the TP5 and BX S are dual favorites LOL.  They fit my game very well!  I think I will buy 2 dozen more at these prices as I really do like them.  I did play 9 holes with the BX S, TP5, and TP5x all in play for every shot.  Distance was so close I just threw that parameter out of the evaluation process.  Feel, all good with TP5 the softest, TP5x the firmest, and the BX S in the middle.  I could be very happy with all!

PS: Really not half the price, more like 25% off.  My exaggeration :-)

Edited by rxk9fan, 21 June 2018 - 01:54 PM.

TM M3 with Motore Speeder VC 6.3 Tour Spec Stiff played at 44.5
Callaway 15 degree SZ with Yellow Hzd. stiff playing 1/2 inch short
Titleist 816 19 degree with Speeder Tour Spec Stiff
Titleist 816 23 degree with Speeder Tour Spec Stiff
5- UW Ping i200 with Modus 105 S
Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 56SS and 60ES
TM Spider Tour Red

16

#47 Therealpatgiles

Therealpatgiles

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 495858
  • Joined: 03/10/2018
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:38 PM

Budget golf has em on sale
Taylormade m3 9.5
Taylormade m4 3 wood
Taylormade p790 18 degree
Epon af 503 4-w
Vokey sm7 48 54 60
Epon i33 rose gold putter

17

#48 gs1184

gs1184

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322101
  • Joined: 06/19/2014
  • Location:Augusta, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

Let me give my 2 cents on the Tour BX.

I have played the B330 in the past and liked it. Only minor complaint is that it was a little firm on the greens. The Tour BX fixes that nicely. It has an amazing feel off the putter. It performs very similar to the B330, but with a softer feel. It feels like they took the B330 and put a softer core in it.

While I still have alot of Chrome Soft, Chrome soft X and Tour preferred X left in my bag, I think the Tour BX has earned a spot in my bag.
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero - Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75  6.0
Callaway XR-16 3 wood - Fujikura Speeder
TaylorMade M1 19* 3H - Mitsubishi Kuro Kage HY Stiff
Callaway 2013 X-forged 4-PW - ProjectX 5.5
Cleveland RBX-3 52, 56, 60
Odyssey Black Series 2 putter
Balls: Callaway Chrome Soft-X/Chrome Soft Truvis
Taylormade Tour preferred X
Bridgestone Tour Bx

18

#49 painter

painter

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38187
  • Joined: 08/25/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:42 PM

Today, I hit a normal approach with a sand wedge and when I got to the green, my Tour BSX had a little chip missing from the cover. Since it was a lift-clean-place day after much rain, I had just cleaned it and no chip was present. Just one small anecdotal occurrence, and one ball thrown into the woods. Never had that happen with years of Pro V 1s. Back to Titleist!

19

#50 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2398

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:16 AM

View Postgs1184, on 24 June 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

Let me give my 2 cents on the Tour BX.

I have played the B330 in the past and liked it. Only minor complaint is that it was a little firm on the greens. The Tour BX fixes that nicely. It has an amazing feel off the putter. It performs very similar to the B330, but with a softer feel. It feels like they took the B330 and put a softer core in it.

While I still have alot of Chrome Soft, Chrome soft X and Tour preferred X left in my bag, I think the Tour BX has earned a spot in my bag.
I had the same exact experience with the B330. I switched to the TPx and played it for years. I recently bought some BXS and found it too soinny for my liking so I got some BX. Itís everything I liked about the B330 but they made it a little softer. I might have finally found a replacement for the TPx.

Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 wgpinc

wgpinc

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304383
  • Joined: 03/29/2014
  • Location:SF Bay Area
  • Handicap:15
  • Ebay ID:dongilberto
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

Tiger Woods plays the Bridgestone Tour B XS.  Bryson DeChambeau plays the Tour B X.  They are supposed to be testing each other's ball for Ryder Cup competition.
https://www.golfchan...ls-ahead-paris/

21

#52 matchavez

matchavez

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105858
  • Joined: 04/05/2010
  • Location:Aotearoa New Zealand
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted Yesterday, 01:32 AM

If Tiger wins tomorrow, Bryson will play whatever he is told to play.

Besides, there is very little between the two. I play the X for exactly those reasons, but do not mess with Tigerís Mojo, Bry.

22



3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users


    5yddraw

GolfWRX Sponsors