Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best club fitting in SE Michigan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Goldhawk

Goldhawk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 498464
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

I have has some lessons and my swing is much improved - So now I'm looking to get a fitting
I'm most interested in a Driver fitting as my instructor made some changes to my irons already (lie, length, grip etc), and my driver is the oldest club in my bag by quite a bit.

So what is the best fitter in South East Michigan?
I've seen other topics on this subject, but Club Champion has just opened in the area, so they aren't mentioned in the old threads.

Top places seem to be; Carls Golfland, Miles of Golf and Club Champion.
I'm open to an other options as well

I'm not going into this convinced that I'm definitely going to buy a new driver, but I am very interested in the data. I've never had any kind of data collected from my swing, so I have no idea where my spin numbers are, launch angle, AoA, etc... Looking for some more ways to make my game better, or at least learn more about it.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 UnderParfect

UnderParfect

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447058
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:06 PM

Miles of Golf has my vote just due to the amount of shafts available to try. Carlís is good, but when I asked for specific shafts they didnít have them available or only in one weight and flex. I am closer to Carlís and spend much time there, but always made the drive to Miles for the options.
Titleist 917D2 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60S
Titleist 917F2 16.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70S
Titleist 915H 18 & 24 - Dia Blue 70S
716 AP2 5-PW - Steelfiber i95 Stiff
Vokey SM5 49, 54, 59 - Steelfiber i125 Stiff
Scotty Cameron C&C M2
Titleist AVX or Tour BXS

#3 rpaige88

rpaige88

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173698
GolfWRX Likes : 254

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:36 PM

View PostUnderParfect, on 16 April 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Miles of Golf has my vote just due to the amount of shafts available to try. Carl's is good, but when I asked for specific shafts they didn't have them available or only in one weight and flex. I am closer to Carl's and spend much time there, but always made the drive to Miles for the options.

I would go Miles as well. Ive been fitted at both locations and I feel like Miles is slightly better overall as far as club/shaft options go.  You wont be disappointed in either place
Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
Bettinardi Signature Series 7

#4 Golfdoctor

Golfdoctor

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73113
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:23 AM

Miles by far, Carls is a great place if you know what you already want but for fitting Miles is the place to go. Miles charge $50 for a complete driver fitting but 100% goes towards the driver, as Carls only a portion goes towards the purchase.

#5 Golfdoctor

Golfdoctor

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73113
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:34 AM

Another place that I've used and really like the guys that work there and because there's NO pressure in buying is Pro Golf in Southgate. It's a small place (mom & pop shop) but they know their stuff, and the manufactures reps seam to hang out there to.

#6 wbond

wbond

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47497
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:30 AM

I haven't been there in ages.  I bought my first set of clubs from them about 25 years ago, back when there used to be a lot of companies in the golf game.  I know they had the hitting area on the side, are they doing full fittings now with different shaft combinations?  I remember they would also have that balloon sale, never did get more than 10% off.

View PostGolfdoctor, on 17 April 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

Another place that I've used and really like the guys that work there and because there's NO pressure in buying is Pro Golf in Southgate. It's a small place (mom & pop shop) but they know their stuff, and the manufactures reps seam to hang out there to.

Edited by wbond, 17 April 2018 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors