Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Miura ICL-601 Hosel Diameter


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lettucebcereal

lettucebcereal

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135933
  • Joined: 08/10/2011
  • Location:Northern VA
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:28 PM

I recently bought a used Miura ICL-601 driving iron and I want to reshaft it, but does anyone happen to know what the hosel diameter on it is?

Appreciate any help!

Ping G400 Max 10.5° Project X Hzrdus Yellow 76
Ping G400 Stretch 14° Grafalloy Epic
Mizuno MP H4 18° Aerotech Steelfiber i80
Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-GW Aerotech Steelfiber i80
Fourteen DJ22 54°, 58° Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH
Odyssey O-Works Tank #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 That Bob Guy

That Bob Guy

    Never settle!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125497
  • Joined: 03/29/2011
  • Location:Saint John, New Brunswick
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 331

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

It takes a .335T tip shaft.

2

#3 lettucebcereal

lettucebcereal

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135933
  • Joined: 08/10/2011
  • Location:Northern VA
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:17 PM

View PostThat Bob Guy, on 16 April 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

It takes a .335T tip shaft.

Thank you!
Ping G400 Max 10.5° Project X Hzrdus Yellow 76
Ping G400 Stretch 14° Grafalloy Epic
Mizuno MP H4 18° Aerotech Steelfiber i80
Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-GW Aerotech Steelfiber i80
Fourteen DJ22 54°, 58° Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH
Odyssey O-Works Tank #7

3

#4 swgolf12

swgolf12

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140687
  • Joined: 10/01/2011
  • Ebay ID:officialgolfguru
GolfWRX Likes : 279

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

If it's like Miura's irons they come .350 tip and require drilling/reaming to appropriate diameter.
M3 440 Kiyoshi Black 75
R15 3HL 869 Tour Spec 4.0
Vapor Fly Pro 3 Aldila RIP 115 Tour
Titleist T-MB 4 TIX100 HS1X
VR Forged 5-9 X7
Nike VR Forged 48* X7
SSC Don White Grind 53/58 S400
PM Grind 64 PX 7.0
Studio Design 1.5 Circle T/Scotty Fastback 1.5/Scotty Catalina Two Welded Neck

4

#5 Violet07

Violet07

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 498282
  • Joined: 04/08/2018
  • Location:USA
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

Do we have a definitive on this? I have the 20* with an Oban 115x to match my irons but am interested in changing it out to something graphite. .335?


5

#6 Violet07

Violet07

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 498282
  • Joined: 04/08/2018
  • Location:USA
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:47 PM

I emailed Miura and they responded saying it takes a .370 tip... so...

6

#7 That Bob Guy

That Bob Guy

    Never settle!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125497
  • Joined: 03/29/2011
  • Location:Saint John, New Brunswick
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 331

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:27 AM

View PostViolet07, on 27 April 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

I emailed Miura and they responded saying it takes a .370 tip... so...
What, the ICL? I've done 2 so far. Both needed reaming. Built one with a PX 6.0 .355T, and one with an XCaliber Tour Hybrid .370.
I've not seen anything in a Miura iron or hybrid that is .370. Yet, anyway. But I've also never seen a head that didn't require reaming.

7

#8 Violet07

Violet07

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 498282
  • Joined: 04/08/2018
  • Location:USA
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

View PostThat Bob Guy, on 02 May 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

View PostViolet07, on 27 April 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

I emailed Miura and they responded saying it takes a .370 tip... so...
What, the ICL? I've done 2 so far. Both needed reaming. Built one with a PX 6.0 .355T, and one with an XCaliber Tour Hybrid .370.
I've not seen anything in a Miura iron or hybrid that is .370. Yet, anyway. But I've also never seen a head that didn't require reaming.
Just telling you what he emailed me. Question though, if my ICL has a .335 currently installed and I pull it to swap in a .370, will I have to ream the hosel?

8

#9 That Bob Guy

That Bob Guy

    Never settle!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125497
  • Joined: 03/29/2011
  • Location:Saint John, New Brunswick
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 331

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:03 AM

View PostViolet07, on 02 May 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostThat Bob Guy, on 02 May 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

View PostViolet07, on 27 April 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

I emailed Miura and they responded saying it takes a .370 tip... so...
What, the ICL? I've done 2 so far. Both needed reaming. Built one with a PX 6.0 .355T, and one with an XCaliber Tour Hybrid .370.
I've not seen anything in a Miura iron or hybrid that is .370. Yet, anyway. But I've also never seen a head that didn't require reaming.
Just telling you what he emailed me. Question though, if my ICL has a .335 currently installed and I pull it to swap in a .370, will I have to ream the hosel?
Yes. And easily done with a hand chuck and reamer (Golfworks)

9



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors