Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Travel Advice to Ireland for The Open at Royal Portrush

Travel Ireland Royal Portrush The Open

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 498468
  • Handicap:6.2
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:47 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm planning my trip to Ireland for the 148th Open Championship at Royal Portrush in 2019. I'll be coming from the United States and I'm looking for some suggestions/best practices from folks who have taken a similar trip before. My main question is, are the all inclusive packages offered by some companies the best route to take or should I try to plan it all on my own? The packages are pretty tempting in that I wouldn't have to worry about lodging, meals, tickets, and travel to and from the event. If this is the route to go, who are some of the best companies to book with? I'm not familiar with any of them. This will be my first time visiting anywhere outside of the US. I plan on visiting for 2 weeks and I will be traveling alone. The entire first week is dedicated to The Open and then the next week is dedicated to traveling to other areas (Scotland, Amsterdam, London, etc.). It seems like an all inclusive package to The Open is the path of least stress for that first week and then just plan everything else on my own for that 2nd week of travel. Just looking for some reassurance. Thanks for any and all help and advice.

Current WITB:

TaylorMade M3 10.5* Driver - Zeus LT Tour Prototype
TEE EX9 15* 3w - Matrix Ozik White Tie
Callaway X-Prototype MB 3-PW - DG Tour Issue S400
Titleist Vokey SM6 Black 52, 56, 60 - KBS 125g Hi Rev 2.0
Odyssey Protype #9 340g w/ SuperStroke 3.0

Other Sets in Rotation:

Vega RAF-M 3-PW DG Tour Issue S400
Titleist 690.MB 3-PW DG Tour Issue S400

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 adschus

adschus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442448
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:50 PM

These travel companies are VERY expensive compared to what you can do on your own. If you're comfortable with doing the research and booking everything, then I suggest that route. If you don't care about saving the extra $$ then book through a tour company. I'll see you there. Plan to stay in County Down, golf a few times at RCD and Ardglass then head up for Tuesday practice and Friday or Saturday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors