Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Game Golf Live vs Game Golf Pro/ Arccos 360

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 MCGolfTM

MCGolfTM

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436278
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

It seems the Game Golf Live price has been reduced for a while now and at $99 seems like a good tracking device compared to the cost of Arccos 360.

I am hearing that Game Golf Pro is coming this month at a price tag of $300 and is very comparable to Arccos 360 and does not need the club tagging of the Game Golf Live.

Has anyone use the Game Golf Live and will it still be a supported system, and worth the $99 over waiting for the new system at $300?

I have been using MyRoundPro and really like stats it’s provides as well as the GUI, but it can be difficult to keep tagging all your shots, and I feel it takes me out of the game.

I feel for $99 the belt tagging system for Game Golf Live is pretty good and a lot easier than using the phone the whole round. But would that $99 be better spent towards the Pro, or is Game Golf Live still a good system for that price?

I don’t need it to be the best out there, that’s why I am looking at the older model, but I would like to get basic benchmarks on my stats to get a better perspective of my rounds. I feel knowing what is actually going on out there compared to what I think, is very important.

Edited by MCGolfTM, 16 April 2018 - 08:07 AM.

TM M3 460 9.5* Fujikura Pro73
TM M4 3HL 16.5* Fujikura Pro73
TM P790 UDI 17* PX HZRDUS Black 85
TM M2 Tour 4-9 KBS C-Taper 105
TM P770 PW KBS FLT
TM Milled Grind 50/54 KBS 610
TM Hi-Toe 60 KBS 610
TM Spider Tour Black Putter
TM TP5x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 zachcuden

zachcuden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431870
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostMCGolfTM, on 16 April 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

It seems the Game Golf Live price has been reduced for a while now and at $99 seems like a good tracking device compared to the cost of Arccos 360.

I am hearing that Game Golf Pro is coming this month at a price tag of $300 and is very comparable to Arccos 360 and does not need the club tagging of the Game Golf Live.

Has anyone use the Game Golf Live and will it still be a supported system, and worth the $99 over waiting for the new system at $300?

I have been using MyRoundPro and really like stats it’s provides as well as the GUI, but it can be difficult to keep tagging all your shots, and I feel it takes me out of the game.

I feel for $99 the belt tagging system for Game Golf Live is pretty good and a lot easier than using the phone the whole round. But would that $99 be better spent towards the Pro, or is Game Golf Live still a good system for that price?

I don’t need it to be the best out there, that’s why I am looking at the older model, but I would like to get basic benchmarks on my stats to get a better perspective of my rounds. I feel knowing what is actually going on out there compared to what I think, is very important.

I'd say it is pretty worth it even just using it for fun. But if you're pretty set on getting one of the devices regardless, I have some info that may help you out. I have the game golf live and I asked the game golf customer service people if theyll have a trade in upgrade deal special thing and they said yes. So you game golf live will still have some value when/if you decide to upgrade (according to them anyway).

#3 dsmil

dsmil

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130650
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

I have the original Game Golf Classic and it's great.  It's fun (or painful) to review your rounds and I like looking at the strokes gained stats.  It looks like the Pro version won't need you to touch the sensor and will give you some tips on strategy, but $200 more is a lot.  I'd just go with the Live version, which is great for $100, and if you want to upgrade at some point, wait until the Pro version drops in price.
Cobra King LTD Dr- Matrix Black Tie 65M4 (67g)
Cobra King LTD 3/4 - Matrix VLCT ST 82 (77g)
TM Jetspeed Hybrid 19* - Matrix Studio 94 (96g)  
TM Jetspeed Hybrid 22* - Matrix Ozik HD Program 95 (99g)
Cleveland 588 CB 4-PW - DG S300
Cleveland 588 RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 60*
Evnroll ER7

#4 Ryan5508

Ryan5508

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 301455
  • Ebay ID:Ryan5508
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

I have had classic and live.

Between the two go classic and save some money. it was faster to connect to gps and had less issues with tagging. At least between the two I had.

I find the data and updates to be lacking. They have really not done anything to improve the stats or data since the live came out.
Ping G400 Max - Kuro Kage XD 70g
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 3 wood - Aldila RIP Beta 70g
Mizuno Mp18's PW - 3i - DG X100
Titleist SM6 56 & 60 / SM7 50
Evnroll ER2

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero - Tensei pro white 70g
Callaway APEX Hybrid 2 - Aldila RIP Alpha 85g
Callaway
RSX Milled #7

#5 Trane5

Trane5

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47871
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:55 PM

You might check out Shot Scope V2. No tagging or phone! It comes with a GPS watch that is quite accurate and updates very quickly. One of the coolest features is the PIN COLLECT feature! When you are on the green the GPS watch changes to PIN COLLECT mode. When you hole out your final putt, just select how many putts it took you to finish and you select the appropriate button over the cup....which will mark a way point where the cup is located. This is very important for all serious stat trackers and pro-like analytics. I used to own Arcoss, but you had to pace of your putts and mark the hole of each green on paper and then edit afterwards at home. This was a lot of work and took away from my interactions with my buddies. Plus, with Arcoss I had to keep my phone on me with each swing......I don't like this! Shot Scope V2 is the perfect solution! On a side note, their customer service has been outstanding with updating a course for me in a single day so that it will be ready for an upcoming tourney! Check them out on YouTube! Good luck!

Edited by Trane5, 16 April 2018 - 11:56 PM.

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Talylormade M2 - Stiff
3W - Taylormade M2 - Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - PING Ketsch
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - ProV1, Kirkland Signature (KSIG), Taylormade Tour Preferred X, Srixon Z Star
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

#6 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 6498

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

View PostTrane5, on 16 April 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

You might check out Shot Scope V2. No tagging or phone! It comes with a GPS watch that is quite accurate and updates very quickly. One of the coolest features is the PIN COLLECT feature! When you are on the green the GPS watch changes to PIN COLLECT mode. When you hole out your final putt, just select how many putts it took you to finish and you select the appropriate button over the cup....which will mark a way point where the cup is located. This is very important for all serious stat trackers and pro-like analytics. I used to own Arcoss, but you had to pace of your putts and mark the hole of each green on paper and then edit afterwards at home. This was a lot of work and took away from my interactions with my buddies. Plus, with Arcoss I had to keep my phone on me with each swing......I don't like this! Shot Scope V2 is the perfect solution! On a side note, their customer service has been outstanding with updating a course for me in a single day so that it will be ready for an upcoming tourney! Check them out on YouTube! Good luck!

Does it waypoint the spot from which you were putting as well as the hole location? Does it detect the putting stroke like it would a full swing?
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#7 CFH

CFH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 347875
  • Handicap:24
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:19 AM

View PostNorth Butte, on 17 April 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Does it waypoint the spot from which you were putting as well as the hole location? Does it detect the putting stroke like it would a full swing?

it has a tag on the putter and it knows where your put came from and the pin position if you use pin collect. So you can get great putting stats on the dashboard showing the distances of all you puts

#8 Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 172959
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:05 AM

I looked at the Shotscope V2, but the watch looks huge.  And I don't really care about having a GPS watch either.  The new game golf looks the most promising.  No tagging, no phone in the pocket, just play.

#9 Trane5

Trane5

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

View PostNorth Butte, on 17 April 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Yes to both questions!
What's In My Bag:

Putter - PING Ketsch
Ball - ProV1, Kirkland Signature (KSIG), Taylormade Tour Preferred X, Srixon Z Star

#10 Trane5

Trane5

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

View PostJack Daniels, on 17 April 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

I looked at the Shotscope V2, but the watch looks huge.  And I don't really care about having a GPS watch either.  The new game golf looks the most promising.  No tagging, no phone in the pocket, just play.

Except you will have to manually move the hole location or the shots gained analysis are erroneous.

What's In My Bag:

Putter - PING Ketsch

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

Any of

Trane5, on 17 April 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

Jack Daniels, on 17 April 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

Except you will have to manually move the hole location or the shots gained analysis are erroneous.

Any of these methods have significant (IMHO) limitations for serious game-analysis purposes. But the two biggies in Game Golf are and have always been not tagging where the hole is located and not distinguishing between "obstructed" or "recovery" shots and those from the rough.

I doubt very much any GPS+maps based system is going to solve the second problem but it really, really makes sense to tag or waypoint the damned hole! That is like trivially solvable yet Game Golf is coming out with their third version and still no attempt to manage the hole location other than guesswork.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#12 Duke of Hazards

Duke of Hazards

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57683
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:12 PM

I agree that with the above that there are limitations on accuracy, especially the closer you get to the hole.   With GPS currently being limited in accuracy (+/- 3-4m), even with +GLONASS, I'm not sure how accurate ShotScope really is (users can chime in).

However, from what I've gathered, Game Golf uses some kind of predictive analytics to estimate the location of the pin based on multiple users' data for that course/date.   That being said, until GPS gets super accurate in consumer devices (which is happening... next few years should see pretty big jumps in GPS accuracy), one could argue that Game Golf's system of hole location estimation might be as accurate as ShotScope's, simply with the maturity of that platform and the number of users.

#13 Trane5

Trane5

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

There is absolutely no way you can guess(predict) where the pin is. I agree with all the above comments about GPS accuracy for civilian use. This will effect all measurements from tee to green by the same (+/- yards). I’ve used Shotscope 3 rounds and a 9 hole round. It’s amazing how accurate the pin location is when looking at the map. Way better than a guess or algorithm IMO.
What's In My Bag:

Putter - PING Ketsch

#14 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

Duke of Hazards, on 17 April 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

I agree that with the above that there are limitations on accuracy, especially the closer you get to the hole.   With GPS currently being limited in accuracy (+/- 3-4m), even with +GLONASS, I'm not sure how accurate ShotScope really is (users can chime in).

However, from what I've gathered, Game Golf uses some kind of predictive analytics to estimate the location of the pin based on multiple users' data for that course/date.   That being said, until GPS gets super accurate in consumer devices (which is happening... next few years should see pretty big jumps in GPS accuracy), one could argue that Game Golf's system of hole location estimation might be as accurate as ShotScope's, simply with the maturity of that platform and the number of users.

There have been about 40-50 rounds of golf from my home course ever posted to Game Golf. One of them from someone I don’t know (probably a guest) and the rest from me. There isn’t any Big Data algorithm that will shed light on where the holes are located if I go out and post another round next week.

#15 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
GolfWRX Likes : 4699

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

Arccos is the superior system and dashboard. I’ve used both systems and Arccos is overwhelmingly the better product across the board. They’re also coming out with a GPS device that negates the use of your phone, and also using an Apple Watch 3 as the GPS device.

#16 snagy2000

snagy2000

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
GolfWRX Likes : 525

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:17 PM

Is there a major difference in the stats each system provides?

#17 fawley

fawley

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3167
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 339

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:29 PM

I tried Arcoss 360, but returned it after one round. I couldnt get used to the sensors on the butt of my clubs.

It may have been in my mind, but I swear the clubs felt different from the extra 7 grams above the grip. I put 10 gram counter weights in my wedges to bring the swing weight back to D6, and could immediately tell the difference, so in retrospect, Im not surprised that the sensors threw off the feel of the club for me.

#18 ilovenewtech

ilovenewtech

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 373955
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

If you are happy to wear something on your wrist I would go with Shot Scope.

PinCollect is a major plus and their accuracy is very good. Fully automatic tracking and you don't need your phone plus they just upgraded their dashboard which has some really cool stats and you can filter until your heart is content.

#19 dhartmann34

dhartmann34

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51852
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

ilovenewtech, on 18 April 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

If you are happy to wear something on your wrist I would go with Shot Scope.

PinCollect is a major plus and their accuracy is very good. Fully automatic tracking and you don't need your phone plus they just upgraded their dashboard which has some really cool stats and you can filter until your heart is content.
Agreed! ShotScope V2 all the way!

#20 carcharodon1977

carcharodon1977

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386320
  • Handicap:17.9
  • Ebay ID:meanmrbiscuit
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

I have the one that tags your Android phone using NFC. Had it for a season, correctly tagged one round.  Not worth the hassle.  Ssupport take a few days/weeks to get back to you, ask for log submissions but there are never ending issues.  Two tags caps fell off, so the batteries are in the bottom of my golf bag.  Poor quality.  Save your $99. Buy something else.

Game Golf Androind NFC tags.

Cobra Fly-Z+ 11.5* Matrix OZIK White Tie 55X4 @ 45.5"  or 8.5 UST Mamiya Competition 65 @ 44.25"
Cobra F7 (3/4 Wood) 14.5* Fujikura Pro 65 Stiff
Cobra F7 (5/6 Wood) 17* Matrix Red Tie Stiff
Dynacaft 18* Driving Iron UST Mamiya Competition Series Stiff
Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-Pw Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
TaylorMade Ghost Spider S 35"
Callaway MD3 50* 54* 58*
Costco Kirkland 4 piece (KSig)

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Kmac

Kmac

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

Maybe ShotScope has worked out all the bugs but I tried it and the watch never connected to GPS. And the watch is the most heinous looking thing you could ever wear on your wrist and I do not exaggerate. Its huge and the screen looks like something from an early Casio trash bin. It all sounded great but I found the product to be very lacking in both functionality and looks/quality. And yes I preloaded the courses and did updates too. Luckily they were nice enough to refund my money. Just my .02

#22 snagy2000

snagy2000

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
GolfWRX Likes : 525

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:22 PM

I hope this is released soon. Website just states "this season", very vague.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors