Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Proud Progress of College Golfer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pwahmy

pwahmy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 422930
  • Handicap:-1
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

I’m not sure if this is even supposed to go in this section of the forums, if not it can be removed. I’m just here to boast a little bit. I took lessons from a coach for the first time ever when I was a junior in high school. He taught restricted hip turn and moving back the left knee in transition. After struggling for over a year and a half I tried to go back to my old swing with no luck although I was still shooting good enough numbers and landed a scholarship to play golf. My first semester my scores weren’t great I was hitting it way shorter than my normal distances. I finally feel like I’m coming over a hill now with my ballstriking, some of my distance is coming back (still not as long as I was two years ago) but it’s getting there. All in all I’m proud of the progress, as I don’t have enough time to practice as a pre-med major. If you’d like to see I’m gonna link some different YouTube videos from me at our school range today. Thanks for reading!

Iron DTL: https://youtu.be/PcL2tG9G8BU
Stinger DTL: https://youtu.be/qjfeSSpMcws
Iron Face On: https://youtu.be/DDg77RjrE78
Driver DTL: https://youtu.be/eoH66r6ttsw

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 carrera

carrera

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139
GolfWRX Likes : 279

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

Cool....looking at your videos I kept thinking I was looking at Dustin Johnson, but then I remembered that you said you were premed in college.  Definitely not DJ in that way.  Have you always set up with a closed stance?  Barefoot and closed stance is old-style...like Sam Snead.

PS - Since you are pre med and potentially writing prescriptions or even just taking chem exams, there is no such handicap as "-1".  Precision in all things will help you on your professional journey.

Good luck.

#3 pwahmy

pwahmy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:19 AM

View Postcarrera, on 15 April 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

Cool....looking at your videos I kept thinking I was looking at Dustin Johnson, but then I remembered that you said you were premed in college.  Definitely not DJ in that way.  Have you always set up with a closed stance?  Barefoot and closed stance is old-style...like Sam Snead.

PS - Since you are pre med and potentially writing prescriptions or even just taking chem exams, there is no such handicap as "-1".  Precision in all things will help you on your professional journey.

Good luck.

I don’t think much about setup (except that I like not having shoes on), ironic I guess when talking about “precision”. Haha, thanks for the heads up on “-1” thing was unaware that was even there. Have a good one!

#4 yellowballs

yellowballs

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426134
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:45 PM

What were you doing that negatively impacted your distance?

#5 pwahmy

pwahmy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

View Postyellowballs, on 16 April 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

Very minimal hip turn and focused far too much on lower body downswing. Trying to transition more into an upper body (arms) focused DS.

#6 yellowballs

yellowballs

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426134
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:16 AM

View Postpwahmy, on 16 April 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

View Postyellowballs, on 16 April 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

Very minimal hip turn and focused far too much on lower body downswing. Trying to transition more into an upper body (arms) focused DS.
Gotcha.  Good luck with golf and school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors