Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Arcoss 360 Reviews


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MCGolfTM

MCGolfTM

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436278
  • Joined: 08/11/2016
  • Location:CT
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

Has anyone used this technology? If so, what are your thoughts? Is it worth the money and time?

I have recently been using the MyRoundPro app from TaylorMade and the information it gives is great compared to other free apps, but it is a pain to have to manually enter everything.

TM M3 460 9.5* Fujikura Pro73
TM M4 3HL 16.5* Fujikura Pro73
TM P790 UDI 17* PX HZRDUS Black 85
TM M2 Tour 4-9 KBS C-Taper 105
TM P770 PW KBS FLT
TM Milled Grind 50/54 KBS 610
TM Hi-Toe 60 KBS 610
TM Spider Tour Black Putter
TM TP5x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 ndlutz

ndlutz

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431632
  • Joined: 07/06/2016
  • Location:PA
  • Handicap:13.6
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

You may get better/deeper results if you search the forum as there have been a number of threads on this.

My opinion, though, is that it's very useful. I bought it last year and it opened my eyes to the fact that I don't hit the ball as far as I thought i did. It has also helped me a bit with club selection and elevation. I pretty much play the same three courses so you would think I would know how to select a club for each hole, however, Arccos provides the cold hard facts for me as to whether I am making good choices.

I also like not fussing over keeping score/stats. For the most part, Arccos does a good job of that for me. I just jot a number on the card quickly and then edit Arccos after the round where there are issues.

I'm not as fond of their new and improved online interface, but I haven't reviewed many rounds with it either. Perhaps I just need to get used to it.

2

#3 MCGolfTM

MCGolfTM

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436278
  • Joined: 08/11/2016
  • Location:CT
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

View Postndlutz, on 15 April 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

You may get better/deeper results if you search the forum as there have been a number of threads on this.

My opinion, though, is that it's very useful. I bought it last year and it opened my eyes to the fact that I don't hit the ball as far as I thought i did. It has also helped me a bit with club selection and elevation. I pretty much play the same three courses so you would think I would know how to select a club for each hole, however, Arccos provides the cold hard facts for me as to whether I am making good choices.

I also like not fussing over keeping score/stats. For the most part, Arccos does a good job of that for me. I just jot a number on the card quickly and then edit Arccos after the round where there are issues.

I'm not as fond of their new and improved online interface, but I haven't reviewed many rounds with it either. Perhaps I just need to get used to it.

Thanks for the input. Have you tried anything similar for swing tracking? Any other competitor sensors out there?

Are there any fees associated with Arccos?
TM M3 460 9.5* Fujikura Pro73
TM M4 3HL 16.5* Fujikura Pro73
TM P790 UDI 17* PX HZRDUS Black 85
TM M2 Tour 4-9 KBS C-Taper 105
TM P770 PW KBS FLT
TM Milled Grind 50/54 KBS 610
TM Hi-Toe 60 KBS 610
TM Spider Tour Black Putter
TM TP5x

3

#4 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
  • Joined: 12/07/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 4696

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

View PostMCGolfTM, on 15 April 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

View Postndlutz, on 15 April 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

You may get better/deeper results if you search the forum as there have been a number of threads on this.

My opinion, though, is that it's very useful. I bought it last year and it opened my eyes to the fact that I don't hit the ball as far as I thought i did. It has also helped me a bit with club selection and elevation. I pretty much play the same three courses so you would think I would know how to select a club for each hole, however, Arccos provides the cold hard facts for me as to whether I am making good choices.

I also like not fussing over keeping score/stats. For the most part, Arccos does a good job of that for me. I just jot a number on the card quickly and then edit Arccos after the round where there are issues.

I'm not as fond of their new and improved online interface, but I haven't reviewed many rounds with it either. Perhaps I just need to get used to it.

Thanks for the input. Have you tried anything similar for swing tracking? Any other competitor sensors out there?

Are there any fees associated with Arccos?

No fees associated with Arccos unless you want to use Arccos Caddy. Itís a cool system, but after a month it wasnít worth it to me since I know my course by heart. If you play a lot of courses, it will be very useful.

And yes, itís well worth it for anybody that likes data. If you have any questions, just quote me and ask.

Edited by Frankensteins Monster, 17 April 2018 - 05:43 PM.


4

#5 MCGolfTM

MCGolfTM

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436278
  • Joined: 08/11/2016
  • Location:CT
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 17 April 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

View PostMCGolfTM, on 15 April 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

View Postndlutz, on 15 April 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

You may get better/deeper results if you search the forum as there have been a number of threads on this.

My opinion, though, is that it's very useful. I bought it last year and it opened my eyes to the fact that I don't hit the ball as far as I thought i did. It has also helped me a bit with club selection and elevation. I pretty much play the same three courses so you would think I would know how to select a club for each hole, however, Arccos provides the cold hard facts for me as to whether I am making good choices.

I also like not fussing over keeping score/stats. For the most part, Arccos does a good job of that for me. I just jot a number on the card quickly and then edit Arccos after the round where there are issues.

I'm not as fond of their new and improved online interface, but I haven't reviewed many rounds with it either. Perhaps I just need to get used to it.

Thanks for the input. Have you tried anything similar for swing tracking? Any other competitor sensors out there?

Are there any fees associated with Arccos?

No fees associated with Arccos unless you want to use Arccos Caddy. It’s a cool system, but after a month it wasn’t worth it to me since I know my course by heart. If you play a lot of courses, it will be very useful.

And yes, it’s well worth it for anybody that likes data. If you have any questions, just quote me and ask.

How does this system compare to Game Golf Live? I know you know to tag your clubs manually, but doesn’t seem that hard. Anyone know how the data is compared to Arccos? Game Golf Live is quite cheap right now.

TM M3 460 9.5* Fujikura Pro73
TM M4 3HL 16.5* Fujikura Pro73
TM P790 UDI 17* PX HZRDUS Black 85
TM M2 Tour 4-9 KBS C-Taper 105
TM P770 PW KBS FLT
TM Milled Grind 50/54 KBS 610
TM Hi-Toe 60 KBS 610
TM Spider Tour Black Putter
TM TP5x

5

#6 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
  • Joined: 12/07/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 4696

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

View PostMCGolfTM, on 17 April 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 17 April 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

View PostMCGolfTM, on 15 April 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

View Postndlutz, on 15 April 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

You may get better/deeper results if you search the forum as there have been a number of threads on this.

My opinion, though, is that it's very useful. I bought it last year and it opened my eyes to the fact that I don't hit the ball as far as I thought i did. It has also helped me a bit with club selection and elevation. I pretty much play the same three courses so you would think I would know how to select a club for each hole, however, Arccos provides the cold hard facts for me as to whether I am making good choices.

I also like not fussing over keeping score/stats. For the most part, Arccos does a good job of that for me. I just jot a number on the card quickly and then edit Arccos after the round where there are issues.

I'm not as fond of their new and improved online interface, but I haven't reviewed many rounds with it either. Perhaps I just need to get used to it.

Thanks for the input. Have you tried anything similar for swing tracking? Any other competitor sensors out there?

Are there any fees associated with Arccos?

No fees associated with Arccos unless you want to use Arccos Caddy. Itís a cool system, but after a month it wasnít worth it to me since I know my course by heart. If you play a lot of courses, it will be very useful.

And yes, itís well worth it for anybody that likes data. If you have any questions, just quote me and ask.

How does this system compare to Game Golf Live? I know you know to tag your clubs manually, but doesnít seem that hard. Anyone know how the data is compared to Arccos? Game Golf Live is quite cheap right now.

Arccosí stats are more in depth, the dashboard is far more appealing and better presented. Tagging clubs is beyond annoying and not something I liked including in my preshot routine. Only downside for Arccos is phone needs to be in from pocket. Itíll miss putts and some chips. You can also use Arccos on ďairplaneĒ mode to save a ton of battery. Download the course, start round, switch to airplane mode. Thatís how I use it. I finish rounds with about 65% battery left.

Edited by Frankensteins Monster, 17 April 2018 - 06:28 PM.


6



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors