Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Where did my game go ??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Matchplay10033

Matchplay10033

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432544
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 349

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:47 PM

I started the year great !  Could not miss the fairway, was not knocking the flag down but hitting greens and two putting.  My short game was saving me when I missed.   I was averaging in the mid 70's.  I was not making many birdies during this period.   Last Saturday I went out and just sort of lost it.   I had 3 doubles on the round a bunch of bogies and ended up shooting an 84.  I played on Tuesday and shot a 46 on the front and ended up shooting a 33 on the back with 5 birdies.    Today went out and had 5 stinking doubles and 4 birdies on my round for an 86.    It feels like I am on the verge of completely losing my game on some holes (the doubles)  and then it comes back.    The only thing that has changed is that i have started playing with better players for money.  These last 3 rounds have been with much better golfers and i do feel slightly anxious.   I am starting to get frustrated because i do not see these guys ever shoot in the mid 80's like i do. Their blow ups are upper 70's low 80's at worst.   When i am playing well i can hang and when things are going bad it looks like i should not even be on the same course with them.    Sorry for the rant... i am sure next week i will be on here posting about how much i love golf

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

Serial Shanker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2185

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:52 PM

We’re all a little crazy for playing this game.

Hang in there, brother.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

#3 RattlesnakeRon

RattlesnakeRon

Student of the Game

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393004
GolfWRX Likes : 542

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostMatchplay10033, on 13 April 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

The only thing that has changed is that i have started playing with better players for money.

“only thing” lol. That’s a huge deal, and nearly universal outcome. Nerves + fear of looking like a bad player = bad scores.  

Stick with it and you’ll become one of those better players. The only way to get over the nerves is to make it routine.

#4 msg

msg

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311243
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

Tell me about it. Last March, after figuring out how to swing indoors, I was hitting every thing pure from wedges, irons, driver. I can spray my club face and I'll hit the center almost every time that I kept sending the picture to my buddies as a warning this coming summer for them to get their money ready because I am collecting!

Well just before March ended, I could not hit anything. Impact is all over the face. I suddenly could not send threats anymore. lol I

Until today, I still haven't found my swing and courses are going to open this weekend. lol

Add my elbow injury that limits me from practicing or even finding my swing or shots back.

Golf is such a cruel sport! Sometimes, most of the time, I ask myself why don't I just give up this game!

#5 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
GolfWRX Likes : 23201

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:26 PM

Mrs. Pelz often says my head is in the stars. This weekend she said "your head is in Uranus."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors