Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best Cart/Carry Bag


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dirkalan

Dirkalan

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 247541
  • Joined: 04/26/2013
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:Dirkalan22
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

So I'll be honest, I hardly ever walk on the golf course anymore. I always have the best intentions of walking more at the beginning of the year but end up taking a cart 95% of the time, if not more. Ok, 100% of the time.

That being said, I think this is the year.

So my question is: what is the best bag for cart and carry? I currently have a Titleist Ultra Lightweight Stand Bag which is great for carrying but when I synch the cart strap around it, it makes getting my clubs in very difficult at times. I'd like something with enough structure to accommodate a cart strap but lightweight enough and with good straps and legs to accommodate the (occasional) round walking.

I like Sun Mountain's offerings and since I am no longer a one club brand guy, I'd like a bag with a neutral (i.e. Sun Mountain, Ogio, etc.) logo on it. If I were to go with a specific brand, wondering if anyone has experience with the Mizuno Elite Stand bag? Thanks in advance for your help!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 artsmart73

artsmart73

    the art of golf

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138770
  • Joined: 09/08/2011
  • Location:United States
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

I have really found  the sun mountain hybrid/ 14 way to be the best of both worlds
910 D2 9.5* Rip 60 2.9
910 Fd 15* ahina
910 H 21* kai'l
712 U 4 iron Project X 5.5
MP 57 5-9 Project X 5.5
SM6 47*F08  SM6 52*F12
SM6 56*M08  SM5 60*
AOP NP2
Chrome soft
WITB Link

2

#3 TommyOC

TommyOC

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136145
  • Joined: 08/12/2011
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:42 PM

View Postartsmart73, on 13 April 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

I have really found  the sun mountain hybrid/ 14 way to be the best of both worlds

Don't think they make the hybrid anymore.  It's now either the C-130 stand, the 4.5 (4.5LS) or the 4.5 14 way.

I just picked up a 4.5 LS and like it so far.  Fits great on a cart, and the cart strap slot secures your bag without tightening the bag so much your clubs get stuck. Fits fine on a push cart if you strap the legs down with the little bungee things on the bag.

Haven't walked a full round with it, but the strap system and straps themselves are super comfortable.
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9* Project X Even Flow Black Handcrafted 6.5
Callaway Rogue 15* 3 wood Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted 6.0
Callaway Epic 18* 5 wood Aldila Tour Green
Callaway Rogue 19* 3 Hybrid Hzrdus Black Handcrafted 6.0
TaylorMade P790 4 - PW Oban CT 115
Miura Hand Ground 52*, 58* Tour Issue s400

Putters:
Toulon Memphis Garage
Scott Readman Concepts Custom Putter

3

#4 Z4Par

Z4Par

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445568
  • Joined: 11/03/2016
  • Location:South Dakota
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:04 PM

In my E-Z GO cart I used my 2018 Titleist 14-way stand bag yesterday for the first time.  Worked great when paired with a Kell-Pro sleeve on the cart strap which also protects the bag from strap wear and helps keep the bag in place.  Comfortable bag to carry too.
Callaway Rogue Draw Driver (10 Degrees) 9 Degree setup at +1, Neutral Setting - Aldila Synergy 50 (60 Grams) Stiff - Standard
Callaway Rogue 4 Wood (17 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (68 Grams) Stiff - Standard
Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid (19 Degrees) and 4 Hybrid (21 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (75 Grams) Stiff - Standard
Titleist 718 AP3 5 Iron (25 Degrees) through PW (43 Degrees) and Wedge (48 Degrees) - AMT Black S300 - Standard
Titleist SM6 - 52 Degree F Grind 8 Degree Bounce and 56 Degree F Grind 14 Degree Bounce - Project X 6.0 - Standard
2018 TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline
Titleist AVX

4

#5 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,289 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1653

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:08 PM

This thread could be merged with mine. I'm looking for something similar.

WITB
DR - '16 M2 X-Torsion Copper 60 (Fuji Speeder Evo II 661 back up)
3W - F8 2KXV Blue 70
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - Cobra Trusty 54/10 Modus Wedge 115 for firm turf/Taylormade Fe2O3 56/14 DG S200 for medium & soft
LW - Cobra Trusty 60/6 Modus Wedge 115
P - Odyssey O Works Tank #7 (Two Custom Xenon on order)
Ball - Project (a)
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

5

#6 propman

propman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183580
  • Joined: 05/29/2012
  • Location:Chicago burbs
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 309

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

I like the wilson nexus stand bag. Works well carrying, in push cart and cart. Plus it's usually on sale.
15 hcp

6

#7 spuds544

spuds544

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486650
  • Joined: 11/12/2017
  • Location:waukesha wi
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

I'm really happy with my 2018 cobra king stand bag.
It's got removable straps, lots of storage and strap pass thru

Edited by spuds544, 13 April 2018 - 05:06 PM.

cobra f6+
cobra f6 3w
cobra f6 hybrid
titelist 4-gw 710 ap1
top flight mallet----it works for me
vice pro+ lime

7

#8 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    The adventure begins!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 10872

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

Sun Mountain 2.5 or 3.5.  Own/have owned both, never found anything I like better.  If you need room for outerwear beyond a light pullover or rainsuit (don't know why you would), I'd go for the 3.5, but the 2.5 works great for me and on the cart it's fine, I'm a little careful with the zippers/lightweight fabric around the small pocket at the top just because it seems like I should be on the 2.5.  But, no issues and love it.  3.5 probably more all around.

They say the 2.5+ might be a little more resilient, but again, no issues with mine.

Edited by Hawkeye77, 13 April 2018 - 05:56 PM.


8

#9 artsmart73

artsmart73

    the art of golf

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138770
  • Joined: 09/08/2011
  • Location:United States
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:04 PM

View PostTommyOC, on 13 April 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

View Postartsmart73, on 13 April 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

I have really found  the sun mountain hybrid/ 14 way to be the best of both worlds

Don't think they make the hybrid anymore.  It's now either the C-130 stand, the 4.5 (4.5LS) or the 4.5 14 way.

I just picked up a 4.5 LS and like it so far.  Fits great on a cart, and the cart strap slot secures your bag without tightening the bag so much your clubs get stuck. Fits fine on a push cart if you strap the legs down with the little bungee things on the bag.

Haven't walked a full round with it, but the strap system and straps themselves are super comfortable.


CRAP. I have a slightly broken zipper(the front small range finder one) and was thinking i would get a new one in the near future. It really has been the best bag that I have EVER had.
910 D2 9.5* Rip 60 2.9
910 Fd 15* ahina
910 H 21* kai'l
712 U 4 iron Project X 5.5
MP 57 5-9 Project X 5.5
SM6 47*F08  SM6 52*F12
SM6 56*M08  SM5 60*
AOP NP2
Chrome soft
WITB Link

9

#10 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,289 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1653

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:51 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 13 April 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Sun Mountain 2.5 or 3.5.  Own/have owned both, never found anything I like better.  If you need room for outerwear beyond a light pullover or rainsuit (don't know why you would), I'd go for the 3.5, but the 2.5 works great for me and on the cart it's fine, I'm a little careful with the zippers/lightweight fabric around the small pocket at the top just because it seems like I should be on the 2.5.  But, no issues and love it.  3.5 probably more all around.

They say the 2.5+ might be a little more resilient, but again, no issues with mine.
Problem for me with the 2.5 is that it doesn't have much storage room and there's no pocket that faces directly out toward the player on the back. Both larger pockets are on the side and its just really not made to be strapped into a cart.

Right now for me is either down to the hoofer , sun mountain 3.5/4.5 or cobra ultralight. The cobra king may be a little too big for when I do walk, which is maybe one or twice a month on a short par 3.

WITB
DR - '16 M2 X-Torsion Copper 60 (Fuji Speeder Evo II 661 back up)
3W - F8 2KXV Blue 70
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - Cobra Trusty 54/10 Modus Wedge 115 for firm turf/Taylormade Fe2O3 56/14 DG S200 for medium & soft
LW - Cobra Trusty 60/6 Modus Wedge 115
P - Odyssey O Works Tank #7 (Two Custom Xenon on order)
Ball - Project (a)
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    The adventure begins!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 10872

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 14 April 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 13 April 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Sun Mountain 2.5 or 3.5.  Own/have owned both, never found anything I like better.  If you need room for outerwear beyond a light pullover or rainsuit (don't know why you would), I'd go for the 3.5, but the 2.5 works great for me and on the cart it's fine, I'm a little careful with the zippers/lightweight fabric around the small pocket at the top just because it seems like I should be on the 2.5.  But, no issues and love it.  3.5 probably more all around.

They say the 2.5+ might be a little more resilient, but again, no issues with mine.
Problem for me with the 2.5 is that it doesn't have much storage room and there's no pocket that faces directly out toward the player on the back. Both larger pockets are on the side and its just really not made to be strapped into a cart.

Right now for me is either down to the hoofer , sun mountain 3.5/4.5 or cobra ultralight. The cobra king may be a little too big for when I do walk, which is maybe one or twice a month on a short par 3.

No question it's not really designed for a cart. And like I said, and I think you are finding, the 3.5 would be a better all around for most people. The 2.5 is just so light, that has been the determining criteria for me.  Just got back from a trip and appreciated how nicely it fit into the travel bag, and I'm taking it in and out of the back of my Jeep probably 5 times a week on average in the summer.  But, it will stand up nice on a cart for an ultra light bag.

11



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors