Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Most of the Top Players at my Course - Play Stock!

720 replies to this topic

#61 North Texas

North Texas

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103646
GolfWRX Likes : 2319

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

Okay, I read this entire thread.

And I'm not understanding at all why anyone would have a problem with anything the OP has said.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 bluedot

bluedot

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85265
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1374

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:45 PM

1. It is absolutely impossible to tell from looking at the clubs in a bag if the player to whom they belong has be thru a process other than walking into a store and buying clubs off the rack or not.  You don't know the lie angle.  You don't know what length the shafts are, much less if the shafts have been tipped, etc..  You don't know how many wraps of tape are or are not under the grip.  You don't know the swingweight.  I could go on...

2. It is a logical fallacy of the first magnitude to go from the instance to the generalization.  I wore long johns to play golf in NC yesterday morning on Masters Sunday; that doesn't make that the April climate in NC, just the weather.  So talking about the old guy at your club who uses hickory shafts and shoots 59 every day is not relevant.

3. It is inconsistent to believe that the majority of individuals who work hard enough at their golf swing to become really good would, however, be casual about their equipment, rather than avail themselves of modern technology that matches the player to the equipment.

4. Self-fitting is still fitting.  Old clubs may still be in the bag because they fit and work for the player.  I was fitted to i5's many years ago; I'd still be using them today if I hadn't needed to move to graphite shafts.  If the i5s were in my bag and you saw them, you would be in error to say that they are "stock" clubs because they are old clubs.  Likewise, the G30's that replaced them, which I ordered without the help of a clubfitter, are also not "stock", even though the simple and technically correct answer to the question, "Were you fitted for those?" would be, "Well, no...".

5. The idea that a lesser player needs proper equipment less than a better player is as silly as saying that a lesser player needs instruction less than a better player, or needs practice less than a better player, or needs shoes that fit less than a better player.  It's dopey.

6. Getting fitted for clubs adds an insignificant amount to the price of golf, so you can stop speaking of fitting as if it's a big expense that is a waste of money.  Many fitters don't charge at all if you buy the clubs from them, others roll the fitting price into the purchase price.  And even where you have to pay up front for the fitting, the price is generally comparable to a dozen premium golf balls.  (I'm excluding outliers like Club Champion or Hot Stixx; that is a different thing entirely.)  I did a driver fitting in January, and an iron fitting last week; my total expenditure for those fittings beyond the price of the clubs was ZERO.  I did get the guy I worked with on the driver fitting a $50 gift card; we spent nearly two hours figuring it out.

7. If you don't like to get fitted, for whatever reason, great.  If you like to try new stuff because it's new stuff, great.  If you don't care what you shoot, or don't think it matters if you shoot 81 vs. 83, great.  If you don't play competitively and don't understand why winning little prizes is big deal to the people that do compete, great.  But don't confuse those things with the efficacy of using things like Trackman, adjustable clubs, the skills of a good clubfitter, and so on to try to get as much out of the game as possible.  That YOU don't believe in it doesn't make it so.

#63 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17492

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

Most at mine don't play stock. They are interested in equipment, getting fit for the right stuff, etc.
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

#64 tatertot

tatertot

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87030
GolfWRX Likes : 3542

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

View PostNorth Texas, on 09 April 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

And I'm not understanding at all why anyone would have a problem with anything the OP has said.

Many people have spent $$$$$ and feel the need to justify ...

I have spent $$$$$ because it's fun.
Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 11, 9°
Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
Irons: Ping Eye2, 2-9 iron
Wedges: Titleist SM7, 48º; Titleist SM5, 54º & 58º
Putter: Cameron Studio Stainless Mid Sur, 34"

#65 Hat Trick

Hat Trick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216173
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

View PostA.Princey, on 08 April 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

The more I meddle the harder it is to groove anything..... grips and weight configs have been the flavor lately. I've got to stop, just play the same sh*t and learn my bag for once. My best scoring was before this site got hold of my mind!!!!

This^^^

#66 kgeorge78

kgeorge78

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71845
GolfWRX Likes : 679

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

View PostNorth Texas, on 09 April 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

poor guy.

Same Culprits in every thread.
2017 M2 10.5 Tour AD DI 6
Mizuno MP 53 3-PW

Vokey SM2 52 56 60
Scotty Newport

#67 BogeyParBogey

BogeyParBogey

Hacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481476
  • Handicap:18.7
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:22 PM

Location might have a lot to do with answers to these questions.  A lot of the courses I play are $20/18 holes.  Guys at these courses typically do not have fancy equipment.  Guys at exclusive country clubs probably do.

#68 fdgolfj

fdgolfj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 496614
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:53 PM

I'm a member at a club where the tips are rated 74.7, and the web.com tour event here typically has a winner around 15-20 under par. The best members are high school and college guys who are between scratch and +4. They all have clubs they were fit for but have had for several years. I just got fit for a new set of blades, and I'll tell you I can tell a huge difference in distance control. A PROPER fitting can make a huge difference, but that is not to say it's necessary.

#69 naval2006

naval2006

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 265866
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 351

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

I think most amateur golfers don’t belong to GolfWRX so the real amateur world is mostly off the rack. The best players at my club use off the rack clubs they feel ok with.
as
There used to be a pro at my club that bumped into players and he’d say let’s play two holes. Your clubs and your balls. He’d do that with most members. He hit great shots with any club and he’d hole out from anywhere on the green. That convinced me it’s mostly about the golfer. Fitting makes it a bit easier, but it won’t be a remarkable improvement.

#70 4puttJohnny

4puttJohnny

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 333715
GolfWRX Likes : 205

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:29 PM

It's all up to the indiviual.

Having said that, though, I play occasionally with 3 different gentemen all of whom have won the US Senior Am (and who competed in numerous Am's and Mid Am's) and all who currently play Society of Senior events.  An amateur who is competitve at a national level, whether US Am, Mid Am, Sr. Am, etc.... has his choice of shafts, heads, fittings, etc by pretty much all the top OEMs.  They have the fitting trucks at all those events.  Two particular head manufacturers and 3 shaft companies have been trying for years to get the Taylor Made driver and Fuji shaft out of one gentleman's hands to no avail.  But, that same guy has a stock 3 wood and shaft he bought with pro shop credit 8 years ago when I was with him.  It remains in his bag today and you'd have to beat him up in order to get it out.  He simply doesn't ever hit a bad shot with it.  The funny thing is that the TM truck measured the shaft for him once and it is almost a full flex weaker than any other shaft in his bag but he was so much confidence in it that he puts his smoothest swing on that club moreso than any club in his bag.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 mn44

mn44

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436858
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:45 PM

Why do you guys care so much about others? I play golf because I love it. I don't play golf to get a reaction out of someone else based on what clubs are in my bag.
Callaway Epic 8*, GD AD TP 7x
TM M2 15*, Diamana Kai'Li 80x
Titleist T-MB 2 iron, PX LZ 6.5
Mizuno MP5 3-PW, PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM6 50, 55, 60
Scotty Newport Fastback

#72 Petunia Sprinkle

Petunia Sprinkle

Future King of France

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397380
GolfWRX Likes : 4581

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:06 PM

For most people, fittings are probably more of a palliative measure than anything else.

#73 Lenny7

Lenny7

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457902
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

Fitting "is the biggest scam since one hour martinizing."

#74 Lenny7

Lenny7

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457902
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:38 PM

View Postmn44, on 09 April 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

Why do you guys care so much about others? I play golf because I love it. I don't play golf to get a reaction out of someone else based on what clubs are in my bag.
Why do you care if they care? I feel like we just entered a quagmire.

#75 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 13548

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:45 PM

The guys at my CC who consistently place in our club championship are 0 - 4 hc and they have no idea what the heck WRX is and they have chosen their clubs over time (mostly tend to be Ping or TM GI clubs), and don't take lessons, and don't read Golf Digest, and have no idea what fitting is. They have no idea what P1 or P4 is, they just smack the ball really solidly and far, and they kick my butt on a regular basis.

GOLF WRX has become a contentious, despotic website where trolls abound and free exchange of ideas is suppressed.

#76 AC168

AC168

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4684
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:08 AM

None of the top players at my current or former club play off the rack.  They have all even fitted.  Though they donít tinker either.

#77 andrieddle

andrieddle

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414694
GolfWRX Likes : 308

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:19 AM

View Postbluedot, on 09 April 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

View Postppauls1978, on 08 April 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

Looking at the bags of the top players at my club - most of them play stock clubs.  The top golfers I play with have never been fitted.

Some of them don't even know what shaft is in their drivers....  Some of them even have mis matched wedges! The horror!

They don't know the difference between cast and forged and don't even have putter head covers....

I have a question.

When you look at the bag of another player and see their clubs, how do you know whether they were fitted or bought the clubs off the rack?  How do you know that their clubs aren't an inch longer, or a half inch shorter, or a degree flat, or two degrees upright?  Does a particular hosel setting count as fitted, or off the rack?  Does self-fitting on a monitor count, or only working with a clubfitter?  Does the clubfitter have to be certified, or is an employee at a store sufficient?  Does the employee have to have extensive experience at fitting, or just have a job in a golf store?

I was fitted in 2006 to Ping i5 irons, one inch long, and three degrees upright.  In 2015, I ordered a set of G30's at the same specs except with an R flex in graphite instead of an S flex in steel.  I did NOT work with a club fitter in 2015; does that count as "stock" since I ordered the clubs myself, or fitted since I used the specs for 9 years earlier?  Last week, I did a fitting and ordered some new irons; the specs came out EXACTLY the same as in 2006.

Finally, do you seriously want us to believe that you have players at your club that are both really good AND don't know their shaft flex?  'Cause that one I ain't buying...

Funny, I watched Crossfield's video when he talked to Titleist fitter who was fitting JT's bag for the Masters and he asked if JT knows what shaft he has in his driver and the fitter says "he would say something blue"

Not all of them are gear heads
Callaway XR 16 (10)
Cobra Bio Cell 3W (14.5)

Callaway XR 5W (19)
TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
Ping i200 (5-W)

Bridgestone J15 (50)
Callaway MD2 (56/60)

Evnroll ER3

#78 jslane57

jslane57

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426950
  • Handicap:<5
GolfWRX Likes : 2322

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:36 AM

View Postbeluga99, on 08 April 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

View Postuserpick21, on 08 April 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

Golf is almost always more archer than arrow, I say. (especially among skilled players)

Would it be "more the archer than the bow"?  The arrow being the ball?  I have always found the "Indian not the arrow" saying curious.  Serious question as the latter saying is very common.
Golf is so much harder than archery to be competent. It would be like if you stuck the ball to the club and could never have a mishit. It is a stupid saying for sure, as the best archers spend so much time making sure their arrows are absolutely perfect. But yeah talent trumps equipment.

Standard is standard for a reason. Many a good player who fits standard can be let down by fittings. Why? Fitters feel like they must give a person something unique, something other than standard to prove their fitting abilities. Better in the simulator is not always better on the golf course...
'Gaps' are a delusion of the hopelessly anal. - Petunia Sprinkle

#79 avguy

avguy

Replacement Player

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106241
GolfWRX Likes : 155

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:29 AM

I enjoy chiding my grins at fitting issues for the abnormal sized world.  At 5'10", and with a 34.5" WTF - I fall smack dab in the middle of all the club/shaft recommended L/L/L charts.

I think the misfit for most of us is getting into the wrong end of shaft weights.   Some players might be real strong, but their swing is not.  Visa versa.  You have to experiment with this parameter somewhat and get the grass-cutting tool working optimally for your game without getting hurt.  That's why I feel pretty good rotating two full bags of clubs often, and I can even play my third set any day.  

I have no match in clubs amongst those, but they feel similar because I fit different OEMs vs. each other with wt. and profiles that aren't too dicrepent  off each other.
Bag One
D:Titleist 910 D2 (UST PF AC black 69)/Callaway BBA 815(Matrix X-Con 6.1)

5W:Mizuno MPti
H: 17 Titleist 915, 21 Titleist 816, 25 Bridgestone Precept ECU
5-PW:Honma TW 727 M(Nippon Modus 125)
W:Mizuno 52/Vokey SM6 58
P:Bellum Winmore Midi 787

Bag Two
D:Callaway RF(Matrix X-Con 6)
3W:TM R11ti
H: 18 TM 2.0 SF, 21 TM 2.0 SF, 25 Cobra ACP
5-PW:Callaway Razr MB(PX 5.0F)
W:Mizuno 53/Mizuno 58
P:Guerin TS Black 370

#80 kiwihacker

kiwihacker

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284152
GolfWRX Likes : 401

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:03 AM

I remember starting out and being obsessed with equipment and playing with one of our better players, 3 handicap I think. He shot 73 that day. He had the crumbiest set of clubs. Old ping Zing irons from memory. Can't even remember what Driver/woods he had. Outside forums like WRX the rest of the golfing world just couldn't care less about the latest, greatest equipment . They just want to play golf.

That's not to say obsessing over wedge configuration, hybrids vs long irons, 4 wood vs 3 & 5 wood, SGI jacked lofts vs traditional lofts and Anser vs Mallet style putters isn't fun and important to us. :)

Cobra King F6 Driver
15° Cleveland Launcher 3 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Mizuno MP 58 4-PW irons
Cleveland CG 12 52° & Callaway MD Forged 58°
Yes Tracy putter

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
GolfWRX Likes : 2907

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:59 AM

View PostBogeyParBogey, on 09 April 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

Location might have a lot to do with answers to these questions.  A lot of the courses I play are $20/18 holes.  Guys at these courses typically do not have fancy equipment.  Guys at exclusive country clubs probably do.

It varies. You would think with money and time they would also be good players but that varies wildly as well.

#82 EKELLY

EKELLY

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405114
  • Handicap:+2
  • Ebay ID:edwardkellyed
GolfWRX Likes : 1388

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:49 AM

One of the guys in my circle is in golf retail, you NEVER know what he'll show up with in the bag. And he goes low often. Another guy has a circa 90's set of Goosenecks, and old JP wedges that have little bottom grooves left, shoots around par often. Another guy has a set of OLD Titleist MB's, hitting 975 series driver. The other half buys irons every cycle, tries every driver, putter known to man. There is no moral here, only happy retailers when they walk in the door. The better players have settled into something they can rely on, which is their swing and fundamentals.

#83 Petunia Sprinkle

Petunia Sprinkle

Future King of France

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397380
GolfWRX Likes : 4581

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:59 AM

View Postthug the bunny, on 09 April 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

The guys at my CC who consistently place in our club championship are 0 - 4 hc and they have no idea what the heck WRX is and they have chosen their clubs over time (mostly tend to be Ping or TM GI clubs), and don't take lessons, and don't read Golf Digest, and have no idea what fitting is. They have no idea what P1 or P4 is, they just smack the ball really solidly and far, and they kick my butt on a regular basis.

Haha! Weíre not unlike housewives of the 50s gossiping about their husbands enough for comfort. (Iím relieved to say I only know what P6 is, where either the club or the left arm is parallel to the ground.)

#84 JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484568
  • Handicap:3.8
  • Ebay ID:josephmoavro
GolfWRX Likes : 301

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:23 AM

100% agree with OP.

Best guys in my club donít know what shafts they have in their woods, irons or wedges besides it being ďstiffĒ.

When they have an off day they donít make tweaks to their bag. They tweak their swing. Thatís what makes them great.

Way too many butt hurt posts in here. Heís noís not trying to say not to get fit. Heís saying you can still be a good golfer without a fully customized set. The proof is in the pudding with people heís played with, same thing with + handicap players Iíve seen. Take a chill pill.

Edited by JoeJoeJoeUrBoat, 10 April 2018 - 07:24 AM.

PING G 400 MAX 9* Tour 65
PING G 14.5* Tour 80
PING G 17.5* Tour 80
P790 DARKNESS 4-PW KBS C-Taper $
SM7 (54.10.S, 60.08.M) PX 6.0 Rifle
Rory McIlroy 009 Newport
"Golf Babes" Tyson Lamb Marker

#85 bullie76

bullie76

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121903
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 727

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:32 AM

My driver is one I bought from a friend who purchased it off the rack at Dicks. I also have a Direct TV dish hanging off the side of my house. Might even drink a beer later today.

My senior bag.......
Taylormade M2(2016) 9.5* driver reg
Taylormade RBZ 13* 3 wood reg
Adams TL2 - FW 16* 4 wood & 3,4 hybrids reg
Ping G 6-pw(power lofts), i200 U wedge(49*).....CFS graphite reg
Ping Glide 54/58 ss reg
Ping Craz-E putter

#86 green.tea

green.tea

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 462020
GolfWRX Likes : 320

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:02 AM

Take your own advice joejoe
?
?
T-MB 3-4
716 CB 5-9
SM6 46/50/54/58
Newport

#87 pinestreetgolf

pinestreetgolf

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,058 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435010
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:butlerj_dickinson
GolfWRX Likes : 1863

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostJoeJoeJoeUrBoat, on 10 April 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

He's saying you can still be a good golfer without a fully customized set.

This needs to be said?  Obviously you can be a good golfer without a customized set.  There is no opponent.  The question is whether or not it is important to playing your best golf, not whether or not you can reach some arbitrary standard of "good".  Of course you can "be good" without knowing about your clubs or being fitted.  Nobody would dispute that.

Justin Thomas could almost certainly beat me with four clubs.  He would almost certainly beat me by more with 14.  Do we come away from that thinking "hey, you only need four clubs to be good!" ?

The message that equipment isn't that important to success is silly because in this game we compete against ourselves.

Edited by pinestreetgolf, 10 April 2018 - 08:05 AM.

king cobra f8 9* project x 6.5
xhot2 pro deep 14.5* kuro kage 70 stiff
dhy pro 21* tour red 85x
dhy pro 24* tour blue 85x
j40 dpc 5-pw s300
vokey 50 54 58 s300
ping pal2

#88 North Texas

North Texas

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103646
GolfWRX Likes : 2319

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

View Postpinestreetgolf, on 10 April 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

View PostJoeJoeJoeUrBoat, on 10 April 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

He's saying you can still be a good golfer without a fully customized set.

This needs to be said?  Obviously you can be a good golfer without a customized set.  There is no opponent.  The question is whether or not it is important to playing your best golf, not whether or not you can reach some arbitrary standard of "good".  Of course you can "be good" without knowing about your clubs or being fitted.  Nobody would dispute that.

Justin Thomas could almost certainly beat me with four clubs.  He would almost certainly beat me by more with 14.  Do we come away from that thinking "hey, you only need four clubs to be good!" ?

The message that equipment isn't that important to success is silly because in this game we compete against ourselves.

Getting fitted won't guarantee that you will play your best golf. There are many people who have improved their game by getting fitted just as there are many people who did not improve their game after getting fitted. And, based on the people who I know that got fitted, there are far more who don't improve than who do improve. As I said, I'm am one of them and because of my personal experience I think getting fitted is way overrated. But that's just me.

And, as far as equipment being important to success or not being important, I've seen a lot of people with either off the rack clubs or or older clubs (10, 20, 30 years old) who can play lights out. So, while equipment can help, I really don't think it's the biggest factor in playing well.

#89 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1563

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:52 AM

most of the guys at my club..... wait,, i am not part of a club. never-mind moving on.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

#90 dethman

dethman

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16732
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

jeez some really sensitive people around here.

M1
M2 3HL
X2Hot 19 Hybrid
Apex CF16 4-W
SM5 54, 60
Golo 3

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors