Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

tensei pro orange


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 pastorjasonogbc

pastorjasonogbc

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 498212
  • Joined: 04/07/2018
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

Can anyone tell me if you have any experience with this shaft bought from Ebay?  They are all over the site for $225-$250 and then the price jumps to $450, which is what they cost from companies like Club Champion.  I know "if it looks too good to be true"  but most of the sellers that have the shaft for the lower price have thousands of 5-star reviews?  Are these shafts knock-offs?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2321

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

I believe you're confusing the NON pro orange which sells for around $225 with the PRO version that sells for $400 on up.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

2

#3 pastorjasonogbc

pastorjasonogbc

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 498212
  • Joined: 04/07/2018
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

You are correct.  thanks so much for noticing what I overlooked.

3

#4 Valtiel

Valtiel

    Trap Draw

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150887
  • Joined: 12/12/2011
  • Location:Scotts Valley, CA
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 675

Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

I feel like the practical lack of any visual distinction between the two is going to become a retail problem if these shafts gain more popularity. You would be forgiven for completely mistaking one for the other.
Titleist 915D3 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX / Diamana Kai'li 80x
Nike Tour Issue SQ2 13* Blueboard 83x /
Nike SQ2 15* Blueboard 93x
Nike Tour Issue SQ2 17* Blueboard 103x / Titleist 906F4 18.5* Blueboard 103x
Ping Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X

Mizuno MP-H4 4-Iron Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 24*
Mizuno MP-59 5-PW Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0 27*- 48*
Vokey SM6 52* F-Grind KBS Tour X / Vokey 452.08 DG X200
Black Oxide
Vokey SM5 56* S-Grind DG S400 / Vokey 456.14 Tour Issue Raw DG X100
Vokey Special 60* V-Grind Black Oxide DG X300 SSx2 / Vokey Tour Issue SM60-04 DG X300 SSx2
SeeMore PTM1 Black / Scotty Cameron Santa Fe w/Bullseye shaft

4

#5 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2321

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

 pastorjasonogbc, on 07 April 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

You are correct.  thanks so much for noticing what I overlooked.

No problem. I just didn't want you to buy the non pro version, expecting Tiger's shaft, and getting the dulled down version by mistake. At that point what seemed like a great deal would be a total waste of $225.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

5

#6 kyle75

kyle75

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238521
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
  • Location:ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 364

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:56 PM

 TollBros, on 07 April 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

 pastorjasonogbc, on 07 April 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

You are correct.  thanks so much for noticing what I overlooked.

No problem. I just didn't want you to buy the non pro version, expecting Tiger's shaft, and getting the dulled down version by mistake. At that point what seemed like a great deal would be a total waste of $225.
Just curious at how big of a difference in the performance of the two shafts?

6

#7 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2321

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

 kyle75, on 08 April 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

 TollBros, on 07 April 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

 pastorjasonogbc, on 07 April 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

You are correct.  thanks so much for noticing what I overlooked.

No problem. I just didn't want you to buy the non pro version, expecting Tiger's shaft, and getting the dulled down version by mistake. At that point what seemed like a great deal would be a total waste of $225.
Just curious at how big of a difference in the performance of the two shafts?

The non pro versions are basically made to offer in OEM drivers and fairway woods. Ironically the non pro versions feel a little less smooth over all. They do launch higher and spin quite a bit more without the MR70 or Boron in the tip sections. They are still good shafts, just not something you'd find a higher speed player or Tour player gravitating to. There is a reason though, that they are in a lot of OEM drivers, and that reason is because they are a much better choice for the masses and the 80mph swing speed player than the Pro versions.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

7

#8 kyle75

kyle75

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238521
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
  • Location:ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 364

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:17 PM

 TollBros, on 08 April 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

 kyle75, on 08 April 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

 TollBros, on 07 April 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

 pastorjasonogbc, on 07 April 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

You are correct.  thanks so much for noticing what I overlooked.

No problem. I just didn't want you to buy the non pro version, expecting Tiger's shaft, and getting the dulled down version by mistake. At that point what seemed like a great deal would be a total waste of $225.
Just curious at how big of a difference in the performance of the two shafts?

The non pro versions are basically made to offer in OEM drivers and fairway woods. Ironically the non pro versions feel a little less smooth over all. They do launch higher and spin quite a bit more without the MR70 or Boron in the tip sections. They are still good shafts, just not something you'd find a higher speed player or Tour player gravitating to. There is a reason though, that they are in a lot of OEM drivers, and that reason is because they are a much better choice for the masses and the 80mph swing speed player than the Pro versions.
Thank you, appreciate the info

8

#9 boycer11

boycer11

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80867
  • Joined: 04/22/2009
  • Location:stl area
  • Ebay ID:mboyce1249
GolfWRX Likes : 192

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

Anyone know if ping is offering the orange?
Ping g400 10.5
Callaway gbb epic sz 3 wood
Ping g400 5 wd rogue black 7s
Ping g400 4 hybrid
Mizuno jpx 900 hotmetal nippon 105
2017 /vokey forged 54/58
TM jdm spider

9

#10 MSUIRONDAWGS

MSUIRONDAWGS

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105474
  • Joined: 03/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:36 PM

No way in haites is an OEM offering a Pro Orange lol. Not that anyone said they would or expected it, I'm just commenting. One of the hotter shafts Ive seen come along in a while, as I'm sure Toll can attest to also. Now the question will be which shaft maker will try and copy cat to a certain degree anyways, the PO. Im sure someone will at some point.

Edited by MSUIRONDAWGS, 08 April 2018 - 08:37 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 provx

provx

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22573
  • Joined: 12/08/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:14 PM

Pro orange didnít win the masters, prices should crash and they will be all over the bat for cheap. I would be willing to take them off your guys hands for next to nothing as a favor
Taylor Made M2 Dual Core Kuro Kage xt
Taylor Made RBZ 13*
Callaway Apex 4-AW
Titleist Vokey 56 & 62*
Odyssey #7 Arm Lock
Snell MTB balls

11

#12 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2321

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:05 AM

 MSUIRONDAWGS, on 08 April 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

No way in haites is an OEM offering a Pro Orange lol. Not that anyone said they would or expected it, I'm just commenting. One of the hotter shafts Ive seen come along in a while, as I'm sure Toll can attest to also. Now the question will be which shaft maker will try and copy cat to a certain degree anyways, the PO. Im sure someone will at some point.

I'd highly doubt Pro Orange would ever be offered in an OEM driver as a stock offering. Maybe in a couple years at the end of the product's cycle, but it would be dumb to do that anytime soon with the aftermarket demand through the roof.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

12

#13 halfsumo

halfsumo

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210503
  • Joined: 11/09/2012
  • Location:San Francisco
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

When Tiger was playing with the Pro White, it looked like his was painted with a silver section to look like the non-Pro version. Sneaky marketing, or was this a newer prototype?
G400 9* Speeder Evo ii 757 S
M3 3HL Tensei Pro White 70 S
P790 udi 18.5* hzrdus black 85 6.0
PING i200 4-PW Steelfiber i95s
Vokey SM5 50F, 54S, 58K
PING Ketsch

13

#14 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2321

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:03 PM

 halfsumo, on 09 April 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

When Tiger was playing with the Pro White, it looked like his was painted with a silver section to look like the non-Pro version. Sneaky marketing, or was this a newer prototype?

Just paint to match the retail m3 stuff.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

14

#15 TitleistHOG

TitleistHOG

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1878
  • Joined: 06/25/2005
  • Location:Warner Robins, GA
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:58 AM

Can you look at the 2 shafts and tell a difference?  Pro vs Non-pro?


15

#16 mikedit

mikedit

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2577
  • Joined: 07/13/2005
  • Location:Ontario, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

Great question, how do you tell the difference?? Is there a distinct marking on the Pro Orange versus the regular Orange??

Edited by mikedit, 16 April 2018 - 08:21 PM.


16

#17 TheBIIgCat

TheBIIgCat

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 783 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246615
  • Joined: 04/22/2013
  • Location:SC
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 252

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:42 PM

 mikedit, on 16 April 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

Great question, how do you tell the difference?? Is there a distinct marking on the Pro Orange versus the regular Orange??
The carbon fiber weave pattern travels a good ways up the handle, under the grip, on the pro. The non pro it only goes up a few inches above the Orange label..
Driver- GBB Epic with 70 gram Tensei Pro Orange
3-Wood- Tour Issue YardBirds with Tour AD F
Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85
Irons- ( 5-PW ) i-20 Pings with Steelfibers
Wedges- 48 sm6 vokey, 58 TVD Vokey ( Steelfibers )
Putter- Scotty Cameron X5

17



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors