Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD Shaft, Review with Multiple player Trackman Data


113 replies to this topic

#31 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 272

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:43 PM

Is the bend profile similar to the KK XT?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5842

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:50 PM

Gotcha, thanks for the info ;)
Ping G400 LST 8.5* / Xphlexxx Modena F7 Prototype 7TX
Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
Srixon U45 20* / Aldila RIP 105X
Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
Srixon Zstar XV


GolfWrx WITB Podcast: http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

Instagram @Jminis13
https://www.instagra...jminis13/?hl=en

2

#33 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

View PostUhit, on 04 April 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Is the bend profile similar to the KK XT?

Yes, just a dual, actually tri-core of Tini fiber, longer length of the fibers, lower torque, and stiffer tip. Altered material construction but very similar overall profile.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

3

#34 MSUIRONDAWGS

MSUIRONDAWGS

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105474
  • Joined: 03/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

Just an added note to you fellas that haven't seen this thing(XD) in person. My buddies that have seen it outside recently during our rounds cant get over how cool the graphics look. Pics dont do it justice!

4

#35 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:57 PM

View PostMSUIRONDAWGS, on 04 April 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Just an added note to you fellas that haven't seen this thing(XD) in person. My buddies that have seen it outside recently during our rounds cant get over how cool the graphics look. Pics dont do it justice!

Assuming we ever see the Sun again, I'll try to post some good shots. Yes, the prism effect in the graphic is very cool.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

5

#36 Stinger26

Stinger26

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466638
  • Joined: 05/07/2017
  • Location:Northern NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:28 PM

would love to know how much you tipped the XD for player 1 and 2
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* - Aldila Synergy Black TX (44.5")
TaylorMade M2 Tour 15* - Kuro Kage XD 80 TX (42.75")
Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron [1* strong (19*)] - Project X HZRDUS Black 105g 6.5
Miura MC-501/Titleist 716 CB 4-PW - Nippon Super Peening Blue X
Vokey F Grind 51 - TT DG Onyx TI S400
Vokey S Grind 55 - TT DG Onyx TI S400
Vokey M Grind 59 - TT DG Onyx TI S400
Scotty Cameron 009M 34.5" / Scotty Cameron Select 2014 Newport 34.5"

6

#37 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 272

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:19 AM

View PostTollBros, on 04 April 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostUhit, on 04 April 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Is the bend profile similar to the KK XT?

Yes, just a dual, actually tri-core of Tini fiber, longer length of the fibers, lower torque, and stiffer tip. Altered material construction but very similar overall profile.

Sounds good!

I like shafts with a long and strong tip section that is reaching into a not too stiff mid section.

7

#38 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 04:19 AM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 04 April 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostUhit, on 04 April 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Is the bend profile similar to the KK XT?

Yes, just a dual, actually tri-core of Tini fiber, longer length of the fibers, lower torque, and stiffer tip. Altered material construction but very similar overall profile.

Sounds good!

I like shafts with a long and strong tip section that is reaching into a not too stiff mid section.

The XD is very tight in the tip with that low torque sensation as well. Crisp is the perfect way to describe it.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

8

#39 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 272

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

View PostTollBros, on 05 April 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 04:19 AM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 04 April 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostUhit, on 04 April 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Is the bend profile similar to the KK XT?

Yes, just a dual, actually tri-core of Tini fiber, longer length of the fibers, lower torque, and stiffer tip. Altered material construction but very similar overall profile.

Sounds good!

I like shafts with a long and strong tip section that is reaching into a not too stiff mid section.

The XD is very tight in the tip with that low torque sensation as well. Crisp is the perfect way to describe it.

How does it compare to the Pro Orange in this regard?

9

#40 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:11 PM

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 05 April 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 04:19 AM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 04 April 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostUhit, on 04 April 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Is the bend profile similar to the KK XT?

Yes, just a dual, actually tri-core of Tini fiber, longer length of the fibers, lower torque, and stiffer tip. Altered material construction but very similar overall profile.

Sounds good!

I like shafts with a long and strong tip section that is reaching into a not too stiff mid section.

The XD is very tight in the tip with that low torque sensation as well. Crisp is the perfect way to describe it.

How does it compare to the Pro Orange in this regard?

Pro Orange is a smoother feeling shaft.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 272

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

View PostTollBros, on 05 April 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 05 April 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 04:19 AM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 04 April 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Yes, just a dual, actually tri-core of Tini fiber, longer length of the fibers, lower torque, and stiffer tip. Altered material construction but very similar overall profile.

Sounds good!

I like shafts with a long and strong tip section that is reaching into a not too stiff mid section.

The XD is very tight in the tip with that low torque sensation as well. Crisp is the perfect way to describe it.

How does it compare to the Pro Orange in this regard?

Pro Orange is a smoother feeling shaft.

Thanks!

11

#42 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:



Thanks!

No problem. I do want to say the 60 is smoother feeling than the 70, which is common, but I really like the 60tx in this profile.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

12

#43 surehands79

surehands79

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82393
  • Joined: 05/08/2009
  • Location:Great white north
  • Handicap:0.1
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:02 PM

any weight and tourque numbers??
Ping G lst 9, tour 65x
XHot pro 15, blueboard 83x
XHot pro 18 hybrid, motore F3 95x
716 CB 4-9, AMT x100 hs1x
SM6 46, SM5 51, 55, 60, x100
Scotty Newport 2, Pro Platinum

13

#44 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:Noodle3872
GolfWRX Likes : 572

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:25 PM

View Postsurehands79, on 06 April 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

any weight and tourque numbers??

Taylormade 2018 M4 9.5° driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White  60 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 15° fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 19° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 22° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
Mizuno MP-18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 51-08, 56-14 and 62-08 with Modus3 105 Wedge
Odyssey Exo #7 putter
Taylormade TP5 golf ball

14

#45 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 272

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

View PostTollBros, on 06 April 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Thanks!

No problem. I do want to say the 60 is smoother feeling than the 70, which is common, but I really like the 60tx in this profile.

I prefer smoother feeling shafts...
...however, I also seem to need at least 70 g shafts to get a good rhythm.


15

#46 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

View PostUhit, on 06 April 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 06 April 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Thanks!

No problem. I do want to say the 60 is smoother feeling than the 70, which is common, but I really like the 60tx in this profile.

I prefer smoother feeling shafts...
...however, I also seem to need at least 70 g shafts to get a good rhythm.

I would say Dual Core XT would be the one for you then. It's feel dynamic is well documented and nobody ever seems to feel overwhelmed by it, regardless of flex.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

16

#47 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 272

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

View PostTollBros, on 06 April 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostUhit, on 06 April 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 06 April 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Thanks!

No problem. I do want to say the 60 is smoother feeling than the 70, which is common, but I really like the 60tx in this profile.

I prefer smoother feeling shafts...
...however, I also seem to need at least 70 g shafts to get a good rhythm.

I would say Dual Core XT would be the one for you then. It's feel dynamic is well documented and nobody ever seems to feel overwhelmed by it, regardless of flex.

According the information I could gather in regard of that shaft, you are probably right.

However, I have seen no data from the manufacturer for that shaft, and no bend profile...
...and I couldn't find a reliable source that delivers to Europe - at a reasonable price point (especially because of the taxes and fees, that I would have to pay in addition).

17

#48 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostUhit, on 07 April 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 06 April 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostUhit, on 06 April 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 06 April 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

View PostUhit, on 05 April 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Thanks!

No problem. I do want to say the 60 is smoother feeling than the 70, which is common, but I really like the 60tx in this profile.

I prefer smoother feeling shafts...
...however, I also seem to need at least 70 g shafts to get a good rhythm.

I would say Dual Core XT would be the one for you then. It's feel dynamic is well documented and nobody ever seems to feel overwhelmed by it, regardless of flex.

According the information I could gather in regard of that shaft, you are probably right.

However, I have seen no data from the manufacturer for that shaft, and no bend profile...
...and I couldn't find a reliable source that delivers to Europe - at a reasonable price point (especially because of the taxes and fees, that I would have to pay in addition).

Shoot me a message. We send overseas on a weekly basis.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

18

#49 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 272

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

View PostTollBros, on 07 April 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostUhit, on 07 April 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 06 April 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostUhit, on 06 April 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 06 April 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:


No problem. I do want to say the 60 is smoother feeling than the 70, which is common, but I really like the 60tx in this profile.

I prefer smoother feeling shafts...
...however, I also seem to need at least 70 g shafts to get a good rhythm.

I would say Dual Core XT would be the one for you then. It's feel dynamic is well documented and nobody ever seems to feel overwhelmed by it, regardless of flex.

According the information I could gather in regard of that shaft, you are probably right.

However, I have seen no data from the manufacturer for that shaft, and no bend profile...
...and I couldn't find a reliable source that delivers to Europe - at a reasonable price point (especially because of the taxes and fees, that I would have to pay in addition).

Shoot me a message. We send overseas on a weekly basis.

Thank you for the offer - I will happily come back to you after I tried whether the XD is smooth enough for me...
...sometimes I need a shaft that takes it all, and maybe the XD is the right choice - for those occasions.

However, I prefer a smooth feel in general, and I am searching after a shaft, that has a smooth feel and takes it all - maybe the DC XT...
...in any case it is good to know a reliable source, that also delivers to Europe!

19

#50 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

View PostUhit, on 07 April 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:


Thank you for the offer - I will happily come back to you after I tried whether the XD is smooth enough for me...
...sometimes I need a shaft that takes it all, and maybe the XD is the right choice - for those occasions.

However, I prefer a smooth feel in general, and I am searching after a shaft, that has a smooth feel and takes it all - maybe the DC XT...
...in any case it is good to know a reliable source, that also delivers to Europe!

If you have some launch data, and need set up assistance, just let me know. Feel free to message any time you see fit.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Axman55

Axman55

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 372745
  • Joined: 04/22/2015
  • Location:SLC
  • Ebay ID:Themystro2000
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

IMG_1523305963.434115.jpg IMG_1523306263.180835.jpg

Few pictures. It's pretty...
Taylormade M3 8.5 Kuro Kage XD 70TX
Cobra F7 14.5 Tensei Pro White 80TX
Taylormade P790 UDI C-Taper
Taylormade P790 4-PW KBS C-Tapers S+
Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 58L (bent to 57)  Vokey SM6 62M (The Krystal Kat) KBS 610 S+
Scotty Cameron Select Newport

21

#52 Axman55

Axman55

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 372745
  • Joined: 04/22/2015
  • Location:SLC
  • Ebay ID:Themystro2000
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

Quick on course review from a shaft ho:
I have owned/played in the last 6 months Tensei Pro White 70TX, Synergy Black 60TX, KK dual core XT 60X, and now the KK XD 70TX. I know a lot of guys need real technical data, but I don't have access to any kind of launch monitor so I go by feel, flight,  distance, and how it reacts to miss hits.  My hope with the XD was that it was a love child of the Tensei White and the Dual Core XT and it's real close to that.  My swing was pretty much garbage on the front 9 since I've only played 18 holes twice since November and have only had a few range trips in that time.  The XD  really held up on some serious toe strikes. Really good distance not too much curve on it. Several I hit I was: "oh god that's terrible" only to have my playing partners make fun of me as to where it actually ended up. When I finally warmed up on the back 9 I hit it really straight  with very good distance. I was able to turn it over and it has a really nice flight. It feels really crisp and you can feel it load and unload (not my favorite feel as I feel like I'm losing control of the head...) . I personally love a rebar shaft (think old school UST V2 or Fuji Pro 73 tour spec),  I like the feel of a shaft that is one piece. This is not that, but it certainly isn't a Tour AD DI or a Blueboard.  My work schedule has completely opened up so lots of golf coming up to decide the winner. Any questions shoot away.
I would also like to thank Toll for all the info he has provided to forum (and the Synergy Black I got from him,I definitely hit it the furthest but also get pretty wild with it��). His low spin thread helped me find at least 2 shafts that have really improved my driving performance ( and made my PayPal account much lighter). Thanks!

Edited by Axman55, 10 April 2018 - 08:54 AM.

Taylormade M3 8.5 Kuro Kage XD 70TX
Cobra F7 14.5 Tensei Pro White 80TX
Taylormade P790 UDI C-Taper
Taylormade P790 4-PW KBS C-Tapers S+
Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 58L (bent to 57)  Vokey SM6 62M (The Krystal Kat) KBS 610 S+
Scotty Cameron Select Newport

22

#53 Axman55

Axman55

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 372745
  • Joined: 04/22/2015
  • Location:SLC
  • Ebay ID:Themystro2000
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

Update to my review:
Took all 3 of my shafts (Pro White 70TX, KK XD 70TX, and Synergy Black 60TX) into the local golf shop to try out in the F8+. Got on their launch monitor to see what worked the best. Hit some with my driver (F7+) with ProV's I brought to get a baseline. Didn't get a print out or take photos so going off of memory.
Lowest spin rate and straightest for me in the F7+ was the Tensei which was my conclusion from on course testing. In the F8+ the KK XD was the winner.  It was launching in the 11-13 degree area with about 2700rpm backspin ( hit a few in the 2400rpm range which is a huge for me!) carry distances were around the 270 yard mark (the monitor had my swing speed around 105, normally I'm in the 110mph range, but its early in the season and I HATE hitting indoors). After I purchased the F8+ (of course) they let me stay in the hitting bay and go between all three shafts so I spent a bunch of time hitting them all in the new driver. The Tensei is definitely the straightest and most consistent for me, but  the KK XD is real close. It's a little longer (4-5 yards) and I seem to hit a little draw with it which is fine. Didn't have ANY big misses with it and it feels great. Spin rate and  launch where nearly identical, but ball speed was slightly better with the KK XD. I will stick with the Tensei in the F7+ for the next little bit as I trust it will go straight and I'm going on a couple of  golf trips and need to have the straight ball on strange courses. The KK XD/F8+ combo will be working its way into the bag for sure once the season gets rolling and I'm playing on my usual courses.

Edited by Axman55, 13 April 2018 - 09:01 AM.

Taylormade M3 8.5 Kuro Kage XD 70TX
Cobra F7 14.5 Tensei Pro White 80TX
Taylormade P790 UDI C-Taper
Taylormade P790 4-PW KBS C-Tapers S+
Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 58L (bent to 57)  Vokey SM6 62M (The Krystal Kat) KBS 610 S+
Scotty Cameron Select Newport

23

#54 ballen17

ballen17

    saucy paws

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360117
  • Joined: 01/29/2015
  • Location:the great unknown
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

 J13, on 04 April 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

I played the XT for a while but just didn't have enough life in the shaft for me.  IMO the KK DC XT is a MAJOR improvement in feel with less left for me.  IMO the PO V3 looks like a rockstar if you can get along with it.  I've hit it a little bit and liked it but i actually had the PO V2 which i didn't like.

What shafts are in the bag for the players above?  I could imagine being one of these testers and falling into the trap of chasing numbers instead of sticking to something tried and true on the golf course.  Has to be a big temptation.
As a tester for Toll, I couldn't agree more with what he says above. I have hit dozens of shafts while doing testing, and I have only put 3 of them in play after testing. I have to notice a major change in overall performance before I am going to consider making a shaft change and putting it in play. That includes more than ballspeed and distance on a launch monitor. I am very much a feel player, so first of all it needs to feel good. Second of all, I need be fully confident in how it will perform in the heat of competition. I have passed on a few shafts that gave me more distance, but I either wasn't comfortable with the feel, or confident that it would provide the performance on the course that I want. The last change I made was from a KK DC XT70 to the Synergy Black 70. Overall, I loved the feel of the Synergy, plus it gave me the numbers and consistency that I need on the course. I ended up gaining 15+ yds with the Synergy. For me to switch out of the Synergy at this point, I would need to see a jump similar to that to even consider changing.

24

#55 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

 ballen17, on 14 April 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

 J13, on 04 April 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

I played the XT for a while but just didn't have enough life in the shaft for me.  IMO the KK DC XT is a MAJOR improvement in feel with less left for me.  IMO the PO V3 looks like a rockstar if you can get along with it.  I've hit it a little bit and liked it but i actually had the PO V2 which i didn't like.

What shafts are in the bag for the players above?  I could imagine being one of these testers and falling into the trap of chasing numbers instead of sticking to something tried and true on the golf course.  Has to be a big temptation.
As a tester for Toll, I couldn't agree more with what he says above. I have hit dozens of shafts while doing testing, and I have only put 3 of them in play after testing. I have to notice a major change in overall performance before I am going to consider making a shaft change and putting it in play. That includes more than ballspeed and distance on a launch monitor. I am very much a feel player, so first of all it needs to feel good. Second of all, I need be fully confident in how it will perform in the heat of competition. I have passed on a few shafts that gave me more distance, but I either wasn't comfortable with the feel, or confident that it would provide the performance on the course that I want. The last change I made was from a KK DC XT70 to the Synergy Black 70. Overall, I loved the feel of the Synergy, plus it gave me the numbers and consistency that I need on the course. I ended up gaining 15+ yds with the Synergy. For me to switch out of the Synergy at this point, I would need to see a jump similar to that to even consider changing.

Synergy Black is really the only shaft I've seen testers switch to in quantity recently. It will go down with the Tensei Orange V2 as one of those shafts people will still ask about years after we have sold them out.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

25

#56 Rpete33

Rpete33

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476032
  • Joined: 07/22/2017
  • Location:South Dakota
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

What’s the butt feel on this, I hate the soft butt feeling of the tensei white but like the overall results

Edited by Rpete33, 16 April 2018 - 07:52 PM.


26

#57 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:Noodle3872
GolfWRX Likes : 572

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

EI profile shows a firm butt. If you have experience with the original XT, you’ll see it’s about the same firmness.

http://www.mca-golf.com/products/xd
Taylormade 2018 M4 9.5° driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White  60 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 15° fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 19° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 22° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
Mizuno MP-18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 51-08, 56-14 and 62-08 with Modus3 105 Wedge
Odyssey Exo #7 putter
Taylormade TP5 golf ball

27

#58 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

 Rpete33, on 16 April 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

What’s the butt feel on this, I hate the soft butt feeling of the tensei white but like the overall results

Noodle posted the info above. XD is, as stated more firm and stable in the handle, not quite as tip stiff as pro white.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

28

#59 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

Bumping this because I've been getting a lot of questions on it and this thread kind of got lost.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

29

#60 3_Putt_Par

3_Putt_Par

    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356899
  • Joined: 01/07/2015
  • Location:Somewhere out West.
  • Handicap:2 hi
GolfWRX Likes : 418

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:53 PM

Not surprised that you're getting a lot of questions about this shaft.  There's such little information on it out there.  Seems to have slipped under the radar.

Thanks for the info and the replies!  I was fortunate enough to pick one up cheap and put it in my G400 Max.  Really helped flatten the flight and reduce the spin.

9.0* Ping G400 MAX w/ Kuro Kage XD 70
14.5*   PRGR EGG HD w/ P9003
17*   Ping G w/ Tour 90
24*   Honma TW-U w/ Vizard IB 105
5-PW  Callaway Legacy Black (2011) w/ Modus3 125
52/08  OnOff 2015 Kuro Forged Wedge Black Finish
56/08 & 60/08 Fourteen RM 21 w/ Modus 125 Wedge
Ever rotating 3 Putting implement of humiliation

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors