Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Mud Golf


72 replies to this topic

#1 platgof

platgof

    platgof

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125351
  • Joined: 03/27/2011
  • Location:Clarksville, Tenn
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:platgof
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

The rain has nearly destroyed area golf courses here. I have never seen it as bad as this year. Had a 5 hour round as it was cart path only and the course was nearly impossible to walk on without busting your a**. Fairway shots were terrible as the mud dragged your club. I guess I need to either keep looking for other golf courses that aren't so bad or wait till they are repaired.

TM 16 M2 HL
F7 4 & 7 wood
GBB OS 4, 5 Hybrid
GBB OS 6-AW
Cleveland C3, S3 Wedges
SC X5
Chrome Soft

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 elwhippy

elwhippy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 663

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

We use mats in the winter to protect our fairways. I don't like them but the fairways get a loss less hammer.

2

#3 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 29,083 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 16107

Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

I don't mind playing if the course is a bit wet, but right now they are saturated, and I don't really enjoy slogging through the muck.
Callaway GBB Epic
Callaway GBB Epic 3/7
Callaway Steelhead XR 5
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54/58/62
Callaway Odyssey Works Tank 1W

3

#4 pearsonified

pearsonified

    Extreme enthusiast

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357207
  • Joined: 01/09/2015
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 954

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

I used to hate this when I lived in Kentucky.

There are plenty of years where there is so much rain from March through May that you literally have ZERO opportunities to play on a non-saturated course.
PING G400 Max 9º •• Project X HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.5 (tipped 0.5")
TM M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65x
Callaway Apex 20º •• Project X EvenFlow Black Hybrid 6.5
Adams CMB 4-P (24º-46º) •• KBS C-Taper 130x
Nike VR Forged 50º/10º •• KBS Tour 130x
Vokey SM5 54º/10º M •• DG S400
Nike Engage 60º Toe Sweep •• DG S200
TM Spider Tour Limited 35"

2018 Tournament Index: 5.07 (super bummed about this, see results)
2017 Tournament Index: 2.66

Current anti-handicap: 6.1

4

#5 mackepa

mackepa

    #TheWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
  • Joined: 09/04/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2141

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

I played the other day here in Cincinnati and it was unbelievably wet. Even when trying to pick a wedge clean I still took a rather large divot. Iím glad to get out and actually play but I much prefer firm and fast.

#TheWRX 12/11/16 Fujikura Atmos Testing 3/17 http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__2550 Callaway WIT Rogue SubZero 9* w/ AD TP 6s 44.75" Rogue 15* w/ AD TP 7s 42.75" Currently Rotating: Apex Hybrid 18* w/ AD DI 85s X Forged UT 18* w/Recoil 110X Apex MB 4-PW W/ KBS Tour V 120X MD4 52s, 55s, 60x w/ Project X 6.0 Toulon Garage Austin Proto---Or---Toulon Atlanta

5

#6 1Mordrid1

1Mordrid1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494342
  • Joined: 02/22/2018
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:41 AM

As someone who lives in Phoenix, what is this "rain" stuff you speak of?
WITB

Callaway Rogue driver w/ Oban Tour Limited 4 60
Taylormade R15 3 wood w/ Kurocage 60 tini s
Nike Sasquatch Sumo #2 & #4 hybrids w/ H Diamana s
Callaway Steelhead XR 5-aw irons w/ xp95 st15
Callaway Mack Daddy pm grind 56 /KBS Tour V
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 60 c-grind 8° bounce/KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback
Team Effort Collegiate TCU bag
Z Star XV

6

#7 andrue

andrue

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458618
  • Joined: 03/13/2017
  • Location:South Northants, UK
  • Handicap:22
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

It's bad here as well. Never known it this bad and we have rain forecast for the rest of the week.
Callaway XR Driver.
Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
Cleveland 60* LW
Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).

7

#8 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,000 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 20586

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

our courses aren't open yet, but typically the first few weeks are super wet. I think that's normal
Ping G LS Tec 9 w/ Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

8

#9 youraway2

youraway2

    Just Old Sticks

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25945
  • Joined: 02/24/2007
  • Location:Niceville Florida
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:youraway
GolfWRX Likes : 318

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

View Post1Mordrid1, on 01 April 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

As someone who lives in Phoenix, what is this "rain" stuff you speak of?
Funny, but here's a true story; I was visiting and playing Luke.  It was beautiful and clear, not a speck of a cloud in the sky.  On 14 I saw a small cloud and mentioned its rarity and darkness.  Before we completed the hole, it started raining hard, very hard large drops.  Then the hail started beaning us and it hurt.  It stopped and on the 15th tee a dust storm came in and we couldn't see, we were wet from the rain and by the time the dust (brown out dirt) passed, we were covered with mud. From then on I always question the weather in Phoenix.

9

#10 Pulledabill

Pulledabill

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478786
  • Joined: 08/13/2017
  • Location:Keizer, OR
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:04 PM

View Postelwhippy, on 31 March 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

We use mats in the winter to protect our fairways. I don't like them but the fairways get a loss less hammer.

So you carry a mat around to hit off?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 ohioglfr

ohioglfr

    Municipal Junkie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193866
  • Joined: 07/22/2012
  • Location:Dayton, Ohio
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 221

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

View Postyouraway2, on 01 April 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Post1Mordrid1, on 01 April 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

As someone who lives in Phoenix, what is this "rain" stuff you speak of?
Funny, but here's a true story; I was visiting and playing Luke.  It was beautiful and clear, not a speck of a cloud in the sky.  On 14 I saw a small cloud and mentioned its rarity and darkness.  Before we completed the hole, it started raining hard, very hard large drops.  Then the hail started beaning us and it hurt.  It stopped and on the 15th tee a dust storm came in and we couldn't see, we were wet from the rain and by the time the dust (brown out dirt) passed, we were covered with mud. From then on I always question the weather in Phoenix.
. . . And then came the plague of locusts . . .

11

#12 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12389

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:05 PM

Besides getting your shoes and golf towel caked with mud, the thing that bugs me the most about playing soggy courses is chunking iron and wedge shots. You really have to catch the ball first. Even 1/8" fat and the ball goes nowhere...
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

12

#13 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
GolfWRX Likes : 9208

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:10 PM

Mud golf doesn't start until you get north of the Mason Dixon. The rest is flat-lander drama. ;)
Driver: Cobra F7+/ ?
Fairway: Cobra King LTD Black 4/ ?
Hybrids: Cobra F7 19.5, 22.5/ ?
Irons: Mizuno Mp-54 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold s300
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52, 58/Dynamic Gold s300
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X7
Ball: Titleist ProV1x


WITB

13

#14 md1m

md1m

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 313547
  • Joined: 05/07/2014
  • Location:Central Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 334

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:21 PM

View PostPulledabill, on 01 April 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

View Postelwhippy, on 31 March 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

We use mats in the winter to protect our fairways. I don't like them but the fairways get a loss less hammer.

So you carry a mat around to hit off?

Depending on when you play, you have to carry a mat to hit off of at St. Andrews.
Clubs are fluid

14

#15 Russ T

Russ T

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 408164
  • Joined: 01/09/2016
  • Location:NB Canada
  • Handicap:6.3
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:28 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 01 April 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

our courses aren't open yet, but typically the first few weeks are super wet. I think that's normal
That's how it is in New Brunswick


15

#16 cherokee8215

cherokee8215

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72469
  • Joined: 01/11/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 480

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:43 AM

This time of year, I usually play the next set of tees forward than usual to make up for the lack of roll. As a walker, I'll seek out courses that are temporarily walking only and not letting carts out to avoid getting stuck in a 5-hour cartpath only mess.

16

#17 andrue

andrue

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458618
  • Joined: 03/13/2017
  • Location:South Northants, UK
  • Handicap:22
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:01 AM

Amazingly the forecast has changed and it now shows the week becoming dry. Overcast, but dry. Now all I need is to work out how to get my trailing elbow back to my hip and I'll be set :)

View Postthug the bunny, on 01 April 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Besides getting your shoes and golf towel caked with mud, the thing that bugs me the most about playing soggy courses is chunking iron and wedge shots. You really have to catch the ball first. Even 1/8" fat and the ball goes nowhere...
My 64 degree can go right underneath a ball and barely move it if the ground is saturated :(

Edited by andrue, 02 April 2018 - 07:03 AM.

Callaway XR Driver.
Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
Cleveland 60* LW
Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).

17

#18 mesquite2

mesquite2

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48895
  • Joined: 02/14/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:35 AM

Yesterday here in New Jersey it was 59 degrees & we were 90* for cart rules. Today it is snowing with 3-5 inches predicted, Happy April!

18

#19 bazinky

bazinky

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33287
  • Joined: 06/29/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 645

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:15 AM

View Postpearsonified, on 01 April 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

I used to hate this when I lived in Kentucky.

There are plenty of years where there is so much rain from March through May that you literally have ZERO opportunities to play on a non-saturated course.

As someone who currently lives in KY, I can attest to this. This spring has actually been the worst one that I can remember for golf. In addition to the constant rain, we have also been a good 20 degrees below our normal temps for this time of year. Most courses have gone over to zoysia, so the fairways are still completely dormant on top of being saturated.

It makes me depressed just to talk about it.
Cobra LTD @10.5 - UST Elements Chrome 6F4
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 @C1 (15.75) - MRC D+ Limited 80 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro @20 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro @23 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S
Ping i20 5-UW - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
Ping Glide 54 SS - CFS Wedge S - Blue Dot
Ping Glide 58 ES - CFS Wedge S - Black Dot
Titleist Studio Select Newport 2 - 33"

19

#20 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3540

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:27 AM

Love the slop!


Attached File  tumblr_mvb2jzz3GO1rm4mpho1_500.png   285.38K   23 downloads


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 mesquite2

mesquite2

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48895
  • Joined: 02/14/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

Well, the snow stopped, only got a coating, weather people wrong again. Temp is only 38 though, 20 below normal, not supposed to warm up until after April 13th, can't come soon enough. Our courses are pretty soft, but very playable.

21

#22 Roody

Roody

    You ride her until she bucks you or don't ride at all

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63452
  • Joined: 08/16/2008
  • Location:Rochester, NY
  • Handicap:8.9
GolfWRX Likes : 555

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

Be glad it's warm enough for you to get out at all. It's still 30-40 degrees up here in NY. Never mind that the ground is still sloppy. At least I get to enjoy the Masters this week.
Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2
Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
Odyssey Black Series #7
Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges

22

#23 Big Ben

Big Ben

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Joined: 04/21/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 942

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

Pick pick pick! We have two or three sand based courses (old quarry's) in Northeastern Ohio and they simply can't flood. Sucks right through the joints it's amazing! BB

Edited by Big Ben, 02 April 2018 - 09:49 PM.

Irons: 3/10 Edel carbon RAW, Fourteen FH-1000
Drivers: Ping G400
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's  
Putter: Toulon Indianapolis
Balls: 2017 B330s

23

#24 keads

keads

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490814
  • Joined: 01/12/2018
  • Location:Seattle
  • Handicap:6.3
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

Man, I'm sorry to hear. Nothing worse than playing mud ball (which I play year round up here).

24

#25 Swingingk

Swingingk

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114135
  • Joined: 09/01/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 344

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:59 PM

View Postandrue, on 02 April 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

Amazingly the forecast has changed and it now shows the week becoming dry. Overcast, but dry. Now all I need is to work out how to get my trailing elbow back to my hip and I'll be set :)

View Postthug the bunny, on 01 April 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Besides getting your shoes and golf towel caked with mud, the thing that bugs me the most about playing soggy courses is chunking iron and wedge shots. You really have to catch the ball first. Even 1/8" fat and the ball goes nowhere...
My 64 degree can go right underneath a ball and barely move it if the ground is saturated :(

I used to play a 64 until I left it in the grass beside a green...  on purpose.  Best thing I ever did for my short-game.  Mine was cursed though.   Probably should have thrust a wooden stake through its heart and killed it properly, rather than leave it for some poor unsuspecting sod.  That would have been the responsible thing to do.  Lol


25

#26 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12389

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

View Postkeads, on 02 April 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

Man, I'm sorry to hear. Nothing worse than playing mud ball (which I play year round up here).

I remember playing near Portland once around November. I was on travel so I rented clubs and wore my LL Bean moccasin style shoes. Three times the mud sucked the shoes right off my feet.
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

26

#27 wkuo3

wkuo3

    RELEASE

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20890
  • Joined: 10/24/2006
  • Handicap:11.2
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

View Post1Mordrid1, on 01 April 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

As someone who lives in Phoenix, what is this "rain" stuff you speak of?

Phoenix does not have rain, Phoenix has flash flood.

27

#28 wkuo3

wkuo3

    RELEASE

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20890
  • Joined: 10/24/2006
  • Handicap:11.2
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

View Postthug the bunny, on 02 April 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

View Postkeads, on 02 April 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

Man, I'm sorry to hear. Nothing worse than playing mud ball (which I play year round up here).

I remember playing near Portland once around November. I was on travel so I rented clubs and wore my LL Bean moccasin style shoes. Three times the mud sucked the shoes right off my feet.

Portland has a lot of rain , especially in recent years with the Pacific Storm coming up from the South .  
I was wearing Polo Shirt and shorts the past Saturday , and Sunday evening we had 12" of snow just 18 miles away from my house.
Won't be any good golf course condition until into the month of June.  And we'll be expecting a hot and dry Summer.

28

#29 andrue

andrue

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458618
  • Joined: 03/13/2017
  • Location:South Northants, UK
  • Handicap:22
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:51 AM

View PostSwingingk, on 02 April 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

View Postandrue, on 02 April 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

Amazingly the forecast has changed and it now shows the week becoming dry. Overcast, but dry. Now all I need is to work out how to get my trailing elbow back to my hip and I'll be set :)

View Postthug the bunny, on 01 April 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Besides getting your shoes and golf towel caked with mud, the thing that bugs me the most about playing soggy courses is chunking iron and wedge shots. You really have to catch the ball first. Even 1/8" fat and the ball goes nowhere...
My 64 degree can go right underneath a ball and barely move it if the ground is saturated :(

I used to play a 64 until I left it in the grass beside a green...  on purpose.  Best thing I ever did for my short-game.  Mine was cursed though.   Probably should have thrust a wooden stake through its heart and killed it properly, rather than leave it for some poor unsuspecting sod.  That would have been the responsible thing to do.  Lol
Nah, I wub my 64. Mind you I don't use it around the green. I use it from about 70 yards out. That's why I bought it - letting me get closer to the green without having to chip. Mind you it's also damn' good in bunkers :)
Callaway XR Driver.
Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
Cleveland 60* LW
Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).

29

#30 BKN1964

BKN1964

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 355701
  • Joined: 01/01/2015
  • Location:Northern Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 606

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:14 AM

View Postbazinky, on 02 April 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

View Postpearsonified, on 01 April 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

I used to hate this when I lived in Kentucky.

There are plenty of years where there is so much rain from March through May that you literally have ZERO opportunities to play on a non-saturated course.

As someone who currently lives in KY, I can attest to this. This spring has actually been the worst one that I can remember for golf. In addition to the constant rain, we have also been a good 20 degrees below our normal temps for this time of year. Most courses have gone over to zoysia, so the fairways are still completely dormant on top of being saturated.

It makes me depressed just to talk about it.

I'm in KY also.  Glad to hear it's not just me.  I thought I was just being my typical obsessive self.

I thought once DST hit I'd be out every evening, plus at least one day on the weekends.  I've only been able to get out about 1-2 times per week for the past 2 months.  The course has ranged from wet to sloppy the entire time.

On the plus side, it's usually just me and maybe 1-2 other people on the course, so I'm getting a lot of practice in playing multiple balls or multiple shots from each spot.  One day the GM even remarked to me "What are these other people doing on your course?".

Edited by BKN1964, 03 April 2018 - 07:14 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors