Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Shot Scope V2 adds distance to hazards

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ilovenewtech

ilovenewtech

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 373955
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:43 AM

Got an email today to say Shot Scope has made an upgrade to their V2 to add distances to hazards which includes front/back distances to bunkers and water.

Pretty cool update, they also mention new penalty functionality on the band and a 5 minute lost ball timer!

There is a new performance dashboard being released on Monday and a few screenshots from it are on their website (shotscope.com).

I think it is becoming a straight fight between Shot Scope and Arccos in performance tracking. If you are happy wearing a watch then use Shot Scope and if you prefer a phone in your pocket then go with Arccos. Not sure why you would use other GPS watches.

Anyways after the terrible weather here in the UK looking forward to getting on the course!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 bsawhney

bsawhney

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209181
  • Handicap:15.1
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

View Postilovenewtech, on 30 March 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

Got an email today to say Shot Scope has made an upgrade to their V2 to add distances to hazards which includes front/back distances to bunkers and water.

Pretty cool update, they also mention new penalty functionality on the band and a 5 minute lost ball timer!

There is a new performance dashboard being released on Monday and a few screenshots from it are on their website (shotscope.com).

I think it is becoming a straight fight between Shot Scope and Arccos in performance tracking. If you are happy wearing a watch then use Shot Scope and if you prefer a phone in your pocket then go with Arccos. Not sure why you would use other GPS watches.

Anyways after the terrible weather here in the UK looking forward to getting on the course!

The new performance dashboard is looking good, looks to be much more useful than before with all the data plotted out, and easier to use.

For the hazard distances, do I need to upgrade my device software?

#3 ilovenewtech

ilovenewtech

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

Yeh, just plug it into the computer. I got an email about it all.

Totally agree re performance dashboard - big leap forward.

#4 Glynntaylor

Glynntaylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464732
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:08 AM

Ive been advised today that there rolling the new performance hub into the app as well. Looks a lot better and stats are a lot clearer. Excellent move!

#5 ilovenewtech

ilovenewtech

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

Good article for anyone interested.

https://mygolfspy.com/shot-scope-v2/

#6 CFH

CFH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 347875
  • Handicap:24
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:36 AM

View Postbsawhney, on 02 April 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

The new performance dashboard is looking good, looks to be much more useful than before with all the data plotted out, and easier to use.

yes you do, you need to download the desktop app which can be found under the "get started" tab on the website, then plug the watch in and it updates the software, then it has to do a course update for the hazards

#7 bsawhney

bsawhney

Advanced

• 290 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:34 AM

View PostCFH, on 06 April 2018 - 04:36 AM, said:

View Postbsawhney, on 02 April 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

yes you do, you need to download the desktop app which can be found under the "get started" tab on the website, then plug the watch in and it updates the software, then it has to do a course update for the hazards

Thanks upgraded last night, usually I sync the data using the android app and never have a need to connect it to the desktop app.

It would be great if they could do firmware updates for the device via the phone app as well in the future if possible.

Will be playing two rounds this weekend, so will get to try out the new hazard features, will report back how usable it is and helpful.

#8 freewill

freewill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481160
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:29 AM

Can anyone whos updated comment on the hazard info display and functionality?  As in, a screenshot or two, and how the info is accessed?  (Just bought an S20 and the various button pressing is getting annoying quickly)

Thanks

ETA: just found this for anyone with similar questions:  https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005621765-Distances-to-Hazards?mobile_site=true

Edited by freewill, 10 April 2018 - 05:36 AM.

#9 ilovenewtech

ilovenewtech

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:30 AM

I will get a photo next time I am on the course, but from when V2 is showing distances it is one button click to show hazards and then one button click back to distances.

Simple to use.

#10 jdang307

jdang307

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 470498
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

I have a Voice Caddy VoiceX. Annoying that the wristband is only available by them, and with shipping it's $45. Selling that and getting this.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 bsawhney

bsawhney

Advanced

• 290 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:29 PM

The hazard feature works great, played two rounds with it last week. Very easy to use, just need to remember that it exists and push the button to see the distances.

Tomorrow I am playing a round in the morning and will check the accuracy with a laser to see if it can replace my laser completely, that will be awesome if it is accurate.

#12 bsawhney

bsawhney

Advanced

• 290 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

Played a couple of rounds more with the hazard feature, it works great and is easy to use.

Mostly I don't see a need to laser the bunkers anymore, but on some holes it did not show me any hazards when the hole did have a green side bunker, I am guessing this is a mapping issue, maybe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors