Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bomber_11 WITB 2018 (Greyson/Seamus/Jones/ButtonBack/PIC HEAVY)


134 replies to this topic

#91 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:47 AM

View Postschimmel, on 11 July 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

how does the m3 460 perform compared to the 440 and rogue sz for you?

I found the M3 440 and Rogue SZ to spin a little less than M3 460, but neither had as good of feel or forgiveness in comparison to M3 460.

Rogue SZ was probably longest of the pack when you hit one dead nuts center, but mishits seemed to be punished considerably more w/ Rogue SZ and M3 440.

I'm glad I tried M3 460 because I almost wrote it off after trying 440. Very pleasantly surprised by this club :)

Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#92 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:38 PM

View Postddetts, on 30 May 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 18 May 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:


How do you like the Pro+? I've been playing for about a year and really like it. I can't say I've been on a launch monitor to really know if I've lost or gained anything, but all my distances and spin still seem the same to what I was getting from other premium brands.

Hey dude - just realized I never got back to you.

I really like the Pro+, I'd put them right on par with TP5, Pro V1, etc.

The only ball I like more than the Pro Plus is the Nike Rzn Dot Platinum :( but sadly I had to eventually find a replacement for those - which is shaping up to be the Pro+
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

2

#93 ddetts

ddetts

    Ty Webb

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63197
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
  • Location:Sioux Falls, SD
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:49 PM

View PostBomber_11, on 14 July 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

View Postddetts, on 30 May 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 18 May 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:


How do you like the Pro+? I've been playing for about a year and really like it. I can't say I've been on a launch monitor to really know if I've lost or gained anything, but all my distances and spin still seem the same to what I was getting from other premium brands.

Hey dude - just realized I never got back to you.

I really like the Pro+, I'd put them right on par with TP5, Pro V1, etc.

The only ball I like more than the Pro Plus is the Nike Rzn Dot Platinum :( but sadly I had to eventually find a replacement for those - which is shaping up to be the Pro+

In another thread, a user with similar swing speeds and distances as me said they liked the Soft better for feel and had about 10 more yards driver distance. I'm going to have to give it a try.
-----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
Callaway X Utility Prototype 18°, KBS Tour 120
Mizuno MP-54 3-4 | MP 15 5-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite S
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Posted Image  Posted Image

3

#94 schimmel

schimmel

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88881
  • Joined: 07/18/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:21 AM

View PostBomber_11, on 11 July 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

View Postschimmel, on 11 July 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

how does the m3 460 perform compared to the 440 and rogue sz for you?

I found the M3 440 and Rogue SZ to spin a little less than M3 460, but neither had as good of feel or forgiveness in comparison to M3 460.

Rogue SZ was probably longest of the pack when you hit one dead nuts center, but mishits seemed to be punished considerably more w/ Rogue SZ and M3 440.

I'm glad I tried M3 460 because I almost wrote it off after trying 440. Very pleasantly surprised by this club :)
thanks for the feedback, nice gear and thread you got over here

4

#95 TaterWoods22

TaterWoods22

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 507746
  • Joined: 07/20/2018
  • Location:Alberta
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:47 AM

As a fellow Koepka fan, I wish I could get those 900 tours, a vapor fly pro or a button back in left hand. Awesome bag easily my favorite on this site.

My Bag
Driver Ping G400 Max 10.5*- Diamana D+ 72x
3 wood 2016 Taylormade M2 15*- Fujikura Speeder 757x
Driving iron Titleist T-MB 2i- Tour AD 95x
4 iron Ping i200- C-taper 130x
5-P Ping iBlade- C-taper 130x
Wedges Vokey SM6 50F/54S/60S- Dynamic Gold Wedge
Putter Odyssey WHP #7 or Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Ball Vice Pro Plus White

5

#96 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

View PostTaterWoods22, on 20 July 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

As a fellow Koepka fan, I wish I could get those 900 tours, a vapor fly pro or a button back in left hand. Awesome bag easily my favorite on this site.

Thanks dude!
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

6

#97 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

More solid time spent at the range!

I've gone (11) consecutive 9-hole stretches without finishing over par - so the game is coming together really well. (married w/ kids so most of my golf is 9 holes at a time) :)

It helps to get a birdie and say "ok now lets go get more" instead of birdie-ing then feeling like you have a cushion to play with.

IMG_3570.png
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

7

#98 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 845

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:05 PM

you liking the 900 tours better than the blade sets you were playing?

8

#99 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

View PostRedjeep83, on 20 July 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

you liking the 900 tours better than the blade sets you were playing?

They're a little softer at impact than the Callaway or Taylormade blades were - but overall forgiveness/performance they're very comparable.

Lots of people go into it thinking JPX900 Tour's are going to be a compact yet forgiving combo - and they're compact and essentially as forgiving as an MB.

I warn/educate as many people as i can, because it takes top level ball striking to maximize the performance of these.

that being said, if you have the needed skillset then they're absolutely money. I actually enjoy opportunities to pull the long irons out because I can hit shots on an absolute string with these.
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

9

#100 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 845

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostBomber_11, on 20 July 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostRedjeep83, on 20 July 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

you liking the 900 tours better than the blade sets you were playing?

They're a little softer at impact than the Callaway or Taylormade blades were - but overall forgiveness/performance they're very comparable.

Lots of people go into it thinking JPX900 Tour's are going to be a compact yet forgiving combo - and they're compact and essentially as forgiving as an MB.

I warn/educate as many people as i can, because it takes top level ball striking to maximize the performance of these.

that being said, if you have the needed skillset then they're absolutely money. I actually enjoy opportunities to pull the long irons out because I can hit shots on an absolute string with these.

I demoed the 6 iron all the time last year but never pulled the trigger on them over the iblades I've got, probably should have. You ever compare them to the mp 18 blades?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#101 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,909 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1872

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

How are those p730's?  If they came in satin, I would have a set already.

11

#102 Gtyler14

Gtyler14

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442830
  • Joined: 10/08/2016
  • Location:Va
  • Handicap:+2.2
  • Ebay ID:Repsol_rr
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

View PostBomber_11, on 20 July 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostRedjeep83, on 20 July 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

you liking the 900 tours better than the blade sets you were playing?

They're a little softer at impact than the Callaway or Taylormade blades were - but overall forgiveness/performance they're very comparable.

Lots of people go into it thinking JPX900 Tour's are going to be a compact yet forgiving combo - and they're compact and essentially as forgiving as an MB.

I warn/educate as many people as i can, because it takes top level ball striking to maximize the performance of these.

that being said, if you have the needed skillset then they're absolutely money. I actually enjoy opportunities to pull the long irons out because I can hit shots on an absolute string with these.

I loved the feel of the 900 tours. When I went and got fitted last year it was down to the p750 and the 900 tour but the 750 edged them out but I absolutely loved the feel of them. Could of went with them and would of been just as happy.
Tour issue M4 8.5 w/ Kuro Kage dual core 70TX tipped 1 44
Tour issue M1 T3 14.3 Kuro Kage dual core 80TX tipped 1 42.5 or Diamana bf 80TX tipped 1
Tour issue TM m1 3HL 17.8 fujikura p95x tipped 1 41.75
TM 790 UDI x100 39.75
TM 750 tour Proto 3-pw tour issue x100
TM MG AB 54 Tour issue  x100
TM MG AB 60 tour issue x100
Nike method 001
Scotty Cameron select Newport 2

12

#103 Jeffyr11

Jeffyr11

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22462
  • Joined: 12/05/2006
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

View PostBomber_11, on 10 July 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostJeffyr11, on 10 July 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

I have been resisting going to the Vapor Fly.  What are your thoughts in comparison to the 790 that you had earlier in the year?

I like it a lot more so far, but I think that has more to do w/ the shaft than the head. The P790 and Vapor Fly Pro are pretty comparable on feel (maybe slightly softer and less clicky w/ Nike) but the Tensei Pro White 90TX was a little stout/boardy/low launch for what I was looking for.

As strictly a tee-shot club, the P790 + Tensei combo was stellar. But I like my driving iron to also be somehting i can play from 245 out on a par 5 and land soft, and the P790 just didn't do that for me. The NIke Vapor Fly Pro w/ AD-95X hits a massive peak height and lands like a butterfly - but is also versatile enough to hit a mid-launch bullet off the tee box.

I pulled the trigger on the Vapor Fly Pro and it is exactly as you described.  Soft of the face, gets up in the air, lands soft.  

Thanks again.
Taylor Made M2 10.5* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 70 TX
Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 TX
PXG 0317 19* w/ Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5
Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4) w/ Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour (5-9) w/ DG X100
Titleist Vokey SM7 46F/ 50F/ 54M/ 58M w/ DG S400
Scotty Cameron Select Newport or Futura X5

13

#104 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:53 PM

View PostJeffyr11, on 24 July 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 10 July 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostJeffyr11, on 10 July 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

I have been resisting going to the Vapor Fly.  What are your thoughts in comparison to the 790 that you had earlier in the year?

I like it a lot more so far, but I think that has more to do w/ the shaft than the head. The P790 and Vapor Fly Pro are pretty comparable on feel (maybe slightly softer and less clicky w/ Nike) but the Tensei Pro White 90TX was a little stout/boardy/low launch for what I was looking for.

As strictly a tee-shot club, the P790 + Tensei combo was stellar. But I like my driving iron to also be somehting i can play from 245 out on a par 5 and land soft, and the P790 just didn't do that for me. The NIke Vapor Fly Pro w/ AD-95X hits a massive peak height and lands like a butterfly - but is also versatile enough to hit a mid-launch bullet off the tee box.

I pulled the trigger on the Vapor Fly Pro and it is exactly as you described.  Soft of the face, gets up in the air, lands soft.  

Thanks again.
.

That's awesome! Your bag looks great - you should definitely post a WITB on here (if you have already send me the link).

How do you like the Pro 95 Tour Spec X in your Vapor Fly Pro? I enjoy this graphite design but man can it get loose if I'm not careful.
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

14

#105 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:55 PM

View Postkekoa, on 20 July 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

How are those p730's?  If they came in satin, I would have a set already.

They're great irons - IMO probably the most surprising blade of 2018 (MP18, 718MB, Apex MB, etc.) simply because Taylormade has always been the distance iron company, and i didn't think they could come out of the gate (after not making a true blade since 2014) and deliver a set of irons like these.

You can have them satin! Just take a scotchbrite pad and rub them over and over in the same direction and you'll get a nice dulling of the color and they'll look like they came factory like that.

Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

15

#106 Jeffyr11

Jeffyr11

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22462
  • Joined: 12/05/2006
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostBomber_11, on 24 July 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

View PostJeffyr11, on 24 July 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 10 July 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostJeffyr11, on 10 July 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

I have been resisting going to the Vapor Fly.  What are your thoughts in comparison to the 790 that you had earlier in the year?

I like it a lot more so far, but I think that has more to do w/ the shaft than the head. The P790 and Vapor Fly Pro are pretty comparable on feel (maybe slightly softer and less clicky w/ Nike) but the Tensei Pro White 90TX was a little stout/boardy/low launch for what I was looking for.

As strictly a tee-shot club, the P790 + Tensei combo was stellar. But I like my driving iron to also be somehting i can play from 245 out on a par 5 and land soft, and the P790 just didn't do that for me. The NIke Vapor Fly Pro w/ AD-95X hits a massive peak height and lands like a butterfly - but is also versatile enough to hit a mid-launch bullet off the tee box.

I pulled the trigger on the Vapor Fly Pro and it is exactly as you described.  Soft of the face, gets up in the air, lands soft.  

Thanks again.
.

That's awesome! Your bag looks great - you should definitely post a WITB on here (if you have already send me the link).

How do you like the Pro 95 Tour Spec X in your Vapor Fly Pro? I enjoy this graphite design but man can it get loose if I'm not careful.

http://www.golfwrx.c...e-bag-jeffyr11/

I had the same troubles with the ADDI and had to get rid of it.  The Kuro Kage proto 100 was good but the Pro 95 is by far the best.  Great weight, can go after it without worrying about losing either way.  Great shaft, highly recommend.  It turned into my favorite club in the bag after 3 rounds with it.

And Koepka is playing it, so you know it is good lol.

Edited by Jeffyr11, 24 July 2018 - 04:13 PM.

Taylor Made M2 10.5* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 70 TX
Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 TX
PXG 0317 19* w/ Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5
Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4) w/ Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour (5-9) w/ DG X100
Titleist Vokey SM7 46F/ 50F/ 54M/ 58M w/ DG S400
Scotty Cameron Select Newport or Futura X5

16

#107 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

Added a couple of new goodies this week :)

B6305A6C-89C5-46EF-A79E-68DB937ED377.jpeg

5EBBDB59-BED7-4B40-B45F-D12DE7F85604.jpeg
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

17

#108 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:23 PM

IMG_4249 (2).jpg IMG_4252 (3).jpg IMG_4253 (2).jpg IMG_4254 (2).jpg IMG_4251.jpg IMG_4255 (2).jpg IMG_4256.jpg IMG_4257.jpg
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

18

#109 TexasCarlos

TexasCarlos

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299742
  • Joined: 03/03/2014
  • Location:San Antonio Texas
  • Handicap:6.7
  • Ebay ID:thegunta2013
GolfWRX Likes : 318

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:02 PM

View PostBomber_11, on 17 September 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:


Putter and Irons both in BOMB condition, great pickups right there!
Taylormade Tour Issue 17' M2 - 9.5* - UST Elements Gold 6F5
Taylormade Tour Issue 16' M2 3W - 16.5* - Matrix Black Tie 80X
Mizuno - JPX 900 Tour - 3-PW - Dynamic Gold AMT - X100
Vokey SM7 - 50* 54* 60* Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400
Scotty Cameron GoLo 7

19

#110 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

Omitted my buddies faces since they're not active Wrx members :)

Took home more hardware :D

IMG_4246.jpg

Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#111 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Joined: 10/21/2012
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 926

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:26 AM

Congrats!
Ping G400Max 10.5° Matrix HD-10X Silver Proto @43.75"
TM M2 DF 16.5° Diamana W 80X
Nike T40 Tour 5T 19° Fujikura Fit-On 11 EX Pro 95X  
TaylorMade RSI UDI 3 Mitsu Tensei Pro White 90TX   
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Callaway MackDaddy2 PM-Grind 53°/60° KBS Tour-V
Scotty Futura 5S

21

#112 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:16 AM

IMG_4007.jpg
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

22

#113 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,959 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1987

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

How you liking the VRs compared to... I think you have gamed the Apex MB and also MP18s this year? Better hold on to those babies, they could be collectors items some day.
WITB
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SW - MD4 54/12W S200
LW MD4 58/12X S200 (Glide 2.0 & SM7 in test)
P - TP Black Copper Juno
Chrome Soft X
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

23

#114 ddetts

ddetts

    Ty Webb

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63197
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
  • Location:Sioux Falls, SD
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?
-----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
Callaway X Utility Prototype 18°, KBS Tour 120
Mizuno MP-54 3-4 | MP 15 5-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite S
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Posted Image  Posted Image

24

#115 Porterm23

Porterm23

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 267036
  • Joined: 07/29/2013
  • Location:Great White North
  • Handicap:2.6
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:51 AM

I might have to game my 006 proto. It is kind of a waste having such a pretty putter sit in the closet.

M1 440 9.5

GBB Epic Sub-Zero 15

Adams DHY 18

Vr PRO  3-PW

SM7 52 58

Method 001

Pro V1x

25

#116 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:59 AM

View Postddetts, on 18 September 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?

Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

26

#117 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 18 September 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

How you liking the VRs compared to... I think you have gamed the Apex MB and also MP18s this year? Better hold on to those babies, they could be collectors items some day.

Love the VR Pro's. I'm going to end up picking up some Vapor Pro's for the 3,4,5 irons just to give a hint of forgiveness (the VR pro 3-iron is unbelievably small).

I've always really enjoyed Nike's equipment to be honest with you. The Apex MB's, P730's, and JPX900 Tour's were all great irons and probably from a performance standpoint, were almost identical to the VR Pro's. I just like the feel, look at address, spin, etc. that the Nike's consistently give me.
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

27

#118 ddetts

ddetts

    Ty Webb

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63197
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
  • Location:Sioux Falls, SD
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostBomber_11, on 19 September 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

View Postddetts, on 18 September 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?

Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's

May I ask where you picked those up?
-----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
Callaway X Utility Prototype 18°, KBS Tour 120
Mizuno MP-54 3-4 | MP 15 5-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite S
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Posted Image  Posted Image

28

#119 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 845

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:10 AM

bomber, you ever gamed the old callaway x prototype style irons (razr x mb etc)? Always thought those were a cool MB but never played a set of them. I've got a razr x mb 6 iron at home that I practice with though.

29

#120 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3946

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:23 AM

View Postddetts, on 19 September 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 19 September 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

View Postddetts, on 18 September 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?

Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's

May I ask where you picked those up?

You can find them on eBay from time to time - spanning anywhere from $600 to $3,500.

Cheaper option is buy a used set of VR Pro's, take a coarse scotchbrite pad, and rub the heck out of them. It'll cause them to have a satin look.

Used sets are going for around $350-$500 in good condition, not to mention that taking the flashy chrome finish off of them also gets rid of a lot of bag chatter.

Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3+ w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Fujikura Pro 95X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ KBS 610 Wedge
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors