Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bomber_11 WITB 2018 (Greyson/Seamus/Jones/ButtonBack/PIC HEAVY)


136 replies to this topic

#121 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 4085

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:25 AM

View PostRedjeep83, on 19 September 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

bomber, you ever gamed the old callaway x prototype style irons (razr x mb etc)? Always thought those were a cool MB but never played a set of them. I've got a razr x mb 6 iron at home that I practice with though.

I can't say i have - I've only really been golfing since 2012 and my first set were Nike Slingshot 4D's. After that I had the 2014 Taylormade Tour Preferred MB's. I've never even owned a set of Callaway irons until my Apex MB's that I had earlier this year.

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5* w/ Diamana D+ 60X
Nike Vapor Fly 15* w/ Accra CS1 X
PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ Pink DG S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#122 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2420

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

Wow 6 years of golf and you are scratch, that's impressive. Did you have baseball/hockey/tennis experience prior? How much do you/have you practiced to go from what I assume would be starting off shooting 90s or 100's to 70s?
WITB
LTD Pro Kiyoshi HB 65X (other shafts on demo)
LTD Kai'li 70X
818H2 Tour Blue 85X
Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
TP Black Copper Juno
TP5X
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
Puma Ignite Pwradapt

2

#123 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 4085

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 19 September 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

Wow 6 years of golf and you are scratch, that's impressive. Did you have baseball/hockey/tennis experience prior? How much do you/have you practiced to go from what I assume would be starting off shooting 90s or 100's to 70s?

My only real background is just heavily involved in football and track & field at a high level.

When I was in college and got the strong desire for golf, I was getting up at 5:30am every morning to go golf before classes/practice. I did that for the better part of my first two years playing.

Since then I've practiced a lot less, but studied the game a lot more. Course strategy, mental approach, and overall fitness. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son, so I have to find ways to keep my game sharp without spending hours on the course practicing.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I've just simply always had the luxury of supreme distance off the tee, and that makes the rest of the game so much easier to manage.
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5* w/ Diamana D+ 60X
Nike Vapor Fly 15* w/ Accra CS1 X
PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ Pink DG S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.

3

#124 ddetts

ddetts

    Ty Webb

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63197
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
  • Location:Sioux Falls, SD
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:50 AM

View PostBomber_11, on 19 September 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

View Postddetts, on 19 September 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 19 September 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

View Postddetts, on 18 September 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?

Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's

May I ask where you picked those up?

You can find them on eBay from time to time - spanning anywhere from $600 to $3,500.

Cheaper option is buy a used set of VR Pro's, take a coarse scotchbrite pad, and rub the heck out of them. It'll cause them to have a satin look.

Used sets are going for around $350-$500 in good condition, not to mention that taking the flashy chrome finish off of them also gets rid of a lot of bag chatter.

Got it - I hadn't seen many sets on ebay last time I looked. I didn't think any came with the satin finish from the factory, but I recall back in the day of the original Nike blades some guys on tour (Justin Leonard for sure) had them in a satin chrome finish.

Did you add the satin finish to yours?
-----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
Mizuno MP-54 3-4 | MP 15 5-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite S
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Posted Image Posted Image

4

#125 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 4085

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:53 AM

View Postddetts, on 19 September 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 19 September 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

View Postddetts, on 19 September 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 19 September 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

View Postddetts, on 18 September 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?

Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's

May I ask where you picked those up?

You can find them on eBay from time to time - spanning anywhere from $600 to $3,500.

Cheaper option is buy a used set of VR Pro's, take a coarse scotchbrite pad, and rub the heck out of them. It'll cause them to have a satin look.

Used sets are going for around $350-$500 in good condition, not to mention that taking the flashy chrome finish off of them also gets rid of a lot of bag chatter.

Got it - I hadn't seen many sets on ebay last time I looked. I didn't think any came with the satin finish from the factory, but I recall back in the day of the original Nike blades some guys on tour (Justin Leonard for sure) had them in a satin chrome finish.

Did you add the satin finish to yours?

Bought mine off of a guy who used to be a member on here. He was a DFW native and got them from the Oven. To my knowledge that's the only place you can get satin VR pro's

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5* w/ Diamana D+ 60X
Nike Vapor Fly 15* w/ Accra CS1 X
PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ Pink DG S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.

5

#126 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2420

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostBomber_11, on 19 September 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 19 September 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

Wow 6 years of golf and you are scratch, that's impressive. Did you have baseball/hockey/tennis experience prior? How much do you/have you practiced to go from what I assume would be starting off shooting 90s or 100's to 70s?

My only real background is just heavily involved in football and track & field at a high level.

When I was in college and got the strong desire for golf, I was getting up at 5:30am every morning to go golf before classes/practice. I did that for the better part of my first two years playing.

Since then I've practiced a lot less, but studied the game a lot more. Course strategy, mental approach, and overall fitness. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son, so I have to find ways to keep my game sharp without spending hours on the course practicing.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I've just simply always had the luxury of supreme distance off the tee, and that makes the rest of the game so much easier to manage.
Lots of lessons or mostly self taught?

What things are you doing with having kids to keep improving... or heck, even just playing? I'll be in that boat soon.
WITB
LTD Pro Kiyoshi HB 65X (other shafts on demo)
LTD Kai'li 70X
818H2 Tour Blue 85X
Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
TP Black Copper Juno
TP5X
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
Puma Ignite Pwradapt

6

#127 ddetts

ddetts

    Ty Webb

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63197
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
  • Location:Sioux Falls, SD
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostBomber_11, on 19 September 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

View Postddetts, on 19 September 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:


Got it - I hadn't seen many sets on ebay last time I looked. I didn't think any came with the satin finish from the factory, but I recall back in the day of the original Nike blades some guys on tour (Justin Leonard for sure) had them in a satin chrome finish.

Did you add the satin finish to yours?

Bought mine off of a guy who used to be a member on here. He was a DFW native and got them from the Oven. To my knowledge that's the only place you can get satin VR pro's

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I saw a couple of "tour issue" satin finish ones on ebay earlier today. Wish it was a finish more companies offered!

Enjoy those irons, they are beautiful! And as a guy who played a fair amount of Nike gear in the past I'm very jealous. I don't have the game for blades through the bag, but I'd really like to find a new/like-new set of the VR Pro Combos (the first generation that had blades 8-PW.
-----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
Mizuno MP-54 3-4 | MP 15 5-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite S
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Posted Image Posted Image

7

#128 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 4085

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:10 PM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 19 September 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 19 September 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 19 September 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

Wow 6 years of golf and you are scratch, that's impressive. Did you have baseball/hockey/tennis experience prior? How much do you/have you practiced to go from what I assume would be starting off shooting 90s or 100's to 70s?

My only real background is just heavily involved in football and track & field at a high level.

When I was in college and got the strong desire for golf, I was getting up at 5:30am every morning to go golf before classes/practice. I did that for the better part of my first two years playing.

Since then I've practiced a lot less, but studied the game a lot more. Course strategy, mental approach, and overall fitness. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son, so I have to find ways to keep my game sharp without spending hours on the course practicing.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I've just simply always had the luxury of supreme distance off the tee, and that makes the rest of the game so much easier to manage.
Lots of lessons or mostly self taught?

What things are you doing with having kids to keep improving... or heck, even just playing? I'll be in that boat soon.

Completely self taught - but would love to get lessons eventually.

The key to playing with kids in your life is either A. take them with you, or B. find time for golf that doesn't take away from family time.

With my job I'm able to golf a few times per week with clients or coworkers, so that helps. Then on the weekends it's usually about sneaking away when the suns coming up and be home by the time the rest of the house is stirring.

Occassionally I'll take the 4 year old with me, but she doesn't really have much interest. Just wants to drive the cart and listen to music lol.
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5* w/ Diamana D+ 60X
Nike Vapor Fly 15* w/ Accra CS1 X
PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ Pink DG S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.

8

#129 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2420

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:39 PM

I mean, at scratch what more do you need to improve? lol

I figure when I have kids golfing will probably cease for a little while but then maybe I'll get the chance to hit one of the local courses that opens up really early for 9 holes or something every now and then. I figure that if I really want to keep swinging a club, the best bet is to figure out a way to build a hitting area at home. Not possible right now with how small my living space is, but I plan to move into a bigger space w the wife in a few years.

Keep the bag updates coming!
WITB
LTD Pro Kiyoshi HB 65X (other shafts on demo)
LTD Kai'li 70X
818H2 Tour Blue 85X
Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
TP Black Copper Juno
TP5X
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
Puma Ignite Pwradapt

9

#130 ProjectX_Mizuno

ProjectX_Mizuno

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58891
  • Joined: 06/25/2008
  • Handicap:+1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:26 PM

What was the reason behind the switch from the Apex MBís?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#131 wayupnorth

wayupnorth

    it's like red but not quite

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 418638
  • Joined: 04/01/2016
  • Location:way up north
  • Handicap:ego
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

this thread i like.

wicked.

jg.
09.50 // M2 TOUR ISSUE // KK DC XT70 TX
16.50 // M2 TOUR ISSUE // KK DC XT80 TX
19.50 // TOUR PREFERRED UDI // RP 110 F5
22.50 // VR PRO COMBO // DG X100
25.50 // VR PRO COMBO // DG X100
28.50 // VR PRO COMBO // DG X100
32.50 // VR PRO COMBO // DG X100
36.50 // VR PRO COMBO // DG X100
40.50 // VR PRO COMBO // DG X100
45.00 // VR PRO COMBO // DG X100
49.50 // VR PRO COMBO // DG X100
54.00 // VR PRO DS // DG S400
58.50 // VR PRO DS // DG S400
04.00 // METHOD MODEL 001 // EI GJ 1.0

11

#132 extrastiff

extrastiff

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512346
  • Joined: 09/12/2018
  • Location:GA
GolfWRX Likes : 339

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:46 PM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 20 September 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

I mean, at scratch what more do you need to improve? lol

I figure when I have kids golfing will probably cease for a little while but then maybe I'll get the chance to hit one of the local courses that opens up really early for 9 holes or something every now and then. I figure that if I really want to keep swinging a club, the best bet is to figure out a way to build a hitting area at home. Not possible right now with how small my living space is, but I plan to move into a bigger space w the wife in a few years.

Keep the bag updates coming!

He is a self-taught scratch. . .thats a lot of potential. Get advice from someone awesome and who knows.

Wet socks after 9 holes by yourself is the best. Pin-hawk when the greens are dewy :golfer:
g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
columbus
jumbomax tour medium grips

12

#133 extrastiff

extrastiff

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512346
  • Joined: 09/12/2018
  • Location:GA
GolfWRX Likes : 339

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:48 PM

View PostBomber_11, on 20 September 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 19 September 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 19 September 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 19 September 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

Wow 6 years of golf and you are scratch, that's impressive. Did you have baseball/hockey/tennis experience prior? How much do you/have you practiced to go from what I assume would be starting off shooting 90s or 100's to 70s?

My only real background is just heavily involved in football and track & field at a high level.

When I was in college and got the strong desire for golf, I was getting up at 5:30am every morning to go golf before classes/practice. I did that for the better part of my first two years playing.

Since then I've practiced a lot less, but studied the game a lot more. Course strategy, mental approach, and overall fitness. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son, so I have to find ways to keep my game sharp without spending hours on the course practicing.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I've just simply always had the luxury of supreme distance off the tee, and that makes the rest of the game so much easier to manage.
Lots of lessons or mostly self taught?

What things are you doing with having kids to keep improving... or heck, even just playing? I'll be in that boat soon.

Completely self taught - but would love to get lessons eventually.

The key to playing with kids in your life is either A. take them with you, or B. find time for golf that doesn't take away from family time.

With my job I'm able to golf a few times per week with clients or coworkers, so that helps. Then on the weekends it's usually about sneaking away when the suns coming up and be home by the time the rest of the house is stirring.

Occassionally I'll take the 4 year old with me, but she doesn't really have much interest. Just wants to drive the cart and listen to music lol.

All meals-out at Top Golf
g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
columbus
jumbomax tour medium grips

13

#134 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 4085

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

View PostProjectX_Mizuno, on 20 September 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

What was the reason behind the switch from the Apex MB's?

A. Sold them at a high point for their value (heads only for well above $1k)

B. My Brooks Koepka fanboy thing I've got going on makes me basically have to play either Nike or Mizuno irons lol :)

Not too proud to admit he's my hero, and if I feel like I replicate him in some way, it helps my game even the slightest amount. Sounds cheesy but oh well!
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5* w/ Diamana D+ 60X
Nike Vapor Fly 15* w/ Accra CS1 X
PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ Pink DG S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.

14

#135 PatsNation

PatsNation

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125004
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Boston
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 382

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

Whats woods you switching too? Didnt no Brooks is switching

TM M3
TM M2 Tour Fairway
Titleist 816H2
TM P790 4-6
TM P760 7-PW
Vokeys
SC Newport

15

#136 TaterWoods22

TaterWoods22

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 507746
  • Joined: 07/20/2018
  • Location:Alberta
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:33 PM

From reading your new WITB i need an update of your new bag!
Im a fellow Nike fanboy from my college baseball days and you got me thinking about selling off all my gear to build a full nike bag.
My Bag
Driver Ping G400 Max 10.5*- Diamana D+ 72x
3 wood 2016 Taylormade M2 15*- Fujikura Speeder 757x
Driving iron Titleist T-MB 2i- Tour AD 95x
4 iron Ping i200- C-taper 130x
5-P Ping iBlade- C-taper 130x
Wedges Vokey SM6 Raw 50F/54S/60S- C-taper 125s+ Limited Gunmetal
Putter Odyssey WHP #7
Ball Vice Pro Plus White
Bag Nike Vapor X White/Black/Volt

16

#137 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 4085

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:53 AM

View PostTaterWoods22, on 30 January 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

From reading your new WITB i need an update of your new bag!
Im a fellow Nike fanboy from my college baseball days and you got me thinking about selling off all my gear to build a full nike bag.

Haha that's exactly what I did!

I'll snap some pics soon I have tons of new gear!
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5* w/ Diamana D+ 60X
Nike Vapor Fly 15* w/ Accra CS1 X
PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Nike Engage 52/56/60 w/ Pink DG S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.

17



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors