Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Played with a tiger mom and her 11 year old, not fun.

33 replies to this topic

#31 mikpga

mikpga

www.mikedeitersgolf.com

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20303
GolfWRX Likes : 595

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:06 PM

Truly a shame...

I've seen it before...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 CTgolf

CTgolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124521
GolfWRX Likes : 207

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:01 AM

View PostLlortamaisey, on 04 April 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

The OP did not play with a “Tiger Mom”. Anyone that has read the book knows that a Tiger Mom would not let their child play golf let alone sports. Amy Chua says as much. She was not very happy when Lulu picked up tennis and only tolerated it because there had been some relative Chinese success in the sport. Golf would be a big no no for a Tiger Mom.

Good point

Although given the success of some Chinese LPGA Tour Pros maybe golf would make the cut of tolerable activities (but ONLY if there is extra spare time after the necessities are met)

#33 nealkb

nealkb

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250856
  • Ebay ID:nealkb
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:31 AM

This is a vague generalization, but I feel a lot of the kids I see playing or at the range in the SF Area are asian kids. Too many have already beat the path of phenom musician. When I was in HS, asians had saturated badmintion only. I feel as time goes on, the parents push them towards other non-contact, not overly physically exerting sports (football etc.).
White R1 Graffaloy Bimatrix Pink Stiff
XHOT Pro 3W
XHOT Pro 3h XHOT (4-5H)
6-A XHot w SpeedStep 85 Stiff
MP-4 54 +58, SM-4 64
Scotty

#34 CTgolf

CTgolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124521
GolfWRX Likes : 207

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

View Postnealkb, on 05 April 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

This is a vague generalization, but I feel a lot of the kids I see playing or at the range in the SF Area are asian kids. Too many have already beat the path of phenom musician. When I was in HS, asians had saturated badmintion only. I feel as time goes on, the parents push them towards other non-contact, not overly physically exerting sports (football etc.).

Makes sense

Also, demographically 1/3 of SF are Asian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors