Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

TaylorMade...King of Backorders


157 replies to this topic

#151 Anser

Anser

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28177
  • Joined: 04/23/2007
  • Location:Indy
  • Ebay ID:ADX
GolfWRX Likes : 1225

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:36 PM

View PostEKELLY, on 10 May 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

View Postgmangolf, on 09 May 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

View PostDRRicks, on 08 May 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

TM's product is head and shoulders above everyone else's...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

Played TM for 10 years at least... definitely don't think the product is above everyone elses.  Agree that they seem to have some business plan challenges.
Their woods are super, irons get a bogey, ball is a double. The game goes in trends, TM's is going downhill, Callaway uphill, Titleist and Mizuno are sitting at a table in the middle playing cards, drinking beer.

The 790 is better than anything in Callaway's stable and the ball is fantastic

TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX 54/58
TaylorMade HiToe 64
Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#152 Dizz

Dizz

    J.W.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
  • Joined: 06/21/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2339

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:47 PM

View PostDRRicks, on 08 May 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.
G400 Max (9)- HZRDUS Yellow 75
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"

2

#153 DRRicks

DRRicks

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43733
  • Joined: 12/11/2007
  • Location:Baltimore, MD
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 962

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

View PostDizz, on 10 May 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostDRRicks, on 08 May 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.

Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.
Driver: Titleist TS2, Hzrdus Smoke 60
3 Wood: Titleist TS2, Rogue Black 70
5 Wood: Titleist TS3, EvenFlow Blue 75
3 Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 21* loft. Atmos TS8
4-9: Titleist 718 AP2, Dynamic Gold 105
PW: Vokey SM7 Raw 46.10, Dynamic Gold 115
GW: Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08, Dynamic Gold 115
LW: Vokey SM7 Raw 58.04, Dynamic Gold 115
Putter: Odyssey O-Works Black #7
Ball: Titleist ProV1

3

#154 n_rones

n_rones

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449536
  • Joined: 12/21/2016
  • Location:New York
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:20 AM

A buddy got his M3 driver about a month ago after waiting 6 weeks for it to come in. 5th round in with it the head cracked after he hit a tee shot. He called Taylormade and they told him to go to the retailer he bought it from. He took it in for inspection and they told him they'd be sending him a new head and quoted him 3 weeks. Hopefully they get it here faster than that because we leave for Florida in a week and a half.

Edited by n_rones, 15 May 2018 - 07:21 AM.

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5° Hzrdus Yellow 6.0 63
Callaway GBB Epic 15° Hzrdus Yellow 6.0 75
Callaway GBB Epic Hybrid 19° Recoil 780 F4
Srixon U45 23 Nippon 850GH
Srixon Z745 5-PW KBS Tour
Cleveland CBX 50°
Cleveland RTX 3 CB 56°
Cleveland RTX 3 60°
Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5

4

#155 Anser

Anser

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28177
  • Joined: 04/23/2007
  • Location:Indy
  • Ebay ID:ADX
GolfWRX Likes : 1225

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:40 AM

View PostDRRicks, on 11 May 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

View PostDizz, on 10 May 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostDRRicks, on 08 May 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.

Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.

But yours is ill-formed.

There is a lot of solid offerings out from many different vendors.  To say one is head and shoulders above the others is nothing more than myopic thinking based on your own bias.

TM does not own the wedge space, they're not even close.  The hi-toe is a nice product but they're not head and shoulders above anyone in wedges, putters or hybrids.  Drivers I tend to agree, fairways are many different good options, and irons, ignoring solid stuff from Srixon and others from the past few years is just silly.

Last year the Epic caught up to TM, I don't know how the Rogue is.

TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX 54/58
TaylorMade HiToe 64
Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1

5

#156 DRRicks

DRRicks

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43733
  • Joined: 12/11/2007
  • Location:Baltimore, MD
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 962

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

View PostAnser, on 15 May 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostDRRicks, on 11 May 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

View PostDizz, on 10 May 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostDRRicks, on 08 May 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.

Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.

But yours is ill-formed.

There is a lot of solid offerings out from many different vendors.  To say one is head and shoulders above the others is nothing more than myopic thinking based on your own bias.

TM does not own the wedge space, they're not even close.  The hi-toe is a nice product but they're not head and shoulders above anyone in wedges, putters or hybrids.  Drivers I tend to agree, fairways are many different good options, and irons, ignoring solid stuff from Srixon and others from the past few years is just silly.

Last year the Epic caught up to TM, I don't know how the Rogue is.

Now that I’ve read your wise words, I realize that I’ve been wrong. You, as always, know everything.

That’s what you were hoping I’d write, correct?
Driver: Titleist TS2, Hzrdus Smoke 60
3 Wood: Titleist TS2, Rogue Black 70
5 Wood: Titleist TS3, EvenFlow Blue 75
3 Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 21* loft. Atmos TS8
4-9: Titleist 718 AP2, Dynamic Gold 105
PW: Vokey SM7 Raw 46.10, Dynamic Gold 115
GW: Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08, Dynamic Gold 115
LW: Vokey SM7 Raw 58.04, Dynamic Gold 115
Putter: Odyssey O-Works Black #7
Ball: Titleist ProV1

6

#157 Anser

Anser

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28177
  • Joined: 04/23/2007
  • Location:Indy
  • Ebay ID:ADX
GolfWRX Likes : 1225

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

View PostDRRicks, on 15 May 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostAnser, on 15 May 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostDRRicks, on 11 May 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

View PostDizz, on 10 May 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostDRRicks, on 08 May 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.

Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.

But yours is ill-formed.

There is a lot of solid offerings out from many different vendors.  To say one is head and shoulders above the others is nothing more than myopic thinking based on your own bias.

TM does not own the wedge space, they're not even close.  The hi-toe is a nice product but they're not head and shoulders above anyone in wedges, putters or hybrids.  Drivers I tend to agree, fairways are many different good options, and irons, ignoring solid stuff from Srixon and others from the past few years is just silly.

Last year the Epic caught up to TM, I don't know how the Rogue is.

Now that I’ve read your wise words, I realize that I’ve been wrong. You, as always, know everything.

That’s what you were hoping I’d write, correct?

You can write anything you want it's clear you don't mind being wrong.

All major oem golf equipment is good now, the heads are all made in the same places and the same processes are used to build components into completed clubs.

Edited by Anser, 15 May 2018 - 08:43 PM.

TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX 54/58
TaylorMade HiToe 64
Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1

7

#158 DRRicks

DRRicks

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43733
  • Joined: 12/11/2007
  • Location:Baltimore, MD
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 962

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:12 AM

View PostAnser, on 15 May 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

View PostDRRicks, on 15 May 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostAnser, on 15 May 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostDRRicks, on 11 May 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

View PostDizz, on 10 May 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:



I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.

Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.

But yours is ill-formed.

There is a lot of solid offerings out from many different vendors.  To say one is head and shoulders above the others is nothing more than myopic thinking based on your own bias.

TM does not own the wedge space, they're not even close.  The hi-toe is a nice product but they're not head and shoulders above anyone in wedges, putters or hybrids.  Drivers I tend to agree, fairways are many different good options, and irons, ignoring solid stuff from Srixon and others from the past few years is just silly.

Last year the Epic caught up to TM, I don't know how the Rogue is.

Now that I’ve read your wise words, I realize that I’ve been wrong. You, as always, know everything.

That’s what you were hoping I’d write, correct?

You can write anything you want it's clear you don't mind being wrong.

All major oem golf equipment is good now, the heads are all made in the same places and the same processes are used to build components into completed clubs.

All made in the same place, huh? Cool. Look forward to seeing your bag of Tommy Armour equipment soon.
Driver: Titleist TS2, Hzrdus Smoke 60
3 Wood: Titleist TS2, Rogue Black 70
5 Wood: Titleist TS3, EvenFlow Blue 75
3 Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 21* loft. Atmos TS8
4-9: Titleist 718 AP2, Dynamic Gold 105
PW: Vokey SM7 Raw 46.10, Dynamic Gold 115
GW: Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08, Dynamic Gold 115
LW: Vokey SM7 Raw 58.04, Dynamic Gold 115
Putter: Odyssey O-Works Black #7
Ball: Titleist ProV1

8



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors