Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Pro sl feedback?

35 replies to this topic

#31 mac4pres

mac4pres

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104600
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

Really like my pro sl's. I find them more comfortable then my freestyles. They took a round or two for the leather break in. I did have one of the soles pull off the front after 6 months but FJ quickly replaced with no problems. I'm a 10.5 in Nike's and went with the 9.5 wide.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 EZCUSE

EZCUSE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456228
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:19 PM

I like my Pro SL's but I would say that they wear pretty easily. I think I've had them for two seasons and there is no doubt that thy are not as comfortable as they once were. I'm sure that's the same with any shoe. I will say that I notice that my left foot is really starting to supinate which has looking for a new shoe. I may go Pro SL's again but I hear Ecco and Sketchers are making some really good shoes.

#33 blindhack

blindhack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381214
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

Got my Pro SL as my first spikeless.  To me, they are comfortable but not too breathable.  I also tried out the Ecco Biom 3 and probably will get a pair of that as well becasue I found the Biom 3 more breathable.

Anyhow, played 5 rounds in the Pro SL and I know the leather will stretch a bit so I bougth the mid width even though it was snug at first.  After 5 rounds, the leather did stretch and fit my feet much better now and I am glad I didn't go with the initially more comfrotable wide width ones.  

It's a good buy for me and even thought some people say it's a nurse shoe, I find it visually one of the most appealing golf shoes on the market today especially if you wear long pants.

#34 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1358

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

Just got a pair, probably could have went a half size smaller but they are ok.  I feel like they may run a little narrow even though they feel roomy in the toe, but I may need to just break them in.  They are comfortable and stable though... I think I still like the LCV better right now but I am going to give the SL some more time.  I did walk 18 (carrying) last week and I felt good after the round.  Always a good sign to me in a shoe.
Ping G400 9*
Taylormade M2 15*
Srixon U45 20*
Srixon Z745 4-P
Titleist SM6 52/58
Byron Morgan DH89

#35 socalbonzi

socalbonzi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295076
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:22 PM

View Postmcc0819, on 25 April 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

I have two pairs (one with boa).  I've had both for almost two years now and probably have had 80+ rounds walking and riding combined.  Both have held up perfectly.  The leather inside the shoe has gotten softer and as a result have become very comfortable.  Fortunately, I haven't had issues with leather cracking or sole issues like i've read above.  I play where it rains often and I can confidently say that the water resistance is perfect in the conditions I play in.  Haven't had any issue with wet feet at all.  They also clean up very nicely.  Historically, i'm a nike golf shoe guy but I just can't say enough about the pro sl's.  They might be the perfect golf shoe.
This was actually my worry with the shoe (other than I think it may not look as good with shorts compared to pants).  I'm also in an area where it rains alot, and have tried to stay away from spikeless shoes as a result.  How did the traction perform during the wet rounds?

#36 C-rad

C-rad

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292245
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 359

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:16 AM

View Postsocalbonzi, on 08 June 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

View Postmcc0819, on 25 April 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

I have two pairs (one with boa).  I've had both for almost two years now and probably have had 80+ rounds walking and riding combined.  Both have held up perfectly.  The leather inside the shoe has gotten softer and as a result have become very comfortable.  Fortunately, I haven't had issues with leather cracking or sole issues like i've read above.  I play where it rains often and I can confidently say that the water resistance is perfect in the conditions I play in.  Haven't had any issue with wet feet at all.  They also clean up very nicely.  Historically, i'm a nike golf shoe guy but I just can't say enough about the pro sl's.  They might be the perfect golf shoe.
This was actually my worry with the shoe (other than I think it may not look as good with shorts compared to pants).  I'm also in an area where it rains alot, and have tried to stay away from spikeless shoes as a result.  How did the traction perform during the wet rounds?
no issues for me
Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 915 f 16.5*
Titleist 915 h 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Titleist sm6 52.12f 58.10s

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users