Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

My Bradley Putter Experience

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Rangelove

Dr Rangelove

1-putt-wonder

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 724 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14710
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:01 PM

For me, I'm kinda a local boy these days so it took me by surprise when my wife and I took a trip up to Grants Pass (about 1 hour away) and happened upon Bradley Putters. We went to just walk around their downtown area which is a bit eclectic and hip with kitschy shops and restaurants. As we walked along I noticed a storefront with putters in the window... my biggest weakness. They looked very caveman like was my initial thought, just the same, I had to go check them out. We went in and were met by owner/designer Brad Converse who was rushing around trying to get his act together for the PGA Show in Florida the following week. He took a breather to talk to me about his flatsticks, how they're made, show me some samples, and let me sink a few putts. After playing around with a few different designs I started nailing everything with a putter shaped like a TM Spider called The Widow Maker. It, as mentioned, has that winged mallet design, but looked like the head was made of jade colored marble. In reality it is a Polymer infused Wood. Nice balance, great feel, and like I said, was nailing every putt from 15' - 20'. I almost thought that maybe it was one of those tricks golf stores use where the hole is slightly depressed so EVERYTHING rolls in unless you really miss big. Not the case here, the hole wasn't really a hole, it was a above ground putting aid that was mobil and I moved it a couple of times, so nope, no hidden channels in the floor guiding my ball.

Now, as mentioned, my weakness is putters, total putter whore, but damn, the putter was priced at $595 and since retiring I'm trying to cut back on my expenditures other than playing. We said our goodbyes, wished Brad luck and walked away. We continued down the street and had a fantastic lunch at a little Thai place that turned out to be fabulous as well, figured as much since it was super crowded even though it was only around 11:30. As we enjoyed our meal, my wife looked at me and uttered words I wasn't expecting from her: "you really want the putter don't you? Well, then go buy it." I was dumbfounded but damn if I was about to start an argument in a restaurant. We finished and walked back up the street to Bradley's shop. Took a few more putts to make sure, whipped out a credit card, and walked out with putter number... too many to count!

All that happened about a month ago and we've been hammered by rain and snow ever since so I've been practicing with it at home with the occasional trip to the putting green when weather permitted. I must admit I struggled with alignment once outside in the real world. The alignment aid is about 1/20" wide and about 3/8" and with all the mottled look of the wood and polymer, I was distracted. Since the weather was crap I ended up placing a strip of tape on the head and creating a more pronounced alignment aid. Today was gorgeous so I finally made it back into the real world and played 9 at one of my local tracks with the purest, slickest greens around. Man oh man, almost everything dropped and those that didn't were snuggly tight. Happy with the new alignment mark, I called Brad when I got home and set up a session for tomorrow to get it a bit more permanently on the putter. It's another nice quirk about small companies, the desire to make things right, something you won't find with the large, behemoth manufactures whose product may be designed here but are manufactured overseas and once done, it's done.

So that is that, I'm jazzed to be putting the best I have in many years (used to be One-Putt-Wonder) and will keep you posted on the visit tomorrow.

Edited by Dr Rangelove, 12 March 2018 - 09:07 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 ChristopherMcDonald

ChristopherMcDonald

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 314501
  • Ebay ID:mcbainer019
GolfWRX Likes : 847

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

come on man no photos? YOU'RE KILLING  ME
Posted Image Speedline Super S Posted Image Kuro Kage Black 70
Posted ImageRBZ 3 Wood Posted ImageVS Proto by You 85
Posted Image2007 Burner 5 Wood Posted ImageSerrano 75
Posted Image Pro A12 3 Hybrid Posted ImageRip'd VS Proto 80
Posted Image XTD Tour 5-GW Posted Image Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
Posted Image Tour Issue 1018 56* Posted Image Dynamic Gold S300
Posted Image Tour Issue 1018 60* Posted Image Dynamic Gold S300
Posted Image Cameron & Crown 5MB
Posted Image Duo

#3 hrmgolf72

hrmgolf72

hrmgolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491714
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

Have followed him on Instagram for about a year now and he always posts stories from customers of how they make everything they see. About a year or so ago when he was just getting started out the putters were around 350 and being a college student I damn sure don’t have 700 to blow but wishing now I would’ve gotten on it when they were cheaper. Glad you like it. How’s the feel? I know he has a lot of tech in them but just seems like it would be hard to hit long uphill putts with enough force but anyways yes post pictures and feel free to ship me the Bradley if you ever get tired of it:)

#4 Huntingchris0000

Huntingchris0000

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18185
  • Ebay ID:huntingchris0000
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:09 PM

I have been following Bradley putters on instagram.  I can’t wait to try one out.  If I like it I will be placing an order. I have talked to him multiple times and he is a super nice guy

#5 Dr Rangelove

Dr Rangelove

1-putt-wonder

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:41 PM

View PostChristopherMcDonald, on 13 March 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

come on man no photos? YOU'RE KILLING  ME

Was having trouble loading photos as they were "too large", turns out I needed to clear out some of my old shots.

[attachment=4381084:IMG_0516.jpg][attachment=4381092:IMG_0517.jpg][attachment=4381100:IMG_0518.jpg]

Edited by Dr Rangelove, 13 March 2018 - 08:42 PM.

#6 Dr Rangelove

Dr Rangelove

1-putt-wonder

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:02 PM

Went to Grants Pass today to have them install the alignment aid that had I laid out in tape. They'll have the putter for a few days as they have to pull the shaft to laser out the area where they will apply the paint fill. All in all I love working with Brad, he listened to my suggestions, could see what I was talking about and understands that the company is still young and trying to figure things out but he wants to make sure the customer is satisfied. He mentioned that he now has putters in quite a few Pro Shops including Bandon Dunes where he was able to use local hardwoods from Bandon as the base wood for the heads. Sounds like they're doing really good and that orders are backed up a couple of months.

Edited by Dr Rangelove, 13 March 2018 - 09:04 PM.

#7 ruffellprefley

ruffellprefley

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445654
  • Ebay ID:ruffellprefley22
GolfWRX Likes : 690

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:57 PM

awesome. following this for pics of the altered sight line

#8 Dr Rangelove

Dr Rangelove

1-putt-wonder

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

Finally made the drive up to Grants Pass today to pick up my Bradley. The alignment aid came out great, they basically lasered in some lines, emulating what I had laid down with tape and a sharpie. Went and played afterwards, it was great when I stepped up to the practice green and dropped my first putt from 10' into the 2" practice hole. Made the next few from about 15' into the regular sized holes and had 24 putts around the course, but I was missing a lot of greens... need to shake off the winter cob webs.

[attachment=4393592:IMG_0618.jpg][attachment=4393588:IMG_0619.jpg][attachment=4393598:IMG_0621.JPG][attachment=4393602:IMG_0622.JPG][attachment=4393604:IMG_0614.JPG][attachment=4393608:IMG_0616.JPG][attachment=4393610:IMG_0615.JPG]

Edited by Dr Rangelove, 20 March 2018 - 10:08 PM.

#9 Steelhead

Steelhead

Tour Winner

• 735 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 208

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:54 AM

Met Brad at the Portland Golf Expo. Passionate guy about putting.  Absolutely loved these unique putters. Itís not simply a wood putter. Itís a fairly extensive process to transform the wood to a near plastic hardness while retaining the original wood character. Super forgiving and feel is amazing. Feels to me like an entire putter made from White Hot Pro face material. Puts a great roll on the ball. Hope that he succeeds!

Edited by Steelhead, 21 March 2018 - 02:57 AM.

G400 Max - 9*
Ryoma F3 - 15*
Ping G400 - 19*
Titleist 718 AP1, 4 thru Gap
Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*
Dandy Putter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors