Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cool Clubs Putter Fitting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 youngunz5840

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Member #: 120775
GolfWRX Likes : 333

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

My wife surprised me with paying for me to get a putter fitting at cool clubs and letting me order a new putter for my birthday. I wanted to share my experiences with the San Francisco location and Clare their fitter. I am 6’7 and have been bouncing all over the place with different putters and specs as it has been costing me on strokes lately. The fitting is a combo of a finding the right specs and putter mixed with a mini video lesson. There are six cameras that capture every angle of the putts. I brought in a Tm spider tour at 35” and a Nike origin b201 at 36”. Clare measured every part of both putters and then had me start with the Nike as she had a feeling with my height that it would be closer to right specs. I hit about five putts and she measured if my eyes were over the ball my stroke type of the ball was aligned in the middle of the face and my face angle at address...basically went over everything and reviewed with me. To my surprise the video showed that my setup and stroke weren’t as bad as I thought. I just tend to go too far back and slow down at the end and push putts which explained one of my biggest complaints of hitting the heel of the club. The length seemed to be dead on at 36” but to verify she had me putt the spider as well. The Nike had 3* or loft and the Tm 2* the video of the ball coming off the face shows the Nike actually rolled right away with more loft where I tend to lean the shaft back on the Tm and it skips a few times before rolling for me. After deciding the Nike’s blade style and length was a better fit she grabbed her 36” fitting putter and bent theblie angle to 72* this allowed me to have my hands higher and more natural. Then the fun part of hitting some combos to figure out what brand and style I liked best for feel and looks. The top three were a betti bb1 Scotty Newport and Phong vault anser dale. I am still looking around and trying them to make sure I know which I like best. The videos also showed that I tend to move my lower body toward the target so she gave some suggestions and drills to try and I have been working on them at the putting green with my Nike and noticing a more consistent roll and locations I was putting all over the place at I was getting within three feet from 15-20 feet away which I am stoked about because that’s where my score killing three putts come into play. Not once did cool clubs push me to buy the putter through them or did Clare push a brand at me more than the others. She even let me try brands I asked for like evnroll and pxg. The biggest thing is I can now order a putt with the exact specs I need and have more confidence that it fits my stroke and not me altering my setup to fit the putter. Next step is to go see Zach Heusser for some more help.

WITB As of 1/4/18
G400 LST 8.5 +.6 Graphite Design GP 6x
M2 '17 HZRDUS red 6.5 75g
Mizuno MP18 MMC Flihi Px LZ 6.5 2 irons
Adams Tour Proto Dhy 21 PX Blue TI
Ping i200 4-P Px Lz 6.5
Whatever 50,54,58 wedges i feel like yipping
TM Spider Tour Red #3 with Alignment

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users