Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Seller doesn’t have product


31 replies to this topic

#1 ryan84

ryan84

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386034
  • Joined: 07/15/2015
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:48 PM

So I used the 20% off eBay code this past week to get a new spider tour putter for $210. The seller then says this product was sold the week before and they forgot to take it down. Normally I wouldn’t care except that I got it for such a good deal with the 20% off, and the golf show was in town this week and I passed on a ton of good deals thinking I had a putter on the way.

Sorry this is more of a rant than anything, but because they don’t have anything else left handed really, my best bet is just to take the refund and keep hunting.

IMG_1520876682.319278.jpg

Epic SZ 9 Rgoue 110 X-stiff
2016 m2 15 deg stock x-stiff
TM RSI UDI 18 deg KBS C-Taper lite x
Ping iblades 4-pw proj x 6.5
Vokey SM6 50,58
Bettinardi BB1 2016

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 ryuartz

ryuartz

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138054
  • Joined: 08/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

View Postryan84, on 12 March 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

So I used the 20% off eBay code this past week to get a new spider tour putter for $210. The seller then says this product was sold the week before and they forgot to take it down. Normally I wouldn’t care except that I got it for such a good deal with the 20% off, and the golf show was in town this week and I passed on a ton of good deals thinking I had a putter on the way.

Sorry this is more of a rant than anything, but because they don’t have anything else left handed really, my best bet is just to take the refund and keep hunting.

Attachment IMG_1520876682.319278.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Sh!+ happens.
Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Driver
Nike Covert 2.0 3/5 Woods
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2 Iron
Nike Vapor Pro 4-P
Taylormade ATV Grind 56°/60°
Nike Origin B1-01 putter
Nike Hyperadapt bag

2

#3 sandtrap

sandtrap

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115880
  • Joined: 10/07/2010
  • Location:Warrenville IL
  • Ebay ID:sandtrap14
GolfWRX Likes : 198

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

It happens, people make mistakes in listings, and things get sold in other channels.

3

#4 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 501

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

Ask for free stuff !  Sounds like they are a big operation.

4

#5 stephen3108

stephen3108

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318923
  • Joined: 06/04/2014
  • Location:Columbus
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

View Postryan84, on 12 March 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

So I used the 20% off eBay code this past week to get a new spider tour putter for $210. The seller then says this product was sold the week before and they forgot to take it down. Normally I wouldn’t care except that I got it for such a good deal with the 20% off, and the golf show was in town this week and I passed on a ton of good deals thinking I had a putter on the way.

Sorry this is more of a rant than anything, but because they don’t have anything else left handed really, my best bet is just to take the refund and keep hunting.

Attachment IMG_1520876682.319278.jpg

Hey sir, just wanted to share you can get this putter even cheaper through golfdiscount.com, link below:

https://www.golfdisc...tour-red-putter

Hope that helps!


5

#6 ryan84

ryan84

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386034
  • Joined: 07/15/2015
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:24 PM

View Poststephen3108, on 12 March 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

View Postryan84, on 12 March 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

So I used the 20% off eBay code this past week to get a new spider tour putter for $210. The seller then says this product was sold the week before and they forgot to take it down. Normally I wouldn’t care except that I got it for such a good deal with the 20% off, and the golf show was in town this week and I passed on a ton of good deals thinking I had a putter on the way.

Sorry this is more of a rant than anything, but because they don’t have anything else left handed really, my best bet is just to take the refund and keep hunting.

Attachment IMG_1520876682.319278.jpg

Hey sir, just wanted to share you can get this putter even cheaper through golfdiscount.com, link below:

https://www.golfdisc...tour-red-putter

Hope that helps!
wow awesome price thank you! I was looking for a 35 but might just do this anyway

View PostBB28403, on 12 March 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Ask for free stuff !  Sounds like they are a big operation.
yea I was gonna see if they’d give me another product at a discount but I’m a lefty so not much selection. I’m not mad about it just bad timing with the deal and golf show
Epic SZ 9 Rgoue 110 X-stiff
2016 m2 15 deg stock x-stiff
TM RSI UDI 18 deg KBS C-Taper lite x
Ping iblades 4-pw proj x 6.5
Vokey SM6 50,58
Bettinardi BB1 2016

6

#7 stephen3108

stephen3108

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318923
  • Joined: 06/04/2014
  • Location:Columbus
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:44 PM

No problem, I snagged a black one for that price luckily. May just call and see if they have any at 35. Good luck!

7

#8 ping rat

ping rat

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116718
  • Joined: 10/27/2010
  • Location:The Woodlands, tx
  • Ebay ID:herpitat
GolfWRX Likes : 428

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:58 PM

Have you reached out to ebay?. I doubt it but you would think they would extend the discount on an alternate purchase as the coupon was used on a live listing when the coupon was valid. That said their customer service seems to not exactly be engaged with treating such situations in any way that would impact their pocket.
Ping G400 Max AD DI 6
Exotics JX1 3 wood Fuji air speeder
Exotics EX10 3,4 Hybrid AD DI 50
Mizuno JPX 850 Nippon pro zelos
Yururi Gekku Raw 49,53,57 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0/Ping Anser 50,54,58 DG Spinner
Too many putters
WITB Link

8

#9 Masterkid84

Masterkid84

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144157
  • Joined: 10/26/2011
  • Location:lexington, sc
  • Ebay ID:Masterkid84
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

Got the same email on a set of those mp15s with LZ 6.0s. Tried to sub same set with AMT S300s. Just asked for a refund.

9

#10 ryan84

ryan84

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386034
  • Joined: 07/15/2015
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

View Postping rat, on 13 March 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

Have you reached out to ebay?. I doubt it but you would think they would extend the discount on an alternate purchase as the coupon was used on a live listing when the coupon was valid. That said their customer service seems to not exactly be engaged with treating such situations in any way that would impact their pocket.
I was actually refunded the amount for the full price item without the discount so I’m not going to complain, hopefully it isn’t corrected!

Epic SZ 9 Rgoue 110 X-stiff
2016 m2 15 deg stock x-stiff
TM RSI UDI 18 deg KBS C-Taper lite x
Ping iblades 4-pw proj x 6.5
Vokey SM6 50,58
Bettinardi BB1 2016

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 ryan84

ryan84

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386034
  • Joined: 07/15/2015
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:09 PM

View PostMasterkid84, on 13 March 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

Got the same email on a set of those mp15s with LZ 6.0s. Tried to sub same set with AMT S300s. Just asked for a refund.
yea I guess these things happen when all of wrx gets a 20% coupon haha
Epic SZ 9 Rgoue 110 X-stiff
2016 m2 15 deg stock x-stiff
TM RSI UDI 18 deg KBS C-Taper lite x
Ping iblades 4-pw proj x 6.5
Vokey SM6 50,58
Bettinardi BB1 2016

11

#12 ping rat

ping rat

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116718
  • Joined: 10/27/2010
  • Location:The Woodlands, tx
  • Ebay ID:herpitat
GolfWRX Likes : 428

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Looking at 2 threads now, can't help but wonder are sellers claiming out of stock just to avoid the discount? does the discount impact ebay, the seller or both? I don't want to start a witch hunt but I can understand the seller a) not wanting to sell at a 20% discount or b) selling out as a result of the discount. but the bottom line is if someone made a purchase while the coupon was valid and was notified that the item was out of stock after the coupon was valid ebay should have a level of accountability (although I am sure they absolved themselves somewhere in the fine print). I am copying on to other thread in the event they are/cannot be merged.
Ping G400 Max AD DI 6
Exotics JX1 3 wood Fuji air speeder
Exotics EX10 3,4 Hybrid AD DI 50
Mizuno JPX 850 Nippon pro zelos
Yururi Gekku Raw 49,53,57 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0/Ping Anser 50,54,58 DG Spinner
Too many putters
WITB Link

12

#13 VNutz

VNutz

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116888
  • Joined: 10/31/2010
  • Location:Chicago Burbs
GolfWRX Likes : 2900

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

View Postping rat, on 13 March 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Looking at 2 threads now, can't help but wonder are sellers claiming out of stock just to avoid the discount? does the discount impact ebay, the seller or both? I don't want to start a witch hunt but I can understand the seller a) not wanting to sell at a 20% discount or b) selling out as a result of the discount. but the bottom line is if someone made a purchase while the coupon was valid and was notified that the item was out of stock after the coupon was valid ebay should have a level of accountability (although I am sure they absolved themselves somewhere in the fine print). I am copying on to other thread in the event they are/cannot be merged.

Sellers were given the full value of the sale and did not offer a discount, the difference came from ebay.

13

#14 ping rat

ping rat

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116718
  • Joined: 10/27/2010
  • Location:The Woodlands, tx
  • Ebay ID:herpitat
GolfWRX Likes : 428

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostVNutz, on 13 March 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

View Postping rat, on 13 March 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Looking at 2 threads now, can't help but wonder are sellers claiming out of stock just to avoid the discount? does the discount impact ebay, the seller or both? I don't want to start a witch hunt but I can understand the seller a) not wanting to sell at a 20% discount or b) selling out as a result of the discount. but the bottom line is if someone made a purchase while the coupon was valid and was notified that the item was out of stock after the coupon was valid ebay should have a level of accountability (although I am sure they absolved themselves somewhere in the fine print). I am copying on to other thread in the event they are/cannot be merged.

Sellers were given the full value of the sale and did not offer a discount, the difference came from ebay.
that makes sense and absolves the sellers, no doubt hot items sold out fast at that discount, so it may be a fault of ebay not updating availability or is that the sellers responsibility?
Ping G400 Max AD DI 6
Exotics JX1 3 wood Fuji air speeder
Exotics EX10 3,4 Hybrid AD DI 50
Mizuno JPX 850 Nippon pro zelos
Yururi Gekku Raw 49,53,57 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0/Ping Anser 50,54,58 DG Spinner
Too many putters
WITB Link

14

#15 VNutz

VNutz

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116888
  • Joined: 10/31/2010
  • Location:Chicago Burbs
GolfWRX Likes : 2900

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

View Postping rat, on 13 March 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostVNutz, on 13 March 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

View Postping rat, on 13 March 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Looking at 2 threads now, can't help but wonder are sellers claiming out of stock just to avoid the discount? does the discount impact ebay, the seller or both? I don't want to start a witch hunt but I can understand the seller a) not wanting to sell at a 20% discount or b) selling out as a result of the discount. but the bottom line is if someone made a purchase while the coupon was valid and was notified that the item was out of stock after the coupon was valid ebay should have a level of accountability (although I am sure they absolved themselves somewhere in the fine print). I am copying on to other thread in the event they are/cannot be merged.

Sellers were given the full value of the sale and did not offer a discount, the difference came from ebay.
that makes sense and absolves the sellers, no doubt hot items sold out fast at that discount, so it may be a fault of ebay not updating availability or is that the sellers responsibility?

This seems to be fully on the seller's end IMO with the amount of inventory they claim to have vs what they really had. Perhaps they had a retail location or online store that sold a few sets and threw off their inventory control.


15

#16 ping rat

ping rat

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116718
  • Joined: 10/27/2010
  • Location:The Woodlands, tx
  • Ebay ID:herpitat
GolfWRX Likes : 428

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

View PostVNutz, on 13 March 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

View Postping rat, on 13 March 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostVNutz, on 13 March 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

View Postping rat, on 13 March 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Looking at 2 threads now, can't help but wonder are sellers claiming out of stock just to avoid the discount? does the discount impact ebay, the seller or both? I don't want to start a witch hunt but I can understand the seller a) not wanting to sell at a 20% discount or b) selling out as a result of the discount. but the bottom line is if someone made a purchase while the coupon was valid and was notified that the item was out of stock after the coupon was valid ebay should have a level of accountability (although I am sure they absolved themselves somewhere in the fine print). I am copying on to other thread in the event they are/cannot be merged.

Sellers were given the full value of the sale and did not offer a discount, the difference came from ebay.
that makes sense and absolves the sellers, no doubt hot items sold out fast at that discount, so it may be a fault of ebay not updating availability or is that the sellers responsibility?

This seems to be fully on the seller's end IMO with the amount of inventory they claim to have vs what they really had. Perhaps they had a retail location or online store that sold a few sets and threw off their inventory control.
Exactly, that is where I can get side ways with sellers, in the last few months I have had two instances one with shafts and one with grips where the listing said more than 10 available only to be refunded two days later due to being out of stock, I have even given the benefit of the doubt only to restart searching and the same item is listed by the same seller at a higher price.
Ping G400 Max AD DI 6
Exotics JX1 3 wood Fuji air speeder
Exotics EX10 3,4 Hybrid AD DI 50
Mizuno JPX 850 Nippon pro zelos
Yururi Gekku Raw 49,53,57 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0/Ping Anser 50,54,58 DG Spinner
Too many putters
WITB Link

16

#17 BiggErn

BiggErn

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
  • Joined: 08/17/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 695

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

Leave negative feedback. If they don’t have it in hand they shouldn’t be selling it and if they can’t keep accurate accountability of inventory enough negative feedbacks might help them fix it.

17

#18 Graymulligan

Graymulligan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 215421
  • Joined: 12/11/2012
  • Location:Sodus, NY
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 859

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:46 AM

View PostBiggErn, on 14 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Leave negative feedback. If they don’t have it in hand they shouldn’t be selling it and if they can’t keep accurate accountability of inventory enough negative feedbacks might help them fix it.

100% this.  These sellers that consistently dick people around can do so because people are too nice about it.  The seller backed out of an agreed upon deal, and the feedback should indicate that.
2017 M1 w/Matrix Radix
M1 2-hybrid w/Kuro Kage
RSI TP w/ S400
Bridgestone J40 52/56/60
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert
(where did all this TM stuff come from?)

18

#19 justincredible04

justincredible04

    Justincase1004

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60545
  • Joined: 07/15/2008
  • Location:Idaho
  • Ebay ID:justincase1004
GolfWRX Likes : 495

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:54 AM

View PostGraymulligan, on 15 March 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 14 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Leave negative feedback. If they don’t have it in hand they shouldn’t be selling it and if they can’t keep accurate accountability of inventory enough negative feedbacks might help them fix it.

100% this.  These sellers that consistently dick people around can do so because people are too nice about it.  The seller backed out of an agreed upon deal, and the feedback should indicate that.

Or you know you guys can sympathize/empathize with the seller? It’s not uncommon for bigger sellers (I myself am not a big seller but had this happen) to have inventory not update immediately, or even an extended period of time. I have sold something on Craigslist in the morning and didn’t get time to update until I got home later that night. Sometimes you just don’t have the item any longer.

The expectation that everyone has a Walmart POS system that continuously updates inventory from the time an item is in store, to when it’s sold, and automatically replenishes it’s inventory is a bit unrealistic.

19

#20 sandtrap

sandtrap

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115880
  • Joined: 10/07/2010
  • Location:Warrenville IL
  • Ebay ID:sandtrap14
GolfWRX Likes : 198

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

View Postjustincredible04, on 15 March 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostGraymulligan, on 15 March 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 14 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Leave negative feedback. If they don’t have it in hand they shouldn’t be selling it and if they can’t keep accurate accountability of inventory enough negative feedbacks might help them fix it.

100% this.  These sellers that consistently dick people around can do so because people are too nice about it.  The seller backed out of an agreed upon deal, and the feedback should indicate that.

Or you know you guys can sympathize/empathize with the seller? It’s not uncommon for bigger sellers (I myself am not a big seller but had this happen) to have inventory not update immediately, or even an extended period of time. I have sold something on Craigslist in the morning and didn’t get time to update until I got home later that night. Sometimes you just don’t have the item any longer.

The expectation that everyone has a Walmart POS system that continuously updates inventory from the time an item is in store, to when it’s sold, and automatically replenishes it’s inventory is a bit unrealistic.

I’m with you, people make honest mistakes and things get sold, lost, broken or ? and they can’t be fulfilled. It’s not the end of the world, but believe me the seller feels worse than the buyer. He’s lost a sale and let a customer down and no reputable guy wants that.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 BiggErn

BiggErn

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
  • Joined: 08/17/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 695

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

View Postjustincredible04, on 15 March 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostGraymulligan, on 15 March 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 14 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Leave negative feedback. If they don’t have it in hand they shouldn’t be selling it and if they can’t keep accurate accountability of inventory enough negative feedbacks might help them fix it.

100% this.  These sellers that consistently dick people around can do so because people are too nice about it.  The seller backed out of an agreed upon deal, and the feedback should indicate that.

Or you know you guys can sympathize/empathize with the seller? It’s not uncommon for bigger sellers (I myself am not a big seller but had this happen) to have inventory not update immediately, or even an extended period of time. I have sold something on Craigslist in the morning and didn’t get time to update until I got home later that night. Sometimes you just don’t have the item any longer.

The expectation that everyone has a Walmart POS system that continuously updates inventory from the time an item is in store, to when it’s sold, and automatically replenishes it’s inventory is a bit unrealistic.

If you don’t have it don’t list it. It’s a pretty simple system. How can you sell something on Craigslist and not be able to immediately remove from eBay? That’s a lame excuse. If you have time to meet someone for a sell you have 30 seconds to remove it from eBay. What’s worse is guys who list things, then it sells for less than they want, then they say it’s out of stock but have the same thing listed multiple times. I think the seller ksouth9 is renowned for this.

21

#22 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 5078

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:20 PM

View PostBiggErn, on 15 March 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

View Postjustincredible04, on 15 March 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostGraymulligan, on 15 March 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 14 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Leave negative feedback. If they don’t have it in hand they shouldn’t be selling it and if they can’t keep accurate accountability of inventory enough negative feedbacks might help them fix it.

100% this.  These sellers that consistently dick people around can do so because people are too nice about it.  The seller backed out of an agreed upon deal, and the feedback should indicate that.

Or you know you guys can sympathize/empathize with the seller? It’s not uncommon for bigger sellers (I myself am not a big seller but had this happen) to have inventory not update immediately, or even an extended period of time. I have sold something on Craigslist in the morning and didn’t get time to update until I got home later that night. Sometimes you just don’t have the item any longer.

The expectation that everyone has a Walmart POS system that continuously updates inventory from the time an item is in store, to when it’s sold, and automatically replenishes it’s inventory is a bit unrealistic.

If you don’t have it don’t list it. It’s a pretty simple system. How can you sell something on Craigslist and not be able to immediately remove from eBay? That’s a lame excuse. If you have time to meet someone for a sell you have 30 seconds to remove it from eBay. What’s worse is guys who list things, then it sells for less than they want, then they say it’s out of stock but have the same thing listed multiple times. I think the seller ksouth9 is renowned for this.
Or guys who give negative feedback when a mistake is made even though the seller does everything in their power to make it right.   By the way, I have had nothing but positive experiences with ksouth9......Doubt with the amount of stuff they sell, that they sit around trying to figure how to screw someone out of a legit purchase.

22

#23 justincredible04

justincredible04

    Justincase1004

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60545
  • Joined: 07/15/2008
  • Location:Idaho
  • Ebay ID:justincase1004
GolfWRX Likes : 495

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

View PostBiggErn, on 15 March 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

View Postjustincredible04, on 15 March 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostGraymulligan, on 15 March 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 14 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Leave negative feedback. If they don’t have it in hand they shouldn’t be selling it and if they can’t keep accurate accountability of inventory enough negative feedbacks might help them fix it.

100% this.  These sellers that consistently dick people around can do so because people are too nice about it.  The seller backed out of an agreed upon deal, and the feedback should indicate that.

Or you know you guys can sympathize/empathize with the seller? It’s not uncommon for bigger sellers (I myself am not a big seller but had this happen) to have inventory not update immediately, or even an extended period of time. I have sold something on Craigslist in the morning and didn’t get time to update until I got home later that night. Sometimes you just don’t have the item any longer.

The expectation that everyone has a Walmart POS system that continuously updates inventory from the time an item is in store, to when it’s sold, and automatically replenishes it’s inventory is a bit unrealistic.

If you don’t have it don’t list it. It’s a pretty simple system. How can you sell something on Craigslist and not be able to immediately remove from eBay? That’s a lame excuse. If you have time to meet someone for a sell you have 30 seconds to remove it from eBay. What’s worse is guys who list things, then it sells for less than they want, then they say it’s out of stock but have the same thing listed multiple times. I think the seller ksouth9 is renowned for this.

I forgot? A buddy told me he’d take it? I sold it on golfwrx? I was out of town? I was at a place (or work at a school where reception is almost zero) for an extended period of time? I sold it on another site? I fell asleep? With wife or kids and lost track of time? I don’t want to sell it any longer? It was a genuine price mistake? I was golfing?

I can probably go on and on. Either way, it just happens sometimes. I pride myself on selling and mistakes happen.

I don’t think I’d like selling to someone like you and I’ll pretty much sell to anyone.

Do you ask for the manager a lot when you’re out and about?

23

#24 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 5078

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:49 PM

View Postjustincredible04, on 15 March 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 15 March 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

View Postjustincredible04, on 15 March 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostGraymulligan, on 15 March 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 14 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Leave negative feedback. If they don’t have it in hand they shouldn’t be selling it and if they can’t keep accurate accountability of inventory enough negative feedbacks might help them fix it.

100% this.  These sellers that consistently dick people around can do so because people are too nice about it.  The seller backed out of an agreed upon deal, and the feedback should indicate that.

Or you know you guys can sympathize/empathize with the seller? It’s not uncommon for bigger sellers (I myself am not a big seller but had this happen) to have inventory not update immediately, or even an extended period of time. I have sold something on Craigslist in the morning and didn’t get time to update until I got home later that night. Sometimes you just don’t have the item any longer.

The expectation that everyone has a Walmart POS system that continuously updates inventory from the time an item is in store, to when it’s sold, and automatically replenishes it’s inventory is a bit unrealistic.

If you don’t have it don’t list it. It’s a pretty simple system. How can you sell something on Craigslist and not be able to immediately remove from eBay? That’s a lame excuse. If you have time to meet someone for a sell you have 30 seconds to remove it from eBay. What’s worse is guys who list things, then it sells for less than they want, then they say it’s out of stock but have the same thing listed multiple times. I think the seller ksouth9 is renowned for this.

I forgot? A buddy told me he’d take it? I sold it on golfwrx? I was out of town? I was at a place (or work at a school where reception is almost zero) for an extended period of time? I sold it on another site? I fell asleep? With wife or kids and lost track of time? I don’t want to sell it any longer? It was a genuine price mistake? I was golfing?

I can probably go on and on. Either way, it just happens sometimes. I pride myself on selling and mistakes happen.

I don’t think I’d like selling to someone like you and I’ll pretty much sell to anyone.

Do you ask for the manager a lot when you’re out and about?
https://youtu.be/JFvujknrBuE

24

#25 BiggErn

BiggErn

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
  • Joined: 08/17/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 695

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:56 PM

View Postjustincredible04, on 15 March 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 15 March 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

View Postjustincredible04, on 15 March 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostGraymulligan, on 15 March 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 14 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Leave negative feedback. If they don’t have it in hand they shouldn’t be selling it and if they can’t keep accurate accountability of inventory enough negative feedbacks might help them fix it.

100% this.  These sellers that consistently dick people around can do so because people are too nice about it.  The seller backed out of an agreed upon deal, and the feedback should indicate that.

Or you know you guys can sympathize/empathize with the seller? It’s not uncommon for bigger sellers (I myself am not a big seller but had this happen) to have inventory not update immediately, or even an extended period of time. I have sold something on Craigslist in the morning and didn’t get time to update until I got home later that night. Sometimes you just don’t have the item any longer.

The expectation that everyone has a Walmart POS system that continuously updates inventory from the time an item is in store, to when it’s sold, and automatically replenishes it’s inventory is a bit unrealistic.

If you don’t have it don’t list it. It’s a pretty simple system. How can you sell something on Craigslist and not be able to immediately remove from eBay? That’s a lame excuse. If you have time to meet someone for a sell you have 30 seconds to remove it from eBay. What’s worse is guys who list things, then it sells for less than they want, then they say it’s out of stock but have the same thing listed multiple times. I think the seller ksouth9 is renowned for this.

I forgot? A buddy told me he’d take it? I sold it on golfwrx? I was out of town? I was at a place (or work at a school where reception is almost zero) for an extended period of time? I sold it on another site? I fell asleep? With wife or kids and lost track of time? I don’t want to sell it any longer? It was a genuine price mistake? I was golfing?

I can probably go on and on. Either way, it just happens sometimes. I pride myself on selling and mistakes happen.

I don’t think I’d like selling to someone like you and I’ll pretty much sell to anyone.

Do you ask for the manager a lot when you’re out and about?


With all those avenues to sell why list on eBay? Once it's bid on or it sells it’s on the seller to fulfill his end. The buyer doesn’t want excuses. Every excuse you listed would warrant negative feedback. Sounds like I definitely wouldn’t like buying from someone like you. Ask the manager for what? Lol.

Edited by BiggErn, 15 March 2018 - 01:10 PM.


25

#26 Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482578
  • Joined: 09/23/2017
  • Location:Long Island
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

View Postjustincredible04, on 15 March 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostGraymulligan, on 15 March 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 14 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Leave negative feedback. If they don’t have it in hand they shouldn’t be selling it and if they can’t keep accurate accountability of inventory enough negative feedbacks might help them fix it.

100% this.  These sellers that consistently dick people around can do so because people are too nice about it.  The seller backed out of an agreed upon deal, and the feedback should indicate that.

Or you know you guys can sympathize/empathize with the seller? It’s not uncommon for bigger sellers (I myself am not a big seller but had this happen) to have inventory not update immediately, or even an extended period of time. I have sold something on Craigslist in the morning and didn’t get time to update until I got home later that night. Sometimes you just don’t have the item any longer.

The expectation that everyone has a Walmart POS system that continuously updates inventory from the time an item is in store, to when it’s sold, and automatically replenishes it’s inventory is a bit unrealistic.

I have zero sympathy for the seller.   As far as I'm concerned, each outlet for sales should be treated as if they were separate brick & mortar stores.  If someone have 10 units available and want to sell on ebay and Craigslist, then the seller shouldn't tell channel outlet that 10 units are available.  The total number of units across both outlets should not exceed 10.  If you only have 1 unit of an item, then that item should only be sold via one channel.

One of my bosses was recently looking at the possibility of selling through eBay.  He asked me if it was possible in our existing inventory system, to isolate inventory to be dedicated to eBay sales and told me that having dedicated inventory was a requirement with eBay.  If he was correct about the requirement of inventory needing to be dedicated to eBay sales, then there is absolutely no reason why anybody should have any sympathy for sellers who violate these terms.

26

#27 BiggErn

BiggErn

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
  • Joined: 08/17/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 695

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

I have no issue with someone using multiple resources to sell an item but they are responsible for maintaining accountability for accurate inventory and be responsible and prompt enough to make changes as sales take place. If you list something on eBay as an auction once a single bid is made that’s it. You take whatever the final bid price is at the end of the auction. You don’t sell through another channel with an active auction that’s been bid on. Also many sellers list an auction with no reserve and at the end of the auction when their desired price isn’t met they cancel the order with the “oh sorry it’s out of stock” bs like the ksouth9 seller on eBay while they have the same thing listed 10 times.

27

#28 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bschultz0170
GolfWRX Likes : 3703

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Stuff happens sometimes. One of the many reasons why buying certain items on eBay is cheaper than going to a brick and mortar retail store- the people you are buying from aren't paying extra for things like marketing, labor, rent, utilities etc... and expensive inventory management systems. It's not surprising that the breakdown of where people fall on this in this thread seems to be divided by BST feedback, generally- those with significant experience can sympathize with the seller, and those without can't understand why he's not able to operate like any other retail experience they're used to. Don't get me wrong, buying online shouldn't mean complete incompetence, but an occasional mistake is something that can happen.

It's an overused cliche on GolfWRX, but buying online from secondary markets isn't for everyone. If you're not willing to give up all of the conveniences that an in-store retail purchase comes with, you probably shouldn't seek out marketplaces that offer items at a cost that doesn't include or account for those convenient things.
Driver: TaylorMade M2 ('16) 10.5° Matrix Speed Rulz C-Type Proto
Fairway: TI Aeroburner TP 15
° Diamana D+ 70 Limited
Fairway: TI Aeroburner TP 18° (19.5° small head) Red Tie 8Q3
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 23° OG Ozik Altus
Irons: Srixon 545 5-pw Recoil 110
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 raw 48
°, 54°, 58° KBS 610 125
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
Putter: Piretti Bosa Prototype raw
Putter: Piretti Potenza II black


WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

28

#29 BiggErn

BiggErn

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
  • Joined: 08/17/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 695

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:10 PM

View PostGoIrish17, on 15 March 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Stuff happens sometimes. One of the many reasons why buying certain items on eBay is cheaper than going to a brick and mortar retail store- the people you are buying from aren't paying extra for things like marketing, labor, rent, utilities etc... and expensive inventory management systems. It's not surprising that the breakdown of where people fall on this in this thread seems to be divided by BST feedback, generally- those with significant experience can sympathize with the seller, and those without can't understand why he's not able to operate like any other retail experience they're used to. Don't get me wrong, buying online shouldn't mean complete incompetence, but an occasional mistake is something that can happen.

It's an overused cliche on GolfWRX, but buying online from secondary markets isn't for everyone. If you're not willing to give up all of the conveniences that an in-store retail purchase comes with, you probably shouldn't seek out marketplaces that offer items at a cost that doesn't include or account for those convenient things.

If you can’t manage your inventory or be a reputable seller then you shouldn’t sell on eBay or any type of marketplace. Using the lack of being a brick and mortar as an excuse for failure is absurd.

29

#30 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 5078

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

View PostBiggErn, on 15 March 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

I have no issue with someone using multiple resources to sell an item but they are responsible for maintaining accountability for accurate inventory and be responsible and prompt enough to make changes as sales take place. If you list something on eBay as an auction once a single bid is made that’s it. You take whatever the final bid price is at the end of the auction. You don’t sell through another channel with an active auction that’s been bid on. Also many sellers list an auction with no reserve and at the end of the auction when their desired price isn’t met they cancel the order with the “oh sorry it’s out of stock” bs like the ksouth9 seller on eBay while they have the same thing listed 10 times.
Show some examples where ksouth9 does what you keep saying they do......They sell clubs pretty much cheaper than anyone else in the entire world....Prove me wrong and i will concede your point.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors