Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* - - - - 1 votes

Hey Tiger, "Does your husband play golf?"


74 replies to this topic

#31 eagle1997

eagle1997

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121529
  • Joined: 02/01/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 20135

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

Sheldon didnít post the hydrant pic?  He used some other trite shopjob from 2009?  What is happening?

I donít like change.

Cobra F8+ 9.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cally Steelhead XR 17°
Cobra BioCell 22°
Cobra One Length 5-PW
Bstone J15 50°
Bstone J15 52°
Odyssey Black Milled #1

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Chanceman

Chanceman

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 403162
  • Joined: 11/17/2015
  • Location:Australia
  • Handicap:19
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:43 PM

I thought that Elin was asked how many times she hit him and replied "I have no idea but put me down for a 7".

2

#33 BRIDGESTONE1

BRIDGESTONE1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90983
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:48 PM

I read the title and thought it was referring to his tee shot on 18. Miracle birdie on 17, down one. Hit the driver, bro!!!
TM 2017 M2 9.5 Aldila Rogue 70X
TM RBZ Tour 14.5 Diamana Ahina 72X
Bridgestone J38 3-PW KBS C-Taper 125S+
Bridgestone J40 54* / 60* DG Spinner
Odyssey #7 Tank

3

#34 larrybud

larrybud

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Joined: 10/31/2006
  • Location:Rochester Hills, MI
  • Handicap:3.3
GolfWRX Likes : 3917

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

View PostShawn Paul, on 12 March 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hey Tiger, "Does your husband play golf?" was uttered when Tiger short putted on the 11th yesterday during Valspar.  I cringed when I heard it.

Sorry, I meant to direct that at Reed when his putt on 18 rolled back to his feet

;-)

4

#35 Medic

Medic

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Joined: 07/08/2011
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:9.1
GolfWRX Likes : 7903

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

Since he's back clearly it's time. I want to start a new group. The name says it all.

Tiger's Taser Team.

The t-shirts will simply say T-3.

We will stage ourselves all around within the crowd following Tiger and whenever someone yells something stupid we taze them and drag them away and outside of the gate. Won't be long word will get out that we are there - people will recognize our t-shirts; no way there's any yelling.

Imagine Johnny Miller's remarks...

"Tiger has an 8 iron. Remarkable how quiet it is as he is hitting. The crowd is just so pleasant for him lately. Wonder if those patrons wearing the bright yellow T-3 t-shirts have anything to do with this."

So....who is in?

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

5

#36 Jackhammer993

Jackhammer993

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120424
  • Joined: 01/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 309

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:15 PM

Tiger has been dealing with these crazy distractions longer and better than anyone. There is nothing even close to what he has to deal with on a weekly basis with the only exception possibly being the Ryder Cup.

6

#37 Titleist 670

Titleist 670

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 192258
  • Joined: 07/15/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1990

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:19 PM

People complain, complain, complain that the game needs Tiger and that he will help grow the game.  Newsflash - he's going to attract a lot of garbage too, people who show up to celebrity watch and couldn't care less about golf.

It reminds me of when a pro sports team isn't drawing well and people complain that they get no support.  Then they go on a run, and all the hardcore fans complain about the "pink hats" who show up only when the team is winning.

You can't have it both ways.

I would be fine with escorting the people who are yelling nonsense off the course completely.

7

#38 OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322661
  • Joined: 06/23/2014
  • Location:Richland, WA
  • Handicap:$$
  • Ebay ID:OrangeGravy
GolfWRX Likes : 423

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

I'm not a fan of this stuff, but unfortunately the Tour is in the business of entertainment on TV and I fear it's only going to get worse. The natural (or unnatural) evolution of anything entertainment related these days is to get more and more ridiculous every year to chase ratings. I am of the opinion that the "Game" doesn't need to be grown. You always here references like, " that won't help grow the game", and to me golf is a game that can't be grown. At least it can't be grown artificially. It can only grow organically like the spike following Tiger coming onto the scene. Any attempt to grow the game artificially means appealing to non-golf fans by doing things within the game at the tour level to appease the idiots. To those that want the game to grow, these types of things are only going to happen more often. I hope the powers that be at the Tour level resist any urges to appeal to the reality tv show fans in the near future.

I'm probably in the minority, but I kind of like golf to be that odd game that most people couldn't care less about and really only die hard addicts play. The non-hardcore golfers would only play when forced to for business or the odd charity scramble. I'm selfish that way!
Taylormade Burner Bubble/ S-90 Steel
Sonartec 3.5/YS-6+
Wishon 550 cm 4-p
Cleveland 588 DSG 56*
Cleveland 588 DSG/RTG+ 59*
Odyssey White Hot 6

8

#39 Guia

Guia

    Ancient Dude

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97501
  • Joined: 10/28/2009
  • Location:Southwest
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 2063

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

There are so many "really funny" shouting things at the players.  They should form a group and go on the road........and not to golf tournaments. :russian_roulette:

9

#40 BenHoganSlam1953

BenHoganSlam1953

    Professional Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 225599
  • Joined: 01/30/2013
  • Location:Quebec
  • Handicap:12.5
GolfWRX Likes : 672

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:57 PM

View PostCHuntsman, on 12 March 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostThinkingPlus, on 12 March 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Unfortunately the world is overpopulated with losers. We have short circuited Darwinian survival in our modern society.  Five hundred years ago that guy heckles a king and loses his head to the betterment of all mankind.

Or just a couple years ago...

http://www.foxnews.c...e-midfield.html

But the better question is why was the referee hiding a knife ... did he have to stab the player to live? Do they fear for their lives from the fans/players all the time such that they carry concealed knifes on the field? If so, then why would one want to referee.

Bridgestone J40 445 (9.5)
King Cobra SZ 3W (NS Pro)
Srixon AD Hybrid (19) (NS Pro), Srixon Z-U45 (23) (NS Pro)
MP-32 5i - PW, SM5 (54F/58M), SM4 (62T)
Rife Two Bar Mallet (SuperStroke Flatso Ultra)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 1739

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:09 PM

View PostThinkingPlus, on 12 March 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Five hundred years ago that guy heckles a king and loses his head to the betterment of all mankind.
Dilly Dilly!  :)

11

#42 puttfordoux

puttfordoux

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494520
  • Joined: 02/24/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:49 AM

View PostShawn Paul, on 12 March 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hey Tiger, "Does your husband play golf?" was uttered when Tiger short putted on the 11th yesterday during Valspar.  I cringed when I heard it.

Is this the kind of "super funnny" and humorous things we can expect guys who spend their "hard earned money" to "blow off steam" to be yelling out in the future?

I'm sure all the ladies thought the guy who yelled it was super classy, funny, progressive and handsome.  He probably had to fight off all the new fans he had from such a witty comment.  (this is sarcasm)

Your thoughts?

that line was much funnier here...

https://www.youtube....h?v=nDMIRlW0hAk at 1:04

12

#43 gvogel

gvogel

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37680
  • Joined: 08/19/2007
  • Location:Western NY
  • Ebay ID:dbvogey
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:07 AM

View PostThinkingPlus, on 12 March 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Unfortunately the world is overpopulated with losers. We have short circuited Darwinian survival in our modern society.  Five hundred years ago that guy heckles a king and loses his head to the betterment of all mankind.

IN so many ways....
On Sundays, I used to play hickory

13

#44 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 16459

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:57 AM

TW be like,

Posted Image

14

#45 jasonfish11

jasonfish11

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396358
  • Joined: 09/17/2015
  • Location:Virginia Beach
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:04 AM

View PostKCCO, on 12 March 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

View PostRoody, on 12 March 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostShawn Paul, on 12 March 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hey Tiger, "Does your husband play golf?" was uttered when Tiger short putted on the 11th yesterday during Valspar.  I cringed when I heard it.

Is this the kind of "super funnny" and humorous things we can expect guys who spend their "hard earned money" to "blow off steam" to be yelling out in the future?

I'm sure all the ladies thought the guy who yelled it was super classy, funny, progressive and handsome.  He probably had to fight off all the new fans he had from such a witty comment.  (this is sarcasm)

Your thoughts?

I am sick of the childish behavior from some of these idiots at golf events. The "everyone look at me!" crowd. The crap needs to stop.

And I've read it all from the defenders of this behavior. "He gets paid millions of dollars, he should be able to put up with a little heckling". Or "they yell things at other sporting events like football, he needs to be tougher". No, it's you idiots who could stand to learn some common decency and manners when you're out in public.
I agree just think people should understand they aren’t at an NFL game, some never will and it’s disrespectful to the game on any level

Why is it ok at an NFL/NBA/NHL game?  Heck why is it ok at a MMA event to yell at and heckle the participants?

They are out there giving their all (ok except maybe the Browns) for your entertainment.  If you could do better you'd be the one inside the ropes.

Edited by jasonfish11, 13 March 2018 - 10:05 AM.


15

#46 MrWolf

MrWolf

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41616
  • Joined: 10/31/2007
  • Location:O-Town, ON
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 6426

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:31 AM

View PostFerguson, on 12 March 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

View Postdlygrisse, on 12 March 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostFerguson, on 12 March 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostThinkingPlus, on 12 March 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Unfortunately the world is overpopulated with losers. We have short circuited Darwinian survival in our modern society.  Five hundred years ago that guy heckles a king and loses his head to the betterment of all mankind.

Shock value is apparently a measure of modern manhood.

Tiger brought a lot of people to the sport......most people think this is a good thing, more money, more popularity etc.  Others just think Tiger just brought a lot of stupidity to the sport.....I dunno.....maybe the stupidity would have arrived anyway.  I blame Facebook.  

You be the judge.


I think my revised  equation looks like this:

Synthetic formula as an infant + no structure as a child + a poor diet as a teen + heavily caffeinated beverages + alcohol + backwards hat + facebook   =

Guys who yell at golf tournaments.

That is brilliant. I'm going to borrow that one.
///OGA Member #13 - 'The Man from Blighty'///

16

#47 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Tiger and Phil friendly: The Apocalypse is upon us..

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 24,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5940

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

The sad part is that some people here will think it's OK.  Maybe Justin Thomas isn't so crazy...

Edited by tbowles411, 13 March 2018 - 11:38 AM.

PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Vault Oslo
Ball: Titelist AVX

17

#48 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1336

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

millennials.......
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

18

#49 MrWolf

MrWolf

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41616
  • Joined: 10/31/2007
  • Location:O-Town, ON
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 6426

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:46 AM

Just think how bad things will be when millenials start complaining that the next generation lacks respect.

///OGA Member #13 - 'The Man from Blighty'///

19

#50 Middler

Middler

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486136
  • Joined: 11/06/2017
  • Location:Chicagoland
  • Handicap:14.1
GolfWRX Likes : 187

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:46 AM

Being famous for no apparent reason has become more desirable and attainable for more people than ever, itís a selfie world. And our Ďdonít offend anyoneí PC society enables idiots. That probably wonít change anytime soon, but I hope the PGA or events start tossing the worst offenders. Or better yet, if other fans would shame offenders - but that wonít happen in todayís PC culture. Pro golf does not have to be like pro basketball, football, soccer, etc.

Edited by Middler, 13 March 2018 - 11:48 AM.

Callaway Rogue 10.5į & 3W 15į
Mizuno CLK 3 Hybrid 19į
Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10
Evnroll ER2
Snell MTB Black
Ogio Silencer

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 The Mad Bomber

The Mad Bomber

    I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80811
  • Joined: 04/21/2009
  • Location:Calgary, Alberta
GolfWRX Likes : 741

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

View Postjasonfish11, on 13 March 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

View PostKCCO, on 12 March 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

View PostRoody, on 12 March 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostShawn Paul, on 12 March 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hey Tiger, "Does your husband play golf?" was uttered when Tiger short putted on the 11th yesterday during Valspar.  I cringed when I heard it.

Is this the kind of "super funnny" and humorous things we can expect guys who spend their "hard earned money" to "blow off steam" to be yelling out in the future?

I'm sure all the ladies thought the guy who yelled it was super classy, funny, progressive and handsome.  He probably had to fight off all the new fans he had from such a witty comment.  (this is sarcasm)

Your thoughts?

I am sick of the childish behavior from some of these idiots at golf events. The "everyone look at me!" crowd. The crap needs to stop.

And I've read it all from the defenders of this behavior. "He gets paid millions of dollars, he should be able to put up with a little heckling". Or "they yell things at other sporting events like football, he needs to be tougher". No, it's you idiots who could stand to learn some common decency and manners when you're out in public.
I agree just think people should understand they aren’t at an NFL game, some never will and it’s disrespectful to the game on any level

Why is it ok at an NFL/NBA/NHL game?  Heck why is it ok at a MMA event to yell at and heckle the participants?

They are out there giving their all (ok except maybe the Browns) for your entertainment.  If you could do better you'd be the one inside the ropes.

So at one event, a guy is concentrating on a downhill, left to right breaking 15 footer for par in a game where the participants aren't even allowed to wear shorts and even the commentators speak softly so as to maintain the atmosphere and in the event you're referencing, two combatants look to pummel the other while not having his/her own lights switched off. Question: On what planet do you live where those two things are even remotely similar? Yelling Bababoey or Mashed Potatoes or Get in the hole is a reflection of a weak minded, semi-retarded person who's own self worth is so low that they believe they'll feel better if they make as much of the event about them as possible. Even though not a single other person there, or on TV, gives a damn about them or whatever stupidity comes out of their mouth in a pathetic attempt to raise ones self worth. That about cover it? It's not as much a problem of what is being yelled or when as it is the motivation behind all the brainless morons that are the cause of all this debate.

Too harsh? The answer is, of course, not at all.
915 D3 7.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper
Scotty Newport 2.6


WITB link

21

#52 jasonfish11

jasonfish11

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396358
  • Joined: 09/17/2015
  • Location:Virginia Beach
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

View PostThe Mad Bomber, on 13 March 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

View Postjasonfish11, on 13 March 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

View PostKCCO, on 12 March 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

View PostRoody, on 12 March 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostShawn Paul, on 12 March 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hey Tiger, "Does your husband play golf?" was uttered when Tiger short putted on the 11th yesterday during Valspar.  I cringed when I heard it.

Is this the kind of "super funnny" and humorous things we can expect guys who spend their "hard earned money" to "blow off steam" to be yelling out in the future?

I'm sure all the ladies thought the guy who yelled it was super classy, funny, progressive and handsome.  He probably had to fight off all the new fans he had from such a witty comment.  (this is sarcasm)

Your thoughts?

I am sick of the childish behavior from some of these idiots at golf events. The "everyone look at me!" crowd. The crap needs to stop.

And I've read it all from the defenders of this behavior. "He gets paid millions of dollars, he should be able to put up with a little heckling". Or "they yell things at other sporting events like football, he needs to be tougher". No, it's you idiots who could stand to learn some common decency and manners when you're out in public.
I agree just think people should understand they aren’t at an NFL game, some never will and it’s disrespectful to the game on any level

Why is it ok at an NFL/NBA/NHL game?  Heck why is it ok at a MMA event to yell at and heckle the participants?

They are out there giving their all (ok except maybe the Browns) for your entertainment.  If you could do better you'd be the one inside the ropes.

So at one event, a guy is concentrating on a downhill, left to right breaking 15 footer for par in a game where the participants aren't even allowed to wear shorts and even the commentators speak softly so as to maintain the atmosphere and in the event you're referencing, two combatants look to pummel the other while not having his/her own lights switched off. Question: On what planet do you live where those two things are even remotely similar? Yelling Bababoey or Mashed Potatoes or Get in the hole is a reflection of a weak minded, semi-retarded person who's own self worth is so low that they believe they'll feel better if they make as much of the event about them as possible. Even though not a single other person there, or on TV, gives a damn about them or whatever stupidity comes out of their mouth in a pathetic attempt to raise ones self worth. That about cover it? It's not as much a problem of what is being yelled or when as it is the motivation behind all the brainless morons that are the cause of all this debate.

Too harsh? The answer is, of course, not at all.

So if it's not about WHAT is being yelled, but a matter of when and the motivation.  By motivation I'm assuming you believe is for that person to become "famous" for someone on TV hearing them say mashed potatoes.  

Given that is it ok for someone with front row seats at an MMA fight to go up next to the ring and yell "You caught that one on the chin moron"?  Obviously their motivation is the same (get caught on TV mocking the fighter).  But because it's an MMA fight you'd be ok with that?  

Seems pretty tasteless and dumb in both instances.  Although doing it to someone who could beat the crap out of you seems a little more dumb than saying it to Brian Harmon (sorry Brian, but I assume I could take you in a fight if need be).

Edited by jasonfish11, 13 March 2018 - 11:57 AM.


22

#53 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,035 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 4617

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:15 PM

You are surprised about people yelling dumb stuff on the PGA Tour?

23

#54 zmrobertson

zmrobertson

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253292
  • Joined: 05/29/2013
  • Location:SC
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

Did anyone else hear that one guy yell "GET IN THE HOLE!!!" after Brandt Snedeker was laying up with an iron off the tee of some par 4 on the back 9?  I mean, Brandt wasn't even going for the green!!  Much less the hole itself!!  It was basically a physical impossibility to get in the hole!!!  How did this guy come up with that?!?!?!?  It's like the last thing that can happen!!!!  Just incredible genius to come up with that!!!  HAHAHAAHA.  i hate that guy.
Ping G25 9*
Ping G25 4w
TM R9 TP 3-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*
Cleveland CG12 56*, 60*
SC GoLo 5

24

#55 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1336

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

View PostMrWolf, on 13 March 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

Just think how bad things will be when millenials start complaining that the next generation lacks respect.

one of them will blow up the world before then. being triggered by a dislike on whatever the current social media platform is.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

25

#56 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 4088

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

View PostMedic, on 12 March 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

Since he's back clearly it's time. I want to start a new group. The name says it all.

Tiger's Taser Team.

The t-shirts will simply say T-3.

We will stage ourselves all around within the crowd following Tiger and whenever someone yells something stupid we taze them and drag them away and outside of the gate. Won't be long word will get out that we are there - people will recognize our t-shirts; no way there's any yelling.

Imagine Johnny Miller's remarks...

"Tiger has an 8 iron. Remarkable how quiet it is as he is hitting. The crowd is just so pleasant for him lately. Wonder if those patrons wearing the bright yellow T-3 t-shirts have anything to do with this."

So....who is in?


Send me a f---ing taser.  I'm in.

26

#57 jmkenn0

jmkenn0

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 241175
  • Joined: 03/26/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:59 PM

I'm sure NBC/CBS have the audio technology to filter out stupid $hit people yell.   That would be awesome.  Sort of a "if a tree falls in the forest but no one is around to hear it does it make a sound" concept.

27

#58 BearQ

BearQ

    Golf, I will see you again. But not yet, not yet.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1515

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:30 PM

This is why watching the Euro/Asian Tour is so therapeutic and refreshing. Announcers talk when they need to and say the right things. The spectators carry themselves in the appropriate manner. Simple.
Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
Rogue SZ 3+  --  Diamana B 80X   or   XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X  
P790 UDI (2)  --  Black Tie HM4 105X   or   X Forged UT (2)  --  Tour Green 105TX
Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (lofts vary)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black 34"  


SM4 raw for sale - http://www.golfwrx.c...y-nippon-spb-x/

28

#59 Barfolomew

Barfolomew

    #worstWRXer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379468
  • Joined: 06/07/2015
  • Location:Cruisin Sunset
GolfWRX Likes : 320

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:19 PM

I must be the only one that plays with a bunch of jerks....cause they laugh and yell such rude things if you leave an easy uphill putt short....just so rude not called for and their advice would never have helped anyways....dummys!
G30 LS
M2 BMW
XR 4 Hybrid
OnOffOnAgain Kuros
Cleveland Blob
Square Strike
SeeMore Butts

29

#60 jasonfish11

jasonfish11

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396358
  • Joined: 09/17/2015
  • Location:Virginia Beach
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

View PostBarfolomew, on 13 March 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

I must be the only one that plays with a bunch of jerks....cause they laugh and yell such rude things if you leave an easy uphill putt short....just so rude not called for and their advice would never have helped anyways....dummys!

Given you play with them I assume it's your buddies?  If so that's completely different.  My friends and I do the same crap to each other.  We needle each other relentlessly.  "Does your husband play" would be a light comment from the guys I play with.

If you are getting these comments from random people yes I'd say they are jerks.  So unless you have a personal relationship with the guy inside the ropes saying things like that is just wrong.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors