Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Top 250 In World. Expenses?


49 replies to this topic

#31 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 6078

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:07 PM

View PostNorth Butte, on 13 March 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 March 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

View Postgolfandfishing, on 13 March 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Figure a run of the mill guy playing 30 events and being fully exempt into everything but the majors and limited field events:

Caddie: $30k salary, $45k in bonus (5% of earnings, no wins) - $75k
Travel: 30 weeks of air travel through the pga tour agent - $7500
Hotel: 190 nights/$150 night - $28,500
Car: figure $0
Food: if they want most food is covered, but let's figure $200/week - $6000

$117k for a non discript guy like Richy Werenski who isn't traveling with a nutritionist, weight coach, putting guy, etc.  make $900k, payout $120 or so and taxes on the balance and he clears $470k or so from earnings. That sound right(ish)?

As a kicker - These guys can play/practice at any TPC facility they choose  
Only an average of $250 per trip for airfare for golfer and Caddie combined?

Methinks he dropped a zero there.

No thatís pretty close.  They donít pay for caddyís travel or lodging.  And they buy one way flights.  And with air miles they earn free flights relatively quickly.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Western NY
GolfWRX Likes : 2874

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

View PostNorth Butte, on 13 March 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 March 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

View Postgolfandfishing, on 13 March 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Figure a run of the mill guy playing 30 events and being fully exempt into everything but the majors and limited field events:

Caddie: $30k salary, $45k in bonus (5% of earnings, no wins) - $75k
Travel: 30 weeks of air travel through the pga tour agent - $7500
Hotel: 190 nights/$150 night - $28,500
Car: figure $0
Food: if they want most food is covered, but let's figure $200/week - $6000

$117k for a non discript guy like Richy Werenski who isn't traveling with a nutritionist, weight coach, putting guy, etc.  make $900k, payout $120 or so and taxes on the balance and he clears $470k or so from earnings. That sound right(ish)?

As a kicker - These guys can play/practice at any TPC facility they choose  
Only an average of $250 per trip for airfare for golfer and Caddie combined?

Methinks he dropped a zero there.

No thatís pretty close.  They donít pay for caddyís travel or lodging.  And they buy one way flights.  And with air miles they earn free flights relatively quickly.
I get that but it's tough to travel the country at $250 per flight. Special deals through the tour?

2

#33 sethdavidsdad

sethdavidsdad

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105964
  • Joined: 04/07/2010
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 432

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

View Postsethdavidsdad, on 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

I talked to player new on tour that won recently. He said not only are you paying for travel and expenses for you and caddy, but that you are going during peak times. So, the travel and lodging are at higher than normal prices. Plus, you often times don't know your schedule far enough in advance to make cheaper flights, when you are low on the tour. Last year they went straight from mexico on Monday to South Carolina for a practice round on Tuesday and pro am on Wednesday.
He also talked about the year before on web tour, the two weeks in the bahamas. How expensive travel and lodging was for the guys those two weeks.

Almost no guys pay for their caddy's travel and accommodations.  They give the caddy a weekly salary (plus % of earnings) and they pay for their own travel out of that.  Again their endorsement deals cover their expenses by 3-5x
That's true for the new caddy he has now, but before that he was using a family member or friends so he was paying as they went. Plus at that time his endorsments were only for equipment, of course he wasn't top 250 at that point.

Edited by sethdavidsdad, 13 March 2018 - 01:28 PM.

Epic 10.5* Diamana D+ 70X
TM Mini driver 14*
Rogue 5 Wood Diamana D+ X
Mizuno MP18's 4-5SC, 6-PW MB
Yes Callie
Vokeys SM6 52,56,60
WITB Link

3

#34 sethdavidsdad

sethdavidsdad

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105964
  • Joined: 04/07/2010
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 432

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostBB28403, on 13 March 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

View Postsethdavidsdad, on 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

I talked to player new on tour that won recently. He said not only are you paying for travel and expenses for you and caddy, but that you are going during peak times. So, the travel and lodging are at higher than normal prices. Plus, you often times don't know your schedule far enough in advance to make cheaper flights, when you are low on the tour. Last year they went straight from mexico on Monday to South Carolina for a practice round on Tuesday and pro am on Wednesday.
He also talked about the year before on web tour, the two weeks in the bahamas. How expensive travel and lodging was for the guys those two weeks.

Was it Wesley Bryant?

That's good info man, thank you.
No, a local guy.
Epic 10.5* Diamana D+ 70X
TM Mini driver 14*
Rogue 5 Wood Diamana D+ X
Mizuno MP18's 4-5SC, 6-PW MB
Yes Callie
Vokeys SM6 52,56,60
WITB Link

4

#35 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Joined: 06/22/2015
  • Location:AZ
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 4225

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 March 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

View PostNorth Butte, on 13 March 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 March 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

View Postgolfandfishing, on 13 March 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Figure a run of the mill guy playing 30 events and being fully exempt into everything but the majors and limited field events:

Caddie: $30k salary, $45k in bonus (5% of earnings, no wins) - $75k
Travel: 30 weeks of air travel through the pga tour agent - $7500
Hotel: 190 nights/$150 night - $28,500
Car: figure $0
Food: if they want most food is covered, but let's figure $200/week - $6000

$117k for a non discript guy like Richy Werenski who isn't traveling with a nutritionist, weight coach, putting guy, etc.  make $900k, payout $120 or so and taxes on the balance and he clears $470k or so from earnings. That sound right(ish)?

As a kicker - These guys can play/practice at any TPC facility they choose  
Only an average of $250 per trip for airfare for golfer and Caddie combined?

Methinks he dropped a zero there.

No thatís pretty close.  They donít pay for caddyís travel or lodging.  And they buy one way flights.  And with air miles they earn free flights relatively quickly.
I get that but it's tough to travel the country at $250 per flight. Special deals through the tour?

One way flight - usually a short hop through the tour agency. $250 average per week is about right for a one way flight. The vast majority are not playing the caddieís expenses.


5

#36 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 4088

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:29 PM

Jack eats about $600 in ice cream a year.



And, yes I still consider him within the top 250 in golf.  

HE'S THE BEST.

Edited by Ferguson, 13 March 2018 - 01:32 PM.


6

#37 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2050

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

View PostBB28403, on 13 March 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 13 March 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Those guys get to Marriot Gold Elite status pretty quick.

Maybe once in the top 250 there are sponsorship opportunities that help with travel costs.

Actually it is Marriott Platinum status nowadays and coupled with the Chase Marriott Visa it is a pretty cool thing.  I got my stay rates down by 25% at certain hotels.

Iím working my way to Platinum but not there yet...
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

7

#38 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 6078

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 March 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

View PostNorth Butte, on 13 March 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 March 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

View Postgolfandfishing, on 13 March 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Figure a run of the mill guy playing 30 events and being fully exempt into everything but the majors and limited field events:

Caddie: $30k salary, $45k in bonus (5% of earnings, no wins) - $75k
Travel: 30 weeks of air travel through the pga tour agent - $7500
Hotel: 190 nights/$150 night - $28,500
Car: figure $0
Food: if they want most food is covered, but let's figure $200/week - $6000

$117k for a non discript guy like Richy Werenski who isn't traveling with a nutritionist, weight coach, putting guy, etc.  make $900k, payout $120 or so and taxes on the balance and he clears $470k or so from earnings. That sound right(ish)?

As a kicker - These guys can play/practice at any TPC facility they choose  
Only an average of $250 per trip for airfare for golfer and Caddie combined?

Methinks he dropped a zero there.

No thatís pretty close.  They donít pay for caddyís travel or lodging.  And they buy one way flights.  And with air miles they earn free flights relatively quickly.
I get that but it's tough to travel the country at $250 per flight. Special deals through the tour?

One way flights are easy to find for $250.  And again then earn some free flights.  My one way ticket to England for The Open last year was only $450

8

#39 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 13 March 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostBB28403, on 13 March 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 13 March 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Those guys get to Marriot Gold Elite status pretty quick.

Maybe once in the top 250 there are sponsorship opportunities that help with travel costs.

Actually it is Marriott Platinum status nowadays and coupled with the Chase Marriott Visa it is a pretty cool thing.  I got my stay rates down by 25% at certain hotels.

I’m working my way to Platinum but not there yet...

Keep plugging it is worth it!

You can also buy I wanna say 40,000 worth of points a year which comes to $650.00.  If somehow that helps you gain more money by using the points .

9

#40 Psyber

Psyber

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378876
  • Joined: 06/03/2015
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 359

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

View Postsethdavidsdad, on 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

I talked to player new on tour that won recently. He said not only are you paying for travel and expenses for you and caddy, but that you are going during peak times. So, the travel and lodging are at higher than normal prices. Plus, you often times don't know your schedule far enough in advance to make cheaper flights, when you are low on the tour. Last year they went straight from mexico on Monday to South Carolina for a practice round on Tuesday and pro am on Wednesday.
He also talked about the year before on web tour, the two weeks in the bahamas. How expensive travel and lodging was for the guys those two weeks.

Almost no guys pay for their caddy's travel and accommodations.  They give the caddy a weekly salary (plus % of earnings) and they pay for their own travel out of that.  Again their endorsement deals cover their expenses by 3-5x

Caddies get paid endorsement money? Because I certainly can't see a guy with a 75k salary doing that much travel.

Driver - Cobra F7+ w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70
3 Wood - Nike Covert 2.0
Hybrid - Cobra F7 20.5° w/ Aldila ATX Tour Blue 85
Irons - W-4 Titleist 714 AP2 w/ SteelFiber i95
Wedges - Vokey SM5 54° and 58° S Grinds
Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 2485

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

View PostBrockPSU, on 13 March 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

View Postbuckeyefl, on 13 March 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

If you have the skills the money will find you. "Coming from money" isn't a prerequisite but it helps. Many young people is have people cut a check to help them out with expenses and then it's up to them. It's certainly not cheap to try to make it.

I completely agree with you but from an outside perspective, unless you get a full ride and then do well your first year. Your not making it. The web.com tour guys are insanely good and to go from there to the pga just shows how good you have to be. And a lot of it comes from being young and have mom, dad get you to a very good instructor at an early age.

It surely isn't a prerequisite but it also helps more then the ball is helping the yardage over the last couple years.

The ball isnt doing anything different than it has done. Back on topic, your point is by no means a universal truth. There are plenty of good instructors that dont take "mom and dad" type money to develop talent. You really seem to have an axe to grind but as I said money helps but by no means is having it yourself a requirement. I have know dozens of PGA, LPGA, WEB.com and various mini tour players over the year and your scenario is simply not reality. As I said, if you have the skill required and do a little networking the money will come your way. Thats where the thing you seem to be missing in your scenario, talent and work ethic, come into play.

11

#42 Creedo77

Creedo77

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 329745
  • Joined: 07/27/2014
  • Location:Springfield, VA
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 279

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:07 PM

View PostPsyber, on 13 March 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

View Postsethdavidsdad, on 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

I talked to player new on tour that won recently. He said not only are you paying for travel and expenses for you and caddy, but that you are going during peak times. So, the travel and lodging are at higher than normal prices. Plus, you often times don't know your schedule far enough in advance to make cheaper flights, when you are low on the tour. Last year they went straight from mexico on Monday to South Carolina for a practice round on Tuesday and pro am on Wednesday.
He also talked about the year before on web tour, the two weeks in the bahamas. How expensive travel and lodging was for the guys those two weeks.

Almost no guys pay for their caddy's travel and accommodations.  They give the caddy a weekly salary (plus % of earnings) and they pay for their own travel out of that.  Again their endorsement deals cover their expenses by 3-5x

Caddies get paid endorsement money? Because I certainly can't see a guy with a 75k salary doing that much travel.

They usually wear similar logos on their polos that their players do....I believe they also get some type of endorsement to carry the Amino Vital/Jani King etc towels each week
PING G30 9*- Tour 65X
PING G30 14.5*- Tour 65X
PING i25 3-PW- CFS X
PING Glide (SS) 50, 54, 58
PING Anser

12

#43 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 6078

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

View PostPsyber, on 13 March 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

View Postsethdavidsdad, on 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

I talked to player new on tour that won recently. He said not only are you paying for travel and expenses for you and caddy, but that you are going during peak times. So, the travel and lodging are at higher than normal prices. Plus, you often times don't know your schedule far enough in advance to make cheaper flights, when you are low on the tour. Last year they went straight from mexico on Monday to South Carolina for a practice round on Tuesday and pro am on Wednesday.
He also talked about the year before on web tour, the two weeks in the bahamas. How expensive travel and lodging was for the guys those two weeks.

Almost no guys pay for their caddy's travel and accommodations.  They give the caddy a weekly salary (plus % of earnings) and they pay for their own travel out of that.  Again their endorsement deals cover their expenses by 3-5x

Caddies get paid endorsement money? Because I certainly can't see a guy with a 75k salary doing that much travel.

Huh?  No the caddies pay their own travel.  Tour players endorsement money covers their expenses 3-5x over.   Caddies get $30-40k a year in salary plus a % of earnings.  Plenty of caddies make less than $75k on Web.com Tour or working for pga tour guys who lose their card.  They share hotel rooms and split rental cars to keep cost down.  But the players arenít covering the caddies expenses unless itís family.

Edited by iteachgolf, 13 March 2018 - 03:22 PM.


13

#44 Psyber

Psyber

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378876
  • Joined: 06/03/2015
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 359

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

View PostPsyber, on 13 March 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

View Postsethdavidsdad, on 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

I talked to player new on tour that won recently. He said not only are you paying for travel and expenses for you and caddy, but that you are going during peak times. So, the travel and lodging are at higher than normal prices. Plus, you often times don't know your schedule far enough in advance to make cheaper flights, when you are low on the tour. Last year they went straight from mexico on Monday to South Carolina for a practice round on Tuesday and pro am on Wednesday.
He also talked about the year before on web tour, the two weeks in the bahamas. How expensive travel and lodging was for the guys those two weeks.

Almost no guys pay for their caddy's travel and accommodations.  They give the caddy a weekly salary (plus % of earnings) and they pay for their own travel out of that.  Again their endorsement deals cover their expenses by 3-5x

Caddies get paid endorsement money? Because I certainly can't see a guy with a 75k salary doing that much travel.

Huh?  No the caddies pay their own travel.  Tour players endorsement money covers their expenses 3-5x over.   Caddies get $30-40k a year in salary plus a % of earnings.  Plenty of caddies make less than $75k on Web.com Tour or working for pga tour guys who lose their card.  They share hotel rooms and split rental cars to keep cost down.  But the players aren't covering the caddies expenses unless it's family.

Sounds like a broke a** life unless you're on Speith's bag or something.
Driver - Cobra F7+ w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70
3 Wood - Nike Covert 2.0
Hybrid - Cobra F7 20.5° w/ Aldila ATX Tour Blue 85
Irons - W-4 Titleist 714 AP2 w/ SteelFiber i95
Wedges - Vokey SM5 54° and 58° S Grinds
Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R

14

#45 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119644
  • Joined: 12/31/2010
  • Location:SW UK
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

View Postgolfandfishing, on 13 March 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Figure a run of the mill guy playing 30 events and being fully exempt into everything but the majors and limited field events:

Caddie: $30k salary, $45k in bonus (5% of earnings, no wins) - $75k
Travel: 30 weeks of air travel through the pga tour agent - $7500
Hotel: 190 nights/$150 night - $28,500
Car: figure $0
Food: if they want most food is covered, but let's figure $200/week - $6000

$117k for a non discript guy like Richy Werenski who isn't traveling with a nutritionist, weight coach, putting guy, etc.  make $900k, payout $120 or so and taxes on the balance and he clears $470k or so from earnings. That sound right(ish)?

As a kicker - These guys can play/practice at any TPC facility they choose  

Cheaper to fish :)

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

15

#46 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 6078

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

View PostPsyber, on 13 March 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

View PostPsyber, on 13 March 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

View Postsethdavidsdad, on 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

I talked to player new on tour that won recently. He said not only are you paying for travel and expenses for you and caddy, but that you are going during peak times. So, the travel and lodging are at higher than normal prices. Plus, you often times don't know your schedule far enough in advance to make cheaper flights, when you are low on the tour. Last year they went straight from mexico on Monday to South Carolina for a practice round on Tuesday and pro am on Wednesday.
He also talked about the year before on web tour, the two weeks in the bahamas. How expensive travel and lodging was for the guys those two weeks.

Almost no guys pay for their caddy's travel and accommodations.  They give the caddy a weekly salary (plus % of earnings) and they pay for their own travel out of that.  Again their endorsement deals cover their expenses by 3-5x

Caddies get paid endorsement money? Because I certainly can't see a guy with a 75k salary doing that much travel.

Huh?  No the caddies pay their own travel.  Tour players endorsement money covers their expenses 3-5x over.   Caddies get $30-40k a year in salary plus a % of earnings.  Plenty of caddies make less than $75k on Web.com Tour or working for pga tour guys who lose their card.  They share hotel rooms and split rental cars to keep cost down.  But the players aren't covering the caddies expenses unless it's family.

Sounds like a broke a** life unless you're on Speith's bag or something.

A caddie for a top 50 player (on money list) is going to make at least $150k and likely more.  Caddies donít live a glamorous life and make way less than people think.  They are hoping to land a top bag to make real money. Just like mini tour players are grinding to try and make it to the top.

Hereís some reality

https://www.google.c...ddies-make/amp/

16

#47 sethdavidsdad

sethdavidsdad

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105964
  • Joined: 04/07/2010
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 432

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

View PostPsyber, on 13 March 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 March 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

View Postsethdavidsdad, on 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

I talked to player new on tour that won recently. He said not only are you paying for travel and expenses for you and caddy, but that you are going during peak times. So, the travel and lodging are at higher than normal prices. Plus, you often times don't know your schedule far enough in advance to make cheaper flights, when you are low on the tour. Last year they went straight from mexico on Monday to South Carolina for a practice round on Tuesday and pro am on Wednesday.
He also talked about the year before on web tour, the two weeks in the bahamas. How expensive travel and lodging was for the guys those two weeks.

Almost no guys pay for their caddy's travel and accommodations.  They give the caddy a weekly salary (plus % of earnings) and they pay for their own travel out of that.  Again their endorsement deals cover their expenses by 3-5x

Caddies get paid endorsement money? Because I certainly can't see a guy with a 75k salary doing that much travel.
Some do get endorsement money but it's not much, heard of one getting paid a small amount every round a particular training was in the bag
Epic 10.5* Diamana D+ 70X
TM Mini driver 14*
Rogue 5 Wood Diamana D+ X
Mizuno MP18's 4-5SC, 6-PW MB
Yes Callie
Vokeys SM6 52,56,60
WITB Link

17

#48 3jacker

3jacker

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51799
  • Joined: 03/19/2008
  • Location:Orlando, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 365

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

Endorsements cover a lot of those expenses. Winnings don't really factor in the closer you move toward the top (at which point endorsements dwarf the winnings), and vice versa as you move down the list.

It's a business.  With mucho expenses.  But it's not rocket science and they are doing okay.
Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
                TM V-Steel 4wd  Protopype 80X
                Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
                Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
                Cleveland 52*/58* CG10 KBS C-Taper X
                Sizemore XB-1

18

#49 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,526 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 5907

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

It's the guys down at the Web.Com level who struggle. Especially now that their tour travels internationally. Same or greater expenses as for a big Tour player, much smaller purses and nowhere near the endorsement opportunities.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

19

#50 3jacker

3jacker

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51799
  • Joined: 03/19/2008
  • Location:Orlando, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 365

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:37 AM

Yep.  You have to really love the game and/or want it badly to grind it out on the Web.com for more
than a few years.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
                TM V-Steel 4wd  Protopype 80X
                Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
                Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
                Cleveland 52*/58* CG10 KBS C-Taper X
                Sizemore XB-1

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors