Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 4 votes

Arnold Palmer Invitational


2150 replies to this topic

#61 onetime19

onetime19

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122469
  • Joined: 02/17/2011
  • Location:Lantana TX
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:41 PM

It's nice not wanting to play, so I can sit and watch golf again, never knew how much I missed watching TW play!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 3554

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:31 AM

View Postjdl, on 12 March 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:


Of course theyre pink inside...

Posted Image

Edited by lowheel, 13 March 2018 - 12:34 AM.


2

#63 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1133

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:31 AM

Vegas has Mr. Woods at 6-1 favorite to win bayhill.

They must have a very confident source about his health to lay that line.

The last time he was a favorite at bayhill it was 2-1 in 2013 which he won.
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Scratch EZ/AR 3-PW
Fourteen 54/58
CircleT

3

#64 elwhippy

elwhippy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 773

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:42 AM

Rickie those boots are an insult to Arnie. He had class. Look it up in the dictionary.

4

#65 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
  • Joined: 12/07/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 4576

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:13 AM

One of my favorite tournaments of the year. I'm excited for this week. This is when the beginning of the golf season kinda begins to start with the season's real start happens at Augusta. This is when the weather changes here in the north east, well, it's supposed to, not happening for weeks, and the hint of spring begins.


5

#66 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
  • Joined: 12/07/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 4576

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:15 AM

While Rick's shoes may not be everyone's cup of tea, and while Arnold had an amazing style, he wasn't always on point with it. See exhibit A below.

Posted Image

6

#67 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 4718

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 13 March 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

While Rick's shoes may not be everyone's cup of tea, and while Arnold had an amazing style, he wasn't always on point with it. See exhibit A below.

Posted Image
what's wrong with that ?  looks like something Mad would wear in November..... :cheesy:
Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace Jericho II Tour S Bend
Oregon Ducks Bag

7

#68 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
  • Joined: 12/07/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 4576

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:53 AM

View Post2putttom, on 13 March 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 13 March 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

While Rick's shoes may not be everyone's cup of tea, and while Arnold had an amazing style, he wasn't always on point with it. See exhibit A below.

Posted Image
what's wrong with that ?  looks like something Mad would wear in November..... :cheesy:

I'd rock it.

8

#69 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 3554

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 13 March 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

One of my favorite tournaments of the year. I'm excited for this week. This is when the beginning of the golf season kinda begins to start with the season's real start happens at Augusta. This is when the weather changes here in the north east, well, it's supposed to, not happening for weeks, and the hint of spring begins.

Its a very fan friendly tournament because you can move around very easily. You can catch alot of holes and groups.Lots of birdies on the table. its changed so much over the years. Players cutting corners like crazy now. I was there in 97 when phil won. He went driver driver on the par 5 11th or was it 12th and made eagle. today guys are reaching with irons!!! Im sure it will be a great tourney and its a shame the king wont be there on the 18th anymore. Would be awesome If Jack or Gary would host in his honor.

9

#70 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 3554

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 13 March 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

While Rick's shoes may not be everyone's cup of tea, and while Arnold had an amazing style, he wasn't always on point with it. See exhibit A below.

Posted Image

Like a boss..


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Western NY
GolfWRX Likes : 2895

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:21 PM

Arnold's sweater looks good to me and so do Rickies shoes... Just not worn together :)

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5, 13 March 2018 - 01:21 PM.


11

#72 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2054

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 March 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Arnold's sweater looks good to me and so do Rickies shoes... Just not worn together :)

This makes a lot of sense.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

12

#73 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
  • Joined: 12/07/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 4576

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

View Postlowheel, on 13 March 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 13 March 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

One of my favorite tournaments of the year. I'm excited for this week. This is when the beginning of the golf season kinda begins to start with the season's real start happens at Augusta. This is when the weather changes here in the north east, well, it's supposed to, not happening for weeks, and the hint of spring begins.

Its a very fan friendly tournament because you can move around very easily. You can catch alot of holes and groups.Lots of birdies on the table. its changed so much over the years. Players cutting corners like crazy now. I was there in 97 when phil won. He went driver driver on the par 5 11th or was it 12th and made eagle. today guys are reaching with irons!!! Im sure it will be a great tourney and its a shame the king wont be there on the 18th anymore. Would be awesome If Jack or Gary would host in his honor.

I get why Saunders is doing it, but it really needs more of a known. I think Rickie is lining up to be it.

13

#74 Ashley Schaeffer

Ashley Schaeffer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258664
  • Joined: 06/24/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1452

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 13 March 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

While Rick's shoes may not be everyone's cup of tea, and while Arnold had an amazing style, he wasn't always on point with it. See exhibit A below.

Posted Image

Agreed.  Nothing good can come from putting with a glove on.
Driver: 9.5*
3W: 15*
5W: 19*-ish?
Irons: 4-PW
Wedges: 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter:  Putter

14

#75 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2034

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

Favorite AP story....

The Hickock belt was given to the best pro athlete. At the ceremony in 1960, Roger Marist saw AP, and thinking golfers aren't athletes, said to AP, "wtf are you doing here?" They announced the winner, and it was AP, so AP turned to Marist and said "wtf are you doing here?!?"

Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Callaway BB Alpha 815 18*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP32 5-PW (BLACK CHROME)
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

15

#76 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 3554

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 13 March 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

View Postlowheel, on 13 March 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 13 March 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

One of my favorite tournaments of the year. I'm excited for this week. This is when the beginning of the golf season kinda begins to start with the season's real start happens at Augusta. This is when the weather changes here in the north east, well, it's supposed to, not happening for weeks, and the hint of spring begins.

Its a very fan friendly tournament because you can move around very easily. You can catch alot of holes and groups.Lots of birdies on the table. its changed so much over the years. Players cutting corners like crazy now. I was there in 97 when phil won. He went driver driver on the par 5 11th or was it 12th and made eagle. today guys are reaching with irons!!! Im sure it will be a great tourney and its a shame the king wont be there on the 18th anymore. Would be awesome If Jack or Gary would host in his honor.

I get why Saunders is doing it, but it really needs more of a known. I think Rickie is lining up to be it.

Yup, maybe you're right. Id just love to see someone big like Jack alternating. I know he does the honda and memorial and maybe its too much for him at this age but for him to come in sunday and fill in for Arnie would be special. Jack and Gary being there would be awesome.

16

#77 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2034

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

One of my favorite weeks of the year, and now that my all time favorite athlete is back and looking good? Freakin sign me up.
Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Callaway BB Alpha 815 18*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP32 5-PW (BLACK CHROME)
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

17

#78 gatorMD

gatorMD

    Hacker-in-Chief

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487980
  • Joined: 12/03/2017
  • Location:St. Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1036

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:53 PM

I feel like after watching JRose swing/warm up I am at least a 1/2 stroke better.  Another stroke for being within 15 feet of the GOAT.  So cool to watch these guys hit the ball!
Driver: TM M2 9.5 Tour AD MT 6TX
3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7X
Hybrid: TM M2 3H Blueboard X
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW
Wedges: SM6 50F, 54S grind, SM7 60D grind
Putter: Piretti Cottonwood II
Ball: Titleist AVX

18

#79 socied

socied

    GameCocks2011

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56957
  • Joined: 05/31/2008
  • Location:Wilmington NC
GolfWRX Likes : 521

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

I get people’s feelings about the shoes but keep in mind why/what he is wearing them for. He had nothing but respect for the King and they maintained a great relationship. He’s doing a lot with puma for charity and if anything, those shoes are getting people’s attention which hopefully gets the charity attention as well.

Could it have been done “more tasteful” by puma? Sure but it is all subjective. And at the end of the day, Ricks honoring the king!

19

#80 gatorMD

gatorMD

    Hacker-in-Chief

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487980
  • Joined: 12/03/2017
  • Location:St. Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1036

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

http://ftw.usatoday....-pga-tour-visor

nice, love this guy.

Edited by gatorMD, 13 March 2018 - 08:18 PM.

Driver: TM M2 9.5 Tour AD MT 6TX
3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7X
Hybrid: TM M2 3H Blueboard X
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW
Wedges: SM6 50F, 54S grind, SM7 60D grind
Putter: Piretti Cottonwood II
Ball: Titleist AVX

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 rama5

rama5

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1500
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:US & Canadian Border
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

give me the opportunity to buy that initial picture with a signature ---- I'd hock my anything!

21

#82 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 1742

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

Perfect words about this week from Tiger.....

“Just because I won here eight times doesn’t mean I’m going to win this week automatically,” Woods said. “I’ve still got to do the work.”

http://golfweek.com/...ts-at-bay-hill/

Edited by grm24, 13 March 2018 - 10:23 PM.


22

#83 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2054

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

View Postgrm24, on 13 March 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

Perfect words from about this week from Tiger.....

“Just because I won here eight times doesn’t mean I’m going to win this week automatically,” Woods said. “I’ve still got to do the work.”

http://golfweek.com/...ts-at-bay-hill/

Imagine if you could say those exact words.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

23

#84 BearQ

BearQ

    Golf, I will see you again. But not yet, not yet.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1517

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

Hell of a field. Wondering what kind of year Jason day will have, hope he can get his health on track. Same goes for Rory.

Last weeks leaderboard was awesome. Hopefully more of the same!


Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
Rogue SZ 3+  --  Diamana B 80X   or   XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X  
P790 UDI (2)  --  Black Tie HM4 105X   or   X Forged UT (2)  --  Tour Green 105TX
Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (lofts vary)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black 34"  


SM4 raw for sale - http://www.golfwrx.c...y-nippon-spb-x/

24

#85 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 10263

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:24 PM

View Postlowheel, on 13 March 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

View Postjdl, on 12 March 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:


Of course theyre pink inside...

Posted Image

Aren't they all?


25

#86 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 1742

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:42 PM

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 13 March 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

I get why Saunders is doing it, but it really needs more of a known. I think Rickie is lining up to be it.
Good thing is that Fowler is an honorary co-host of the event this week. Perhaps he has a larger role coming in future API tournaments.

26

#87 GolfingLefty18

GolfingLefty18

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450486
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:21 AM

Anyone have extra tickets? Want to take the 8 year old and money's tight.

27

#88 anth

anth

    From the Land Down Under

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22863
  • Joined: 12/18/2006
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1091

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:27 AM

View PostMarkFromTheUK, on 12 March 2018 - 02:42 AM, said:

I’m interested to see which player will be labelled “disrespectful” by choosing not to play in the tournament this year.
While the tournament fails to invite 2 past champions with current PGA Tour status...
Callaway GBB Epic 10.5
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
Srixon Z 545 5 - AW
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 54 & 60
Odyssey Metal X Milled #7
TaylorMade TP5

28

#89 OutBackHack

OutBackHack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296687
  • Joined: 02/13/2014
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 451

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:08 AM

View Postanth, on 14 March 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

View PostMarkFromTheUK, on 12 March 2018 - 02:42 AM, said:

I’m interested to see which player will be labelled “disrespectful” by choosing not to play in the tournament this year.
While the tournament fails to invite 2 past champions with current PGA Tour status...

Who?

29

#90 anth

anth

    From the Land Down Under

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22863
  • Joined: 12/18/2006
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1091

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:12 AM

Chad Campbell, Rod Pampling

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
Srixon Z 545 5 - AW
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 54 & 60
Odyssey Metal X Milled #7
TaylorMade TP5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors