Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

I need to vent about selling on eBay

41 replies to this topic

#31 nuthin but a hacker

nuthin but a hacker

Certified Hacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186300
GolfWRX Likes : 660

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

The eBay fees suck and some of the buyers are morons but it’s the best of a bunch of bad options. It certainly beats spending an hour making an ad for the BST, loading pictures, and getting it all ready to post only to have it deleted over some sillily random rule.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:00 AM

I'm trying to use eBay less and less. Not only because they gouge any kind of profits I may make (so now I have to do a high flat rate shipping to make my buying prices lower) but basically a buyer can bone you for any reason and get away with it.

My nightmare is selling say a very expensive club in which a buyer uses once for a tournament, claims it came broken or something (break it themselves?) and returns it getting a full refund while I'm screwed.

I'm trying to use BST and other forums like Facebook marketplace, Letgo and Craigslist to sell stuff but the people are downright insane. They must expect because it's NOT eBay, they can offer you outlandish prices. I had a like new RTX 3.0 that I used literally 5 times that has a custom KBS shaft in it. I paid $150 for it and I was was asking $100 on LetGo. Guy offers me TWENTY bucks for it and when I said no, he got all mad. Wtf?

Fact is... eBay gets your product out there to many people in a short time. While LetGo and BST here may offer the Seller a better way to sell as far as fees and protection, eBay gets my stuff sold much faster and (usually) for more money.
WITB
D - LTD Pro HZRDUS Yellow 65X
3w - LTD Kai'li 70X
3h - 818H2 ProForce V2 85X
Irons - Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
GW - TBD
SW - MD4 54/12W S200
LW - Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10 AWT Wedge
P - TP Black Copper Juno
Chrome Soft X
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

#33 Bad9

Bad9

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94897
  • Handicap:9.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1969

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

View Postnuthin but a hacker, on 12 March 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

The eBay fees suck and some of the buyers are morons but it's the best of a bunch of bad options. It certainly beats spending an hour making an ad for the BST, loading pictures, and getting it all ready to post only to have it deleted over some sillily random rule.

I don't necessarily agree with all of the BST rules but given that they're all listed at the top of the forum I wouldn't call them random. They are also quite clear on the consequences for being in violation. And yes I have been in violation several times and each time it was on me.
Ping G400 SFT 12°/Alta CB 55 r flex
Ping G400 SFT 7w/Alta CB 65 r flex
Maltby KE4 Tour  25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour  28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
Ping I E1 5-G/Xcaliber r flex
Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
Mizuno Bettinardi C06

#34 Middler

Middler

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486136
  • Handicap:14.1
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 12 March 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

My nightmare is selling say a very expensive club in which a buyer uses once for a tournament, claims it came broken or something (break it themselves?) and returns it getting a full refund while I'm screwed.
How about a buyer who breaks something long after their purchase - another easy scam?  Orders the exact same thing from you, could be long after the first item was purchased, without having to worry about the price, and then claims yours arrived broken. They take a picture with your packaging, and their original (now broken) item, and file a claim with eBay. You’re basically stuck giving them a full refund including shipping, and they get a free replacement for the item. And sellers can’t see buyers previous purchasess, so proof is difficult. That just happened to me, though we can’t prove it. And eBay and PayPal couldn’t care less...

Good thing there are some honest people. We’ve been scammed twice in 84 transactions.

Edited by Middler, 12 March 2018 - 10:07 AM.

CALLAWAY Rogue 10.5° & 3W 15°
MIZUNO CLK 3 Hybrid 19°
MIZUNO JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10 & 60.06
EVNROLL ER2
SNELL MTB Black
OGIO Silencer

#35 KC13

KC13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360243
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:23 AM

Sorry man.  What a pain.  Some people are just on the spectrum (Buyer and Ebay customer service).  

I just use Ebay for buying purposes and don't sell any longer.  

- KC

"Practice puts brains in your muscles."

- Sam Snead

#36 whiteda6

whiteda6

whiteda6

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28952
  • Ebay ID:whiteda6
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:27 AM

I sold a pair of Bose headphones, sealed in the box, on Ebay.  Stated very clearly, NO RETURNS.  Seller bought them, ripped them open, listened to them for a week then changed his mind and demanded a return.   Ebay sided with him.  I get back a box ripped open like he used a chainsaw.   I told the guy, "Look, I am not Best Buy!  Do your research before you shop on Ebay."  His response was very blunt, he said "Look, I will get my money back, Ebay always sides with the buyer".  So I was left with a used pair of headphones that were worth half what they would have been in a sealed box.

Edited by whiteda6, 12 March 2018 - 10:27 AM.

#37 Bece2117

Bece2117

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165235
  • Handicap:5.0
  • Ebay ID:bece2117
GolfWRX Likes : 383

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:47 AM

Felt like chiming in after my sale on there today.....buyer accepts a counter offer this morning that I sent night.  Listing had 3 days handling time.  I message the buyer to let them know that we are expecting 18-24 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow so it will be Wednesday (day 2 of the allotted 3 days handling time) when they ship, just trying to be courteous.   Response - "Please ship sooner if you can, I'm going out of town"..........really?  What part of 18-24 inches of snow did you not get???  Did you expect same day shipping after you accepted the offer mid morning?????  Ebay is full of them....such a pain in the ###
Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-P Steelfiber i95s
Callaway MD4 49/54/58 S400 Onyx
Srixon U85 2 Iron Recoil
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood HZRDUS Yellow
Callaway Rogue Driver HZRDUS Yellow
Rife Vault 001

#38 Middler

Middler

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486136
  • Handicap:14.1
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

View Postwhiteda6, on 12 March 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

I sold a pair of Bose headphones, sealed in the box, on Ebay.  Stated very clearly, NO RETURNS.  Seller bought them, ripped them open, listened to them for a week then changed his mind and demanded a return.   Ebay sided with him.  I get back a box ripped open like he used a chainsaw.   I told the guy, "Look, I am not Best Buy!  Do your research before you shop on Ebay."  His response was very blunt, he said "Look, I will get my money back, Ebay always sides with the buyer".  So I was left with a used pair of headphones that were worth half what they would have been in a sealed box.
I had a case where eBay said they told me they disagreed with the Buyer and would let him know. The buyer reported the item broken 30 days after he received it! About a week later, the item (damaged beyond repair) shows up on my doorstep, and PayPal immediately refunds the full amount with no notice to me. The break clearly happened because the item was dropped on a corner - but the molded styrofoam and the cardboard box didn't have any corner damage! It was dropped, but not in the box during shipping.

When I call PayPal they say if an item is returned, they have no choice but refund in full. I call eBay and they say they’re sorry, they’ll refund their 10% fee but that’s all they can do. Caveat emptor is done, it’s seller beware now...

Edited by Middler, 12 March 2018 - 04:13 PM.

CALLAWAY Rogue 10.5° & 3W 15°
MIZUNO CLK 3 Hybrid 19°
MIZUNO JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10 & 60.06
EVNROLL ER2
SNELL MTB Black
OGIO Silencer

#39 larciel

larciel

I play for eagle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
GolfWRX Likes : 546

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

we should thank Amazon and its success for ebay turning into buyer friendly service.

For high value items ($300+) I only sell on craigslist. cash

#40 jaymay82

jaymay82

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 403608
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

The fact that as a seller, you can no longer leave negative feedback for a buyer just goes to show how eBay sides w/buyers first.

Posted Image| Posted Image |Posted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 Lefty1283

Lefty1283

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491146
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

If you want to get even more angry, think about the fact that they were “kind” enough to offer a discount of 20% last week for about 12 hours. Helped them pad their Q1 pocketbooks with all those sellers fees.

It’s a shame sites like eBay and Amazon have eliminated the benefits for small time sellers.

#42 Ldub22

Ldub22

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 421814
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:55 PM

View Postwhiteda6, on 12 March 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

There is no option for sellers to have the “No returns accepted” option. There used to be (maybe there still is) a button you could click to not accept returns. I did this on all my auctions. Come to find out - eBay doesn’t even recognize this option and will let any buyer return for any reason for a full refund. I have a buyer try to take advantage of me on a return and got a message saying I had to accept the return and the money for the buyers return was stripped out of my PayPal account. I called eBay and said what is this? I don’t accept returns and they said oh yes every buyer has the option to return. So just as as a heads up, even though they give you the option to say no returns - it doesn’t matter - they force you to accept returns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors