Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Tiger with the fastest club head speed on tour thus far this year.


156 replies to this topic

#31 AmazinBlue

AmazinBlue

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93222
  • Joined: 08/29/2009
  • Location:Jackson, MI
  • Ebay ID:welchjs
GolfWRX Likes : 334

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:29 PM

How long do you think that spinal disk just above the fusion will hold up when the bottom vertebrae is immobilized and the one above is twisting and tilting against it?  Spinal surgeons will tell you the disks above a fusion will deteriorate quicker than ones where no fusion exists.  

As Tiger continues to swing so hard with the driver and other clubs, it would seem that he will damage that disk much more quickly swinging like he is.  But itís obvious he is enjoying feeling pain free at the moment.

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* Aldila R.I.P. Beta 60 Stiff 44.5" 14g weight back
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 16.5* 4w
Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* PX LZ 75g Stiff
Callaway Apex Hybrid 23* Kuro Kage 80 Hy stiff
Taylormade P770 5-PW Nippon Modus3 120 S
Vokey SM6 48* F Grind Steel Gray
Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
Callaway PM 58*
TM Tour Spider Black 34.25" 2* flat 2x 14g weights
Titleist AVX (Bridgestone Tour B X)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Man_O_War

Man_O_War

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135721
  • Joined: 08/08/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1141

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

View PostAmazinBlue, on 10 March 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

How long do you think that spinal disk just above the fusion will hold up when the bottom vertebrae is immobilized and the one above is twisting and tilting against it?  Spinal surgeons will tell you the disks above a fusion will deteriorate quicker than ones where no fusion exists.  

As Tiger continues to swing so hard with the driver and other clubs, it would seem that he will damage that disk much more quickly swinging like he is.  But it's obvious he is enjoying feeling pain free at the moment.
there is always danger for even those who don't have issues. Guess he can have that fused also and wait for the next one to give lol. then again till he gets to 50 and quits
Cobra LTD Pro Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC
Cobra LTD 3/4  Kai'li 80
Cobra LTD 4/5  Kai'li 80
TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
Srixon Z965 4-PW DG 120 S400
RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
Machine LN M6/Ping G2 c67
TM TP5x/Srixon Z-STAR XV

2

#33 redfirebird08

redfirebird08

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,493 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91707
  • Joined: 08/14/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 2405

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:35 PM

View Postlowheel, on 10 March 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

View Postmosesgolf, on 10 March 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

Astounding.  It seems like the only guys longer than Tiger in his prime were John Daly and Hank Kuehne.  That's some great company right there.

It would appear Tiger can hang with just about anyone on Tour right now and with what he has put his body through that is unreal.

Rethink this, you're missing plenty of names.Hes long yes but lets not revise history

He said in Tiger's prime and his statement is accurate. He was extremely long when he first came on the Tour. If you gave him and 90's Daly the technology of today's players, it would be absurd how far those two guys would hit it. Tiger only played half the year in 1996 but averaged almost 303 yards. Daly averaged 302 in 1997. Tiger used a steel shaft driver and wound ball to average 323 at Augusta in 1997. The course was running fast that week, but it benefited everyone and the next closest guy was 25 yards shorter.

In his late prime, his ball speed was very similar to JB Holmes and Bubba Watson. That is despite what you describe as Tiger's reluctance to fully embrace the technology that many others have embraced over the last 15 years.

https://www.pgatour....02402.2007.html

3

#34 Valtiel

Valtiel

    Konica-Minolta Bizhub

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150887
  • Joined: 12/12/2011
  • Location:Scotts Valley, CA
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1284

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:37 PM

View PostGolfnutgalen, on 10 March 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Tiger has been consistently in the 180-184 ball speed range this year which is a more reliable datapoint. That is crazy fast when you consider his average in 2013 (the last year he won) was 175.

Yeah that short Foley backswing + playing a big cut off of just about every tee was not a recipe for great ball speed. That supposed 129mph swing was the shot he started going back to in 2015, the closed stance lower intentional pull. I think that is what he considers his control shot and its almost like a turbo charged version of the iron stinger. Not the most ideal launch conditions but he is clearly fast enough to make up for that.
Posted Image M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Posted Image 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
  Posted Image  XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Fujikura Motore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X
| | Posted Image SQ2 13* Diamana Blueboard 83x
Posted Image Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || Posted Image SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
Posted Image Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Posted Image V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
Posted Image MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
Posted Image MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0

Posted Image MP-59 4i-PW 27*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Posted Image Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Posted Image  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind
Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
Posted Image Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
Posted Image Santa Fe Bullseye shaft
                                                             WITB Thread

4

#35 jus711

jus711

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25754
  • Joined: 02/20/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:52 PM

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 10 March 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

129.2

Posted Image

Watch out I posted a similar thread after the Honda when he had a 127 and a 128 and the clubhead speed “truthers” came after me.


5

#36 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1796

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:06 AM

View PostEKELLY, on 10 March 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

That left knee isn't going to hold! I was right behind him today, he was swinging all out......It WON'T make it through the season! Remember, I said it here!.....

Tired of these ill wishing posts...

How many negatives have we heard over the years now, can we just enjoy his good play this once?
Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
Callaway XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X

TM P790 UDI  --  Black Tie 105X
Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X

Cobra MB '18 (50) Nike VR Forged (56/59)
TM Spider Black

6

#37 GolfTurkey

GolfTurkey

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 448908
  • Joined: 12/13/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:08 AM

Does "truther" mean someone who knows what he's talking about explaining how the ball speed measurement is pretty accurate while CHS is not, which leads to reported smash factors ranging from lower than a PGA tour pro is going to get up to higher than the COR limit?

7

#38 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Go Bucks!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 5182

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:11 AM

I had the distinct pleasure of watching him play in the PAC 10 championship in 1995 at Big Canyon  Country Club in Newport Beach.

It is a tight, difficult, and long (for the 90ís) course I had played a number of times myself as a guest assistant pro.

I became an avid life long fan that day as I watched him do things with a golf ball on that course that I could only dream of....and I was a +2 at the time.

He was consistently 30-50 yards longer than his playing companions.  300-320 all day long with a steel shafted small headed 43 1/2 inch driver and a spiny wound balata ball.   It was actually almost comical because He was SO much longer and SO much better than those other college kids that he was paired with.

I can tell you first hand. If Tiger had todayís equipment and ball back then he would have been 330-350 off the tee.  He absolutely killed it.

Edited by Jagpilotohio, 11 March 2018 - 12:26 AM.

9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-10 (at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

8

#39 ksuWildcat

ksuWildcat

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253824
  • Joined: 06/01/2013
  • Location:Denver
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:20 AM

View Postcardoza, on 10 March 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

I'm a Tiger fan, but I find it hard to believe they aren't juicing those numbers a little bit.

How many surgeries on his knee and back?  4-5 on each.  Including a fusion.  42 years old.  Ya, there's some juice involved.

Whatever...incredible to watch, and I'm pulling for him.

9

#40 jus711

jus711

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25754
  • Joined: 02/20/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:24 AM

View PostGolfTurkey, on 11 March 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

Does "truther" mean someone who knows what he's talking about explaining how the ball speed measurement is pretty accurate while CHS is not, which leads to reported smash factors ranging from lower than a PGA tour pro is going to get up to higher than the COR limit?

No ďtrutherĒ is someone speaking matter of factly about things they donít know for sure.  I canít say for sure the numbers are accurate no more than you can say for sure theyíre inaccurate, simply by looking at a couple of points of data.  We donít know what monitor the Pga uses or how they set it up.  What we do know is that he was the fastest 3/4 days at Honda with a 127 and a 128 and fastest today 2 weeks later at a completely different tournament.  It doesnít make sense that heís the only one finding the sweet spot on the tee to get the fastest speed all these times.  DJ plays a TM driver and so does Rory and they havenít recorder a 128 or 129 this year, and Rory played at Honda and this week on the same tee and monitor that clocked Tiger, he normally swings 120-122 but didnít get a magic bump to the high 120s.  Iím willing to accept the numbers are incorrect but why are they consistently coming up incorrect for one guy in one direction?  This isnít just one swing.  As far as smash factor, Sam Ryder and Pat Perez are a couple of the best ballstrikers on tour, theyíre currently top 10 in GIR, they know how to hit the center of the club face, yet theyíre at the bottom of smash factor numbers for the tour this year and thatís with 30 swings of data. Sam Ryder is averaging 1.43 and Pat Perez is averaging 1.44 and Sam Ryder has a 1.39 in there.  Explain all of that to me.
https://www.pgatour....stat.02403.html

Attached Thumbnails

  • 91078D75-C74D-4DEC-9AFB-63A0C5072DFA.jpeg

Edited by jus711, 11 March 2018 - 12:26 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Marco

Marco

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34723
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 520

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:26 AM

View PostEKELLY, on 10 March 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

That left knee isn't going to hold! I was right behind him today, he was swinging all out......It WON'T make it through the season! Remember, I said it here!.....
Hmmm his hips are not turning as fast as before when he was knee kicking before impact, i think hes gonna be ok. Compare 1997 swing to today, speed comes more from upper body now



11

#42 Marco

Marco

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34723
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 520

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:29 AM

View Postredfirebird08, on 10 March 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostSean2, on 10 March 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

View Postlowheel, on 10 March 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

View PostGolfnutgalen, on 10 March 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Tiger has been consistently in the 180-184 ball speed range this year which is a more reliable datapoint. That is crazy fast when you consider his average in 2013 (the last year he won) was 175.

He finally gave into tech. thats where the speed is coming from. even in 2013 he wasnt using the best tools that were available to him. Deschambeau has 182 ball speed at this point as well.Very common to be above 180 the last 2 seasons. phil at 47 had 181 just a few weeks back...

I agree. Club head speed is a nice thing to have, don't get me wrong, but scoring wins golf tournaments, not club head speed. I was more impressed with Tiger's short game than how far he hit the ball...especially that shot he hit to get up and down out of some seriously gnarly rough with no green to work with.

The turnaround with his short game has been incredible. He had legitimate chip yips at one point.
Told you it was technique related :p

But probably pain too ahah

12

#43 Marco

Marco

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34723
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 520

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

Theres approx 10% more stress on the next disc, in  his case l4 l5

Depends on the current state of the disc, but if the disc is ok it can be long to degenerate or herniate, like 10+ years

13

#44 Marco

Marco

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34723
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 520

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:36 AM

View PostAmazinBlue, on 10 March 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

How long do you think that spinal disk just above the fusion will hold up when the bottom vertebrae is immobilized and the one above is twisting and tilting against it?  Spinal surgeons will tell you the disks above a fusion will deteriorate quicker than ones where no fusion exists.  

As Tiger continues to swing so hard with the driver and other clubs, it would seem that he will damage that disk much more quickly swinging like he is.  But it’s obvious he is enjoying feeling pain free at the moment.
Also, he should do PRP and stem cell treatments to the other discs, will help avoid any issues

Personally i think he will be ok for a couple years at least

14

#45 thegrayman

thegrayman

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129880
  • Joined: 05/31/2011
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 560

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 10 March 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

View Post27x10.5, on 10 March 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

You don't redline a Ferrari just driving around town...wish he'd save some for the rest of the year

You do if you’re trying to show off to Bill Hass.....

Posted Image

Edited by thegrayman, 11 March 2018 - 01:27 AM.

G400 LST 10* Tour 65x
G 16.5* Tour 80x
716 T-MB 3i
MP-4 4-PW S300
SM7 50F/54M/58D
Lamkin UTx midsize
Kingston KP1 GSS w/ Lamkin deep etched cord
Vice Pro Plus

15

#46 GolfTurkey

GolfTurkey

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 448908
  • Joined: 12/13/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:17 AM

View Postjus711, on 11 March 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

View PostGolfTurkey, on 11 March 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

Does "truther" mean someone who knows what he's talking about explaining how the ball speed measurement is pretty accurate while CHS is not, which leads to reported smash factors ranging from lower than a PGA tour pro is going to get up to higher than the COR limit?

No ďtrutherĒ is someone speaking matter of factly about things they donít know for sure.  I canít say for sure the numbers are accurate no more than you can say for sure theyíre inaccurate, simply by looking at a couple of points of data.  We donít know what monitor the Pga uses or how they set it up.  What we do know is that he was the fastest 3/4 days at Honda with a 127 and a 128 and fastest today 2 weeks later at a completely different tournament.  It doesnít make sense that heís the only one finding the sweet spot on the tee to get the fastest speed all these times.  DJ plays a TM driver and so does Rory and they havenít recorder a 128 or 129 this year, and Rory played at Honda and this week on the same tee and monitor that clocked Tiger, he normally swings 120-122 but didnít get a magic bump to the high 120s.  Iím willing to accept the numbers are incorrect but why are they consistently coming up incorrect for one guy in one direction?  This isnít just one swing.  As far as smash factor, Sam Ryder and Pat Perez are a couple of the best ballstrikers on tour, theyíre currently top 10 in GIR, they know how to hit the center of the club face, yet theyíre at the bottom of smash factor numbers for the tour this year and thatís with 30 swings of data. Sam Ryder is averaging 1.43 and Pat Perez is averaging 1.44 and Sam Ryder has a 1.39 in there.  Explain all of that to me.
https://www.pgatour....stat.02403.html

The launch monitor brand is known, it is Trackman.

https://blog.trackma...e-relationship/

"Denmark, February 2016 Ė The PGA TOUR and TrackMan have signed their third consecutive 5-year agreement. This (re)signing is a manifestation of a mutually beneficial relationship founded more than a decade ago."

Now let's look at where you need to position the Trackman 4 unit for accurate readings. It's 9 to 10 feet back of the ball and within the width of the unit from left to right, see:

https://blog.trackma...t-hit-location/

A Trackman unit is 12 inches wide, so players have a one foot window to tee their ball up to get accurate readings. And that's if it isn't angled crazily so that it can cover the whole tee box (as iteachgolf explained to you in the other thread).

The readings of smash factors above 1.5 are obviously wrong, that's above the maximum. Of course Perez having a smash factor of a weekend hacker is also wrong, more evidence that Tiger's CHS is overstated.

You do realise that smash factor is reported too low when CHS is overstated, so Perez having a too low smash is in the same direction as Tiger having a too high CHS? Tiger should have had a ball speed north of 190 by now witb that CHS. 129.2 with 1.5 smash is a 193.8 BS. What is his top BS to date this season, well under 190 AFAIK.

Now just speculating, but guys who often use the edges of tee boxes will probably have more funny readings because they will be further from the optimum position. Tiger shapes it as much as just about anyone and moves around the tee box, and Perez hits a ton of drivers from the left edge of the box like this:

https://www.instagra.../p/BeTi5JTAJHe/


16

#47 RBImGuy

RBImGuy

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30615
  • Joined: 06/03/2007
  • Location:sweden
GolfWRX Likes : 357

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:40 AM

View PostAmazinBlue, on 10 March 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

How long do you think that spinal disk just above the fusion will hold up when the bottom vertebrae is immobilized and the one above is twisting and tilting against it?  Spinal surgeons will tell you the disks above a fusion will deteriorate quicker than ones where no fusion exists.  

As Tiger continues to swing so hard with the driver and other clubs, it would seem that he will damage that disk much more quickly swinging like he is.  But it's obvious he is enjoying feeling pain free at the moment.

Be ok to see him in a wheelchair as he gets older.
todays kids cant swing fast without spreading it
Knows the secret to the golf swing to own it.
300+ yards and 4% dispersion for unmatched accuracy
Golf God

17

#48 Hubijerk

Hubijerk

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305901
  • Joined: 04/05/2014
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:hubijerk2p7b
GolfWRX Likes : 326

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:04 AM

View PostksuWildcat, on 11 March 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

View Postcardoza, on 10 March 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

I'm a Tiger fan, but I find it hard to believe they aren't juicing those numbers a little bit.

How many surgeries on his knee and back?  4-5 on each.  Including a fusion.  42 years old.  Ya, there's some juice involved.

Whatever...incredible to watch, and I'm pulling for him.

I'm a guy who personally believes he and others did juice a few years ago, potentially was caught, and covered up.  However... Now I think this is more likely stem cell therapy.  site injections for back and knees, as well as IV infusions.  Mesenchymal stem cells from a 20 year old stud... More effective for recovery and energy than any steroid or GH we have now.  And it's not banned by the testing bodies.....  Same thing with Phil... Psoriatic Arthritis can be crushingly debilitating.  IV Stem cell therapy has been known to pretty much cure all of the symptoms and has a strong history of positive treatment with other auto-immune diseases.

IV stem cells = The new juice.  And, is most probably the future of medicine.
You can't sneak the cheese by a rat

18

#49 80sFredriksson

80sFredriksson

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477578
  • Joined: 08/04/2017
  • Location:Sweden
  • Handicap:-
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:15 AM

maybe some truth to the rumours of the pros using non conforming drivers, that could explain the 1.5+ smash factors

19

#50 GMR

GMR

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 175756
  • Joined: 04/17/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 510

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:25 AM

He has probably picked up 1-2 mph from moving from an 85/95g shaft in driver to 65g. Not sure it's accurate but saw it reported somewhere that he may have gone from playing length of 44" to 44.5" recently as well? While COR may have been maxed out a while ago, the forgiveness gains in the new equipment is clearly allowing guys to tune their setups more for speed without having to worry so much about unplayable mishits.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 vanillafunk616

vanillafunk616

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378040
  • Joined: 05/28/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 285

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:05 AM

God I wish they had trackman for tiger in 1996/1997.

I can't help but wonder how smart this is for a guy whose two main questions are health and driving accuracy to go that hard at the ball.

21

#52 slimeone

slimeone

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 328273
  • Joined: 07/21/2014
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 750

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

View PostHubijerk, on 11 March 2018 - 05:04 AM, said:

View PostksuWildcat, on 11 March 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

View Postcardoza, on 10 March 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

I'm a Tiger fan, but I find it hard to believe they aren't juicing those numbers a little bit.

How many surgeries on his knee and back?  4-5 on each.  Including a fusion.  42 years old.  Ya, there's some juice involved.

Whatever...incredible to watch, and I'm pulling for him.

I'm a guy who personally believes he and others did juice a few years ago, potentially was caught, and covered up.  However... Now I think this is more likely stem cell therapy.  site injections for back and knees, as well as IV infusions.  Mesenchymal stem cells from a 20 year old stud... More effective for recovery and energy than any steroid or GH we have now.  And it's not banned by the testing bodies.....  Same thing with Phil... Psoriatic Arthritis can be crushingly debilitating.  IV Stem cell therapy has been known to pretty much cure all of the symptoms and has a strong history of positive treatment with other auto-immune diseases.

IV stem cells = The new juice.  And, is most probably the future of medicine.
This is an interesting take. Where do they get the stem cells from? I imagine it's exceedingly expensive which makes it a perfect opportunity for the elite golfer with more money than they knew what to do with.

Edit - serious question - is there a black market for this stuff, with poor people donating cells from their body for medical "research"?

Edited by slimeone, 11 March 2018 - 06:54 AM.


22

#53 Kscarguy

Kscarguy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384204
  • Joined: 07/04/2015
  • Location:Kansas
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:Littlesilverspider
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

I think for tiger to get back his mojo and dominance again the key has always been the driver. He loves to send it out there. I think what is his way of showing off. Once his drive is consistent long. No one, I mean no one is going to beat him because his shirt game would be even better due to confidence of his driving . Just like yesterday he will be chipping them in from everywhere and the putter will be $

23

#54 Hubijerk

Hubijerk

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305901
  • Joined: 04/05/2014
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:hubijerk2p7b
GolfWRX Likes : 326

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:36 AM

View Postslimeone, on 11 March 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

View PostHubijerk, on 11 March 2018 - 05:04 AM, said:

View PostksuWildcat, on 11 March 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

View Postcardoza, on 10 March 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

I'm a Tiger fan, but I find it hard to believe they aren't juicing those numbers a little bit.

How many surgeries on his knee and back?  4-5 on each.  Including a fusion.  42 years old.  Ya, there's some juice involved.

Whatever...incredible to watch, and I'm pulling for him.

I'm a guy who personally believes he and others did juice a few years ago, potentially was caught, and covered up.  However... Now I think this is more likely stem cell therapy.  site injections for back and knees, as well as IV infusions.  Mesenchymal stem cells from a 20 year old stud... More effective for recovery and energy than any steroid or GH we have now.  And it's not banned by the testing bodies.....  Same thing with Phil... Psoriatic Arthritis can be crushingly debilitating.  IV Stem cell therapy has been known to pretty much cure all of the symptoms and has a strong history of positive treatment with other auto-immune diseases.

IV stem cells = The new juice.  And, is most probably the future of medicine.
This is an interesting take. Where do they get the stem cells from? I imagine it's exceedingly expensive which makes it a perfect opportunity for the elite golfer with more money than they knew what to do with.

Edit - serious question - is there a black market for this stuff, with poor people donating cells from their body for medical "research"?

Not a black market at all.  Not unlike women donating eggs, Young men and women are donating stem cells from marrow etc. and then the best cells are isolated and grown/replicated. One of the best labs in the world is in Panama.  There are docs that have practices in the US, then fly to their other offices, labs and do treatments that are not yet approved in the US.  In fact stem cell therapy has gotten less effective and limited in the states because of increasing regulations from the FDA.  Joe Rogan had a podcast recently with Mel Gibson and Neil Riordan talking about it.  Because of the restrictions and limitations yeah, pretty much just the rich can afford this.  There are ortho docs in the states that do injections but they are still very expensive, not covered by insurance, and much less effective than what you can get in other countries.  There are lots of guys in combat sports, and other professional athletes doing this.  You're probably looking at 30-50k per treatment injections + IV, then travel etc. but it's probably well worth it.  Depending on ailment or injury I would certainly pursue this avenue and take out a loan 1st before using insurance for traditional accepted methods we use... And I do this (traditional medicine/medical) for a living.  I'm strongly considering pursuing another degree in stem cell science, USC is the closest University to me that has a program but there are a few other schools.
You can't sneak the cheese by a rat

24

#55 27x10.5

27x10.5

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45548
  • Joined: 01/10/2008
  • Location:Boston, MA
GolfWRX Likes : 537

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:00 AM

They get the best results from umbilical cords and it's not allowed in the US because it would make too many drugs irrelevant


25

#56 stu_man

stu_man

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107853
  • Joined: 05/12/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 780

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

View PostAmazinBlue, on 10 March 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

How long do you think that spinal disk just above the fusion will hold up when the bottom vertebrae is immobilized and the one above is twisting and tilting against it?  Spinal surgeons will tell you the disks above a fusion will deteriorate quicker than ones where no fusion exists.  

As Tiger continues to swing so hard with the driver and other clubs, it would seem that he will damage that disk much more quickly swinging like he is.  But it's obvious he is enjoying feeling pain free at the moment.

I bet you hang out with spinal surgeons all the time.

26

#57 27x10.5

27x10.5

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45548
  • Joined: 01/10/2008
  • Location:Boston, MA
GolfWRX Likes : 537

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:23 AM

I hate when I'm in line at the supermarket and these spinal surgeons constantly hold up the line giving unsolicited advice...I'm just trying to get out of there

27

#58 mosesgolf

mosesgolf

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,597 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6303
  • Joined: 09/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1893

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:25 AM

View Poststu_man, on 11 March 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

View PostAmazinBlue, on 10 March 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

How long do you think that spinal disk just above the fusion will hold up when the bottom vertebrae is immobilized and the one above is twisting and tilting against it?  Spinal surgeons will tell you the disks above a fusion will deteriorate quicker than ones where no fusion exists.  

As Tiger continues to swing so hard with the driver and other clubs, it would seem that he will damage that disk much more quickly swinging like he is.  But it's obvious he is enjoying feeling pain free at the moment.
that

I bet you hang out with spinal surgeons all the time.

Exactly.  So many Google info experts on this board and negative Nancy's.   A word to the wise that if you sit at business meetings and all you ever do is point out the negatives time in and time out see what happens to your career long term.  

It's good to see Tiger's speed back.  He dominated on par 5's like no other before him.  And with his speed he doesn't always have to hit driver.   It's great to see him back.   Tiger has all the tools to dominate again.  Now it's just a matter of time.  :D
Titleist 917D3 9.5 Fujikura Tour Spec 74 Stiff
Titleist 917F2 15* Project X 75 Stiff
Titleist 910H 19* Project X 6.0
Titleist 910H 23  Project X 6.0
Titleist 714MB DGS300 4-9
Titleist Vokey 48 54 60
Titleist Scotty Futura 34

28

#59 slimeone

slimeone

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 328273
  • Joined: 07/21/2014
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 750

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostHubijerk, on 11 March 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

View Postslimeone, on 11 March 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

View PostHubijerk, on 11 March 2018 - 05:04 AM, said:

View PostksuWildcat, on 11 March 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

View Postcardoza, on 10 March 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

I'm a Tiger fan, but I find it hard to believe they aren't juicing those numbers a little bit.

How many surgeries on his knee and back?  4-5 on each.  Including a fusion.  42 years old.  Ya, there's some juice involved.

Whatever...incredible to watch, and I'm pulling for him.

I'm a guy who personally believes he and others did juice a few years ago, potentially was caught, and covered up.  However... Now I think this is more likely stem cell therapy.  site injections for back and knees, as well as IV infusions.  Mesenchymal stem cells from a 20 year old stud... More effective for recovery and energy than any steroid or GH we have now.  And it's not banned by the testing bodies.....  Same thing with Phil... Psoriatic Arthritis can be crushingly debilitating.  IV Stem cell therapy has been known to pretty much cure all of the symptoms and has a strong history of positive treatment with other auto-immune diseases.

IV stem cells = The new juice.  And, is most probably the future of medicine.
This is an interesting take. Where do they get the stem cells from? I imagine it's exceedingly expensive which makes it a perfect opportunity for the elite golfer with more money than they knew what to do with.

Edit - serious question - is there a black market for this stuff, with poor people donating cells from their body for medical "research"?

Not a black market at all.  Not unlike women donating eggs, Young men and women are donating stem cells from marrow etc. and then the best cells are isolated and grown/replicated. One of the best labs in the world is in Panama.  There are docs that have practices in the US, then fly to their other offices, labs and do treatments that are not yet approved in the US.  In fact stem cell therapy has gotten less effective and limited in the states because of increasing regulations from the FDA.  Joe Rogan had a podcast recently with Mel Gibson and Neil Riordan talking about it.  Because of the restrictions and limitations yeah, pretty much just the rich can afford this.  There are ortho docs in the states that do injections but they are still very expensive, not covered by insurance, and much less effective than what you can get in other countries.  There are lots of guys in combat sports, and other professional athletes doing this.  You're probably looking at 30-50k per treatment injections + IV, then travel etc. but it's probably well worth it.  Depending on ailment or injury I would certainly pursue this avenue and take out a loan 1st before using insurance for traditional accepted methods we use... And I do this (traditional medicine/medical) for a living.  I'm strongly considering pursuing another degree in stem cell science, USC is the closest University to me that has a program but there are a few other schools.
Thanks for all the info, it's fascinating, especially that they can be reproduced. If that's the case couldn't they just mass clone them from the original sample? Curious about Mel Gibson's interest in stem cells though, that's not the guy you want as a public spokesperson.

29

#60 ray9898

ray9898

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 419990
  • Joined: 04/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:29 AM

View PostGMR, on 11 March 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

He has probably picked up 1-2 mph from moving from an 85/95g shaft in driver to 65g. Not sure it's accurate but saw it reported somewhere that he may have gone from playing length of 44" to 44.5" recently as well? .

He went to a 65g shaft this week and increased to a 44.75 length.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors