Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

KRANK Formula X

krankgolf LD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nickthurgood

Nickthurgood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 272901
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:56 PM

Krank announced a new driver - the Formula X.  I was excited to hear about it, especially considering they broke from their two-year release cycle.

I'm curious if anyone has some information about it!  Please don't think me cynical for this....I've bought 5 Krank drivers in the past 3 years and truly like them.

However, their emails claim the straightest, longest distance ever (they really are pretty good) and now they're claiming much more forgiveness.  But the graphics of the new driver in the emails are extremely pixelated and hard to see (certainly they have to have better pics in order to create the thing)...also, in talking to their reps, they can't tell me anything in regards as to why its more forgiving....not a thing of MOI.  They definitely can't tell me anything about the Center of Gravity either and whether or not it is lower spin.  Hardly anything else as well.  They just claim everything but don't really reveal or show anything.  Anyone else thinking the same?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 CURARE121

CURARE121

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 499286
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:46 PM

View PostNickthurgood, on 08 March 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

Krank announced a new driver - the Formula X.  I was excited to hear about it, especially considering they broke from their two-year release cycle.

I'm curious if anyone has some information about it!  Please don't think me cynical for this....I've bought 5 Krank drivers in the past 3 years and truly like them.

However, their emails claim the straightest, longest distance ever (they really are pretty good) and now they're claiming much more forgiveness.  But the graphics of the new driver in the emails are extremely pixelated and hard to see (certainly they have to have better pics in order to create the thing)...also, in talking to their reps, they can't tell me anything in regards as to why its more forgiving....not a thing of MOI.  They definitely can't tell me anything about the Center of Gravity either and whether or not it is lower spin.  Hardly anything else as well.  They just claim everything but don't really reveal or show anything.  Anyone else thinking the same?

Hey there Bud,

Im a long time Krank advocate and I compete using ONLY Krank drivers.

I preordered my Formula X when Lance himself called me. Once I got it in (about 1.5 months later, not their fault I use an extremely low lofted club) I couldn't wait to go to the range. I was sorely disappointed !!!! The adjustable part makes no sense and No Matter where I put it I get bad bad results !! My best drive with this thing was a shaped hook and only about 210 yards. So i go to the bag and get my Formula 6.5 ( 2 years old) and Im back to crushing the ball average over 8 shots 381. I've let others hit it as well and no one likes it. I dont see any improvements at all. And that makes me sad !!!
Now remember all of my drivers are as listed: Formula 6.5 4 degree, Formula 7 4 degree, Formula X 4 degree and all are 48"

I will be on my way this weekend to the Clash In The Canyon in Mesquite Nevada, and the Formula X will be staying at home.
Im hoping to see Lance there and I will discuss this with him in detail. In all fairness Ive not had time to sit down and call him, could be something odd with this one?? I dont know, but I do know Lance will make it right !! Hes a great guy and truly cares about every driver he sells.

Dont know if this is any help or not?? But thats my 2 cents worth.

#3 Nickthurgood

Nickthurgood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 272901
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for your reply!  Good to hear a review about it. I'm sorry to hear it wasn't what you were hoping. I just want explanations to back up their extravagant claims. I can't get answers from them to questions such as: Is it going to spin more/less?  Why??  How is it more accurate? Did they increase forgiveness? How?? Etc., etc..  
I too hit their low loft heads. I've had each driver since the Krank Rage Black (except Formula 6.5 and X) and have liked my 4* Formula 6 the most but it is being GREATLY outperformed by my 8.5* (6.5 adjusted) M3 now!

Edited by Nickthurgood, 19 April 2018 - 11:31 PM.

#4 Kevin Blenkhorn

Kevin Blenkhorn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494648
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

I would like to chime in on this one.  I know every driver does not work for everyone.  I can't hit the M1 worth s*** but some guys love it.   I just got back from the Clash in the Canyon long driver comp in Mesquite Nevada and won the Masters division and 2 of the 3 local open qualifiers I entered using the new Krank Formula X with the HOF Code blue XXX shaft.  I switched from the Brute which I finished second at the world championships with because the Krank was hotter and spun less and I really like the fact that if I cave or crack a head I just pop it off and put on a new one.  It was also the straightest I have ever hit in a competition.  I am not on the Krank team nor do they pay me so I wouldn't be saying any of this were it not true.  I did switch lofts once and from neutral to draw bias once due to wind conditions with my same swing and it did make a difference.  The reason it spins less is there is less bulge and roll.  The 6.5 and 7 were around 8-9 and the X starts at 12 . I really worked on my angle of attack to get it around +5 or 6 with an inside swing path.  I am not sure if this is the reason you didn't like the X or your shaft set up , it took me about 5 hitting sessions to get used to it but now there is NO going back for me.  I hit 1 ball in the 3 rd local qualifier of the day at 437yrds that was about 3/8' high of center that I know comes off the face at around 1700-1800 spin.  It was one of the best balls I have hit in mesquite in 20 years.

Kevin Blenkhorn

#5 0psi

0psi

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500462
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:50 AM

View PostKevin Blenkhorn, on 27 April 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

The reason it spins less is there is less bulge and roll.  

That's interesting and has piqued my interest.

I have an older F5 and struggle with it a bit compared to my Geek or Callaway heads and the only thing I can put it down to is the crazy amount of bulge and roll. When I set up to my F5 it's almost like I'm aiming 'somewhere in that general direction' where as my other heads I'm always aiming at an exact point. Might have to give it a look.

Titleist 917 D3. Diamana D+ 70 X
Nike SQ Tour Issue 4 wood. Diamana Whiteboard 70 X
Mizuno MP H4 3 iron. DG X100
Mizuno MP 53 4-PW. DG X100
Mizuno T7. 50, 55, 60. DG X100
Bettinardi Inovai

#6 Kevin Blenkhorn

Kevin Blenkhorn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494648
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

I was not a huge fan of the F5 but I love X for sure.

Also tagged with krankgolf, LD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors