Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Concerts you have attended

music

142 replies to this topic

#91 FlyingLaw1

FlyingLaw1

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468870
  • Joined: 05/23/2017
  • Location:MO
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:43 PM

Some of of you have been to some pretty darn legit concerts... and LOTS of them!! I'm truly jealous!

I've been a jazz musician for most of my life at this point so I've seen more jazz bands/big bands/combos than I can count. A few notables are, Basie Big Band, Gordon Goodwins big phat band (they did the music for The Incredibles), and Maynard Ferguson. I was also at Maynard Ferguson's tribute concert... That was by far the best concert I've ever been to, the talent on that stage will never be matched as far as I'm concerned.

I've also seen countless local bands. I mean I've seen well over a hundred shows at this point.

As far as mainstream acts... My first concert was Blue Oyster Cult/REO Speedwagon when I was a kid. I saw Jimmie Vaughn when I was in Austin last summer.

Also been to a few symphony concerts in various cities in the US and Europe.

GO DAWGS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#92 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago Now in - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 131

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostKaysquare, on 13 April 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times):  Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.
I remember Mel Torme, he did a guest appearance on the TV show Night Court.

2

#93 Steele47

Steele47

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248371
  • Joined: 05/01/2013
  • Location:Idaho
GolfWRX Likes : 408

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

View Post2ball, on 20 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostKaysquare, on 13 April 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times):  Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.
I remember Mel Torme, he did a guest appearance on the TV show Night Court.


You beat me to it!  lol..  I remember they always made references to Mel Torme since the lead character was apparently obsessed with Torme.

3

#94 Kaysquare

Kaysquare

    Puppyluv

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76012
  • Joined: 02/24/2009
  • Location:New Mexico
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1728

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostSteele47, on 20 April 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

View Post2ball, on 20 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostKaysquare, on 13 April 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times):  Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.
I remember Mel Torme, he did a guest appearance on the TV show Night Court.


You beat me to it!  lol..  I remember they always made references to Mel Torme since the lead character was apparently obsessed with Torme.
Mel Torme, also known as "The Velvet Fog"

4

#95 DrOldSchool

DrOldSchool

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381708
  • Joined: 06/21/2015
  • Location:Noblesville, IN
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:32 PM

View PostSteele47, on 20 April 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

View Post2ball, on 20 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostKaysquare, on 13 April 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times):  Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.
I remember Mel Torme, he did a guest appearance on the TV show Night Court.


You beat me to it!  lol..  I remember they always made references to Mel Torme since the lead character was apparently obsessed with Torme.

The late Harry Anderson was a huge fan of his. Torme also had a great appearance on Seinfeld in "The Jimmy" episode.


5

#96 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

    steal your face right off your head

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Joined: 02/13/2009
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 579

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:01 AM

How about a little slide in a different direction:

What are some concerts ya'll want to see coming up? What are some concerts you wish you could've seen?

Coming up I've got Dead & Co, Lynryd Skynrd, & DMB on tap. Toying with the idea of seeing Umphreys Mcgee at Red Rocks. Has anyone seen a concert there? I've heard it's worth it.

I'd love to see A Tribe Called Quest live but it's just not going to be the saw without Phife Dog.
Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Jet Black SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

6

#97 B_of_H

B_of_H

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246729
  • Joined: 04/22/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

View Postmoegolfer11, on 24 April 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

How about a little slide in a different direction:

What are some concerts ya'll want to see coming up? What are some concerts you wish you could've seen?

Coming up I've got Dead & Co, Lynryd Skynrd, & DMB on tap. Toying with the idea of seeing Umphreys Mcgee at Red Rocks. Has anyone seen a concert there? I've heard it's worth it.



I've seen the following at Red Rocks (Its an 8 hour drive): Widespread Panic 99-01, Ween, Tenacious D, Allman Bros, Phil Lesh and Friends, and Gov't Mule.  Great Venue.  

I just saw Jack White last night and thought it was fantastic.

7

#98 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,560 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 21020

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:01 AM

Biggest regret was not seeing Pink Floyd before Roger left the band. Also should have seen the Eagles before they split up in '80.

8

#99 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12923

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

I am thinking of seeing Caroline Rose in Baltimore.


The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

9

#100 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago Now in - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 131

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:21 AM

View PostDrOldSchool, on 21 April 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

View PostSteele47, on 20 April 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

View Post2ball, on 20 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostKaysquare, on 13 April 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times):  Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.
I remember Mel Torme, he did a guest appearance on the TV show Night Court.


You beat me to it!  lol..  I remember they always made references to Mel Torme since the lead character was apparently obsessed with Torme.

The late Harry Anderson was a huge fan of his. Torme also had a great appearance on Seinfeld in "The Jimmy" episode.

wha...what the late harry anderson, he's dead? i gotta go look this up.... I'll be back.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#101 dan360

dan360

    Paisano

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8694
  • Joined: 12/13/2005
  • Location:Olympia lowlife...
GolfWRX Likes : 6203

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:47 AM

Good gravy I've forgotten more than I can remember.   Highlights:

AC/DC - Tacoma Dome   1991, 2009, 2016.    

Nirvana's "first music video" - Radio Shack, South Shore Mall Aberdeen, WA 1988.    
Nirvana @ Dale Crover's house, late 80s
Nirvana @ the Hoquiam Eagles, late 80s

Queensryche, Loaded - Showbox Sodo, Seattle.   The worst "seats in the house" are less than 60 feet from the stage.   2008

Chris Ledoux and Garth Brooks - Cheyenne, WY.  First and only time they did a live duet of "Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy" at the 100th annual Cheyenne Frontier Days in 1996.

Dwight Yoakam - Ryman Auditorium Nashville TN.   2005    Lucked into a ticket, what an amazing performance.

Metallica - Aberdeen, WA.   1996.   A local guy won the 'MTV Motherload' sweepstakes and Metallica played @ Louie's.   Frickin epic!
As of 26APR2018

TaylorMade M1 '17 440 9° HZRDUS Yellow
TaylorMade M1 '17 3HL KuroKage
Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1 iron Modus 120
Mizuno MP-33 3-PW S300 1 soft step +.5 2 flat
Mizuno MP-T10 54(bent to 52)/60 DGW  +.5 1 flat
PING Anser Jim Wells tour 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis
OUUL h2oProof stand bag black

11

#102 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago Now in - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 131

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:55 AM

Anderson was a longtime fan of singer Mel Tormé and his character Judge Stone on Night Court was also a Tormé fan; the singer appeared on the sitcom six times (as himself).[9] Night Court's creator Reinhold Weege stated that Anderson being a Tormé fan like his character was completely coincidental.[22] Anderson was among those who delivered eulogies at the singer's funeral in 1999.[23]
In 2006, Anderson and his wife Elizabeth moved from New Orleans to Asheville, North Carolina.[19]
Death

In late January 2018, Anderson had a bout of influenza, and subsequently suffered several strokes. On April 16, 2018, Anderson died in his sleep of a cardioembolic cerebrovascular accident complicated by influenza at his home in Asheville at the age of 65.[1][5][8][9]

Edited by 2ball, 27 April 2018 - 12:56 AM.


12

#103 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 306

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

Seeing Foo Fighters in Atlanta on Saturday!
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Odyssey Works Red #1W S

13

#104 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago Now in - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 131

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:58 PM

View Postkrtgolfing, on 27 April 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Seeing Foo Fighters in Atlanta on Saturday!

cool. let us know if Dave pulls some one out of the crowd to play guitar it seems to happen a lot.

14

#105 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12923

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

View Post2ball, on 29 April 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

View Postkrtgolfing, on 27 April 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Seeing Foo Fighters in Atlanta on Saturday!

cool. let us know if Dave pulls some one out of the crowd to play guitar it seems to happen a lot.

Billy Joe used to do that at green day concerts. "Who knows how to play St Jimmy? You? I'm serious. I'm not f*****g around. You better not f*** up" Kid would come up and take Billy's guitar and play really well, and the Billy would be like, "Alright, get the f*** off my stage". I'm not sure if the kid was a plant, but it was entertaining...

The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

15

#106 ceejay81

ceejay81

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492284
  • Joined: 01/30/2018
  • Location:Washington, DC
GolfWRX Likes : 1176

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:18 AM

Just saw Beck on Friday night in DC at The Anthem.  Unbelievable show.  That dude is just plain cool.

Going to see Jack White at the end of May.  Really looking forward to that show.

16

#107 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 306

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

View Postthug the bunny, on 29 April 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

View Post2ball, on 29 April 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

View Postkrtgolfing, on 27 April 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Seeing Foo Fighters in Atlanta on Saturday!

cool. let us know if Dave pulls some one out of the crowd to play guitar it seems to happen a lot.

Billy Joe used to do that at green day concerts. "Who knows how to play St Jimmy? You? I'm serious. I'm not f*****g around. You better not f*** up" Kid would come up and take Billy's guitar and play really well, and the Billy would be like, "Alright, get the f*** off my stage". I'm not sure if the kid was a plant, but it was entertaining...

When I saw Green Day last year he brought somebody up on stage and played a song. Think he got to keep the guitar as well.
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Odyssey Works Red #1W S

17

#108 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago Now in - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 131

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

View Postceejay81, on 30 April 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Just saw Beck on Friday night in DC at The Anthem.  Unbelievable show.  That dude is just plain cool.

Going to see Jack White at the end of May.  Really looking forward to that show.

have you even seen the bit where jack and stephen cobert square off on the catholic challenge?

18

#109 ceejay81

ceejay81

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492284
  • Joined: 01/30/2018
  • Location:Washington, DC
GolfWRX Likes : 1176

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

View Post2ball, on 01 May 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

View Postceejay81, on 30 April 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Just saw Beck on Friday night in DC at The Anthem.  Unbelievable show.  That dude is just plain cool.

Going to see Jack White at the end of May.  Really looking forward to that show.

have you even seen the bit where jack and stephen cobert square off on the catholic challenge?

Ooohh, I have not but just found it and will watch after work.  Thanks!

19

#110 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago Now in - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 131

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

View Postceejay81, on 01 May 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

View Post2ball, on 01 May 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

View Postceejay81, on 30 April 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Just saw Beck on Friday night in DC at The Anthem.  Unbelievable show.  That dude is just plain cool.

Going to see Jack White at the end of May.  Really looking forward to that show.

have you even seen the bit where jack and stephen cobert square off on the catholic challenge?

Ooohh, I have not but just found it and will watch after work.  Thanks!

http://www.cc.com/vi...wn---uncensored


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#111 Gmcourtney

Gmcourtney

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 287013
  • Joined: 12/07/2013
  • Location:Denver
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

You guys who saw Hendrix win.  There arenít many people who legitimately got to do so.

I wouldnít know where to begin with listing all of my concerts. I spend most of my college years and early 20ís chasing bands all around the place.

A few highlights though...

David Gilmour - Massey Hall, Toronto. This would have been 2005 or 2006 when On an Island came out.  He played a handful of small theaters in North America. Massey Hall is a great theater with lots of great history.  

Keith Jarrett - Carnegie Hall, NYC.  Fall 2005?  Such an amazing venue and incredible musician. ECM ended up releasing this as a live album.  The improv pieces were great, but the 5 song encores made the night.  

Tool - Fox Theater, Detroit. 2006.  Right around the time 10,000 Days was released they did a short tour of small theater venues.  Iíve seen them before and after at arena sized shows, but this one was special. The Fox in Detroit is magnificent inside.  

Al DiMeola - Scala, Stuttgart DE. 2011, i think. I was in Germany for work and DiMeola happened to be in town while we were there.  My coworker was a classically trained guitar player and knew Al from years back.  We showed up, and sat in the front row. After the encore, my coworker stepped up towards the stage, and Alís WTF are you doing here face was hilarious. Got to go back afterwards and meet him briefly.

I live in CO now, and see a couple of shows at Red Rocks a year, but donít really attend too much any more. Had some good times though.

21

#112 Drewmun

Drewmun

    Is that my ball?

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88500
  • Joined: 07/14/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

Last concert was Prophets of Rage In Brooklyn
Callaway Epic SZ 10.5 Diamana Green Stiff
Callaway Epic 3 Wood Diamana Green Stiff
Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid 18* Recoil F4
Callaway Big Bertha 4 Hybrid 22* Recoil F4
Callaway Steelhead Pro 5-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Callaway MG3 50* 54* 60*
Odyssey Tank #1 38"
Callaway Chromesoft X

22

#113 KaBoom21

KaBoom21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13233
  • Joined: 03/09/2006
  • Location:chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

Elbow, Lettuce/Galactic, New Pornographers, Afghan Whigs/Built To Spill.

23

#114 UofU02

UofU02

    Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231449
  • Joined: 02/22/2013
  • Location:Flyover Country
GolfWRX Likes : 1169

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:27 AM

View PostDrewmun, on 04 May 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Last concert was Prophets of Rage In Brooklyn

Tom Morello and Chuck D together at last!  It took too long for them to work together.  Iíd actually love to just sit back stage and have a conversation with those two.  Both are highly intelligent and knowledgeable about music and politics.
Callaway Rogue 9.0*
Taylormade M2 16.5* fairway wood
Mizuno JPX 900 3 and 4 hybrids
Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
Scotty Cameron AOP Newport Custom
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54* and 58*

24

#115 Bob Cat

Bob Cat

    Golfopath

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64647
  • Joined: 08/31/2008
  • Location:East Central Indiana
  • Handicap:~9
GolfWRX Likes : 307

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostUofU02, on 06 May 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

View PostDrewmun, on 04 May 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Last concert was Prophets of Rage In Brooklyn

Tom Morello and Chuck D together at last!  It took too long for them to work together.  I'd actually love to just sit back stage and have a conversation with those two.  Both are highly intelligent and knowledgeable about music and politics.

Can you link a tune this old rock n roller might enjoy?  My music cups never too full.

Taylormade M1
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM5
TM Spider Tour Black
Top Flite Gamer Tour
Sun Mountain Four 5
Clicgear 3.5+

25

#116 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

    steal your face right off your head

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Joined: 02/13/2009
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 579

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:59 PM

View PostKaBoom21, on 05 May 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

Elbow, Lettuce/Galactic, New Pornographers, Afghan Whigs/Built To Spill.

Hell yeah, how did you like lettuce?
Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Jet Black SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

26

#117 rpm300

rpm300

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77251
  • Joined: 03/12/2009
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:4.8
  • Ebay ID:roncar67
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

Rock, Pop, Country

Chicago
John Denver
David Bowie
The Plimsouls
The Tubes (2x)
Big Audio Dynamite
Aerosmith
The Firm
Kiss
Van Halen
Jethro Tull
The Smiths
Billy Bragg
New Order (2x)
Echo and the Bunnymen
Jean Loves Jezebel
Public Image Ltd.
The Cure
The Replacements
10,000 Maniacs
Lyle Lovett
Kd Lang
Michelle Shocked (3x)
Depeche Mode
Nirvana
Uncle Tupelo
Bottle Rockets (5 or 6x)
Son Volt
Wilco (2x)
Old 97's (5x)
Los Lobos (3x)
John Spencer Blues Explosion*
Cheap Trick
Tom Waits
Alejandro Escovedo
Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
The Blasters
Los Straight Jackets (4 or 5x)
Bare Naked Ladies
Dave Alvin (3x)
The Flatlanders
Ronnie Dawson (3x)
Jimmy Dale Gilmore (3x)
Richard Thompson
Bela Fleck and the Flectones
Big Sandy and his Fly Rite Boys
The Mighty Blue Kings
Royal Crown Revue
Luna (3x)
White Stripes
Ray Charles
Willie Nelson
The Donnas
Palace Music
Modest Mouse
Murder City Devels
The Woggles
Dale Watson (5 or 6x)
Robbie Fulks
Craig Morgan
Dwight Yoakam
Carly Rae Jepsen*

Jazz

Jimmy Smith (2x)
Joe Henderson
Eddie Harris
McCoy Tyner (2x)
Stanley Turrentine
Benny Golson
Curtis Fuller
Ron Carter
Ray Brown (2x)
John Scofield
Elvin Jones
Abbey Lincoln
Regina Carter
Poncho Sanchez
Kenny Burrell
Terence Blanchard

That's all I can think of right now.

*Remembered 2 more

Also going to see Bruno Mars w/ Cardi B this September.

Edited by rpm300, 19 May 2018 - 10:10 PM.

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10.5 Rogue Max 75 X
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 15° 3 wood Rogue Max 85 X
Callaway Razr X Tour 3 Hybrid
Srixon Z 745 PX 6.0
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50° 54° 58° PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron GoLo 3 33" (2014)
Srixon Z Star XV

27

#118 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12923

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:57 PM

View Postrpm300, on 07 May 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Rock, Pop, Country

Chicago
John Denver
David Bowie
The Plimsouls
The Tubes (2x)
Big Audio Dynamite
Aerosmith
The Firm
Kiss
Van Halen
Jethro Tull
The Smiths
Billy Bragg
New Order (2x)
Echo and the Bunnymen
Jean Loves Jezebel
Public Image Ltd.
The Cure
The Replacements
10,000 Maniacs
Kd Lang
Michelle Shocked (3x)
Depeche Mode
Nirvana
Uncle Tupelo
Bottle Rockets (5 or 6x)
Son Volt
Wilco (2x)
Old 97's (5x)
Los Lobos (3x)
Cheap Trick
Alejandro Escovedo
Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
The Blasters
Los Straight Jackets (4 or 5x)
Bare Naked Ladies
Dave Alvin (3x)
The Flatlanders
Ronnie Dawson (3x)
Jimmy Dale Gilmore (3x)
Richard Thompson
Bela Fleck and the Flectones
Big Sandy and his Fly Rite Boys
The Mighty Blue Kings
Royal Crown Revue
Luna (3x)
White Stripes
The Donnas
Palace Music
Modest Mouse
Murder City Devels
The Woggles
Dale Watson (5 or 6x)
Robbie Fulks
Craig Morgan
Dwight Yoakam

Jazz

Jimmy Smith (2x)
Joe Henderson
Eddie Harris
McCoy Tyner (2x)
Stanley Turrentine
Benny Golson
Curtis Fuller
Ron Carter
Ray Brown (2x)
John Scofield
Elvin Jones
Abbey Lincoln
Regina Carter
Poncho Sanchez
Kenny Burrell
Terence Blanchard

That's all I can think of right now.

That's all? And the winner out of all that?
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

28

#119 rpm300

rpm300

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77251
  • Joined: 03/12/2009
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:4.8
  • Ebay ID:roncar67
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:04 AM

View Postthug the bunny, on 07 May 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

View Postrpm300, on 07 May 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Rock, Pop, Country

Chicago
John Denver
David Bowie
The Plimsouls
The Tubes (2x)
Big Audio Dynamite
Aerosmith
The Firm
Kiss
Van Halen
Jethro Tull
The Smiths
Billy Bragg
New Order (2x)
Echo and the Bunnymen
Jean Loves Jezebel
Public Image Ltd.
The Cure
The Replacements
10,000 Maniacs
Kd Lang
Michelle Shocked (3x)
Depeche Mode
Nirvana
Uncle Tupelo
Bottle Rockets (5 or 6x)
Son Volt
Wilco (2x)
Old 97's (5x)
Los Lobos (3x)
Cheap Trick
Alejandro Escovedo
Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
The Blasters
Los Straight Jackets (4 or 5x)
Bare Naked Ladies
Dave Alvin (3x)
The Flatlanders
Ronnie Dawson (3x)
Jimmy Dale Gilmore (3x)
Richard Thompson
Bela Fleck and the Flectones
Big Sandy and his Fly Rite Boys
The Mighty Blue Kings
Royal Crown Revue
Luna (3x)
White Stripes
The Donnas
Palace Music
Modest Mouse
Murder City Devels
The Woggles
Dale Watson (5 or 6x)
Robbie Fulks
Craig Morgan
Dwight Yoakam

Jazz

Jimmy Smith (2x)
Joe Henderson
Eddie Harris
McCoy Tyner (2x)
Stanley Turrentine
Benny Golson
Curtis Fuller
Ron Carter
Ray Brown (2x)
John Scofield
Elvin Jones
Abbey Lincoln
Regina Carter
Poncho Sanchez
Kenny Burrell
Terence Blanchard

That's all I can think of right now.

That's all? And the winner out of all that?
Wow! That would be a tough one! I remember walking out of most of those gigs saying "that was the best concert I've ever seen!" Haha!

Best vocal performance would be Kd Lang (saw her in 1993)
Loudest was the Replacements (couldn't hear for 3 days)
The Firm  (Page of course)

I could make a list just as long, if not longer, of bands or musicians that I would've loved to have seen.

Edited by rpm300, 08 May 2018 - 11:17 AM.

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10.5 Rogue Max 75 X
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 15° 3 wood Rogue Max 85 X
Callaway Razr X Tour 3 Hybrid
Srixon Z 745 PX 6.0
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50° 54° 58° PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron GoLo 3 33" (2014)
Srixon Z Star XV

29

#120 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
  • Joined: 05/28/2008
  • Location:Scottsdale Az
GolfWRX Likes : 4131

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

View Postthug the bunny, on 13 March 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:


Wait, the Dead were not the best musically? I know that sometimes when they go off on their space jams it can be a little here or there, but that is the nature of improvisation, and overall they were some of the best musicians in their era. Percussion - Hart and Kreutzman, amazing (sure, not Neil Pert or Steve Gadd, but then who is). Bass - Phil Lesh, don't even argue. Guitars - Wier and Garcia, ummm yeah, say no more.

Meant to reply to this a while ago, got busy at work forgot about it until I was watching some stuff on the Dead over the weekend.

I agree they were some of the best musicians, however by the time I saw them in the 93-94 range Jerry was really far gone on the Heroin. Bret Mydland was already dead. They just were not the same as watching some of their earlier stuff from the 70's and early 80's. That is what I meant. Set list and solos seemed to turn darker and more experimental etc.

I mean I could listen to this all day but by the time the 90's rolled around it was too late.


@oneputtblunder
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors