Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Concerts you have attended

music

97 replies to this topic

#91 FlyingLaw1

FlyingLaw1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468870
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:43 PM

Some of of you have been to some pretty darn legit concerts... and LOTS of them!! I'm truly jealous!

I've been a jazz musician for most of my life at this point so I've seen more jazz bands/big bands/combos than I can count. A few notables are, Basie Big Band, Gordon Goodwins big phat band (they did the music for The Incredibles), and Maynard Ferguson. I was also at Maynard Ferguson's tribute concert... That was by far the best concert I've ever been to, the talent on that stage will never be matched as far as I'm concerned.

I've also seen countless local bands. I mean I've seen well over a hundred shows at this point.

As far as mainstream acts... My first concert was Blue Oyster Cult/REO Speedwagon when I was a kid. I saw Jimmie Vaughn when I was in Austin last summer.

Also been to a few symphony concerts in various cities in the US and Europe.

GO DAWGS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#92 2ball

2ball

LEFTY

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostKaysquare, on 13 April 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times):  Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.
I remember Mel Torme, he did a guest appearance on the TV show Night Court.

#93 Steele47

Steele47

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248371
GolfWRX Likes : 272

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

View Post2ball, on 20 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times):  Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.

You beat me to it!  lol..  I remember they always made references to Mel Torme since the lead character was apparently obsessed with Torme.

#94 Kaysquare

Kaysquare

Puppyluv

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76012
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1714

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostSteele47, on 20 April 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

You beat me to it!  lol..  I remember they always made references to Mel Torme since the lead character was apparently obsessed with Torme.
Mel Torme, also known as "The Velvet Fog"

#95 DrOldSchool

DrOldSchool

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381708
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:32 PM

View PostSteele47, on 20 April 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

The late Harry Anderson was a huge fan of his. Torme also had a great appearance on Seinfeld in "The Jimmy" episode.

#96 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

Who got the vibe, it's the Tribe yall

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 516

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:01 AM

How about a little slide in a different direction:

What are some concerts ya'll want to see coming up? What are some concerts you wish you could've seen?

Coming up I've got Dead & Co, Lynryd Skynrd, & DMB on tap. Toying with the idea of seeing Umphreys Mcgee at Red Rocks. Has anyone seen a concert there? I've heard it's worth it.

I'd love to see A Tribe Called Quest live but it's just not going to be the saw without Phife Dog.
Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

#97 B_of_H

B_of_H

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246729
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted Yesterday, 11:57 AM

View Postmoegolfer11, on 24 April 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

How about a little slide in a different direction:

What are some concerts ya'll want to see coming up? What are some concerts you wish you could've seen?

Coming up I've got Dead & Co, Lynryd Skynrd, & DMB on tap. Toying with the idea of seeing Umphreys Mcgee at Red Rocks. Has anyone seen a concert there? I've heard it's worth it.

I've seen the following at Red Rocks (Its an 8 hour drive): Widespread Panic 99-01, Ween, Tenacious D, Allman Bros, Phil Lesh and Friends, and Gov't Mule.  Great Venue.  

I just saw Jack White last night and thought it was fantastic.

#98 Argonne69

Argonne69

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
GolfWRX Likes : 18878

Posted Today, 09:01 AM

Biggest regret was not seeing Pink Floyd before Roger left the band. Also should have seen the Eagles before they split up in '80.

Also tagged with music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors