Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Concerts you have attended

music

142 replies to this topic

#61 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 13174

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:59 PM

View PostDrOldSchool, on 13 March 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Spent way too much $$ on concerts in my life, though I never went to any festival shows...  I'll try to organize them... some were on the same set but I'll just list them.

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:
Iron Maiden/Motorhead/Dio (was 2003 and still the best concert I've ever been to)
Guns N Roses
Tesla
Dokken
Poison (also saw Samantha 7)
Megadeth
Motley Crue
Jackal
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Kix
Cinderella
Metal Church
Warrant

Classic Rock:
The Who
Chicago - seen them at least 6 times, best was with Earth, Wind, & Fire
Styx & Dennis Deyoung separately but never together
Journey with both lead singers after Steve Perry
Bob Seger
KISS
Aerosmith
Kansas
Queen w/Adam Lambert
Violent Femmes
Billy Joel
Black Crowes
Doobie Brothers
Jackson Browne
The Moody Blues
Meat Loaf
Cindy Lauper
John Fogerty
John Mellencamp
Elvis Costello
Frankie Valli
Eddie Money
Jimmy Buffett (3 times: tailgate > concert every time)
Average White Band
Little River Band
Nazareth
REO Speedwagon
Cheap Trick
Survivor
Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:
Kid Rock
Charlie Daniels Band
The Outlaws (most surprising concert I've attended, they were awesome)
Blackfoot
Molly Hatchet
38 Special
Lynyrd Skynard (the recent incarnation)
Restless Heart
Oak Ridge Boys
Statler Brothers

90s/00s:
Barenaked Ladies (at least 6-7 times)
Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)
Live
Dave Matthews
Tonic
Oleander
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Bloodhound Gang
Nerf Herder
Better Than Ezra
Foo Fighters
Goo Goo Dolls
Sister Hazel
SR-71
Train
3rd Eye Blind
O.A.R.
Our Lady Peace
Vertical Horizon
Harvey Danger (The nut low of all concerts ever)

Any commentary on any of these shows?

The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 DrOldSchool

DrOldSchool

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381708
  • Joined: 06/21/2015
  • Location:Noblesville, IN
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:18 AM

View Postthug the bunny, on 13 March 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:


Any commentary on any of these shows?

The Who I saw last summer at Ceasars in LV. I was in awe of Pete Townshend the entire show. Daltrey was fine, but at his age he simply whaled in ways that just blew me away

I can distinctly remember the Maiden/Motorhead/Dio show like it was yesterday, and it was 15 years ago. Merriweather Post Pavilion outside of Baltimore (though Bruce Dickenson kept calling it DC) and lawn tickets were $9.80. I can remember Lemmy and Ronnie James Dio on stage, and the stage sets from Maiden. All of them rocked.

There were 2 arrests at the 3 Doors Down, Oleander, and Fuel concert at the University of Delaware in 2001, and they were out of my group. Should of been 3 but I talked the cops out of arresting the guy who would later be my best man when I got married.

I saw The Outlaws at a Harley dealer south of Knoxville, TN. 3 of their original members are long passed, but they put on an amazing Southern rock show. Read that as long, awesome guitar solos. Green Grass and High Tides was over 20 minutes.

Saw Meat Loaf and Cindi Lauper at the Mandalay in 2003. Cindi played for almost 2 hours, then a break, and then Meat Loaf was 3:30 into his set and still going when I had to leave because my flight was early the next day. It was well after midnight, and he was still going, and telling stories between each song. It was great. He maybe played 15-17 songs in that time, but it is Meat Loaf and many of his songs are 10 minutes anyway.

Pearl Jam at Wrigley was awesome to see a show. The crowd and fanboys around me irritated the hell out of me though.

Jackson Browne was solo acoustic and took requests the whole show. Was in the 4th row at the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville. Very unique, fun show

Never thought I'd see GnR but jumped on tickets in Cincinnati in 2016. The opener sucked out loud, but Axl and the boys put on an awesome show.

There were maybe 50 people in the crowd when I saw Samantha 7 in Philly and CC Deville came down and shook hands with everyone. Same with Dokken at the old Thunderdome in Baltimore - Don Dokken drank with everyone. Warrant in Orlando at the House of Blues around 2001: Jani Lane was high, got higher in the middle, and forgot to come back out on stage for a while. Then invited everyone to come smoke with him after.

Worst shows:
Harvey Danger... I was in college when Flagpole Sitta charted. He came through Philly. He was drunk/high/whatever and was falling over stupid. It sucked.
Van Halen in Greensboro in 2004... it was the opening show of one of their reunion tours and they weren't ready


Bucket List (will likely never reform/tour): AC/DC, Triumph, Dire Straits

2

#63 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 13174

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:29 AM

View PostDrOldSchool, on 14 March 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

View Postthug the bunny, on 13 March 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

Any commentary on any of these shows?

The Who I saw last summer at Ceasars in LV. I was in awe of Pete Townshend the entire show. Daltrey was fine, but at his age he simply whaled in ways that just blew me away

I can distinctly remember the Maiden/Motorhead/Dio show like it was yesterday, and it was 15 years ago. Merriweather Post Pavilion outside of Baltimore (though Bruce Dickenson kept calling it DC) and lawn tickets were $9.80. I can remember Lemmy and Ronnie James Dio on stage, and the stage sets from Maiden. All of them rocked.

There were 2 arrests at the 3 Doors Down, Oleander, and Fuel concert at the University of Delaware in 2001, and they were out of my group. Should of been 3 but I talked the cops out of arresting the guy who would later be my best man when I got married.

I saw The Outlaws at a Harley dealer south of Knoxville, TN. 3 of their original members are long passed, but they put on an amazing Southern rock show. Read that as long, awesome guitar solos. Green Grass and High Tides was over 20 minutes.

Saw Meat Loaf and Cindi Lauper at the Mandalay in 2003. Cindi played for almost 2 hours, then a break, and then Meat Loaf was 3:30 into his set and still going when I had to leave because my flight was early the next day. It was well after midnight, and he was still going, and telling stories between each song. It was great. He maybe played 15-17 songs in that time, but it is Meat Loaf and many of his songs are 10 minutes anyway.

Pearl Jam at Wrigley was awesome to see a show. The crowd and fanboys around me irritated the hell out of me though.

Jackson Browne was solo acoustic and took requests the whole show. Was in the 4th row at the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville. Very unique, fun show

Never thought I'd see GnR but jumped on tickets in Cincinnati in 2016. The opener sucked out loud, but Axl and the boys put on an awesome show.

There were maybe 50 people in the crowd when I saw Samantha 7 in Philly and CC Deville came down and shook hands with everyone. Same with Dokken at the old Thunderdome in Baltimore - Don Dokken drank with everyone. Warrant in Orlando at the House of Blues around 2001: Jani Lane was high, got higher in the middle, and forgot to come back out on stage for a while. Then invited everyone to come smoke with him after.

Worst shows:
Harvey Danger... I was in college when Flagpole Sitta charted. He came through Philly. He was drunk/high/whatever and was falling over stupid. It sucked.
Van Halen in Greensboro in 2004... it was the opening show of one of their reunion tours and they weren't ready


Bucket List (will likely never reform/tour): AC/DC, Triumph, Dire Straits

That's more like it! I could tell from your list you must have some cool stories, felt like I was there. Thanks from an old concert junkie.

Outlaws! Forgot I saw them (there are many I forgot) somewhere, I forgot where. Green grass and high tides was an incredible song. Used to love playing it with a band, you could go 20 min jamming on that one, switching leads on and on...
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

3

#64 Jackal

Jackal

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275745
  • Joined: 09/12/2013
  • Location:ark
GolfWRX Likes : 117

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:23 AM

Merle Haggard
Ted Nugent x2
Restless Heart
Fleetwood Mac
Hank Williams Jr x2
David Allen Coe (Wild show)
Jerry Lee Lewis
Joan Jett
Molly Hatchet
Beach Boys & 3 Dog Night
Leon Russell
Nightranger
REO Speedwagon
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Fabulous Thunderbirds

Added:
Cheap Trick
Vince Gill
Reba McEntire
Suzy Bogguss
Don Williams
Lee Greenwood
Gene Watson
Statler Brothers
Waylon & Willie ( mid 1970s)

Edited by Jackal, 19 March 2018 - 08:42 PM.


4

#65 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago; Now - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostJose c., on 09 March 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

Crazy how ticket prices have escalated.
Done woth most shows will only attrnd local
Shows at a cool small venue in A2 called the ark.

Agree some of these ticket prices are out of hand, my wife expressed interest in Poison with Cheap Trick and some band i never heard of. Ttey want over $100 for a decent seat. they want over $200 for first 50 rows. They know they are a washed up pop metal hair band right????


5

#66 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago; Now - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

View PostDrOldSchool, on 13 March 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Spent way too much $$ on concerts in my life, though I never went to any festival shows...  I'll try to organize them... some were on the same set but I'll just list them.

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:
Iron Maiden/Motorhead/Dio (was 2003 and still the best concert I've ever been to)
Guns N Roses
Tesla
Dokken
Poison (also saw Samantha 7)
Megadeth
Motley Crue
Jackal
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Kix
Cinderella
Metal Church
Warrant

Classic Rock:
The Who
Chicago - seen them at least 6 times, best was with Earth, Wind, & Fire
Styx & Dennis Deyoung separately but never together
Journey with both lead singers after Steve Perry
Bob Seger
KISS
Aerosmith
Kansas
Queen w/Adam Lambert
Violent Femmes
Billy Joel
Black Crowes
Doobie Brothers
Jackson Browne
The Moody Blues
Meat Loaf
Cindy Lauper
John Fogerty
John Mellencamp
Elvis Costello
Frankie Valli
Eddie Money
Jimmy Buffett (3 times: tailgate > concert every time)
Average White Band
Little River Band
Nazareth
REO Speedwagon
Cheap Trick
Survivor
Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:
Kid Rock
Charlie Daniels Band
The Outlaws (most surprising concert I've attended, they were awesome)
Blackfoot
Molly Hatchet
38 Special
Lynyrd Skynard (the recent incarnation)
Restless Heart
Oak Ridge Boys
Statler Brothers

90s/00s:
Barenaked Ladies (at least 6-7 times)
Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)
Live
Dave Matthews
Tonic
Oleander
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Bloodhound Gang
Nerf Herder
Better Than Ezra
Foo Fighters
Goo Goo Dolls
Sister Hazel
SR-71
Train
3rd Eye Blind
O.A.R.
Our Lady Peace
Vertical Horizon
Harvey Danger (The nut low of all concerts ever)

Cindy Lauper... speed bump

6

#67 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago; Now - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

View PostDrOldSchool, on 14 March 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

View Postthug the bunny, on 13 March 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

Any commentary on any of these shows?

The Who I saw last summer at Ceasars in LV. I was in awe of Pete Townshend the entire show. Daltrey was fine, but at his age he simply whaled in ways that just blew me away

I can distinctly remember the Maiden/Motorhead/Dio show like it was yesterday, and it was 15 years ago. Merriweather Post Pavilion outside of Baltimore (though Bruce Dickenson kept calling it DC) and lawn tickets were $9.80. I can remember Lemmy and Ronnie James Dio on stage, and the stage sets from Maiden. All of them rocked.

There were 2 arrests at the 3 Doors Down, Oleander, and Fuel concert at the University of Delaware in 2001, and they were out of my group. Should of been 3 but I talked the cops out of arresting the guy who would later be my best man when I got married.

I saw The Outlaws at a Harley dealer south of Knoxville, TN. 3 of their original members are long passed, but they put on an amazing Southern rock show. Read that as long, awesome guitar solos. Green Grass and High Tides was over 20 minutes.

Saw Meat Loaf and Cindi Lauper at the Mandalay in 2003. Cindi played for almost 2 hours, then a break, and then Meat Loaf was 3:30 into his set and still going when I had to leave because my flight was early the next day. It was well after midnight, and he was still going, and telling stories between each song. It was great. He maybe played 15-17 songs in that time, but it is Meat Loaf and many of his songs are 10 minutes anyway.

Pearl Jam at Wrigley was awesome to see a show. The crowd and fanboys around me irritated the hell out of me though.

Jackson Browne was solo acoustic and took requests the whole show. Was in the 4th row at the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville. Very unique, fun show

Never thought I'd see GnR but jumped on tickets in Cincinnati in 2016. The opener sucked out loud, but Axl and the boys put on an awesome show.

There were maybe 50 people in the crowd when I saw Samantha 7 in Philly and CC Deville came down and shook hands with everyone. Same with Dokken at the old Thunderdome in Baltimore - Don Dokken drank with everyone. Warrant in Orlando at the House of Blues around 2001: Jani Lane was high, got higher in the middle, and forgot to come back out on stage for a while. Then invited everyone to come smoke with him after.

Worst shows:
Harvey Danger... I was in college when Flagpole Sitta charted. He came through Philly. He was drunk/high/whatever and was falling over stupid. It sucked.
Van Halen in Greensboro in 2004... it was the opening show of one of their reunion tours and they weren't ready


Bucket List (will likely never reform/tour): AC/DC, Triumph, Dire Straits

ive seen van hagar twice and they sucked both times....

7

#68 DeNinny

DeNinny

    Major Wiener

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21391
  • Joined: 11/05/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 18632

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

LMAO Van Hagar.
TEE CB4 10* Driver, Fujikura Speeder 652 R-flex
TEE CB2 13* 3w, 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 18* 5w, 21* 7w, 65g Fujikura Motore F1 R-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, Iomic Absolute X

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

8

#69 mark m

mark m

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44392
  • Joined: 12/23/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 910

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:42 PM

Some of these multiple times:
Kiss or Foghat was the first one I went to in about 1977, then Springsteen, U2, Rolling Stones, The Who, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty,  John Mellencamp, Sheryl Crow, Matchbox 20, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Ringo and his Allstar Band, Johnny Cash, 38 Special, Replacements, Paul Westerberg (solo show), Semisonic, Tonic, Train, Chris Isaac, Brian Ferry, Little River Band, The Blasters, George Thorogood, Stray Cats, Lucinda Williams, Lyle Lovette, Big Head Todd, Crowded House, Joan Jett, Smashing Pumpkins, Pat Benatar, Ziggy Marley, Black Crows, Los Lobos, Ted Nugent, Billy Squire, Blues Traveler, Kansas, Robert Cray, Jonny Lang and the Big Bang and numerous other good local Minneapolis based bands like Lamont Cranston, Jayhawks, The Suburbs, Bob Mould/Sugar, Gear Daddies, New Standards, etc.

I know I’m missing some, but this is close enough. I have friends that could times my list by 5 or 10.

It’s kind of strange, but I never saw:
AC/DC, Bob Seger, Van Halen, The Police/Sting, and Prince. Especially Prince as he was local and I was a “member” at First Ave. But he wasn’t really my thing and so I passed numerous times. I should have gone in the old days before he morphed into a symbol. He was super talented.

Can you say LOUD?! – Doc Severinsen! I am not kidding. He blasted us big time. I saw him in Vegas in the early 1980’s. He was the trumpet player and leader of The Tonight Show Band for Johnny Carson. My dad set this up for me and a friend who was a ski bum out in Park City for a winter. We went down to Vegas and then Scottsdale for spring break. Los Lobos at First Ave was crazy loud as well.

Funny: George Thorogood. He was drinking during the show and was pretty hammered by the end. They wanted him to stop. He said, “they are telling me I have to stop playing! F’em. I’m playing all night!” (Crowd goes nuts). He plays one more song and quits! LMAO

Billy Squire at the Orpheum: He calls out on stage about 40 dancers with skimpy dresses from Sheiks Nightclub for “The Stroke.” This was back when the dancers were very attractive. The band must have dropped some big bucks in there.

Edited by mark m, 17 March 2018 - 04:43 PM.

Fit at Totally Driven:
Titleist 910D3 8.5 Oban Devotion 05Flex 75g
TM Aeroburner TP 3W - X Flex
TM R15 TP #3 - Fuji X Flex
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW - KBS C-Taper X
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 50/10
Cleveland RTX-3 56/11
Vokey SM6 60/08
Newport 2.5

9

#70 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago; Now - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:04 AM

View Postthug the bunny, on 13 March 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

View PostDrOldSchool, on 13 March 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Spent way too much $$ on concerts in my life, though I never went to any festival shows...  I'll try to organize them... some were on the same set but I'll just list them.

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:
Iron Maiden/Motorhead/Dio (was 2003 and still the best concert I've ever been to)
Guns N Roses
Tesla
Dokken
Poison (also saw Samantha 7)
Megadeth
Motley Crue
Jackal
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Kix
Cinderella
Metal Church
Warrant

Classic Rock:
The Who
Chicago - seen them at least 6 times, best was with Earth, Wind, & Fire
Styx & Dennis Deyoung separately but never together
Journey with both lead singers after Steve Perry
Bob Seger
KISS
Aerosmith
Kansas
Queen w/Adam Lambert
Violent Femmes
Billy Joel
Black Crowes
Doobie Brothers
Jackson Browne
The Moody Blues
Meat Loaf
Cindy Lauper
John Fogerty
John Mellencamp
Elvis Costello
Frankie Valli
Eddie Money
Jimmy Buffett (3 times: tailgate > concert every time)
Average White Band
Little River Band
Nazareth
REO Speedwagon
Cheap Trick
Survivor
Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:
Kid Rock
Charlie Daniels Band
The Outlaws (most surprising concert I've attended, they were awesome)
Blackfoot
Molly Hatchet
38 Special
Lynyrd Skynard (the recent incarnation)
Restless Heart
Oak Ridge Boys
Statler Brothers

90s/00s:
Barenaked Ladies (at least 6-7 times)
Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)
Live
Dave Matthews
Tonic
Oleander
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Bloodhound Gang
Nerf Herder
Better Than Ezra
Foo Fighters
Goo Goo Dolls
Sister Hazel
SR-71
Train
3rd Eye Blind
O.A.R.
Our Lady Peace
Vertical Horizon
Harvey Danger (The nut low of all concerts ever)

Any commentary on any of these shows?

I think you covered every genre of music. What a list, damn. The Outlaws' "Green grass and high tides" is one of my favorite songs


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago; Now - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

View Postmark m, on 17 March 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

Some of these multiple times:
Kiss or Foghat was the first one I went to in about 1977, then Springsteen, U2, Rolling Stones, The Who, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty,  John Mellencamp, Sheryl Crow, Matchbox 20, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Ringo and his Allstar Band, Johnny Cash, 38 Special, Replacements, Paul Westerberg (solo show), Semisonic, Tonic, Train, Chris Isaac, Brian Ferry, Little River Band, The Blasters, George Thorogood, Stray Cats, Lucinda Williams, Lyle Lovette, Big Head Todd, Crowded House, Joan Jett, Smashing Pumpkins, Pat Benatar, Ziggy Marley, Black Crows, Los Lobos, Ted Nugent, Billy Squire, Blues Traveler, Kansas, Robert Cray, Jonny Lang and the Big Bang and numerous other good local Minneapolis based bands like Lamont Cranston, Jayhawks, The Suburbs, Bob Mould/Sugar, Gear Daddies, New Standards, etc.

I know I’m missing some, but this is close enough. I have friends that could times my list by 5 or 10.

It’s kind of strange, but I never saw:
AC/DC, Bob Seger, Van Halen, The Police/Sting, and Prince. Especially Prince as he was local and I was a “member” at First Ave. But he wasn’t really my thing and so I passed numerous times. I should have gone in the old days before he morphed into a symbol. He was super talented.

Can you say LOUD?! – Doc Severinsen! I am not kidding. He blasted us big time. I saw him in Vegas in the early 1980’s. He was the trumpet player and leader of The Tonight Show Band for Johnny Carson. My dad set this up for me and a friend who was a ski bum out in Park City for a winter. We went down to Vegas and then Scottsdale for spring break. Los Lobos at First Ave was crazy loud as well.

Funny: George Thorogood. He was drinking during the show and was pretty hammered by the end. They wanted him to stop. He said, “they are telling me I have to stop playing! F’em. I’m playing all night!” (Crowd goes nuts). He plays one more song and quits! LMAO

Billy Squire at the Orpheum: He calls out on stage about 40 dancers with skimpy dresses from Sheiks Nightclub for “The Stroke.” This was back when the dancers were very attractive. The band must have dropped some big bucks in there.

Billy Squire, was this before or after that awful music video that ruined his career, Rock me tonight....?

11

#72 mark m

mark m

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44392
  • Joined: 12/23/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 910

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:01 PM

I looked it up. This show would have been in 1989/1990 following the release of “Here and Now” - I recall the song “Don’t Say You Love Me” was new and on that album.

In those days I worked for a beer distributor with a great friend and we went to numerous shows together. He was really into music. He had a huge album and CD library. We had the downtown area and knew many people at various venues. We had access to free tickets, discounts, and/or great seats and so on. We had a good time.
Fit at Totally Driven:
Titleist 910D3 8.5 Oban Devotion 05Flex 75g
TM Aeroburner TP 3W - X Flex
TM R15 TP #3 - Fuji X Flex
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW - KBS C-Taper X
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 50/10
Cleveland RTX-3 56/11
Vokey SM6 60/08
Newport 2.5

12

#73 C Bird

C Bird

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386928
  • Joined: 07/20/2015
  • Location:Phoenix
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:34 AM

Had a good time at Jimmy Buffet even though it was all pretty generic. Same with Journey/Def Leppard.

Slightly Stoopid is always a good time.
Incubus several times. Much better years ago.

Bon Iver was surprisingly great considering the sleepy nature of their music . Live show was much more like a rock concert.

Explosions in the Sky several times, always a good experience .

Then of course The Mars Volta in 2008. Left that show with a smile ear to ear.
Cobra LTD Pro KK TiNi proto 60x
Nike VR Ltd 3 KK TiNi proto 70x
Nike VR Ltd 5 MRC Diamana BB 70x
Cleveland 588cb 4-pw X-100
Nike VR Forged 52/56
Scratch 60
Nike Method Converge b1-01/Nike Method Origin b1-01/Scotty Cameron Oil Can NP2

13

#74 scruffynick

scruffynick

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 317681
  • Joined: 05/28/2014
  • Location:manchester, UK
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 680

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:30 AM

Guns n roses - fantastic for 15 year old back in 93!
Glastonbury - honestly, i was that drunk for 2 days i can only remember friday night... So prodigy and oasis were good
Oasis - cracking concert at nebworth
Madness - me and mrs loved this!
Stone Roses - Heaton park reunion gig, i think i enjoyed the buzz that they were back together more than the actual concert
Just remembered Coldplay at reebok stadium, its on the 'fix you' vid.

Best to last, the verve at Haigh Hall 97, just walked there..... I think all of wigan was there that night.

14

#75 Bob Cat

Bob Cat

    Golfopath

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64647
  • Joined: 08/31/2008
  • Location:East Central Indiana
  • Handicap:~9
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostDrOldSchool, on 13 March 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Spent way too much $$ on concerts in my life, though I never went to any festival shows...  I'll try to organize them... some were on the same set but I'll just list them.

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:
Iron Maiden/Motorhead/Dio (was 2003 and still the best concert I've ever been to)
Guns N Roses
Tesla
Dokken
Poison (also saw Samantha 7)
Megadeth
Motley Crue
Jackal
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Kix
Cinderella
Metal Church
Warrant

Classic Rock:
The Who
Chicago - seen them at least 6 times, best was with Earth, Wind, & Fire
Styx & Dennis Deyoung separately but never together
Journey with both lead singers after Steve Perry
Bob Seger
KISS
Aerosmith
Kansas
Queen w/Adam Lambert
Violent Femmes
Billy Joel
Black Crowes
Doobie Brothers
Jackson Browne
The Moody Blues
Meat Loaf
Cindy Lauper
John Fogerty
John Mellencamp
Elvis Costello
Frankie Valli
Eddie Money
Jimmy Buffett (3 times: tailgate > concert every time)
Average White Band
Little River Band
Nazareth
REO Speedwagon
Cheap Trick
Survivor
Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:
Kid Rock
Charlie Daniels Band
The Outlaws (most surprising concert I've attended, they were awesome)
Blackfoot
Molly Hatchet
38 Special
Lynyrd Skynard (the recent incarnation)
Restless Heart
Oak Ridge Boys
Statler Brothers

90s/00s:
Barenaked Ladies (at least 6-7 times)
Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)
Live
Dave Matthews
Tonic
Oleander
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Bloodhound Gang
Nerf Herder
Better Than Ezra
Foo Fighters
Goo Goo Dolls
Sister Hazel
SR-71
Train
3rd Eye Blind
O.A.R.
Our Lady Peace
Vertical Horizon
Harvey Danger (The nut low of all concerts ever)

Doc,
You're my hero.

Bobcat

Taylormade M1
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM5
TM Spider Tour Black
Top Flite Gamer Tour
Sun Mountain Four 5
Clicgear 3.5+

15

#76 Bob Cat

Bob Cat

    Golfopath

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64647
  • Joined: 08/31/2008
  • Location:East Central Indiana
  • Handicap:~9
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:23 AM

I was going to night classes at ITT (drafting) in Fort Wayne, IN in 1982 when a big flood hit the city.  We got out of class if we went downtown to help sandbag.  It was surreal.  My roommates and I would sandbag well into the night and invite folks around us back to the apartment afterwards to party.
One night, the city starts coming around asking you to sign wavers releasing them from liability if we get hurt.  Ronald Reagan's there and everything.
A few weeks go by and I get an envelope in the mail with a ticket to see John Cougar Mellencamp at the War Memorial Coliseum down the street from my apartment.  Included a sticker that said "I helped sandbag the flood of 82".  Pretty cool.  Saw him 3 times in two years up there.

Walked to a lot of concerts in those two years.  Good times.

Saw Vince Gill a few years ago up at a little venue in Wabash.  He's a crazy good musician/vocalist and the session players he brought with him were masters.  Lots of good stories.  Fun night.

Saw Van Halen in Fort Wayne right after Fair Warning came out.  My favorite album of theirs.  Made my way to the front.  Afterwards, I bought a concert tee and wore it to their next gig in Indy the following weekend.  Made my way to the front again and trashed the shirt leaning against the wooden black painted barricade.  Unchained.
Taylormade M1
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM5
TM Spider Tour Black
Top Flite Gamer Tour
Sun Mountain Four 5
Clicgear 3.5+

16

#77 toddnt

toddnt

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8488
  • Joined: 12/08/2005
  • Location:San Diego, Ca
GolfWRX Likes : 923

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

Smooth jazz last night... Rick Braun, Peter White and Richard Elliott.

17

#78 DeNinny

DeNinny

    Major Wiener

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21391
  • Joined: 11/05/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 18632

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

When I was 15 I was supposed to see Murphy's Law, Fishbone, and the Beastie Boys in St. Louis.  Instead on the way in with my buddies I had half my ticket ripped out of my hand by a thug and then lost him in the crowd.  My buddies had to take me back to where we were staying and I missed out.  Oh the irony of Murphy's Law.

Edited by DeNinny, 24 March 2018 - 01:48 PM.

TEE CB4 10* Driver, Fujikura Speeder 652 R-flex
TEE CB2 13* 3w, 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 18* 5w, 21* 7w, 65g Fujikura Motore F1 R-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, Iomic Absolute X

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

18

#79 DrOldSchool

DrOldSchool

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381708
  • Joined: 06/21/2015
  • Location:Noblesville, IN
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

Excited to see The Cult is touring this year. Always wanted to see them, and Fire Woman is my ringtone for my wife.

Not excited for the other 2 on the setlist (Bush, STP) but I guess I'll be adding 3 more to the list!

19

#80 bubbagump

bubbagump

    SLDR $5000 Challenge

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 1221

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

Great Shows:
J. Cole
Sam Hunt
Kane Brown
Armin Van Buren

Meh:
Chris Young
Kaskade
311

Edited by bubbagump, 02 April 2018 - 03:51 PM.

9.5* '17 Taylormade M1 with TS Speeder 7.2
12* SLDR Mini Driver  with TS Speeder 7.2
17* Mizuno JPX 900 Hybrid with TS Speeder 9.8
19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper Stiff
5-PW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper Stiff
52* and 60* Fourteen LE-10 with KBS Custom White Stiff
Bettinardi Queen Bee #7


WITB Link


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 UofU02

UofU02

    Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231449
  • Joined: 02/22/2013
  • Location:Flyover Country
GolfWRX Likes : 1174

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:32 PM

View PostC Bird, on 24 March 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

Had a good time at Jimmy Buffet even though it was all pretty generic. Same with Journey/Def Leppard.

Slightly Stoopid is always a good time.
Incubus several times. Much better years ago.

Bon Iver was surprisingly great considering the sleepy nature of their music . Live show was much more like a rock concert.

Explosions in the Sky several times, always a good experience .

Then of course The Mars Volta in 2008. Left that show with a smile ear to ear.

I saw Incubus in the union hall of my undergrad school.  I think it was right around the time SCIENCE came out.  Cool concert to see in such a small venue.

Now that I think about it, I saw Kottonmouth Kings, Primer 55, Bionic Jive and a few others at the student union.  Those were some fun shows because of the venue.  KMK actually drank some beers and shared some other extracurriculars with a few people from the crowd who helped clean up after the show, lol.
Callaway Rogue 9.0*
Taylormade M2 16.5* fairway wood
Mizuno JPX 900 3 and 4 hybrids
Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
Scotty Cameron AOP Newport Custom
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54* and 58*

21

#82 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

    steal your face right off your head

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Joined: 02/13/2009
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 588

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

Saw Lettuce (funk) last weekend and they were stupendous. DJ HI Tek of 90s hip hop fame was there as well. I highly recommend checking them out if you get the chance. Band consists of the former Average White Band Drummer (also a producer for 50 cent, Talib Kweli,& Redman), Bassist Erik Coomes, who used to play bass for Wu Tang Clan, Snoop Dog, & Kanye West. It also consists of a Pianist/organist, Guitarist,  Trumpeter Eric Bloom (has also played alongside some hip hop greats), and Sax player Ryan Zoidis.

https://youtu.be/on3sYZYqeSo - check em out!
Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Jet Black SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

22

#83 cliche

cliche

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138469
  • Joined: 09/05/2011
  • Location:Planet Earth
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

View Post2ball, on 23 March 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

View Postthug the bunny, on 13 March 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

View PostDrOldSchool, on 13 March 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Spent way too much $$ on concerts in my life, though I never went to any festival shows...  I'll try to organize them... some were on the same set but I'll just list them.

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:
Iron Maiden/Motorhead/Dio (was 2003 and still the best concert I've ever been to)
Guns N Roses
Tesla
Dokken
Poison (also saw Samantha 7)
Megadeth
Motley Crue
Jackal
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Kix
Cinderella
Metal Church
Warrant

Classic Rock:
The Who
Chicago - seen them at least 6 times, best was with Earth, Wind, & Fire
Styx & Dennis Deyoung separately but never together
Journey with both lead singers after Steve Perry
Bob Seger
KISS
Aerosmith
Kansas
Queen w/Adam Lambert
Violent Femmes
Billy Joel
Black Crowes
Doobie Brothers
Jackson Browne
The Moody Blues
Meat Loaf
Cindy Lauper
John Fogerty
John Mellencamp
Elvis Costello
Frankie Valli
Eddie Money
Jimmy Buffett (3 times: tailgate > concert every time)
Average White Band
Little River Band
Nazareth
REO Speedwagon
Cheap Trick
Survivor
Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:
Kid Rock
Charlie Daniels Band
The Outlaws (most surprising concert I've attended, they were awesome)
Blackfoot
Molly Hatchet
38 Special
Lynyrd Skynard (the recent incarnation)
Restless Heart
Oak Ridge Boys
Statler Brothers

90s/00s:
Barenaked Ladies (at least 6-7 times)
Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)
Live
Dave Matthews
Tonic
Oleander
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Bloodhound Gang
Nerf Herder
Better Than Ezra
Foo Fighters
Goo Goo Dolls
Sister Hazel
SR-71
Train
3rd Eye Blind
O.A.R.
Our Lady Peace
Vertical Horizon
Harvey Danger (The nut low of all concerts ever)

Any commentary on any of these shows?

I think you covered every genre of music. What a list, damn. The Outlaws' "Green grass and high tides" is one of my favorite songs
every genre???
i don't see no "black" music. you ain't got no soul

23

#84 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 13174

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:04 AM

View Postcliche, on 03 April 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

View Post2ball, on 23 March 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

View Postthug the bunny, on 13 March 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

View PostDrOldSchool, on 13 March 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Spent way too much $$ on concerts in my life, though I never went to any festival shows...  I'll try to organize them... some were on the same set but I'll just list them.

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:
Iron Maiden/Motorhead/Dio (was 2003 and still the best concert I've ever been to)
Guns N Roses
Tesla
Dokken
Poison (also saw Samantha 7)
Megadeth
Motley Crue
Jackal
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Kix
Cinderella
Metal Church
Warrant

Classic Rock:
The Who
Chicago - seen them at least 6 times, best was with Earth, Wind, & Fire
Styx & Dennis Deyoung separately but never together
Journey with both lead singers after Steve Perry
Bob Seger
KISS
Aerosmith
Kansas
Queen w/Adam Lambert
Violent Femmes
Billy Joel
Black Crowes
Doobie Brothers
Jackson Browne
The Moody Blues
Meat Loaf
Cindy Lauper
John Fogerty
John Mellencamp
Elvis Costello
Frankie Valli
Eddie Money
Jimmy Buffett (3 times: tailgate > concert every time)
Average White Band
Little River Band
Nazareth
REO Speedwagon
Cheap Trick
Survivor
Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:
Kid Rock
Charlie Daniels Band
The Outlaws (most surprising concert I've attended, they were awesome)
Blackfoot
Molly Hatchet
38 Special
Lynyrd Skynard (the recent incarnation)
Restless Heart
Oak Ridge Boys
Statler Brothers

90s/00s:
Barenaked Ladies (at least 6-7 times)
Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)
Live
Dave Matthews
Tonic
Oleander
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Bloodhound Gang
Nerf Herder
Better Than Ezra
Foo Fighters
Goo Goo Dolls
Sister Hazel
SR-71
Train
3rd Eye Blind
O.A.R.
Our Lady Peace
Vertical Horizon
Harvey Danger (The nut low of all concerts ever)

Any commentary on any of these shows?

I think you covered every genre of music. What a list, damn. The Outlaws' "Green grass and high tides" is one of my favorite songs
every genre???
i don't see no "black" music. you ain't got no soul

Earth Wind and Fire is on the list...
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

24

#85 cliche

cliche

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138469
  • Joined: 09/05/2011
  • Location:Planet Earth
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:31 AM

View Postthug the bunny, on 03 April 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

View Postcliche, on 03 April 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

View Post2ball, on 23 March 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

View Postthug the bunny, on 13 March 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

View PostDrOldSchool, on 13 March 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Spent way too much $$ on concerts in my life, though I never went to any festival shows...  I'll try to organize them... some were on the same set but I'll just list them.

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:
Iron Maiden/Motorhead/Dio (was 2003 and still the best concert I've ever been to)
Guns N Roses
Tesla
Dokken
Poison (also saw Samantha 7)
Megadeth
Motley Crue
Jackal
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Kix
Cinderella
Metal Church
Warrant

Classic Rock:
The Who
Chicago - seen them at least 6 times, best was with Earth, Wind, & Fire
Styx & Dennis Deyoung separately but never together
Journey with both lead singers after Steve Perry
Bob Seger
KISS
Aerosmith
Kansas
Queen w/Adam Lambert
Violent Femmes
Billy Joel
Black Crowes
Doobie Brothers
Jackson Browne
The Moody Blues
Meat Loaf
Cindy Lauper
John Fogerty
John Mellencamp
Elvis Costello
Frankie Valli
Eddie Money
Jimmy Buffett (3 times: tailgate > concert every time)
Average White Band
Little River Band
Nazareth
REO Speedwagon
Cheap Trick
Survivor
Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:
Kid Rock
Charlie Daniels Band
The Outlaws (most surprising concert I've attended, they were awesome)
Blackfoot
Molly Hatchet
38 Special
Lynyrd Skynard (the recent incarnation)
Restless Heart
Oak Ridge Boys
Statler Brothers

90s/00s:
Barenaked Ladies (at least 6-7 times)
Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)
Live
Dave Matthews
Tonic
Oleander
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Bloodhound Gang
Nerf Herder
Better Than Ezra
Foo Fighters
Goo Goo Dolls
Sister Hazel
SR-71
Train
3rd Eye Blind
O.A.R.
Our Lady Peace
Vertical Horizon
Harvey Danger (The nut low of all concerts ever)

Any commentary on any of these shows?

I think you covered every genre of music. What a list, damn. The Outlaws' "Green grass and high tides" is one of my favorite songs
every genre???
i don't see no "black" music. you ain't got no soul

Earth Wind and Fire is on the list...
sorry. my bad ;)


25

#86 ChronicSlicer

ChronicSlicer

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444562
  • Joined: 10/23/2016
  • Location:WPA
GolfWRX Likes : 355

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

Aerosmith/Collective Soul
Garteful Dead with Jerry/Rusted Root
Steve Miller/Pat Benetar

Ozzfest 98-  Tool,Soulfly Coal Chamber, Limp Bizkit, Megadeth,Incubus,System of a Down, Life of Agony, Motorhead, Sevendust, Kilgore, Melvins

Black Sabbath/Pantera

Ozzfest 99- Slayer, Deftones,Static-X,Slipknot,Godmack,Fear Factory,Drain S.T.H,Rob Zombie,System of a Down,Flashpoint,Puya,Primus

Roger Waters
Creed/Sevendust,UPO

Ozzfest 2000-  Pantera,Godsmack,Static-X,Incubus,Methods of Mayhem,Queens of the stone age,Pumpjack,Crazytown,Pitchshifter,Taproot,Primer 55,Shuvel,Kittie,Disturbed,Ministry,The Deadlights,Slaves on Dope,Soulfly

Korn/Papa Roach/Powerman 5000
Pantera/Soulfly/Morbid Angel/Nothingface
A perfect Circle/Snake River Conspiracy
Lynyrd Skynyrd/Deep Purple/Ted Nugent
Poison/Warrant/Quiet Riot/Enuff Znuff

Ozzfest 2001-  Black Sabbath,Marilyn Manson,Slipknot,Papa Roach,Linkin Park,Crazytown,Black Label Society,Disturbed,Mudvayne,Taproot,Union Underground,Hatebreed,Godhead,Non-Point,Drowning Pool,Spineshank,Otep,Pure Rubbish,American Head Charge,Beatiful Creatures, No One,Systematic,Pressure4-5

Godsmack/Deftones/Puddle of Mud,Darwins Waiting Room,From Zero
Tool/Meshuggah
Tool/Phantomas

Ozzfest 2002- Ozzy,System of a Down,Rob Zombie,P.O.D,Drowning Pool,Adema,Black Label Society,DOWN, Hatebreed,Messugah,Apex Theory,Pulse Ultra,Neurotica,Chevelle,ILL Nino,Flaw 3rd Strike,Otep,Andrew W.K,Mushroomhead,Soil,The Used,Swithced

Pearl Jam

X-Fest 2003- Godsmack,Staind,Evanescence,The Donnas,Seether,Taproot,Trapt,Eve 6,The Used,Juliana Theory,Punchline,Breaking Benjamin,12 Stones,Smile Empty Soul

Iron Maiden/DIO/Motorhead
Kid Rock/Hemigod
Rush
Metallica/Godsmack

Ozzfest 2005- Black Sabbath,Iron Maiden,Mudvayne,Shadows Fall, Black Label Society,In Flames,Rob Zombie,As I Lay Dying,Mastodon,Bury your Dead,It Dies Today,Soilwork,Trivium,Black Dahlia Murder,Arch Enemy,The Haunted

Tool/Isis
Dropkick Murphy`s/Time Again
CrueFest 09- Motley Crue,Godsmack,Charm City Devils, Drowning Pool
Guns N Roses/Wolfmother

Sorry I may have missed a few...

26

#87 Bob Cat

Bob Cat

    Golfopath

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64647
  • Joined: 08/31/2008
  • Location:East Central Indiana
  • Handicap:~9
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

Slicer, I REALLY regret not seeing Rush, live,
What did I miss?
Taylormade M1
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM5
TM Spider Tour Black
Top Flite Gamer Tour
Sun Mountain Four 5
Clicgear 3.5+

27

#88 Kaysquare

Kaysquare

    Puppyluv

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76012
  • Joined: 02/24/2009
  • Location:New Mexico
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1737

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:51 PM

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times):  Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.

28

#89 mark m

mark m

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44392
  • Joined: 12/23/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 910

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

View PostKaysquare, on 13 April 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times):  Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.

I do! I actually have CD's by Brubeck (Time Out), Chicago, and also Miles Davis (Kind of Blue). Ramsey Lewis "The In Crowd" - good stuff!

My Dad had multiple albums of Getz, Ella, Frank, The Duke, etc. I have his old records and play them once in awhile. I was lucky. When I was a kid he would take me to a customer's Jazz club for a quick visit. The Dave Rooney Trio played there. He was a piano player, plus bass and drums. My favorite was Pop-1. It on this album:

https://www.amazon.c...ASIN=B00QHDVKQM

Have a good weekend
Fit at Totally Driven:
Titleist 910D3 8.5 Oban Devotion 05Flex 75g
TM Aeroburner TP 3W - X Flex
TM R15 TP #3 - Fuji X Flex
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW - KBS C-Taper X
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 50/10
Cleveland RTX-3 56/11
Vokey SM6 60/08
Newport 2.5

29

#90 Kaysquare

Kaysquare

    Puppyluv

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76012
  • Joined: 02/24/2009
  • Location:New Mexico
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1737

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:49 AM

View Postmark m, on 13 April 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostKaysquare, on 13 April 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times):  Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.

I do! I actually have CD's by Brubeck (Time Out), Chicago, and also Miles Davis (Kind of Blue). Ramsey Lewis "The In Crowd" - good stuff!

My Dad had multiple albums of Getz, Ella, Frank, The Duke, etc. I have his old records and play them once in awhile. I was lucky. When I was a kid he would take me to a customer's Jazz club for a quick visit. The Dave Rooney Trio played there. He was a piano player, plus bass and drums. My favorite was Pop-1. It on this album:

https://www.amazon.c...ASIN=B00QHDVKQM

Have a good weekend
  I am a rock fan for sure, but my parents were big dancers & music was always playing in our house when I was a kid.  They had all the big band stuff.  My husband is a huge jazz fan, so he introduced me to that, & I love it too.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors