Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Concerts you have attended

music

126 replies to this topic

#121 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

We are spirits in a material world

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12652

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:02 PM

View PostOne_Putt_Blunder, on 14 May 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

View Postthug the bunny, on 13 March 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:

Wait, the Dead were not the best musically? I know that sometimes when they go off on their space jams it can be a little here or there, but that is the nature of improvisation, and overall they were some of the best musicians in their era. Percussion - Hart and Kreutzman, amazing (sure, not Neil Pert or Steve Gadd, but then who is). Bass - Phil Lesh, don't even argue. Guitars - Wier and Garcia, ummm yeah, say no more.

Meant to reply to this a while ago, got busy at work forgot about it until I was watching some stuff on the Dead over the weekend.

I agree they were some of the best musicians, however by the time I saw them in the 93-94 range Jerry was really far gone on the Heroin. Bret Mydland was already dead. They just were not the same as watching some of their earlier stuff from the 70's and early 80's. That is what I meant. Set list and solos seemed to turn darker and more experimental etc.

I mean I could listen to this all day but by the time the 90's rolled around it was too late.

I agree on that. I saw the Dead in the late 70s early 80s and they were amazing. I was just learning guitar at that time, and I used to be in awe of their guitar work. They inspired a lot of the way I play and improvise.

The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#122 Nick6771

Nick6771

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 229239
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:40 AM

As a proud born and bred Brummie I had the pleasure of attending Black Sabbaths last ever gig at the NEC, Birmingham (Feb 17). Ozzie may not have the power in his voice anymore but he still owns the stage. Geezer used his bass in the colours of Aston Villa for Paranoid, at least half the crowd was happy with that.

I saw Kraftwerk last year at the Symphony Hall Birmingham. We all had 3D glasses to watch the projections behind them, absolutely amazing.

Arcade Fire's tour this year was also brilliant. The hairs are standing up on my neck just thinking about Wake Up and Sprawl II.

Coming up - Pixies at the Roundhouse in London. They are doing Surfer Rosa / Come on Pilgrim in its entirety.
"Carol Vorderman..... I was watching her the other day .....and I got aroused...............7 letters ... not bad for someone who left school at 15"

Gotta love Peter Alliss!

#123 cardia10

cardia10

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11435
GolfWRX Likes : 368

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

Only 1 ever, Ronnie Milsap.

#124 2ball

2ball

LEFTY

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:16 PM

View Postmoegolfer11, on 24 April 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

How about a little slide in a different direction:

What are some concerts ya'll want to see coming up? What are some concerts you wish you could've seen?

Coming up I've got Dead & Co, Lynryd Skynrd, & DMB on tap. Toying with the idea of seeing Umphreys Mcgee at Red Rocks. Has anyone seen a concert there? I've heard it's worth it.

I'd love to see A Tribe Called Quest live but it's just not going to be the saw without Phife Dog.

i want to see cheap trick but they come with poison attached ....

#125 Bob Cat

Bob Cat

Golfopath

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64647
  • Handicap:~9
GolfWRX Likes : 286

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:27 PM

View Post2ball, on 17 May 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

What are some concerts ya'll want to see coming up? What are some concerts you wish you could've seen?

Coming up I've got Dead & Co, Lynryd Skynrd, & DMB on tap. Toying with the idea of seeing Umphreys Mcgee at Red Rocks. Has anyone seen a concert there? I've heard it's worth it.

I'd love to see A Tribe Called Quest live but it's just not going to be the saw without Phife Dog.

Big Cheap Trick fan here.  Poison would be a deal breaker for me too.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZkWQkq_AaXA

Taylormade M1
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM5
TM Spider Tour Black
Top Flite Gamer Tour
Sun Mountain Four 5
Clicgear 3.5+

#126 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

We are spirits in a material world

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12652

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

View PostBob Cat, on 19 May 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

View Post2ball, on 17 May 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

Big Cheap Trick fan here.  Poison would be a deal breaker for me too.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZkWQkq_AaXA

I watched Cheap Trick in concert on tv once and was really surprised at how good their guitarist is. Almost like their band was created around him.
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

#127 caniac6

caniac6

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222453
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1891

Posted Yesterday, 11:51 AM

Saw Marty Stuart And His Fabulous Superlatives last night. Fantastic guitar playing!

Also tagged with music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors