Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The one thing I would change at the Masters.


135 replies to this topic

#31 mukster

mukster

    Bought 8 lessons, needed only two!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48549
  • Joined: 02/11/2008
  • Location:North of the 49th
GolfWRX Likes : 1864

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:38 AM

Fan - "Mashed POOTATOEEES!" = Patron

Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
Callaway Epic Subzero 13.5, Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 65
Cobra Baffler 17*hybrid Fujikura Motore Shaft
Nickent 20* hybrid cheap shaft that kicks butt
Srixon Z765 5-AW irons, KBS Tour V shafts
Nickent 4 Hybrid UST V2 shaft
Mizuno MP-T10 54* wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 cagecitizen

cagecitizen

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406562
  • Joined: 12/24/2015
  • Location:Raleigh, NC
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

Pro Tracer. Nuff said.
  • Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815; Oban Devotion 6 shaft, 65 grams
  • 3-Wood: Nike Covert 2 Standard; Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage (stock)
  • 3-Hybrid: Nike Covert 2 Tour; Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage (stock)
  • Irons: Mizuno MP-H5 (4 through PW); True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
  • Wedges: 50, 56, 60 Titelst SM4 / SM5
  • Putter: BPutters Coyote Model milled from Italian 303SS (heel-shafted)
  • Grips: Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound (standard / 3-wraps)

2

#33 vernon

vernon

    Hi! I'm Holly!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11868
  • Joined: 02/13/2006
  • Location:Kansas City
GolfWRX Likes : 328

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:54 AM

I would make it much easier for me to get tickets to whatever days I choose and at face value.

Everything else is cool as is.

3

#34 gvogel

gvogel

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37680
  • Joined: 08/19/2007
  • Location:Western NY
  • Ebay ID:dbvogey
GolfWRX Likes : 1985

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:00 AM

The only thing that I would change is the music on the TV telecast.  That music has worn out its welcome.  No music at all would be better.
On Sundays, I used to play hickory

4

#35 helper_monkey

helper_monkey

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2825
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
  • Location:Mobile, AL
  • Handicap:6.7
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

View PostDave230, on 08 March 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

Great for TV, poor for spectators. 12 is a bit eerie at times, because fans can't get up to view the green. The scene at 18 was great last year.

This.  12 is a great hole, but the closest the fans can get is the tee box, so you wouldn't have anyone around the green for the playoff, which would be strange.  It's actually got to be pretty cool for the players that you hit your tee shot on 12 and then, for a little while, it's almost like you're just out playing a round of golf with your buds as there are no fans around 12 green or 13 tee.  I wonder if that's the only time it's really quiet the entire year on tour.


5

#36 mocokid

mocokid

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128438
  • Joined: 05/10/2011
  • Location:central NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 640

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:17 AM

in depth piece on how they dye everything green.  how about a piece on membership, secret protocols and handshakes ?, have any members played naked and did a shot on each tee?

6

#37 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 23917

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

It's time to open the doors and show the Illuminati meetings that are held in the clubhouse.

7

#38 falken19150

falken19150

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72546
  • Joined: 01/12/2009
  • Location:San Francisco, CA
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 498

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:25 AM

View Postthesaxemachine, on 08 March 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

One thing? Jim Nance.

Goodbye friends.

100% agree!!

8

#39 ef131313

ef131313

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311855
  • Joined: 04/28/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:47 PM

Remove its status as a major

9

#40 zmrobertson

zmrobertson

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253292
  • Joined: 05/29/2013
  • Location:SC
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:56 PM

View Postcagecitizen, on 08 March 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Pro Tracer. Nuff said.

This.  To 'Masters' it up, they can graphic in azalea petals as the tracer line.

Edited by zmrobertson, 08 March 2018 - 12:57 PM.

Ping G25 9*
Ping G25 4w
TM R9 TP 3-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*
Cleveland CG12 56*, 60*
SC GoLo 5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 zmrobertson

zmrobertson

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253292
  • Joined: 05/29/2013
  • Location:SC
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:59 PM

What's wrong with Jim Nantz?
Ping G25 9*
Ping G25 4w
TM R9 TP 3-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*
Cleveland CG12 56*, 60*
SC GoLo 5

11

#42 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:7.3
GolfWRX Likes : 4887

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

View Postzmrobertson, on 08 March 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

What's wrong with Jim Nantz?

What's right with Jim Nantz?

12

#43 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    The adventure begins!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,899 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 11275

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

View Postmocokid, on 08 March 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

in depth piece on how they dye everything green.  how about a piece on membership, secret protocols and handshakes ?, have any members played naked and did a shot on each tee?

Those fairways are real and they are spectacular!

Attached Thumbnails

  • Augusta.jpg


13

#44 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    The adventure begins!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,899 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 11275

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

View Postgvogel, on 08 March 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

The only thing that I would change is the music on the TV telecast.  That music has worn out its welcome.  No music at all would be better.

LOL, it's awesome and I need a fix right now.  If I could play piano and guitar at the same time, I'd be playing this.


Edited by Hawkeye77, 08 March 2018 - 01:14 PM.


14

#45 cagecitizen

cagecitizen

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406562
  • Joined: 12/24/2015
  • Location:Raleigh, NC
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

View Postzmrobertson, on 08 March 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

View Postcagecitizen, on 08 March 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Pro Tracer. Nuff said.

This.  To 'Masters' it up, they can graphic in azalea petals as the tracer line.

Flying Pimento Cheese Sandwich Tracer

  • Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815; Oban Devotion 6 shaft, 65 grams
  • 3-Wood: Nike Covert 2 Standard; Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage (stock)
  • 3-Hybrid: Nike Covert 2 Tour; Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage (stock)
  • Irons: Mizuno MP-H5 (4 through PW); True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
  • Wedges: 50, 56, 60 Titelst SM4 / SM5
  • Putter: BPutters Coyote Model milled from Italian 303SS (heel-shafted)
  • Grips: Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound (standard / 3-wraps)

15

#46 thesaxemachine

thesaxemachine

    Hello, friends...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143239
  • Joined: 10/19/2011
  • Location:Ontario
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 239

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:19 PM

Jim Nance aside, I find the reverence to the event a little over the top. They do a wonderful job of the tournament and it is a beautiful golf course, but it's just golf FFS, this isn't the holiest of holies.
Rogue SZ w/ AD MT
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
GAPR Hi
Z-765 w/ PX LZ
SM6 46° 50° 54°
MD PM Grind 58°
Works 7/Mullen TP

16

#47 ago33

ago33

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117034
  • Joined: 11/04/2010
  • Ebay ID:svenanole
GolfWRX Likes : 737

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

Ticket prices. So crazy that they are super bowl level.
-----Current Gamers-----

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9............................PX HZRDUS T1100 65 6.5
Tour Edge CBX 15........................................PX HZRDUS T1100 85 6.5
Taylormade UDI 2.........................................KBS Tour V 125
Mizuno MP-25 4-9........................................KBS Tour V 125
Vokey SM4 46, 52, 56..................................KBS 610 120
Vokey WedgeWorks 60V..............................KBS 610 120
Bettinardi BB1..............................................Grip Master Perf

17

#48 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:7.3
GolfWRX Likes : 4887

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:40 PM

View Postthesaxemachine, on 08 March 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Jim Nance aside, I find the reverence to the event a little over the top. They do a wonderful job of the tournament and it is a beautiful golf course, but it's just golf FFS, this isn't the holiest of holies.

It's very old fashioned, agreed.   However, I do think they should show ONLY the back nine on TV and reserve the front nine for the people that walk around and watch the pros play.   


Re: fans, patrons  -- not sure what is proper???

18

#49 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    The adventure begins!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,899 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 11275

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

View PostFerguson, on 08 March 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View Postthesaxemachine, on 08 March 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Jim Nance aside, I find the reverence to the event a little over the top. They do a wonderful job of the tournament and it is a beautiful golf course, but it's just golf FFS, this isn't the holiest of holies.

It's very old fashioned, agreed.   However, I do think they should show ONLY the back nine on TV and reserve the front nine for the people that walk around and watch the pros play.   


Re: fans, patrons  -- not sure what is proper???

We have to miss 80 other guys just because you don't want Phil's front nine on TV?

19

#50 caniac6

caniac6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222453
  • Joined: 01/17/2013
  • Location:Winston-Salem,NC
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2237

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 08 March 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

View Postgvogel, on 08 March 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

The only thing that I would change is the music on the TV telecast.  That music has worn out its welcome.  No music at all would be better.

LOL, it's awesome and I need a fix right now.  If I could play piano and guitar at the same time, I'd be playing this.


Forget about dates on a calendar, that music tells me that spring is here.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 3jacker

3jacker

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51799
  • Joined: 03/19/2008
  • Location:Orlando, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 365

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

View PostSocrates, on 07 March 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

I was going to say, stop selling the cheese-pimento sandwiches.  They really are terrible.


I don't even know for sure what "pimento cheese" actually is.  It seems more like a condiment than anything.
I've tried em.  I'm with you on this.
Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
                TM V-Steel 4wd  Protopype 80X
                Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
                Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
                Cleveland 52*/58* CG10 KBS C-Taper X
                Sizemore XB-1

21

#52 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:7.3
GolfWRX Likes : 4887

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:16 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 08 March 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

View PostFerguson, on 08 March 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View Postthesaxemachine, on 08 March 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Jim Nance aside, I find the reverence to the event a little over the top. They do a wonderful job of the tournament and it is a beautiful golf course, but it's just golf FFS, this isn't the holiest of holies.

It's very old fashioned, agreed.   However, I do think they should show ONLY the back nine on TV and reserve the front nine for the people that walk around and watch the pros play.   


Re: fans, patrons  -- not sure what is proper???

We have to miss 80 other guys just because you don't want Phil's front nine on TV?


Well, I will only have to watch two of Phil's outward nines.  Not so bad, I guess.

22

#53 jaymayor

jaymayor

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461418
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Windsor, ON, Canada
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jaymayor
GolfWRX Likes : 461

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:33 PM

Though 12 wouldn't happen, at this point with all the changes and the money this place has, it probably wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that they just build a tunnel under the course and shuttle people to the holes that they have selected for playoffs.

Would be wild.

23

#54 FairwaySheriff

FairwaySheriff

    The Other Sheriff

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78389
  • Joined: 03/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 181

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

View Postef131313, on 08 March 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

Remove its status as a major

This change will never happen

24

#55 AppAlum

AppAlum

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121589
  • Joined: 02/02/2011
  • Location:Boone, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 312

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

View Post3jacker, on 08 March 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostSocrates, on 07 March 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

I was going to say, stop selling the cheese-pimento sandwiches.  They really are terrible.


I don't even know for sure what "pimento cheese" actually is.  It seems more like a condiment than anything.
I've tried em.  I'm with you on this.

Pretty sure they’re optional but they’ve only sold 10 million...so yeah, get rid of them.


25

#56 johnnypro

johnnypro

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2246
  • Joined: 07/07/2005
  • Location:Lynbrook, ny
  • Handicap:14.5
GolfWRX Likes : 518

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

I can't decide whether I'd change the corny music or allow announcers to use the word fans or gallery instead of patrons or interview someone with the cujones to admit that Clifford Roberts was a disgraceful human being.

26

#57 baloo

baloo

    A Person

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140341
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:k2baloo
GolfWRX Likes : 605

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

I'd have all players play pre-1990 equipment.

Jack for President!
Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf

27

#58 thesaxemachine

thesaxemachine

    Hello, friends...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143239
  • Joined: 10/19/2011
  • Location:Ontario
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 239

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:43 PM

View Postjohnnypro, on 08 March 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

I can't decide whether I'd change the corny music or allow announcers to use the word fans or gallery instead of patrons or interview someone with the cujones to admit that Clifford Roberts was a disgraceful human being.

The AGNC only seems to be interested in discussion one side of their history.
Rogue SZ w/ AD MT
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
GAPR Hi
Z-765 w/ PX LZ
SM6 46° 50° 54°
MD PM Grind 58°
Works 7/Mullen TP

28

#59 tiderider

tiderider

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 320763
  • Joined: 06/13/2014
  • Location:b'ham
  • Handicap:5ish
GolfWRX Likes : 830

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

View Postjohnnypro, on 08 March 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

I can't decide whether I'd change the corny music or allow announcers to use the word fans or gallery instead of patrons or interview someone with the cujones to admit that Clifford Roberts was a disgraceful human being.

what would that accomplish? ... anyone interested enough can look up a bit of info here or there on the internet and discover how domineering and racist he was (or whatever his attributes were) ... it's not some great revelation to the people who hang out here ...

29

#60 tiderider

tiderider

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 320763
  • Joined: 06/13/2014
  • Location:b'ham
  • Handicap:5ish
GolfWRX Likes : 830

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

View Postzmrobertson, on 08 March 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

What's wrong with Jim Nantz?

he tries to be walt whitman


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors