Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

NCAA D2 Mens Golf. Who and How does your team qualify for regionals

2 replies to this topic

#1 TFlo

TFlo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290675
  • Handicap:1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:44 PM

I haven't been on here since I was a soph in high school trying to find info about playing in college. I'm now a freshman playing D2 college golf but I don't understand who makes it to regionals.  I've tried to find info online but cant find anything on the NCAA website.  I understand the regional rankings. Does anyone know how many teams from each region go to regionals?  My team isn't highly ranked at the moment but I think we have a chance to move up this spring. Anyone that knows anything about this, please share.  Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481904
GolfWRX Likes : 597

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:05 PM

My first time looking this up, but this seems to have it.

http://www.ncaa.org/...al_20171010.pdf

Goto page 17 and read from there.

"
REGIONAL ADVANCEMENT

Two individuals and a minimum of three teams from each regional will advance to the finals, while the eight remaining

team berths will be allocated based on the regions represented in the prior year’s head-to-head medal play portion of the

championships. The maximum number of teams from each region will be capped at seven. If that were to occur, the next

highest finisher not from that region will receive that spot for their region, with non-sudden death tiebreakers being used, if

necessary. Allocations will return to five per region every four years with the reset aligning with the current schedule of the

National Championships Festival. Any berth earned for a region based on an institution’s finish the prior year will follow that

institution should it be realigned into a new region. For the 2018 championships, regional allocations to the finals are as

follows:

South/Southeast: 7 berths

West/South Central: 5 berths

Midwest/Central: 5 berths

Atlantic/East: 3 berths

Edited by wildcatden, 06 March 2018 - 11:07 PM.

#3 TFlo

TFlo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290675
  • Handicap:1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

Thanks.  Yes this has all the info I wanted.  Thanks a bunch.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors