Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Callaway PreOwned 50% Trade In Bonus This Week


53 replies to this topic

#31 Gh05t

Gh05t

    DONT DEAL WITH ME, CANT BE TRUSTED...GO DUCKS

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431378
  • Joined: 07/03/2016
  • Location:Tucson
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:Chrisapodac-0
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:07 AM

View PostDamenace613, on 12 March 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

View PostGh05t, on 12 March 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

That is dumb.

I was thinking the same thing. Their explanation was that they didn't want us to double dip. They ran the bonus with everything at "normal prices" and they didn't want us to use store credit later during a sale. This is why I passed as nothing was worth buying at the listed prices.

I kinda get it, but if I'm trading in clubs, it's because I don't want to spend money when I can just use the value of older clubs to get something newer. just stupid, global golf and them don't do 50% on top but they do have some bonuses from time to time that make it somewhat more appealing. oh well i'll just wait

Gamers:                                                                                                         Backups:
Taylormade 17M2 10.5 UST Proforce V2 7F5                                              Callaway 816 DBD Diamana D+ 70X
Taylomade 17M2 3w Hzrdus Red 6.0                                                           Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue 70s I/O
Ping Crossover 4 21* blue dot Tour Ad 95X                                                  Nike Covert Forged 4-AW DG S300        
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 5-PW DG X100                                                               Cobra Trusty Tour 52/60 King 56 DG S200
Cleveland RTX588 2.0 50/58 RTX3 54 DG wedgeflex                                  Nike Method Concept C1/Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Maranello
Odyssey Oworks 7s Red                                                                               Maxfli 4.0 Stand Bag(green/white.....Go Ducks!)            
Nike Air Sport III stand bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 timbo08

timbo08

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
  • Joined: 03/21/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 326

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

View PostGh05t, on 13 March 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostDamenace613, on 12 March 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

View PostGh05t, on 12 March 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

That is dumb.

I was thinking the same thing. Their explanation was that they didn't want us to double dip. They ran the bonus with everything at "normal prices" and they didn't want us to use store credit later during a sale. This is why I passed as nothing was worth buying at the listed prices.

I kinda get it, but if I'm trading in clubs, it's because I don't want to spend money when I can just use the value of older clubs to get something newer. just stupid, global golf and them don't do 50% on top but they do have some bonuses from time to time that make it somewhat more appealing. oh well i'll just wait

Maybe they do it to avoid potential customer complaints?  IE.  Someone sends in a wedge that wasn't in acceptable condition and all of a sudden a week after they order their clubs they get a random charge from Callaway on their CC for $50 that they weren't expecting.  I could see that causing some customer service issues and lots of complaints from folks.

2

#33 Gh05t

Gh05t

    DONT DEAL WITH ME, CANT BE TRUSTED...GO DUCKS

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431378
  • Joined: 07/03/2016
  • Location:Tucson
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:Chrisapodac-0
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

View Posttimbo08, on 13 March 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

View PostGh05t, on 13 March 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostDamenace613, on 12 March 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

View PostGh05t, on 12 March 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

That is dumb.

I was thinking the same thing. Their explanation was that they didn't want us to double dip. They ran the bonus with everything at "normal prices" and they didn't want us to use store credit later during a sale. This is why I passed as nothing was worth buying at the listed prices.

I kinda get it, but if I'm trading in clubs, it's because I don't want to spend money when I can just use the value of older clubs to get something newer. just stupid, global golf and them don't do 50% on top but they do have some bonuses from time to time that make it somewhat more appealing. oh well i'll just wait

Maybe they do it to avoid potential customer complaints?  IE.  Someone sends in a wedge that wasn't in acceptable condition and all of a sudden a week after they order their clubs they get a random charge from Callaway on their CC for $50 that they weren't expecting.  I could see that causing some customer service issues and lots of complaints from folks.

well its pointless to argue cause it wont change anything, but I'd rather have my clubs verified and find out what I'm getting and then I can make a purchase based on that value. I'd be more likely to complain if I was expecting a certain value, buy a club based on my trade in, then find out later I'm getting less and need to come out of pocket more. but again, doesn't matter it is what it is.
Gamers:                                                                                                         Backups:
Taylormade 17M2 10.5 UST Proforce V2 7F5                                              Callaway 816 DBD Diamana D+ 70X
Taylomade 17M2 3w Hzrdus Red 6.0                                                           Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue 70s I/O
Ping Crossover 4 21* blue dot Tour Ad 95X                                                  Nike Covert Forged 4-AW DG S300        
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 5-PW DG X100                                                               Cobra Trusty Tour 52/60 King 56 DG S200
Cleveland RTX588 2.0 50/58 RTX3 54 DG wedgeflex                                  Nike Method Concept C1/Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Maranello
Odyssey Oworks 7s Red                                                                               Maxfli 4.0 Stand Bag(green/white.....Go Ducks!)            
Nike Air Sport III stand bag

3

#34 lopey986

lopey986

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,864 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413808
  • Joined: 02/28/2016
  • Location:Illinois
  • Ebay ID:lopey986
GolfWRX Likes : 1077

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

View PostGh05t, on 13 March 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

View Posttimbo08, on 13 March 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

View PostGh05t, on 13 March 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostDamenace613, on 12 March 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

View PostGh05t, on 12 March 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

That is dumb.

I was thinking the same thing. Their explanation was that they didn't want us to double dip. They ran the bonus with everything at "normal prices" and they didn't want us to use store credit later during a sale. This is why I passed as nothing was worth buying at the listed prices.

I kinda get it, but if I'm trading in clubs, it's because I don't want to spend money when I can just use the value of older clubs to get something newer. just stupid, global golf and them don't do 50% on top but they do have some bonuses from time to time that make it somewhat more appealing. oh well i'll just wait

Maybe they do it to avoid potential customer complaints?  IE.  Someone sends in a wedge that wasn't in acceptable condition and all of a sudden a week after they order their clubs they get a random charge from Callaway on their CC for $50 that they weren't expecting.  I could see that causing some customer service issues and lots of complaints from folks.

well its pointless to argue cause it wont change anything, but I'd rather have my clubs verified and find out what I'm getting and then I can make a purchase based on that value. I'd be more likely to complain if I was expecting a certain value, buy a club based on my trade in, then find out later I'm getting less and need to come out of pocket more. but again, doesn't matter it is what it is.

Yeah, i've never had them give me less than what they say they are going to give me and i've traded with callaway 3 times now. Choose the appropriate quality of your clubs and you'll have no issues.

4

#35 Arsilon2

Arsilon2

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25667
  • Joined: 02/18/2007
  • Location:East Coast
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:01 AM

Actually it just started.  Runs through the end of April.


5

#36 JaNelson38

JaNelson38

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199901
  • Joined: 08/25/2012
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 2066

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:18 AM

View PostArsilon2, on 14 March 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

Actually it just started.  Runs through the end of April.

Cant find anything about this on the main site.  Could you point me in the direction you saw this?

6

#37 timbo08

timbo08

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
  • Joined: 03/21/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 326

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:05 PM

View PostJaNelson38, on 14 March 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

View PostArsilon2, on 14 March 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

Actually it just started.  Runs through the end of April.

Cant find anything about this on the main site.  Could you point me in the direction you saw this?

It's for new Rogue products only on the main site, the PreOwned bonus is over to my knowledge.

7

#38 Arsilon2

Arsilon2

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25667
  • Joined: 02/18/2007
  • Location:East Coast
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:29 PM

Correct.   Here's the link...

http://www.callawayg...in-bonus-offer/

8

#39 sksmall13

sksmall13

    Newbie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277879
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

That

View PostArsilon2, on 14 March 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

Correct.   Here's the link...

http://www.callawayg...in-bonus-offer/

That link takes me to an old promotion, and I also can't find anything on the site.  Does anyone else have a different link?

9

#40 Pace of Play

Pace of Play

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33905
  • Joined: 07/06/2007
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:12 PM

View Postsksmall13, on 15 March 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:


That link takes me to an old promotion, and I also can't find anything on the site.  Does anyone else have a different link?

add a rogue product to your cart.  add the promo code "GoRogue" (no quotes) and the cart accepts it and you can click "details" to see the terms of the deal.

Its discussed in the Rogue trade bonus thread that it was extended till 4-30.

http://www.golfwrx.c...ement-on-rogue/


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 dmeeksDC

dmeeksDC

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,814 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431476
  • Joined: 07/04/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:dmeeks2010
GolfWRX Likes : 742

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:34 AM

View Postb_smith07, on 12 March 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

I'm looking at doing this deal....anybody have pics or can give insight on what "like new" wedges look like??? Looking at buying some MD Forged wedges...

Don’t know if you got your question answered, but I have done two trades with Callaway and “Like New” looks pretty much new to me. Their clubs seem to exceed whatever category they are in. Like New looks new and very good looks excellent. I have not gone less than very good to date. But if you buy a club and feel it did not match the stated condition, they will take it back. Callaway has Ping-like customer service (Ping treats you like they know you.)
[size=3]Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches

11

#42 lil'mike

lil'mike

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436656
  • Joined: 08/14/2016
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:mrgolf2k
GolfWRX Likes : 199

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

View PostdmeeksDC, on 17 March 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

View Postb_smith07, on 12 March 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

I'm looking at doing this deal....anybody have pics or can give insight on what "like new" wedges look like??? Looking at buying some MD Forged wedges...

Don't know if you got your question answered, but I have done two trades with Callaway and "Like New" looks pretty much new to me. Their clubs seem to exceed whatever category they are in. Like New looks new and very good looks excellent. I have not gone less than very good to date. But if you buy a club and feel it did not match the stated condition, they will take it back. Callaway has Ping-like customer service (Ping treats you like they know you.)

Yeah this!  I have only had one club that I received that I didn't think was correctly stated at "like new" and they swapped it out with no issues.

I only purchase "like new" clubs and on any wedges I have gotten, they have all had the head still wrapped but one which looked like the head wrapping just was pulled off!  So no worries on "like new" clubs including wedges!

12

#43 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 626

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:43 AM

Agreed, just got two Callaway wedges and a Cobra F7 hybrid like new condition.  They were all brand new never been hit. I did receive a hybrid with a crown scratch one time that was listed like new, and they swapped it for one still in the wrapper. Great service. This is my first trade, but expecting the same easy transaction once they receive my clubs.
Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

13

#44 Colej

Colej

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162677
  • Joined: 02/13/2012
  • Location:Hamilton, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 180

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

View PostALTSean, on 08 March 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Free shipping with code EMFS16M

Thank you! Worked for me today

14

#45 Graymulligan

Graymulligan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 215421
  • Joined: 12/11/2012
  • Location:Sodus, NY
  • Handicap:8ish
GolfWRX Likes : 870

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:00 AM

For thos eof you that have sent clubs into CPO, how long does it typically take them to process the refund once the clubs arrive?  Rock Bottom usually turns trade in credit around pretty quickly, and I'm a week out from when my stuff was delivered to Callaway, and no updates/emails/credit on the card yet.  Should I be concerned, or doe sit usually take a little while?

2017 M1 w/Matrix Radix
M1 2h w/Kuro Kage
RSI TP w/ S400
Bridgestone J40 52/56/60
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert
(where did all this TM stuff come from?)

15

#46 wilymo

wilymo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 419872
  • Joined: 04/09/2016
  • Ebay ID:wilymo
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:10 AM

It usually takes a little longer when they do those trade in promos but you can always call and they can give you an update on it.

16

#47 Togatown22

Togatown22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14577
  • Joined: 05/05/2006
  • Location:Saratoga Springs, NY
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:togatown22
GolfWRX Likes : 1439

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

My return was delivered on 3/19 and no refund posted to my card yet.
Rogue 10.5 Graphite Design AD TP 6S
Rogue 15 PX Even Flow Blue S
816H1 19 Motore Speeder 8.8 S
718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
Futura 5.5W

17

#48 superX

superX

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472372
  • Joined: 06/22/2017
  • Location:PA
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

My return delivered on 3/19 as well, and I just received an email today that the credit was issued to my card.  It usually takes another day to see it actually post to my card account.

18

#49 Totalee74

Totalee74

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412252
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Location:NC
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

My trade processed today to at about 7 days after receiving them

19

#50 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 626

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:12 PM

They received mine last Thursday and when I called they said they should process tomorrow or Friday.

Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Togatown22

Togatown22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14577
  • Joined: 05/05/2006
  • Location:Saratoga Springs, NY
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:togatown22
GolfWRX Likes : 1439

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:50 PM

View PostTogatown22, on 28 March 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

My return was delivered on 3/19 and no refund posted to my card yet.

Calling myself out: got the email this afternoon that my return processed and my credit posted.  What a great process.  Callaway really has a leg up on the other OEM's IMO with this whole deal.

Edited by Togatown22, 28 March 2018 - 08:50 PM.

Rogue 10.5 Graphite Design AD TP 6S
Rogue 15 PX Even Flow Blue S
816H1 19 Motore Speeder 8.8 S
718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
Futura 5.5W

21

#52 Graymulligan

Graymulligan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 215421
  • Joined: 12/11/2012
  • Location:Sodus, NY
  • Handicap:8ish
GolfWRX Likes : 870

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:28 AM

Thanks gang, I won't stress until Monday, unless I get bored and then maybe I'll call.
2017 M1 w/Matrix Radix
M1 2h w/Kuro Kage
RSI TP w/ S400
Bridgestone J40 52/56/60
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert
(where did all this TM stuff come from?)

22

#53 cardoza

cardoza

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136369
  • Joined: 08/14/2011
  • Location:Oklahoma City
  • Handicap:0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 926

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

Bummer that the trade-in bonus doesn't work on the MD4s. Still tempted though, their trade prices are a good bit higher than Global Golf even without the bonus on most of my items.
Titleist TS3 8.5* - Matrix MFS Black Tie 70X
Callaway Rogue Subzero 13.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 83X
Callaway Rogue Subzero 18* - Accra 380 M5
Miura 501CB 3-PW - KBS Tour 130X
Callaway MD4 52* W Grind and 58* X Grind - DG X100
Byron Morgan 612 35"

23

#54 Colej

Colej

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162677
  • Joined: 02/13/2012
  • Location:Hamilton, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 180

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:55 AM

Got a email from them this morning. I’m thinking they’re gonna have a different sale every day this week. Today is drivers 30% off

24



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors