Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Edel wedges - anyone been fitted? have them?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 00bolt

00bolt

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77153
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 239

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:08 AM

For the past few months, I have been in awe over the Edel E3 putter.  I randomly stumbled upon this putter at my local golf store one day when messing around in there.  I have gone back to this store maybe 10-15 times since then and every time I grab this putter and hit a few putts and every time I putt like the old Tiger with it lol.  I am ready to throw my Scotty in the trash.  i even took my putter in the store and hit them side by side one day and feel much better with the Edel than my Scotty.

so me and a buddy have an appointment the first week in May to go down to the Edel factory in Austin and do a full tour of the facility and get custom fit for putters.  

i am super excited. but while i am at it. i have since stumbled upon some online reviews for Edel wedges and again, they get nothing but good reviews and good said about them.  so i think i am going to get fitted for wedges while i am at it.  curious if anyone knows much abou their wedges?  would i be dumb to think about replacing my Miura with Edel?

IG:  golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Adams Tight Lies 2 3 Wood 14
Titleist 818 H1 19 Hybrid
Titleist 716 TMB 4
Callaway Apex MB 5-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 jackbauer

jackbauer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 448346
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

I've had my Edel putter for almost five years and got a couple of their wedges about six months ago (see my WITB link for pics). They make superb products and their customer service is excellent.

I think they had eight different grinds at one point but that's no longer the case. (My motivation was finding the proper grind since I had been self-fitting Vokeys in the past.)

The one thing I point out whenever someone asks about Edel is that the price is comparable to customizing an off-the-rack wedge. Mine were $190 each, which included the shaft and grip of my choice, wraps, loft and lie adjustment to my specs, etc., plus the there is no fitting fee if you buy clubs. A new Vokey with a TTDG S200 is already $150, so ...

#3 FairwayFred

FairwayFred

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 3,588 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149
GolfWRX Likes : 1960

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

Make sure you don't get too much relief and too thin a sole in your lower lofted wedges if you do go the Edel route.  When we had Scratch we did a ton of fittings for people playing lower lofted Edel wedges that were very difficult to use because they had a lot of relief and a very narrow effective sole.
FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
ari@nationalcustomworks.com
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

#4 Huntingchris0000

Huntingchris0000

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18185
  • Ebay ID:huntingchris0000
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:02 PM

The putter fitting is second to none.  However I was less than impressed with the wedges.  Your mileage may vary

#5 LaymanM

LaymanM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130511
GolfWRX Likes : 589

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

I have Edel wedges.  55 and 60 in driver grind.  Shafted with KBS Tour 90.  They are very nice.  Did everything over phone.  Gave them some trackman data and they shafted the wedges to match my Edel Forged CB iron set that has KBS Tour 90.   Picked the paintfill and had my 3 sons names engraved on them.  6 year old on the 55 and my 4 year old twin boys on the 60.  Top notch customer service and products.

Thinking about restarting irons and wedges.  I bought irons 2nd hand.  They might be a tad light.  I bought a new set this winter and wedges.  Gonna be a show down soon.  Golf league starts April 6th.   Whatever leads to lowest average scores Will be in the bag.

Edited by LaymanM, 10 March 2018 - 11:57 AM.

PING G400 Max 9*, Adidla Rogue Max 75x
Callaway 815 Alpha 3W and 5W Speeder 665 stiff
Srixon U65 4, Modus 105s
Srixon Z785 5-PW Modus 120s
Edel DVR 50, s200
SM7 54F / 58K
SC Studio Style Newport 2

#6 schnauzerine

schnauzerine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70286
  • Ebay ID:schnauzerine
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:23 PM

I'm looking at Edel wedges as well. I play primarily from firm sand conditions (sometimes wet, but never fluffy). For those of you acquainted with Edel wedge grinds which would you suggest for my 56* and 60* wedges?

#7 pierso2

pierso2

Shooters Shoot

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222023
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1012

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

View Postschnauzerine, on 11 January 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

I'm looking at Edel wedges as well. I play primarily from firm sand conditions (sometimes wet, but never fluffy). For those of you acquainted with Edel wedge grinds which would you suggest for my 56* and 60* wedges?

Best bet is to check out their site if you're not going to go for a fitting.

I went through the wedge fitting back in 2014 and really learned a lot about my wedge game and my swing with wedges. I bought a 51, 56 and 60. I've been happy with them overall. I knew the fitter from a few prior run-ins so he gave me a great fitting and also made some suggestions if I decided to look at other wedge companies.

I think the fitting is really helpful if you don't really know much about your wedges and what you should look for. I knew a lot about golf clubs already but went in blind to the fitting as far as expectations. I was given a bachelors degree's worth of info by the end! I think the products are good but you could see similar results with just about any wedge if it's fit to your swing (or you fit to it's design).

All in all, first check the site. If you don't understand what is going on given the results of that, you could A) get a fitting or B) look at other wedges. If there was a miracle wedge out there, everyone on tour would be playing them!
Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2

#8 gsrjc

gsrjc

TOC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290351
GolfWRX Likes : 305

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

I got fitted for my 50/55/60 wedges. I have the various grinds and I have a lot of bounce as Im generally a digger. They are good wedges so enjoy and definitely go to a certified place. I went to club champion for my fitting.

#9 schnauzerine

schnauzerine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70286
  • Ebay ID:schnauzerine
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted Yesterday, 02:17 PM

Thanks all - What I'm searching for is which Edel grind WRX members are using effectively when playing out of wet/firm bunkers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors