Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Late arrival to Masters for Monday's practice round

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vaca22

vaca22

Commander In Beef

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46965
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:22 AM

I was planning on flying into Atlanta on Easter Sunday as I have tickets to Monday's practice round, but due to other conflicts I'm going to have to take the 1st flight out on Monday.  I expect to arrive at around 11am.

On this day and at that hour, are there any issues with parking on the grounds?  The last time I was there I felt as if there was quite a bit, but who knows.

Wondering if anyone has experience with not being there at the crack of dawn and how that all works out.  I seem to remember the gift shop not being as busy then too!

Edited by vaca22, 05 March 2018 - 11:12 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 CHuntsman

CHuntsman

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460084
  • Handicap:8.6
GolfWRX Likes : 208

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:47 AM

View Postvaca22, on 05 March 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

I was planning on flying into Atlanta on Easter Sunday as I have tickets to Monday's practice round, but due to other conflicts I'm going to have to take the 1st flight out on Monday.  I expect to arrive at around 11am.

On this day and at that hour, are there any issued with parking on the grounds?  The last time I was there I felt as if there was quite a bit, but who knows.

Wondering if anyone has experience with not being there at the crack of dawn and how that all works out.  I seem to remember the gift shop not being as busy then too!

I went last year on the only dry day (Tuesday). We got there around 7:00AM and both exits were backed up to I-20. It probably took us 30 minutes just to get off the exit. We didn't have tickets yet so we had to scalp. Ended up getting tickets around 8:30 and were in the gates by 9:00.  There was plenty of parking available at that time but i'm sure it fills up quick.  I recall seeing a lot of parking lots, i doubt it will be an issue.  We hit up the merchandise store around 4:00 before we left and had to wait around 20 minutes to get to the end of the line, it moved decently.  Good luck and enjoy.

#3 BrianMcG

BrianMcG

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71565
GolfWRX Likes : 1934

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:55 AM

I would expect the parking on the grounds to be full by then. But there is still a lot of $10-15 parking everywhere. You may have to walk a bit. The gift shop is crowded all the time, getting worse the later the day goes.

#4 JJCOOP7

JJCOOP7

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79647
GolfWRX Likes : 1521

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

Try to come into the city from the south and not the west on 20.

I actually think traffic shouldn’t be too much of a problem at that time tho.
Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

#5 BB28403

BB28403

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
GolfWRX Likes : 501

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

View PostCHuntsman, on 05 March 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

On this day and at that hour, are there any issued with parking on the grounds?  The last time I was there I felt as if there was quite a bit, but who knows.

I went last year on the only dry day (Tuesday). We got there around 7:00AM and both exits were backed up to I-20. It probably took us 30 minutes just to get off the exit. We didn't have tickets yet so we had to scalp. Ended up getting tickets around 8:30 and were in the gates by 9:00.  There was plenty of parking available at that time but i'm sure it fills up quick.  I recall seeing a lot of parking lots, i doubt it will be an issue.  We hit up the merchandise store around 4:00 before we left and had to wait around 20 minutes to get to the end of the line, it moved decently.  Good luck and enjoy.

How much did you get tix for Pre Tiger?  If you don't mind.

#6 CHuntsman

CHuntsman

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:05 AM

View PostBB28403, on 12 March 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

Thanks to my father in law, HE paid $600 a piece, so $1,200.00 for (2) Tuesday practice round tickets. We got there fairly early.  Didn't see many people selling, mostly people holding signs "I need tickets".  We finally found a guy with a canopy set up in a gas station parking lot.  He wouldn't budge off $600/ ticket.  I doubt you'll get in under $1000 this year.  But one thing I can say, I've been to heaven!

#7 BB28403

BB28403

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
GolfWRX Likes : 501

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:01 PM

View PostCHuntsman, on 13 March 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

Thanks to my father in law, HE paid $600 a piece, so $1,200.00 for (2) Tuesday practice round tickets. We got there fairly early.  Didn't see many people selling, mostly people holding signs "I need tickets".  We finally found a guy with a canopy set up in a gas station parking lot.  He wouldn't budge off $600/ ticket.  I doubt you'll get in under $1000 this year.  But one thing I can say, I've been to heaven!

Totally jealous!  Good going.

Stubhub for Monday last I checked was $450.00 a piece .  They have a pickup station too

#8 CHuntsman

CHuntsman

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:32 PM

View PostBB28403, on 13 March 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

View PostCHuntsman, on 13 March 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

Totally jealous!  Good going.

Stubhub for Monday last I checked was $450.00 a piece .  They have a pickup station too

Practice Rounds:
Mon   = $450  + StubHub fees
Tues  = $695  + StubHub fees
Wed  = $1150 + StubHub fees

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors