Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Spouse quotes


169 replies to this topic

#61 sui generis

sui generis

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132389
  • Joined: 07/05/2011
  • Location:Asheville
GolfWRX Likes : 2312

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

Twenty or so years ago my wife decided she'd like to play golf. I agreed that would be good for us, but suggested that she take real lessons from our club pro and not expect me to teach her. Her reply, "Oh, that's how it was going to be anyway." :)

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 Skhacker

Skhacker

    The Minimalist Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356255
  • Joined: 01/03/2015
  • Location:Saskatchewan
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 556

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

"We just moved in today!"

2

#63 dmbrill719

dmbrill719

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492302
  • Joined: 01/30/2018
  • Location:North Carolina
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Girlfriend riding along at a resort course:

"I thought the cart girls were supposed to be young and cute.  That was disappointing".
G400 Max 661
Steelhead XR 4+ D+80
Apex 3h, 4h, Project X HC1
JPX 900 Forged 5 Recoil 125
JPX 900 Tour 6-PW Recoil 125
MD Forged 50, 56 DG X100
RM-22 60 DG TI Black Onyx X100
Vault Anser 2

3

#64 sui generis

sui generis

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132389
  • Joined: 07/05/2011
  • Location:Asheville
GolfWRX Likes : 2312

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

View Postsui generis, on 13 March 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

Twenty or so years ago my wife decided she'd like to play golf. I agreed that would be good for us, but suggested that she take real lessons from our club pro and not expect me to teach her. Her reply, "Oh, that's how it was going to be anyway." :)

Fast forward a couple of years and she's done well with her lessons and is having fun playing bogey golf mostly with the women at the club. One of her friends, upon hearing that my wife and I are playing in a couples tournament asks her if she's got that roll of duct tape in her bag. "What ever for?" says Rita. "For his mouth when he starts telling you how to play." says her friend. Point taken!
Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.

4

#65 hebsan

hebsan

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103660
  • Joined: 02/19/2010
  • Location:Mililani, HI
GolfWRX Likes : 423

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:38 PM

View Postdaveltb, on 13 March 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

View PostPigems, on 13 March 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

How many of these wives have more pairs of shoes than we have golf clubs? I know mine does, but we're the ones with the problems eh? Haha

Or purses.... or both...

Not just any purse(s) but high end bags.


5

#66 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17498

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

This isn't a spouse quote, but I thought it was kinda funny:

Attached File  hApO8_dyGrGK40JaxmE6ya5P-OOlBftGVVqKe6x6a3I.png   474.56K   65 downloads
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

6

#67 0351Duffer

0351Duffer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472820
  • Joined: 06/26/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

My wife is also a golfer, she is starting her second year and is doing great. But, like someone else posted in the thread previously, I've had these types of responses...

Me: "Let me put some ladies golf balls into your bag, the lower compression may be more suited to your swing/game".

Her: "No, I like the harder golf balls, I don't need ladies golf balls".

Her, after hitting the new Srixon Ladies Soft Feel balls I bought her... "Wow, those balls feel great! I love those!"


Me: "I'm thinking about getting you that new Ping GLe Driver for your set..."

Her: "Don't spend money on a driver I don't hit the Driver well yet. Let's wait a couple years, the price will go down."

After I buy her the new Ping GLe Driver as an early gift...

Her: "Wow! I really hit this driver well, waay farther than my old one, the flight is so much better! I Love it!"

But perhaps my favorite thing to hear her say as she laughs after these types of situations is... "You Were Right." "-P

BTW... Love You Babe! ;-P

7

#68 Petunia Sprinkle

Petunia Sprinkle

    Future King of France

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397380
  • Joined: 09/25/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 4583

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:33 PM

View Postdmbrill719, on 13 March 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

Girlfriend riding along at a resort course:

"I thought the cart girls were supposed to be young and cute.  That was disappointing".

Keeper!

8

#69 sdandrea

sdandrea

    Steve

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Joined: 11/14/2010
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA & Hernando FL
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1443

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

SWMBO and I were playing golf one day (years ago) and I was struggling badly with ball striking in the mid irons off tight fairways we were one.  I finally stumbled into a solid shot and she says "there ya go, just do that".................Thanks hon.
TM R9 10.5*
TM RBZ 9w
NIke CPR Wood 26*
PING G400  7-UW
Maltby Wide Sole 56*
Scotty Fastback

  
"Never buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it"

9

#70 Petunia Sprinkle

Petunia Sprinkle

    Future King of France

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397380
  • Joined: 09/25/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 4583

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

View Postsui generis, on 13 March 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

View Postsui generis, on 13 March 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

Twenty or so years ago my wife decided she'd like to play golf. I agreed that would be good for us, but suggested that she take real lessons from our club pro and not expect me to teach her. Her reply, "Oh, that's how it was going to be anyway." :)

Fast forward a couple of years and she's done well with her lessons and is having fun playing bogey golf mostly with the women at the club. One of her friends, upon hearing that my wife and I are playing in a couples tournament asks her if she's got that roll of duct tape in her bag. "What ever for?" says Rita. "For his mouth when he starts telling you how to play." says her friend. Point taken!

Yeah, thatís a one way deal in their minds.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 0351Duffer

0351Duffer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472820
  • Joined: 06/26/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

View PostBohsaucey, on 13 March 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

View PostJFitz357, on 12 March 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

My wife tells me I the only man in the world who owns more putters than socks.

full disclosure.....after an EBay fire sale I now only own 3

How do you manage with only 3 socks?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I read his post about a fire sale...and only having three left! LMAO

11

#72 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450210
  • Joined: 12/30/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1115

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

I've got the opposite problem.  My wife says, "when are you going to get out of the house and play some golf?"

12

#73 kstateskier

kstateskier

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473944
  • Joined: 07/05/2017
  • Location:Kansas City, MO
  • Handicap:14.6
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:36 AM

Wife: "Didn't you just play last week?"  

Me: "That the beauty of Golf League baby, it happens every week :!"
Whats in my bag:
2016 Cobra Fly Z+ driver, graphite shaft
2016 Cobra Fly Z 3 wood, graphite shaft
Adams Tight Lies, 5 fairway wood, steel shaft
Fly Z irons, 5-GW, +3 upright, 1/2" short, graphite shafts
Vokey wedges M grind, 50', 56' 60'
Omen Putter, Super Stroke 2.0
Srixon Soft white pure white golf ball or Calloway Super Soft

Location: Kansas City, MO

13

#74 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,610 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 7823

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:48 AM

I'm fortunate. My wife buys a lot of stuff on line and she has it all shipped to my office. So I bring stuff home frequently.

So I don't get questioned on golf purchases any more.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

14

#75 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2098

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

I can't understand a d$%# thing Cara Robinson says.  Someone needs to tell the golf channel to get a woman on their that looks and talks like a woman.


15

#76 SemperFi91

SemperFi91

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25067
  • Joined: 02/05/2007
  • Location:Yakima, WA
GolfWRX Likes : 196

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:20 PM

One of the best.  Always LOL when I watch this!! :)

https://www.youtube....UPKZ1pNqw&t=39s

Attached File  Capture.JPG   32.98K   115 downloads

Edited by SemperFi91, 14 March 2018 - 12:21 PM.

Ping G400 - 9*
Ping G30 - 17*

Ping G400 - 19*
Ping G30 - 22*

Ping G30 - 25*
Srixon Z765 5-PW - Steel Fiber i95 shaft
Cleveland RTX-3 - 54 and 58
Scotty Cameron X5 34" with 20g weights

16

#77 bigred90gt

bigred90gt

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68580
  • Joined: 11/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 1239

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

View PostCwing, on 02 March 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

When I’m on wrx she asks if I’m communicating with my “imaginary friends”.

My EX wife used to refer to the friends I made through various websites as my “internet boyfriends”.

17

#78 Millbrook

Millbrook

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216859
  • Joined: 12/20/2012
  • Location:East Yorkshire UK
GolfWRX Likes : 473

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

My wife doesn't object to me playing and practicing but has no interest in golf, doesn't understand it and I've given up trying to tell her when something good to exceptional has happened in a game.

Yet before I go out I get - 'Bring me back an albatross'.

Me (once)  - Yeah I'd be happy with a flipping birdie.

Her - but an albatross is a bird.
All comments are made from the point of
view of my learning and not a claim
to expertise.

18

#79 Hrlyrdr22

Hrlyrdr22

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124553
  • Joined: 03/14/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

Ok Ill bite:

Don't come home drunk again!

19

#80 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 5318

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:23 PM

" if you put as much effort into your love life as you do golf, you probably wouldn't have been married three times "

Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Srixon 785's  w/G P MCC plus 4
Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace SNYPER II   46"
Oregon Ducks Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 sigep1967

sigep1967

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2655
  • Joined: 07/14/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:49 PM

Just texted the wife "I am going to hit balls after work"
she texted back "I figured"

21

#82 dhartmann34

dhartmann34

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51852
  • Joined: 03/20/2008
  • Location:Chicago, IL
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

Me after golf early one afternoon last year: Drinking wine already wife? Pretty early isn't it?

Wife: Let's focus on the important things. How many times did you get the ball in the goal today.

�

22

#83 gripandrip

gripandrip

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121337
  • Joined: 01/30/2011
  • Location:MI
GolfWRX Likes : 276

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

I am one of those poor golfers that after many years of playing golf, have never had a hole in one. Close many times, but no cigar. My wife took up golf about 5 years ago and plays in a league with her friends. Nothing too serious. We were playing together last year and she cans a par 3 from about 125 yards. Her comment. "See, it's not so hard. I don't why you have never done that"

Yep. Still married, but it was touch and go for a few minutes.

View Post2putttom, on 14 March 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

" if you put as much effort into your love life as you do golf, you probably wouldn't have been married three times "

Ouch.

23

#84 D0ch0l1d4y

D0ch0l1d4y

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122916
  • Joined: 02/23/2011
  • Location:Kansas City Metro
GolfWRX Likes : 303

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

View Postgripandrip, on 14 March 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

I am one of those poor golfers that after many years of playing golf, have never had a hole in one. Close many times, but no cigar. My wife took up golf about 5 years ago and plays in a league with her friends. Nothing too serious. We were playing together last year and she cans a par 3 from about 125 yards. Her comment. "See, it's not so hard. I don't why you have never done that"

Yep. Still married, but it was touch and go for a few minutes.

View Post2putttom, on 14 March 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

" if you put as much effort into your love life as you do golf, you probably wouldn't have been married three times "

Ouch.

No ace for me either. 31 years and counting...most of which spent between a +2 and a 4 HC.

I was playing with my dad and 2 brothers with my GF riding along. I s*** you not the 1st swing my then-girlfriend-now-wife ever took on a real golf course she banked a persimmon 4-wood off the pin on a par 3 from 130 (she rode along the first hole and didn't want to hit any as it was "too long"). Stayed on the lip. I told her if that had gone in she'd have had to find her own ride home.

24

#85 Chewey85

Chewey85

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481436
  • Joined: 09/09/2017
  • Location:Charlotte NC
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostD0ch0l1d4y, on 14 March 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

View Postgripandrip, on 14 March 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

I am one of those poor golfers that after many years of playing golf, have never had a hole in one. Close many times, but no cigar. My wife took up golf about 5 years ago and plays in a league with her friends. Nothing too serious. We were playing together last year and she cans a par 3 from about 125 yards. Her comment. "See, it's not so hard. I don't why you have never done that"

Yep. Still married, but it was touch and go for a few minutes.

View Post2putttom, on 14 March 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

" if you put as much effort into your love life as you do golf, you probably wouldn't have been married three times "

Ouch.

No ace for me either. 31 years and counting...most of which spent between a +2 and a 4 HC.

I was playing with my dad and 2 brothers with my GF riding along. I s*** you not the 1st swing my then-girlfriend-now-wife ever took on a real golf course she banked a persimmon 4-wood off the pin on a par 3 from 130 (she rode along the first hole and didn't want to hit any as it was "too long"). Stayed on the lip. I told her if that had gone in she'd have had to find her own ride home.


Harsh.... I would probably have said the same thing though lol


25

#86 Rapatt95

Rapatt95

    wow

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406840
  • Joined: 12/27/2015
  • Location:Pa
  • Handicap:lol
GolfWRX Likes : 293

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

View PostJFitz357, on 12 March 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

My wife tells me I the only man in the world who owns more putters than socks.

full disclosure.....after an EBay fire sale I now only own 3
I don't think that's going to be enough socks

Edit: After continuing through this thread I have become disappointed to learn that someone has beaten me to this illustrious joke. Maybe next time :sorry:

Edited by Rapatt95, 15 March 2018 - 08:46 PM.

Callaway XR16 9* Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
Adams Tight Lies Tour 18* 5w Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
Cobra T-Rail 19* 3H Aldila Tour Green ATX75x
Ben Hogan PTx 22*-46* C-Taper Lite 115x (Thank you GolfWRX and Ben Hogan!)
Vokey SM5 50* 58* DG Wedge
Ping iWi Anser

26

#87 callawayjay

callawayjay

    Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107900
  • Joined: 05/13/2010
  • Location:Ft. Worth, TX
  • Handicap:5.9
  • Ebay ID:callawayjay
GolfWRX Likes : 751

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 13 March 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

For me being a Tiger fan my wife gives me #TeamElin whenever she sees Tiger on Tv

Well. He is a tool.

But thatís funny. You should do #metoo

27

#88 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17498

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

So this guy gets home really late.

"Where were you?!", his wife exclaimed. The husband hesitates...

"Well, I have to be honest. I was with a hooker."

"Liar! You played another 18!"
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

28

#89 halliedog

halliedog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30624
  • Joined: 06/03/2007
  • Location:Akron OH
  • Handicap:5.2
GolfWRX Likes : 651

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

Wife:  "You're playing golf this morning aren't you?"

Husband:  "I was, but's it's pretty cold out this morning.  I was thinking we could just stay in bed and have sex?"

Wife:  "Don't forget to take an extra sweater and hand warmers!"
WITB:
TM M1 8.5* w/ Aldila Rip Alpha 45.5
Ping TiSi Tec 7.5* w/ Elements Chrome 43"
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW
Nevada Golf Guy 53-08 w/ KBS Tour V X
TM "Un-Ghosted" Tour 880

29

#90 TheShaun

TheShaun

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96319
  • Joined: 10/11/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 225

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:47 PM

View PostJFitz357, on 12 March 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

My wife tells me I the only man in the world who owns more putters than socks.

full disclosure.....after an EBay fire sale I now only own 3

is that 3 pairs of socks or 3 individual socks?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors