Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 3 votes

2018 Titleist AVX Golf Balls


946 replies to this topic

#871 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 6976

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:30 AM

 deadsolid...shank, on 18 September 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

...my Snell Red (in yellow, still need to do something about that name!)

[laughs out loud]

Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#872 Spoe

Spoe

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29114
  • Joined: 05/18/2007
  • Location:Dix Hills, NY
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

 North Butte, on 15 September 2018 - 05:54 AM, said:

 nsxguy, on 14 September 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

North Butte was kind enough to post an eBay "auction" for 2 dozen AVX for $75 and I bought 2 dozen.

I'm in Florida. They should last me through the beginning of next year (Thanks again NB)

You are welcome.

I bought from that guy (even though I had some still on the shelf) and promptly went like three rounds in a row without losing a ball. I was starting to think maybe I needn't have bothered. Then I lost four in one round as was like, "Damn, glad I didn't pay full price!"


I placed an order for 2 dozen as well from that guy last Monday. Today I received this from him:


I am writing to you concerning your order which was ordered . At this time we were able to completed your order well and ready to ship but since then we have heard from our supplier that the warehouse was burnt so the goods in there is being damaged. This means that we can not ship the item to you ontime. Therefore, could you please help me to cancel this order and find another seller to get this item?
I hope that you will not be bothered by this situation and continue to support us in the future.
If there is any further information you need, please contact us. Thank you so much for you order and we all hope you have a good day!
Your sincerely!  


I'm down to a single AVX in the bag, so retail it is.

Edited by Spoe, 18 September 2018 - 09:58 AM.

Ping G400 Max 9°

Callaway BB Alpha 816 16°

Callaway Apex Hybrids 20/23°

Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-9
Cleveland RTX3 46/50/54/58
°

Taylormade Ardmore 2

2

#873 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 6976

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:21 AM

Mine were dropshipped straight from Titleist. I think there was no warehouse fire. More likely Titleist cut him off when they noticed he was selling them for 30% less than MAP.

Edited by North Butte, 18 September 2018 - 10:27 AM.

Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

3

#874 Spoe

Spoe

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29114
  • Joined: 05/18/2007
  • Location:Dix Hills, NY
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:29 AM

 North Butte, on 18 September 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Mine were dropshipped straight from Titleist. I think there was no warehouse fire. More likely Titleist cut him off when they noticed he was selling them for 30% less than MAP.

Agree 100%.
Ping G400 Max 9°

Callaway BB Alpha 816 16°

Callaway Apex Hybrids 20/23°

Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-9
Cleveland RTX3 46/50/54/58
°

Taylormade Ardmore 2

4

#875 Pulledabill

Pulledabill

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478786
  • Joined: 08/13/2017
  • Location:Keizer, OR
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:55 PM

Played a few holes with my 82 year old buddy today who shot his age the other day. He pulled his normal ball a bit so I tossed him an AVX to try. He was 165 to a back pin and ran it straight as an arrow, 5 feet past the hole, and sank the putt. He said "thats an AV what"?


5

#876 gvogel

gvogel

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37680
  • Joined: 08/19/2007
  • Location:Western NY
  • Ebay ID:dbvogey
GolfWRX Likes : 2127

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

 Pulledabill, on 19 September 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

Played a few holes with my 82 year old buddy today who shot his age the other day. He pulled his normal ball a bit so I tossed him an AVX to try. He was 165 to a back pin and ran it straight as an arrow, 5 feet past the hole, and sank the putt. He said "thats an AV what"?

Next thing you know, he'll buy a computer, learn to surf the internet, frequent this site and be learning all our secrets.  You have created a monster.
On Sundays, I used to play hickory

6

#877 artist08

artist08

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50990
  • Joined: 03/08/2008
  • Location:Hermitage, PA
  • Handicap:0.4
  • Ebay ID:artist08
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:30 PM

Hole in one tonight with a yellow AVX!!!!!

7

#878 jamie

jamie

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2963
  • Joined: 07/17/2005
  • Location:Washington
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 331

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:04 PM

 artist08, on 27 September 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Hole in one tonight with a yellow AVX!!!!!
Congrats!!! Awesome!!
PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G400 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I200 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING Cadence Ketsch TR CB 35"

8

#879 artist08

artist08

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50990
  • Joined: 03/08/2008
  • Location:Hermitage, PA
  • Handicap:0.4
  • Ebay ID:artist08
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:07 PM

 jamie, on 27 September 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

 artist08, on 27 September 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Hole in one tonight with a yellow AVX!!!!!
Congrats!!! Awesome!!

Thanks!  That makes #4.  Tonight, like two of the others were uphill greens where I could’nt actually see it go in.

9

#880 tbowles411

tbowles411

    So this just happened! We can barely believe it!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 24,380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 6358

Posted 28 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

 artist08, on 27 September 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Hole in one tonight with a yellow AVX!!!!!
Sweet!  Congrats!

PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E
Ball: Titelist AVX

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#881 artist08

artist08

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50990
  • Joined: 03/08/2008
  • Location:Hermitage, PA
  • Handicap:0.4
  • Ebay ID:artist08
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:30 PM

Thanks again!

11

#882 larryd3

larryd3

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4957
  • Joined: 08/10/2005
  • Location:Tampa, FL
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:ldavisstew
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:28 PM

 artist08, on 27 September 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Hole in one tonight with a yellow AVX!!!!!

Congratulations!
TM M4
Epic 15*
816 H1 19*
816 H1 24*
718 AP2s 5-PW with Steelfiber shafts or Apex CF16 5-PW
48* SM6 F
54* SM6 M
60* bent to 58* SM6 K
Evnroll ER8

12

#883 Tanner25

Tanner25

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,054 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 402

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

Found an AVX today, looking forward to putting it in play. Just have putted with it and was surprised how soft it felt compared to a Prov1 and x

13

#884 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1826

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:57 PM

 Tanner25, on 29 September 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Found an AVX today, looking forward to putting it in play. Just have putted with it and was surprised how soft it felt compared to a Prov1 and x

If you've been reading this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you shouldn't have been,,,,,,,,,,,, :D
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff

Titleist 816 AP-1 5-PW, DGS300
Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64*

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
Titleist AVX

14

#885 ChrisGio315

ChrisGio315

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195398
  • Joined: 07/30/2012
  • Location:Revere, MA
  • Handicap:17
  • Ebay ID:Daysgobye
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:36 AM

I've experimented with all of the Titleist balls as well as a few others (TP5, Chrome Soft, Kirkland, etc.) and the AVX tops them all for me. Really hoping Titleist doesn't discontinue or change it in any drastic way in the years to come....

Titleist 917D2
Titleist 917F2
Titleist 818H1
Titleist 718 AP1
Titelist SM6 Vokey
Custom Newport Select 2.5
Titleist AVX

WITB - http://www.golfwrx.c...tb-chrisgio315/

15

#886 Chilli9880

Chilli9880

    #adiZero

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200275
  • Joined: 08/27/2012
  • Location:Erie, PA
GolfWRX Likes : 208

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:30 PM

So I actually took the time to read all 30 pages of this thread over the past couple days... I must say the arguing and bickering is almost worse than Taylormade Driver vs Callaway Driver discussions or "What's the best shaft out there" discussions on here. I don't understand why guys feel the need to be argumentative or outright negative on a Golf forum... Let a guy (or gal) share their experience, their observations and feedback and then leave them alone... sheesh. This whole subject/topic could've been maybe 6-7 pages... Ok, rant over.

I traded a sleeve of Pro V1x's with a friend for a sleeve of these because I've been wanting to try them all year long. The fact a sleeve lasted me 3 weeks/8-9 18 hole rounds is a miracle, very pleased with the ball. I'll keep it short and sweet. My Pros and Cons are listed below.

Pros:
- Goes further. It just does. Played in both hard & super soft conditions. Flies further and rolls out more with the Woods. Iron shots into a green held great.  
- Great dealing with the wind. Had a few shots where the wind should have effected the ball and this just went through it. Happy with that.
- Love the feel and sound off all clubs. Driver and Putter especially.
- Has short game control. When I first used, this ball did roll by the hole more than I thought it would. That's on me, not the ball. When I got used to it, it has the control I wanted.
- Super Durable! The first one I used, at the end of the round I was surprised the shape it was in. I hit a tree and my wedges do a number on the ProV1x's I use. After the round I look and thought, heck, I'll be able to use this again for sure.

Cons:
- price
- Price
- PRICE! Exactly why it took me so long to try this ball out. Had I found one, would've tried it earlier.

Overall - I really like this ball and definitely want to play more with it. My first reaction is that it's a more durable V1/V1x. Sure spins less with chipping 50 yards and in, but I'll take the trade any day for a hack like me. Saying that, I know I'm cheap in a sense so I'm not going to run out and buy a dozen for $48 or a sleeve for $13. I'll be keeping an eye out for any trades or deals/liquidation. Otherwise I'll look to pick up some slightly used ones at the Cleveland Golf Show in February. Ball Grade is A to A+ for me.
'16 Taylormade M2 9*, Fujikura Atmos Black 6S
'16 Taylormade M2 15*, Fujikura Atmos Black 7X
'16 Taylormade M2 18*, Fujikura Atmos Black 8TX
'16 Titleist T-MB 4, 5 & 6, MB 7-PW, TI DG AMT X100
Titleist Vokey Forged 50, 56, 62, TI DG S400
Titleist SC Select Squareback '14
Titleist AVX, Titleist Cart Bag

16

#887 gatorMD

gatorMD

    Hacker-in-Chief

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487980
  • Joined: 12/03/2017
  • Location:St. Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 2344

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:09 AM

 Chilli9880, on 05 October 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

So I actually took the time to read all 30 pages of this thread over the past couple days... I must say the arguing and bickering is almost worse than Taylormade Driver vs Callaway Driver discussions or "What's the best shaft out there" discussions on here. I don't understand why guys feel the need to be argumentative or outright negative on a Golf forum... Let a guy (or gal) share their experience, their observations and feedback and then leave them alone... sheesh. This whole subject/topic could've been maybe 6-7 pages... Ok, rant over.

I traded a sleeve of Pro V1x's with a friend for a sleeve of these because I've been wanting to try them all year long. The fact a sleeve lasted me 3 weeks/8-9 18 hole rounds is a miracle, very pleased with the ball. I'll keep it short and sweet. My Pros and Cons are listed below.

Pros:
- Goes further. It just does. Played in both hard & super soft conditions. Flies further and rolls out more with the Woods. Iron shots into a green held great.  
- Great dealing with the wind. Had a few shots where the wind should have effected the ball and this just went through it. Happy with that.
- Love the feel and sound off all clubs. Driver and Putter especially.
- Has short game control. When I first used, this ball did roll by the hole more than I thought it would. That's on me, not the ball. When I got used to it, it has the control I wanted.
- Super Durable! The first one I used, at the end of the round I was surprised the shape it was in. I hit a tree and my wedges do a number on the ProV1x's I use. After the round I look and thought, heck, I'll be able to use this again for sure.

Cons:
- price
- Price
- PRICE! Exactly why it took me so long to try this ball out. Had I found one, would've tried it earlier.

Overall - I really like this ball and definitely want to play more with it. My first reaction is that it's a more durable V1/V1x. Sure spins less with chipping 50 yards and in, but I'll take the trade any day for a hack like me. Saying that, I know I'm cheap in a sense so I'm not going to run out and buy a dozen for $48 or a sleeve for $13. I'll be keeping an eye out for any trades or deals/liquidation. Otherwise I'll look to pick up some slightly used ones at the Cleveland Golf Show in February. Ball Grade is A to A+ for me.

agree 100%.  besides cost a really nice addition to their line up.
Driver: Ping G400Max 9 Tour DI 7
3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/20 Blueboard
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW Tour V
Wedges: SM6 50F and 54S; SM5 60K DG
Putter: Odyssey White Hot RX Rossie Putter
Ball: Titleist AVX
Grips: Grip Master Leather

17

#888 Bobb3rdown

Bobb3rdown

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 501346
  • Joined: 05/09/2018
  • Location:Renton, WA
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:55 AM

A few more rounds with the avx in the books. Love this ball more and more every round. And for those worried about spin. I was able to spin a 9 iron back at least 15 feet on a par 3 yesterday. Granted the greens are very soft and slightly sloped back to front. I was very surprised it spun so much. Spun myself out of some KP money. Also have only lost 1 ball in the last 6 rounds. Not to shabby.
Titleist 910D3 8.5
Titleist 917f2 15°
Titleist 816h2 19°
Titleist Ap2 716 4-gw
Cleveland rtx3 54,58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6

18

#889 smashdn

smashdn

    Let's cut them trees down.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55877
  • Joined: 05/15/2008
  • Location:KY
GolfWRX Likes : 354

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

I rarely head into this corner of the forums but glad I did.

After skipping around a few pages in this thread it seems that others have come to the conclusions I have as well.

First thing, I got the typical un-marked box of Titleist test balls last fall.  And in typical Titleist test ball fashion they arrive some time in November when I have long put away the clubs and taken to hunting season.  I saw these things (mine were the optic yellow color) and thought they were one of the cheaper versions attempting to slide into the rising colored ball market similar to a Volvik.  I did not actually start playing the ball until this spring after I had purchased a sleeve of white AVX to try.  When I compared my test balls to the AVX it was then that it dawned on me that I was sent the yellow version AVX to trial.

According to Titleist these are supposed to have a lower flight, I have found that to be untrue for me, off the driver at least.  Off my irons I notice no difference between a regular ProV1.
The AVX is softer by far and has a softer feel.  I liken it to a Chrome Soft.  I really like the Chrome Softs.
I experienced what others have stated about durability.  I can make a single ball last multiple rounds provided I don't lose it, and typically I don't lose these as they behave better for me.
I have also experienced less around the green spin.  I am a low spin generating guy anyway.  For whatever reason I can't get a ball to back up so best I can hope for is hit and release less than a few feet.  These release just a hair bit more.
I am not a good enough putter to tell you the difference with the flat stick between balls.  They are round and the roll, that is about where my ability takes me.

Overall I really, really like them.  However, I can't justify $5 a piece (by the time you buy at pro shop rack rate and tack on the tax) balls.  ProV's are a stretch for my game and I will likely continue to play the Chrome Soft at $39/doz.

19

#890 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1826

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:20 PM

 smashdn, on 09 October 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

I rarely head into this corner of the forums but glad I did.

After skipping around a few pages in this thread it seems that others have come to the conclusions I have as well.

First thing, I got the typical un-marked box of Titleist test balls last fall.  And in typical Titleist test ball fashion they arrive some time in November when I have long put away the clubs and taken to hunting season.  I saw these things (mine were the optic yellow color) and thought they were one of the cheaper versions attempting to slide into the rising colored ball market similar to a Volvik.  I did not actually start playing the ball until this spring after I had purchased a sleeve of white AVX to try.  When I compared my test balls to the AVX it was then that it dawned on me that I was sent the yellow version AVX to trial.

According to Titleist these are supposed to have a lower flight, I have found that to be untrue for me, off the driver at least.  Off my irons I notice no difference between a regular ProV1.
The AVX is softer by far and has a softer feel.  I liken it to a Chrome Soft.  I really like the Chrome Softs.
I experienced what others have stated about durability.  I can make a single ball last multiple rounds provided I don't lose it, and typically I don't lose these as they behave better for me.
I have also experienced less around the green spin.  I am a low spin generating guy anyway.  For whatever reason I can't get a ball to back up so best I can hope for is hit and release less than a few feet.  These release just a hair bit more.
I am not a good enough putter to tell you the difference with the flat stick between balls.  They are round and the roll, that is about where my ability takes me.

Overall I really, really like them.  However, I can't justify $5 a piece (by the time you buy at pro shop rack rate and tack on the tax) balls.  ProV's are a stretch for my game and I will likely continue to play the Chrome Soft at $39/doz.

75 cents per ball (round ?)

As the younguns say

smh

Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff

Titleist 816 AP-1 5-PW, DGS300
Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64*

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
Titleist AVX

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#891 ginrin

ginrin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35708
  • Joined: 07/27/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

Wow how good for me is the AVX ball. In the cooler times I tend to switch to cheaper and lower compression balls. I've used in the last few weeks Srixon soft Feel,Q Star,Q Star Tour,TM ProjectA,Callaway Chrome soft, and Kirkland 3 pc. Went back to the AVX and my distance came back and so did my consistency.No more coming up short or hooking too much but a nice trajectory and distance and the putts seem to roll so much more on line. Enough of this switching around and I'll just play the AVX until something beats it out of my bag.JMHO

21

#892 Bobb3rdown

Bobb3rdown

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 501346
  • Joined: 05/09/2018
  • Location:Renton, WA
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:44 PM

 ginrin, on 29 October 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Wow how good for me is the AVX ball. In the cooler times I tend to switch to cheaper and lower compression balls. I've used in the last few weeks Srixon soft Feel,Q Star,Q Star Tour,TM ProjectA,Callaway Chrome soft, and Kirkland 3 pc. Went back to the AVX and my distance came back and so did my consistency.No more coming up short or hooking too much but a nice trajectory and distance and the putts seem to roll so much more on line. Enough of this switching around and I'll just play the AVX until something beats it out of my bag.JMHO
same for me. Every round I've played with it has gotten better. And with how soft it is now that the rains have finally showed up, it's stopping very close to its pitch. Even with long irons. Will continue to play it.
Titleist 910D3 8.5
Titleist 917f2 15°
Titleist 816h2 19°
Titleist Ap2 716 4-gw
Cleveland rtx3 54,58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6

22

#893 lawsonman

lawsonman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171857
  • Joined: 03/29/2012
  • Location:Freeport, Illinois
  • Handicap:None
  • Ebay ID:pingguy1970
GolfWRX Likes : 3879

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:51 AM

 Pulledabill, on 19 September 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

Played a few holes with my 82 year old buddy today who shot his age the other day. He pulled his normal ball a bit so I tossed him an AVX to try. He was 165 to a back pin and ran it straight as an arrow, 5 feet past the hole, and sank the putt. He said "thats an AV what"?

I've never heard of a ball that "pulls" :huh:
Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
Ping Anser 16.5
Ping Anser 20,23 Hybrid
Ping G30 5 & 6 Hybrid
Ping  S56, 7- GW
KZG Forged 60*
Ping Piper S Redwood
Ping DLX Bag

23

#894 Downtime

Downtime

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 501082
  • Joined: 05/06/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

I found one the other day and finished my round with it (that was a miracle in itself lol). It was surprisingly good. I will buy a sleeve to try out over the next few weeks.

24

#895 BiggErn

BiggErn

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
  • Joined: 08/17/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 887

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

 lawsonman, on 30 October 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

 Pulledabill, on 19 September 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

Played a few holes with my 82 year old buddy today who shot his age the other day. He pulled his normal ball a bit so I tossed him an AVX to try. He was 165 to a back pin and ran it straight as an arrow, 5 feet past the hole, and sank the putt. He said "thats an AV what"?

I've never heard of a ball that "pulls" :huh:

I heard it skips on water better too.


25

#896 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1338

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:03 PM

I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!

26

#897 jcg132

jcg132

    PTPOTCW

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428230
  • Joined: 06/07/2016
  • Ebay ID:jcg132
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:24 PM

 SwooshLT, on 30 October 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!

Try the Wilson Duo Urethane. Won’t be disappointed.
Tour Issue Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero "L Stamp" 8° - Aldila SYNERGY Black Graphene Tour PROTO 60 TX (44.5", D4.5)
Callaway Rogue 15° - Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI CK Pro White 70 Stiff (42.75", Tipped 0.5", 1.0° Flat, D6)
Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 19.8° -
Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI CK Pro White 70 Stiff (42.0", Tipped 0.5", 1.0° Flat, D6)
Tour Issue Callaway Epic Hybrid 23° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 Stiff (D4)
PXG 0311 P GEN2 5-7 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (D4)
PXG 0311 T GEN2 8-9 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D4)
PXG 0311 T GEN2 PW - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D5)
Vokey SM6 Raw 50.08°F - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", D5.5)
Vokey SM6 Raw 55.09°S - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", D6)
Vokey SM6 Raw 60.08°M - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", D6.5)
Scotty Cameron 009M Carbon - 34", 3.5°, 70°



Kirkland Signature / Wilson Staff Duo Urethane
Golf Pride MCC Plus4
FootJoy Pure Touch Limited
Sun Mountain C130S


WITB

27

#898 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1338

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:47 PM

 jcg132, on 30 October 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

 SwooshLT, on 30 October 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!

Try the Wilson Duo Urethane. Won’t be disappointed.


I have, I was.....sadly....got 2 dozen at a great price.... AVX vs QST shootout!

28

#899 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:48 PM

 SwooshLT, on 30 October 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

 jcg132, on 30 October 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

 SwooshLT, on 30 October 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!

Try the Wilson Duo Urethane. Won't be disappointed.


I have, I was.....sadly....got 2 dozen at a great price.... AVX vs QST shootout!
2nd gen QST is great!
Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

29

#900 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1338

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:59 PM

 Break81, on 30 October 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

 SwooshLT, on 30 October 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

 jcg132, on 30 October 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

 SwooshLT, on 30 October 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!

Try the Wilson Duo Urethane. Won't be disappointed.


I have, I was.....sadly....got 2 dozen at a great price.... AVX vs QST shootout!
2nd gen QST is great!

Trying a dozen starting tomorrow! 1st gen felt a little more muted when chipping and putting....2nd gen was a shade clicky....but I've heard driver 2nd gen is lower spin...can you add anything else?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors