Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

So frustrating being 9 hole golfer over 18 holes!!!

33 replies to this topic

#1 bunkered

bunkered

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 331725
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:18 AM

I just cannot work out what goes wrong!!so many times this season Ive gone really low on the front 9 and then the wheels inevitably fall off on the back 9.. I know it happens to us all but I seem to have gotten into this rut where I almost expect it to happen when I have a good front 9. I think i have just got to accept I'm a Jekyll and Hyde golfer.. I can go and shoot 37-39 front then blow up with a 46-48.

I don't feel like I'm swinging the club any differently at the turn but i start to spray the ball all over the place with no confidence in my swing at all..  Anyone else here have the back 9 yips? How did you solve it? Apart from just playing 9 holes :taunt:

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 CHKN

CHKN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451948
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:09 AM

I am the reverse of that.

Got a love golf

#3 Ryan3773

Ryan3773

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494220
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

Iíve found that eating throughout the round and drinking as much water as possible has helped me finish stronger. I just bring a bag of almonds, some crackers, beef jerky, etc for every few holes. Oh and sunflower seeds constantly.

Also, maybe youíre mentally burning out after 9? Like youíre so focused on the front that youíve got nothing left on the back? Try taking yourself out of focus between shots. I like to look for balls while Iím walking, look at things in nature, or just talk BS with my playing partner.

#4 vaca22

vaca22

Commander In Beef

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46965
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

I enjoy playing 9...a LOT.  I bet over my life that 80% of the rounds I've played have been 9 hole rounds.  And I think the reason I like it so much is that I always WALK 9 holes.

There is something about WALKING that makes me play better.  Maybe it's the time in between shots to appreciate the scenery and contemplate the meaning of life, I don't know.  What I do know is that every time I'm playing 18, which is 99.9% in a cart, I feel rushed as hell.  Driving around all over the place trying to track down balls, zipping back and forth, less time to think in between shots...I don't care for it.  The last 9 are the worst.

That being said, walking 18 is really tough unless you're in shape.  I had an amazing round going once, I was +1 after 15...then the wheels came off.  I played the next 3 holes +5, fatigue definitely had set in.

#5 MrJones

MrJones

Waiting for the weekend...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 872

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

This is just me but I used to do the same thing. I eventually noticed that if I had a horrible front 9, I'd shoot great on the back.

It's a mental block and thinking too much about overall score. It was very hard to do but eventually I got myself to think hole by hole and even better: shot by shot.

On really hot/humid days (I walk) fatigue will get me on the last few holes. I sweat really bad and can't seem to keep hydrated not matter how hard I try.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
TM RAC MB 3-PW
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*   
Odyssey White Ice 1

#6 wkuo3

wkuo3

RELEASE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20890
  • Handicap:11.2
GolfWRX Likes : 342

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

View Postbunkered, on 28 February 2018 - 04:18 AM, said:

I just cannot work out what goes wrong!!so many times this season Ive gone really low on the front 9 and then the wheels inevitably fall off on the back 9.. I know it happens to us all but I seem to have gotten into this rut where I almost expect it to happen when I have a good front 9. I think i have just got to accept I'm a Jekyll and Hyde golfer.. I can go and shoot 37-39 front then blow up with a 46-48.

I don't feel like I'm swinging the club any differently at the turn but i start to spray the ball all over the place with no confidence in my swing at all..  Anyone else here have the back 9 yips? How did you solve it? Apart from just playing 9 holes :taunt:

Fortify your physical condition.  You were tired in the back nine.  Pick up other activity like walking 3-5 miles a day after dinner, swimming laps 2-3 times a week. yoga, or weight lifting for conditioning.  
You want to have a good game for 18 then you must have the physical condition to go at least 36 or more.

#7 clp34vmp

clp34vmp

Sonja Henie Is Out

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85237
  • Handicap:7.7
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

I'm in the same boat - when I shoot a great front 9, I inevitably tighten up and have one or two card-wreckers on the back. Not sure why. It's not like I'm playing for large sums of money or playing in important tournaments. The right attitude would be to just enjoy it because I'm only out there for fun anyway, but when I know I'm in the middle of a good round I suddenly start putting extra pressure on myself and often things things then start coming apart.

#8 gdb99

gdb99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12032
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:burrdie99
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:01 PM

Itís not easy, but stop thinking about your score.
Itís just like the guys on tv. You hear the announcers saying how a player in the lead starts playing defensively. You have to just take one shot at a time and swing the best you can.
There will be a day when you have a bad front 9 and shoot a personal best on the back!!
Cobra King LTD, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 stiff
Titleist 917F 16.5, Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Cleveland DST 3 hybrid, Diamana Redboard regular
Titliest 712 AP1, 4-GW, Dynalite XP R300
Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54*
Callaway Mac Daddy PM Black 58*
Odyssey #2

#9 SurfDuffer

SurfDuffer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123677
  • Location:A long Par 5 from the Atlantic Ocean and a long Par 3 from the Bay.
GolfWRX Likes : 942

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:59 PM

I primarily walk.  I'm usually good for 15 holes and then the legs start to give out.  I've been even par through 15 only to blow up on the last 3 holes several times.  Once the legs give out my swing goes to poo.

Titleist 915 D2 60gX Rogue Silver
Titleist 906F2 13* ProForce V2 90gX
Titleist 690mb 2-P  6.0PX
Titleist Vokey 52* and 58*
SeeMore FPG Putter

#10 Big Ben

Big Ben

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,606 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 985

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

Play the back nine first!

Irons: 3/10 Edel carbon RAW, Fourteen FH-1000
Drivers: Ping G400
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's  
Putter: Toulon Indianapolis
Balls: 2017 B330s

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Wriggles

Wriggles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212649
GolfWRX Likes : 5343

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:55 AM

Playing alone on a relatively empty course, I can walk 18, and my two nine hole scores are very similar, unless a blow up hole is involved.  But playing 18 with three others on a crowded course is just torture.  At hole 12 or 13, I think how much longer can I endure it.  Concentration is lost.  At this point, I just want to be finished.

And I always walk.  Riding makes 18 more intolerable.

#12 andrue

andrue

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458618
  • Handicap:22
GolfWRX Likes : 264

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:09 AM

I used to have that problem. The answer was to eat half way round. So I now take sandwiches with me. Nothing special just jam, honey or Marmite. I also take a flask of chilled(*) water with me but I always did that anyway.

(*)Yes, even during winter. I love drinking cold water. From the tap, mind. You won't catch me wasting money on bottled water.

Edited by andrue, 01 March 2018 - 07:15 AM.

Callaway XR Driver.
Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
Cleveland 60* LW
Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).

#13 andrue

andrue

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458618
  • Handicap:22
GolfWRX Likes : 264

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:14 AM

View Postvaca22, on 28 February 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

That being said, walking 18 is really tough unless you're in shape.
Not if you use a trolley. At least..I don't think so. I'm 51 and walking 18 holes even pushing a trolley is no big deal. I do normally have an electric trolley but had to resort to an old push trolley when it was getting serviced earlier this year and it didn't bother me. Having the battery die half way round last Sunday was no big deal either. 18 holes carrying would be less easy but only because my back is out of condition.

Maybe it's a sign of the times but I go for a 4+ mile walk every lunch time just as a break from work. I'd consider anyone unable to push a trolley around 18 holes to be unfit. There are guys in their 60s carrying at our club comps.

Edited by andrue, 01 March 2018 - 07:20 AM.

Callaway XR Driver.
Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
Cleveland 60* LW
Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).

#14 bunkered

bunkered

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 331725
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:18 PM

Thank you for all the input folks, it's very much appreciated.. I do think it may actually be down to fatigue as I normally only have a banana during my round.. Sometimes I only have a bottle of water.. Ive never been a big eater in the morning and that's normally when I play most of my rounds.

Its the first round of pennants for me this weekend so I'll be making sure my golf bag is full of goodies to keep me going over the morning..

#15 Wriggles

Wriggles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:34 AM

One other thing to mention regarding walking 18.  Minimalist golf makes it a lot easier.  Carrying 5-8 clubs in a Sunday bag is much easier than using a trolley.  Try it, most guys score the same or better as with a full set.  I went minimalist twenty years ago, gave away my trolleys and staff bags, and never looked back.

A Jones type of bag, and 5-8 clubs is a joy to carry.

#16 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

We are spirits in a material world

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12656

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:17 AM

I am usually the opposite. Since I usually jump out of my car onto the first tee it usually takes me 3 or 4 or sometimes 8 holes just to get my head right and get a grasp on my swing so my front 9 can be an adventure. Then I settle in and have a decent back 9.
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

#17 caniac6

caniac6

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222453
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1903

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:14 AM

Mabye you just put pressure on yourself with high expectations after a good front 9. Stop worrying about your score, and just play.

#18 scomac2002

scomac2002

Inside the Starters' Hut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109841
GolfWRX Likes : 12342

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:35 AM

I walk 90% of my rounds of which 2/3 are 9 hole outings.  I use a trolley with a full bag, but will carry a Sunday bag if playing a short set -- usually 8 clubs.  There is no difference in scoring when playing a short set on my regular tracts.

As far as scoring is concerned, I can't say that I'm better or worse on the front or back with any degree of consistency, but there will generally be a difference on any given round be it due to difficulty getting loose or fatigue.  Keep hydrated and avoid booze while playing.  A banana, trail mix or a power bar are good ideas as well to keep energy up.  When playing 18 I will often grab a tuna fish sandwich at the turn.

Staying fit is the key.  I curl in the off-season and walk daily, weather permitting.  I also have an exercise routine aimed at flexibility and core strength that takes 20-30 minutes to complete.  I cycle on my off days during golf season.  I used to hate exercise thinking it was such a waste of time when I could be playing something instead.  You can get away with that when you're younger, but not so much when we age.  I feel much better for the hour to hour and 20 minutes investment daily that would most likely have been spent staring at my computer.
Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

Titleist 913 D2 12° RIP Phenom 50R
Cobra Baffler F 15.5°/20° Motore 60R

TM '09 Rescue 25° ReAx 65R
Ping i25 6-PW TFC 189 R
Vokey SM 6 52/08 F grind S-200
Vokey SM 6 58/10 S grind S-200
SeeMore PTM 3
Bridgestone e5

#19 8602081

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2384
GolfWRX Likes : 509

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

opposite for me..
I usually play better on the back 9 vs front 9..

I think it's because it usually takes me 4 or 5 holes to warm up..

#20 Ferguson

Ferguson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 3792

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

View Postbunkered, on 01 March 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Thank you for all the input folks, it's very much appreciated.. I do think it may actually be down to fatigue as I normally only have a banana during my round.. Sometimes I only have a bottle of water.. Ive never been a big eater in the morning and that's normally when I play most of my rounds.

Its the first round of pennants for me this weekend so I'll be making sure my golf bag is full of goodies to keep me going over the morning..

That's your problem.  You're running out of steam.   Try hydrating the day before you play.  Also, eat something salty the night before.  It will help you to retain water.   60-70 ounces over the course of the day prior and you'll notice a remarkable difference.    Eat small snacks when you're playing.

Good luck.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 lowheel

lowheel

LOWHEEL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
GolfWRX Likes : 3091

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

As a pro and teacher i can tell you that when you become a single digit capper this happens often. As the poster below you says most people start off bad then stop caring and on the back nine and stripe it because theres no pressure. you have to get used to shooting good #s to take the next step. you have to lie to yourself a little. If you make the turn at +1 or +2 and immediately think " wow im playing great! i better not screw this up on the back" youre screwed. you have to literally talk yourself up inside yourself. you have to think hey maybe i take 1 or 2 back and shoot par! if you get used to doing this youre 18 hole scores will drop. Stay in the moment and enjoy it. I played 18 last summer with one of my students whos a 6 handicap and he shot par by doing this!! he was doing laps around the last green he was so happy. hes down to a 2 now. Shooting lower scores is a mindset. you have to believe you can do it because even if you dont youve already lost. on course attitude is the most important thing.Ive played some of my greatest tournament rounds after bogeying the first hole because i always say well thats out of the way and that will be my last bogey today. Even if I bogey another hole i dont panic or get down on myself. next time you make the turn psych yourself up to beat your best score. Dont get defensive to try and protect your score, play golf!!! have fun and enjoy. I wish you lower scores my friend

Edited by lowheel, 06 March 2018 - 03:28 PM.

#22 huskydawg

huskydawg

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86420
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:12 AM

I had the same problem.  One 9 would be good and one 9 not so good.  It could be mental as mentioned before, or food/energy related.  For me, I just plain wasn't as good as I thought I was.  Sometimes you just have to re-examine your game and fix your weaknesses to become more reliable.no matter what the conditions are or what shape you are in at the moment.  Also playing a lot helps with confidence.  If you play 3 times a week, you'll feel a little more at home and in your element on the course.
1W
5W
3 Iron
4-PW
GW
SW
LW
Putter
Ball
Glove
Bag

Sub: 3w for 5i

#23 Roody

Roody

You ride her until she bucks you or don't ride at all

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63452
  • Handicap:8.9
GolfWRX Likes : 558

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

For me it's a mentality/focus thing. If I shoot a great score on the front I find I sometimes mentally start relaxing too much when I hit the back. My mind is thinking "I got through the front and I'm in fantastic shape score-wise. Now if I screw up a hole or two it'll still be ok". Problem is, you screw up one hole, then it becomes two holes, then it becomes 4 holes, etc etc.

What works (at least for me) is I need some sort of carrot on a stick to keep my mind in the game. Usually I play my friends for a beer after the round. It's only a $5 beer, but more importantly it's bragging rights. Half the fun is getting to smirk as the bartender brings me the beer they just paid for.

If they manage to keep the match close through the first 9 holes, then I am fully engaged and I definitely play better. Problems start if I am blowing them out of the water though. Then I figure I've got a big lead and I start to ease up. However, if they are killing me I have that carrot on the stick of trying to get back into the match.

Edited by Roody, 07 March 2018 - 02:46 PM.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2
Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
Odyssey Black Series #7
Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges

#24 Lancj1

Lancj1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378618
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:Lancj1
GolfWRX Likes : 303

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:32 PM

That being said, walking 18 is really tough unless you're in shape.  I had an amazing round going once, I was +1 after 15...then the wheels came off.  I played the next 3 holes +5, fatigue definitely had set in.

I found this an odd post. Im in the UK and age 56, and think I have only been in a golf buggy twice in my life, both times when recovering from an illness. We just walk, with an electric trolley, push trolley or carrying (for the young un's)
Ping G400 SFT Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Ping G400 SFT 5 Wood
Ping G400 4 & 5 Hybrids
Ping G400 Irons, Green Dot, 6 - SW
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58* WS
Spider Tour Platinum Putter

Disclaimer*

I'm a handicap golfer in my 50's. Any opinions I have about golf equipment or professional golfers or the game in general should be taken as seriously as you would the opinions of a random guy in the fourball ahead of you who just shot 92 but is usually better than that.

#25 azkaevolution

azkaevolution

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 437630
GolfWRX Likes : 278

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

i typically play 9 holes, but usually get to warm up a bit and stretch - i'll shoot in the low to mid 40's on the 9 - normal bogey golfer...  If i'm playing 18, it's usually when i'm sneaking out of work and rushing to the course on a weekday afternoon  (i won't subject myself to 18 on a weekend).  because of this, it's typically out of the car and onto the tee...nothing goes right for the first 3-4 holes...i hit my stride for the middle 9-10 holes, and then lose steam on the final few.  drink plenty of water, have snacks, and all that...i'm just not used to being out there for 4.5-5 hours (i play at munis in a crowded area...it takes a lot longer than private club golfers)...and end up having some really lousy 90+ scores.

Edited by azkaevolution, 12 March 2018 - 05:50 PM.

Callaway GBB (2015) 10.5*, KK Black TiNi 50 R-flex 44.25"
Callaway XR 17*, Project X LZ 50 Blue 42.5"
Adams New Idea 22*, Bassara Eagle R-flex
Adams New Idea 25*, Bassara Eagle R-flex
Mizuno 2016 JPX EZ Forged, 4i-GW TT XP95 R300
Titleist SM5 Vokey 54.10 M Grind

Callaway MD2 Tour 58.09 T Grind
Odyssey Versa Black 90 V-line Superstroke

#26 Wriggles

Wriggles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:04 AM

View PostLancj1, on 11 March 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

I found this an odd post. Im in the UK and age 56, and think I have only been in a golf buggy twice in my life, both times when recovering from an illness. We just walk, with an electric trolley, push trolley or carrying (for the young un's)

Walking golf in the USA is a rare thing.  Most everyone rides today.  I always walk, mostly play solo, and I love it.

As I posted above, carrying 5-8 clubs is a joy, even at age 65.

Cheers!

#27 gvogel

gvogel

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37680
  • Ebay ID:dbvogey
GolfWRX Likes : 1676

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

Here's an idea.  Pay no attention to your scores.  Try not to think of where you stand to par.  Just keep playing shots without thinking of the consequence.  Forget about it.

Then, when you are done, add up the numbers.

I like to be delighted when I am done playing, instead of stressing about trying to break (80, par?) on the 17th tee.
On Sundays, I used to play hickory

#28 DFinch

DFinch

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82054
  • Handicap:7.9
GolfWRX Likes : 390

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

Welcome to the club. The best way to go low on the back is to blow up the front. Happens almost every time.
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 8*
Cobra Fly Z 3W 14.5*
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5*
Maltby PTM (black) 4-GW
Mizuno MP-T5 54*/58*
Evnroll ER8
Snell MTB

#29 Ghostwedge

Ghostwedge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433482
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

my nines are usually with a shot or two of each other unless i get stupid with a triple bogey or somthing. Early on i learned to not worry about my total score until the 19th hole. Sure i knew where i stood most times but you can't fret over it or be to pleased with it.
It really is one shot at a time and stay in the moment stuff that gets you playing better and more consistant.

#30 golfing_penguin

golfing_penguin

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193836
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:13 AM

Play from the ladies tees

At least a little bit. Scoring under par/breaking a barrier is a habit. Off 11 from the ladies tee-box you're going to shoot around par or under. Get used to saying that, to feeling that. Over a couple of months your subconscious will pull stuff out of your a** to make that par save here and there that you never did before

(And keep practicing 15ft and in for putting!)

Edited by golfing_penguin, 15 March 2018 - 06:13 AM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors