Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bridgestone Tour utility iron


51 replies to this topic

#31 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1563

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:34 PM

View PostBimmer1, on 06 March 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

There is an article somewhere that stated Bridgestone is currently selling only the 20 degree version in limited quantities online as a test to see if they have any kind of real market to adequately sell a driving iron in the U.S.  They have an 18 and 23/24 degree version in Japan but apparently didn't know if they could be a contender in the U.S. utility iron market so they decided on this small batch test run.  They claim that if they sold the limited online quantity fairly quick that they may consider seliing the rest of the lineup.  If not, most likely this small run of 20 degree utility irons is all we will see in the U.S.

i would be interested in an 18. i am about to buy a mizuno mp18 hifli 16 degree because i want an lazer beam club.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1691

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:18 PM

View PostQuigleyDU, on 06 March 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 06 March 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

There is an article somewhere that stated Bridgestone is currently selling only the 20 degree version in limited quantities online as a test to see if they have any kind of real market to adequately sell a driving iron in the U.S.  They have an 18 and 23/24 degree version in Japan but apparently didn't know if they could be a contender in the U.S. utility iron market so they decided on this small batch test run.  They claim that if they sold the limited online quantity fairly quick that they may consider seliing the rest of the lineup.  If not, most likely this small run of 20 degree utility irons is all we will see in the U.S.

i would be interested in an 18. i am about to buy a mizuno mp18 hifli 16 degree because i want an lazer beam club.
Can those be found in lefty anywhere? I tried and it's been tough. Would love a nice soft feel out of a UDI.
WITB
DR - '16 M2 Speeder Evo II 661 (Srixon Z785 on order)
3W - Rogue SZ Evenflow Blue 75 (F8 2kXV Blue 75 back up)
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - Cobra Trusty 54/10 Modus Wedge 115 for firm turf/Taylormade Fe2O3 56/14 DG S200 for medium & soft
LW - Cobra Trusty 60/6 Modus Wedge 115
P - Custom Oil Soaked Xenon (Odyssey O Works Tank #7 backup)
Ball - Project (a) [Testing Q Star Tour's for WRX]
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

2

#33 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 752

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Had to get the Mrs. to try to hold these so I could get a few pics alongside of a Callaway Apex UT 18 degree and Srixon U65 20 degree.

Attached Thumbnails

  • 0805E0AE-ECB0-4212-9A87-77B631E9C194.jpeg
  • 68ABE7D1-62E8-4DC0-81F8-72107424A7FA.jpeg
  • BB69EC59-ADBD-4FE8-B199-486D70EE2966.jpeg


3

#34 wavyRT

wavyRT

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356859
  • Joined: 01/06/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:21 PM

View PostBimmer1, on 06 March 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Had to get the Mrs. to try to hold these so I could get a few pics alongside of a Callaway Apex UT 18 degree and Srixon U65 20 degree.

Which do you think looks best in hand between the srixon avid bridgestone?

4

#35 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 752

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:53 PM

View PostwavyRT, on 06 March 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 06 March 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Had to get the Mrs. to try to hold these so I could get a few pics alongside of a Callaway Apex UT 18 degree and Srixon U65 20 degree.

Which do you think looks best in hand between the srixon avid bridgestone?

The Bridgestone looks very similar at address to the Srixon.  Both are bulkier utility irons.  The Bridgestone appears to have a touch less offset and maybe slightly less of the backend is seen at address on the Bridgestone.  As far as the cavity......I kind of like the Bridgestone compared to the less frills look of the Srixon.


5

#36 cmgolf

cmgolf

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73929
  • Joined: 01/27/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

View PostBimmer1, on 06 March 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

View PostwavyRT, on 06 March 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 06 March 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Had to get the Mrs. to try to hold these so I could get a few pics alongside of a Callaway Apex UT 18 degree and Srixon U65 20 degree.

Which do you think looks best in hand between the srixon avid bridgestone?

The Bridgestone looks very similar at address to the Srixon.  Both are bulkier utility irons.  The Bridgestone appears to have a touch less offset and maybe slightly less of the backend is seen at address on the Bridgestone.  As far as the cavity......I kind of like the Bridgestone compared to the less frills look of the Srixon.


Great pictures. The Bridgestone looks great. Is-it the same blade lenght as the Srixon.
I’ve ordered one but i’d like to know if you had the chance to try it ?

6

#37 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 752

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

View Postcmgolf, on 08 March 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 06 March 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

View PostwavyRT, on 06 March 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 06 March 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Had to get the Mrs. to try to hold these so I could get a few pics alongside of a Callaway Apex UT 18 degree and Srixon U65 20 degree.

Which do you think looks best in hand between the srixon avid bridgestone?

The Bridgestone looks very similar at address to the Srixon.  Both are bulkier utility irons.  The Bridgestone appears to have a touch less offset and maybe slightly less of the backend is seen at address on the Bridgestone.  As far as the cavity......I kind of like the Bridgestone compared to the less frills look of the Srixon.


Great pictures. The Bridgestone looks great. Is-it the same blade lenght as the Srixon.
Iíve ordered one but iíd like to know if you had the chance to try it ?

It is pretty close to the same blade length as the Srixon......maybe slightly shorter.  The weather didnít cooperate when I was off from work so it will be next week (hopefully) before I can try it.  I work an 84 hour night shift work week every other week.

7

#38 jokerusn

jokerusn

    nice shoes

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447
  • Joined: 04/30/2005
  • Location:Northern NJ
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:jokerusn
GolfWRX Likes : 857

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

Anyone know the hosel size for these?
M34609.5 GD TP
M33HL Tensei Pro
R15 8.8TS
7904/Z7455-9 Nippon
SM747/52F/58D/62M /DG/ KBS
Mann MA/66

(¬¬) WITB Link

8

#39 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 752

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

View Postjokerusn, on 08 March 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

Anyone know the hosel size for these?

With the KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype being the standard shaft offering I would say .370

9

#40 jokerusn

jokerusn

    nice shoes

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447
  • Joined: 04/30/2005
  • Location:Northern NJ
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:jokerusn
GolfWRX Likes : 857

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

View PostBimmer1, on 12 March 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

View Postjokerusn, on 08 March 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

Anyone know the hosel size for these?

With the KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype being the standard shaft offering I would say .370

That's what I was thinking.

M34609.5 GD TP
M33HL Tensei Pro
R15 8.8TS
7904/Z7455-9 Nippon
SM747/52F/58D/62M /DG/ KBS
Mann MA/66

(¬¬) WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 breakfree40

breakfree40

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 502 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136037
  • Joined: 08/11/2011
  • Location:Cary, NC
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:breakfree40
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

ordered... here's to hoping it's forged.
2018:
Ping G400 LST 8.5; 45" Fujikura Platinum 6x
15* Adams Tight Lies Ti; 43" Aldila Tour Blue VooDoo (tour only) 7x
Edel SLS-01 3-SW; +1/2" 2* up
60* Vokey TVD K-grind
Bettinardi Something Fishy Prototype BB0; Registry #RJB2821; 2* loft; 71* lie

11

#42 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1598

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

View Postbreakfree40, on 13 March 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

ordered... here's to hoping it's forged.

Itís not, I asked. But still an awesome club
Cobra LTD Pro  --  Matrix Type-C Proto 70X
XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X
Titleist 915FD 5W  -- Tour AD TP 8X
Bridgestone J15DF (3i)  Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (52-56)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black

12

#43 breakfree40

breakfree40

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 502 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136037
  • Joined: 08/11/2011
  • Location:Cary, NC
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:breakfree40
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostBearQ, on 13 March 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

View Postbreakfree40, on 13 March 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

ordered... here's to hoping it's forged.

It's not, I asked. But still an awesome club

Shoot, will see what it feels like anyway I suppose!
2018:
Ping G400 LST 8.5; 45" Fujikura Platinum 6x
15* Adams Tight Lies Ti; 43" Aldila Tour Blue VooDoo (tour only) 7x
Edel SLS-01 3-SW; +1/2" 2* up
60* Vokey TVD K-grind
Bettinardi Something Fishy Prototype BB0; Registry #RJB2821; 2* loft; 71* lie

13

#44 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1598

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:06 AM

View Postbreakfree40, on 13 March 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

View PostBearQ, on 13 March 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

View Postbreakfree40, on 13 March 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

ordered... here's to hoping it's forged.

It's not, I asked. But still an awesome club

Shoot, will see what it feels like anyway I suppose!

Will you be able to review it when it comes? Still ice cold where I am
Cobra LTD Pro  --  Matrix Type-C Proto 70X
XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X
Titleist 915FD 5W  -- Tour AD TP 8X
Bridgestone J15DF (3i)  Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (52-56)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black

14

#45 wavyRT

wavyRT

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356859
  • Joined: 01/06/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Hopefully someone can update with a little review!


15

#46 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 752

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

I still havenít had a chance to hit mine!!   Iím hoping to towards the end of the week into early next week.  The KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85 X feels stout but Iím anxious to see how it performs.

Edited by Bimmer1, 26 March 2018 - 06:18 PM.


16

#47 Sef

Sef

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296363
  • Joined: 02/11/2014
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:cbfleming1
GolfWRX Likes : 340

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

I need to try that KBS shaft. I have a Cobra King Utility that I play at 20.5 and absolutely love, but I have a spare adapter and that shaft sounds nice.
Ping G400 Max - Speeder Evolution IV 757 X
TEE CBX - Diamana S+ 70TX
Cobra King Utility - AD DI 95X
Ping i210 4-9 - DG X100
Glide 2.0 Stealth 46, 51, 56, and 60 - DG X100
Cameron & Crown M1

17

#48 andre2you

andre2you

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5569
  • Joined: 08/28/2005
  • Location:Elmhurst, Il.
  • Ebay ID:andre2you
GolfWRX Likes : 162

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:18 PM

Any reviews on the X-HI iron yet?  I ordered one this week with the Hzrdrus black 6.0 shaft and 1* strong (19*) from Bridgestone.  I want to use it mainly on tight driving holes and windy days, otherwise I'd use my CBX 5 wood.....
Bridgestone TourB X-CB  3-PW w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
Bridgestone XD-3 9.5* Hzdrus Black 6.0
TourEdge Exotics CBX 15" Hzdrus Black 6.0
TourEdge Exotics CBX 18" Hzdrus Yellow 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 52* w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
Bridgestone XW-1 56* w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
TaylorMade Spyder w/UST frequency filtered shaft

18

#49 redrage22

redrage22

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491312
  • Joined: 01/18/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

View PostSef, on 26 March 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

I need to try that KBS shaft. I have a Cobra King Utility that I play at 20.5 and absolutely love, but I have a spare adapter and that shaft sounds nice.

The KBS shaft is awesome. Just got one in my apex 3 hybrid. Love the flight and feel after 2 rounds with it. Got it in a 95x with my swing speed being around 100 mph with that club in my hand.
Driver - Cobra F8 + Black w/ Tensei Pro White 60TX
Fairway - Cobra F8 w/ Tensei Blue 70X
Hybrid - Callaway Apex w/ KBS Proto Graphite 95X
Driving Iron - Srixon 565 3 iron w/ Project X. PXi 6.0
Irons - Srixon 965 4-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400's
Wedges - Srixon 765 AW 51 degree with Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Callaway MD4 Raw 56 & 60 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Putter(s) - Odyssey Black Tour Design #2
                 Odyssey Black Tour Design IX (Japan Issue) #2

19

#50 qwertyb22

qwertyb22

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23322
  • Joined: 12/30/2006
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Ebay ID:awpeterson1
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

Any reviews on this club yet?  Comparisons to other driving irons?  Debating pulling the trigger to find out but would like to hear some feedback!

Taylormade M2 9.5 Rogue 110 MSI 60
Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Rogue 110 MSI 70
Taylormade UDI 3 iron Motore Speeder 9.8
Titleist 716 CB 4-PW DG S300
Vokey SM6 52.08F DG S300, WW56.10V DG S300, WW60.10M DG S200
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350gm

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 jokerusn

jokerusn

    nice shoes

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447
  • Joined: 04/30/2005
  • Location:Northern NJ
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:jokerusn
GolfWRX Likes : 857

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:07 PM

View Postqwertyb22, on 08 July 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Any reviews on this club yet?  Comparisons to other driving irons?  Debating pulling the trigger to find out but would like to hear some feedback!

I didn't like it at all.  Felt dead off the face and the shaft was too light for me. Got decent distance out of it but I got better feel and distance out of the p790 3i with a steel start. The original UDI is still the best for me. I will be selling mine shortly with a bunch of other stuff that didn't make the grade so if you want mine, let me know.

Edited by jokerusn, 08 July 2018 - 08:08 PM.

M34609.5 GD TP
M33HL Tensei Pro
R15 8.8TS
7904/Z7455-9 Nippon
SM747/52F/58D/62M /DG/ KBS
Mann MA/66

(¬¬) WITB Link

21

#52 qwertyb22

qwertyb22

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23322
  • Joined: 12/30/2006
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Ebay ID:awpeterson1
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:19 PM

View Postjokerusn, on 08 July 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

I didn't like it at all.  Felt dead off the face and the shaft was too light for me. Got decent distance out of it but I got better feel and distance out of the p790 3i with a steel start. The original UDI is still the best for me. I will be selling mine shortly with a bunch of other stuff that didn't make the grade so if you want mine, let me know.

Interesting!  I like the look of the thickish sole with minimal offset, but was hoping for some positive reviews.  I still have the original UDI in my bag and haven't found the combination of looks and performance to unseat it.  I was hoping this might be promising...
Taylormade M2 9.5 Rogue 110 MSI 60
Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Rogue 110 MSI 70
Taylormade UDI 3 iron Motore Speeder 9.8
Titleist 716 CB 4-PW DG S300
Vokey SM6 52.08F DG S300, WW56.10V DG S300, WW60.10M DG S200
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350gm

22



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors