Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

4 yr old daughter, want her to love golf

31 replies to this topic

#31 DZClark

DZClark

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46044
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:33 PM

My daughter has been joining me on the course since she was 4 months old. At first, she would ride in the cart with her mom while I played, now the golf course has become "OUR" special place. She loves going to the course. We bought a cart a couple of years ago so our normal afternoon (post DST) is to get home from work and her greet me at the door ready to go.

My secret to getting her to fall in love with the course:

1) She can run up and down the hills all she wants as long as she watches to make sure there are no other golfer anywhere around us. She loves rolling and running down the hills.
2) We have developed very close friendship with all the beverage cart girls. She loves them, knows them all on a first name basis and knows our member number by heart (this will cost me in the long run).
3) We have contest on the putting green. She beat me for the first time last week in a "putting challenge" as she calls it and she loves telling the story
4) She spends about 1/5 of the time hitting balls, 1/5 running, jumping and rolling around in the grass, 1/5 of her time tending the flag for me on the green and practicing our chest bump when I make a putt (can be 6 inches and she loves to celebrate) 1/5 of the time watching her ipad in the cart and 1/5 chasing ducks and looking for turtles - I never force anything. We introduced alignment rods last week and she loves laying them at my feet and correcting my aim
5) I have tried hard to make the golf course the fun place to be. She takes "lesson" in the SNAG (starting new at golf) program so all the Pros/Staff know her and she loves the attention. If she doesn't want to go, I don't make her

I hope she always wants to be with dad at the course, but I know eventually she will turn into a hormone raging teenager and dad won't be cool. I am prepared for that, but for now, I LOVE the time I get with her on the course. We make alot of memories

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 homergolf

homergolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46000
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Two of my three daughters wanted nothing to do with golf, they were (are) in dance.  My middle daughter loved our putting contests on the practice green, but quit golf for soccer when she was about 7 or 8.  Now they are grown up, ages 22, 25, 29 and the 22 year old has suddenly shown an interest in the game.  My son liked playing when he was a kid, but baseball and soccer were his passions.  Now, at age 27, he is almost as hooked as I am.  
They are gonna do what they are gonna do.
Rogue driver, 10.5
M4 3HL, 16.5
916h 3-hybrid, 21
915h 4-hybrid, 24
AP3, 5-48*
SM6 54, 10
SM6 60, 8
SC  GoLo 3, 33"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors