Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

***ATTENTION!!! PRICING COMMENTS - ZERO TOLERANCE***

63 replies to this topic

#61 pinestreetgolf

pinestreetgolf

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,015 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435010
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:butlerj_dickinson
GolfWRX Likes : 1843

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

View Post02bluesuperroo, on 27 February 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

I guess I must be the only one.

You play a sport where people routinely shell out $200 greens fees for four hours of fun on a Saturday afternoon.  Why would you do that when a movie ticket is only $7? What a bunch of chumps!

You're (one of) the only ones who has not getting ripped off high on his list of golf priorities.  I could care less about $20 here and there, I just want to have fun and get cool stuff.  If I was shopping for something like new phones for my office I'd be merciless, but very few of us (IMO) think that way about golf.

Most of us (Again, IMO) would much rather there be as many sellers of cool stuff here as possible and we don't really care if we get "ripped off" for a couple bucks grabbing something sweet.

Edited by pinestreetgolf, 27 February 2018 - 03:59 PM.

Two Drivers: 910D2 9.5* +.5", Nike Lucky 13* -2" Pro Launch Red x
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 2 16* Aldila DVS 60x

Driving Iron: Apex CF16 3 Iron 21* s300
Irons: Bridgestone j40 DPC 4-PW s300

Wedges: Vokey SM6 50.08 F Grind & 55.09 M Grind s300
Putter: Nike Method B1|07

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 02bluesuperroo

02bluesuperroo

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52968
  • Ebay ID:02superroo
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

View Postpinestreetgolf, on 27 February 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

I guess I must be the only one.

You play a sport where people routinely shell out $200 greens fees for four hours of fun on a Saturday afternoon.  Why would you do that when a movie ticket is only $7? What a bunch of chumps!

You're (one of) the only ones who has not getting ripped off high on his list of golf priorities.  I could care less about $20 here and there, I just want to have fun and get cool stuff.  If I was shopping for something like new phones for my office I'd be merciless, but very few of us (IMO) think that way about golf.

Most of us (Again, IMO) would much rather there be as many sellers of cool stuff here as possible and we don't really care if we get "ripped off" for a couple bucks grabbing something sweet.

Cool perspective, thanks for the insight.

#63 lowheel

lowheel

LOWHEEL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
GolfWRX Likes : 4522

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:54 PM

View PostTommyOC, on 26 February 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Fingers crossed this includes "great stuff GLWS!", "if only I had the funds this would be mine!", and "if only it were...I'd be all over it!" Posts

You forgot the greatest one ever: " i just bought this on friday arghh if only i knew.."
I dont really mind those its just not for me

#64 GwrxMod

GwrxMod

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 1,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

I actually almost bought one of those Club Cameron bags from someone for $100 until I realized that the entire package including 1 year membership in Club Cameron, a SC headcover, the SC bag and also some other trinkets like a ball marker were all selling for $100+ shipping.  Thankfully I noticed it when trying to see how much the bag was actually worth, otherwise I would have felt like I got ripped off.  I guess I must be the only one.

Yes you probably are.

You were completely out of line in what you did. You went into a poster's BST ad for the Scotty Cameron headcover - an ad that you had no interest in buying from - and posted a link to the Scotty Cameron Club website. Just to prove some sort of point.

If someone wants to pay $90 or $100 for the Scotty Cameron bag because they don't want the other trinkets that come in the $125 Club Cameron package, we have no problem with that. And if the buyer and the seller are completely happy - who are you or anyone else to say otherwise?

Going to close this down now as the comments certainly seem to have run their course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors