Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Who do you think stole my clubs?

34 replies to this topic

#31 DonatelloNobodie

DonatelloNobodie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 321071
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

TSA locks are useless. Most airport personnel can open.

I had a friend who sold "used clubs" cheap.  He always got new stock.  His brother was a baggage handler at the airport.  Coincidence?

Rent clubs, unless you're paying multiple rounds.  You probably aren't that good to make a difference.  I played St Andrews with rentals.  If you're playing a number of rounds, use a club shipping service.  Taking clubs through airports and on airlines is crazy for a lot of reasons.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 dmac4g

dmac4g

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16945
GolfWRX Likes : 629

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

It was the guy who loaded the luggage on the plane.   What do I win?

#33 2ball

2ball

LEFTY

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
GolfWRX Likes : 130

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostGmachine, on 24 February 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

just made a $15 purchase that every golf traveler should invest in-- a TSA lock for your golf bag.

here's my story:

went to LA for a business trip but managed to get in early to play a round of golf.

i had a lunch meeting so checked out of my hotel room and left my golf travel bag with the bell hop (suspect #1).

after lunch, i grabbed an uber to head back to the hotel where i grabbed my golf travel bag and luggage while the uber guy waited (suspect #2).

before my next meeting, i wanted to head to the airport to drop off my golf travel bag so i wouldn't walk into the meeting with it (you can understand). but LA traffic said otherwise. i was running out of time so i asked the uber driver if he could drop me off at my meeting first, then take my golf bag to the airport and drop it off with the airline (JetSuite X public charter so they fly out of private terminals so you don't need a boarding pass to drop off luggage). he said he would be more than happy to and i even gave him $20 for his help.

after the meeting, went to the airport and saw my golf travel bag behind the counter waiting to be loaded (suspect #3).

when i landed back home, i went to my car and opened up my golf travel bag to unpack it.. only to find that my driver and 3 wood were gone.

horrified. who done it? most say the uber guy but he was such a nice guy. i even called him after and told him my driver and 3 wood were missing, hoping i could sense something in his voice.. but he said he immediately dropped off the bag at the airport.

lesson learned. my TSA lock will now be on the travel bag at all times. i suggest every golf traveler do the same.

airport employee hands down. plenty of time and they go through all golf bags anyway. Also they can inspect your bag out of view and hide anything they intend to steal easily.

#34 nix

nix

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460232
  • Handicap:20.4
GolfWRX Likes : 741

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

I vote for the guy that left his clubs unattended with a whole host of strangers.

#35 Aleriooon

Aleriooon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 324337
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:07 PM

The Uber driver, he would have been alone with the clubs in his vehicle and could easily remove what he wanted and stow them in the trunk. Hotel and airport personnel would have to deal with cameras and concealing the stolen goods from coworkers. This sounds like a crime of opportunity and given your description of the events, the Uber driver had the greatest opportunity.

TaylorMade '16 M1  9.5* w/ Rogue Silver 60 S
TaylorMade '16 M1 15* w/ Rogue Silver 70 S
TaylorMade P790 3i 18* w/ Recoil 780 SmacWrap
TaylorMade TP CB 4-PW w/ KBS Tour S
Cobra Tour Trusty 51*, 56*, 60*
Ping Cadence TR Mallet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors